Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 324375 times)

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8000 on: Today at 07:24:26 pm »
Sunday league levels today, Opening the goalkeeper's gloves before a corner and standing in front of him blocking him.

Sorry Tony, I need to have a chuckle at this level of moan from you today!  ;D

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8001 on: Today at 07:32:03 pm »
All the main players are 25 or under, they’re gaining a lot of big game and title race pressure experience and still haven’t hit their peak. If we dont win it this year we ll be even better next season so no panic.
It doesnt make it right having to deal with city’s cheating, weve got 80 points already and still looking massive outsiders for the title, but they’re not getting punished any time soon so we have to keep trying.

It's strange watching another side sell themselves dreams about how things will be so much better year on year completely ignoring potential season derailing injuries and issues that hamper your season

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8002 on: Today at 07:38:36 pm »
It's strange watching another side sell themselves dreams about how things will be so much better year on year completely ignoring potential season derailing injuries and issues that hamper your season
And
Is that not what every fan does when thinking about the following season? Don’t think many will think yeah, next season is going to be way worse than this unless there’s some exceptional circumstance.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8003 on: Today at 07:39:50 pm »
Is that not what every fan does when thinking about the following season?

Only until you see another side go toe to toe with City, then you watch and learn. Much the same as your teams experience last year after we warned you all how it goes

It's not about 'way worse' you're missing the point entirely. You've had unfathomable luck injury wise. What are the chances of you at no point having your key players ALL fit for all of the most important games.

Saka
Odegaard
Rice

For example, all fit, no having to re-jig, grind out some results with a depleted side, have other players step up in those key moments when you cant call on your big game deciders
« Last Edit: Today at 07:42:38 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8004 on: Today at 07:41:42 pm »
Only until you see another side go toe to toe with City, then you watch and learn. Much the same as your teams experience last year after we warned you all how it goes

You’re tired and drawn out with it, I get that. We aren’t yet. I’d rather be competing with City and Liverpool for top spot than competing with Spurs for 4th.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8005 on: Today at 07:44:36 pm »
You’re tired and drawn out with it, I get that. We aren’t yet. I’d rather be competing with City and Liverpool for top spot than competing with Spurs for 4th.

Still missing the point entirely. Your fans dont learn!

You could yet win the title this year, but regardless of if you do or not its a good idea to listen to those that have experienced it before you. It's like being a parent and telling your kid about the dangers of certain situations, they dont wanna listen and think you're just being boring, old and spoiling their fun when in reality it's just speaking from having more experience

To be honest i'm not even tired and drawn out with it, i'm incredibly optimistic about our club and what we can do, i've seen my side win the champions league twice and hoover up every single trophy, build an incredibly envied structure and go from a side making mistakes constantly to leading the way for football operations. I just also live in reality and understand what football has become.

For all the positives of Arsenal, you're currently part of the problem. I grew up having respect and admiration for Arsenal and a lot of your old players, hell I fucking met Ian Wright only last week, but way too many of your fans have gained this insane sense of entitlement and delusion about how quickly things change in football. If we disagree with you it's basically anything but speaking from a position of having experienced all this shit, you would think last season would have provided your fans with some perspective but nope
« Last Edit: Today at 07:49:59 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8006 on: Today at 07:47:41 pm »

Cant be worrying about next season's injuries already... Thats a bad place to be.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8007 on: Today at 07:49:45 pm »

Yeh I remember 2 years ago when we lost there 3-0, it looked like that would be our biggest game for years, it was for 4th spot...... Weve been out of CL for 7 years till this season and hadnt challenged for the title in about 15 years until last season, its all still new to us, if we are still missing out to city in the next 4 years then ill be absolutely gutted, for now theres nothing to panic about.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8008 on: Today at 07:51:41 pm »
You’ve had your chance Arsenal. Enjoy another trophyless season. Won’t be better next year either.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8009 on: Today at 07:54:46 pm »
Cant be worrying about next season's injuries already... Thats a bad place to be.

It's not about worrying about injuries, just remaining realistic. You can be excited for a new season while recognising the need to strengthen your squad because injuries are a thing and the drop off from your first 11 is quite obscene in a number of positions. The margin for error is something I dont quite think your fans fully comprehend

It's just weird seeing all we've had happen be completely ignored only to hear the same shit we were saying as if we never showed how it goes

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8010 on: Today at 07:58:49 pm »
Would anyone be surprised if the one time City drop points in a title run in, it's when they're not up against us?

I have a sneaky feeling it'll happen and Arsenal will pounce.

"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8011 on: Today at 08:01:17 pm »
It's not about worrying about injuries, just remaining realistic. You can be excited for a new season while recognising the need to strengthen your squad because injuries are a thing and the drop off from your first 11 is quite obscene in a number of positions. The margin for error is something I dont quite think your fans fully comprehend

It's just weird seeing all we've had happen be completely ignored only to hear the same shit we were saying as if we never showed how it goes

I don’t quite get what you mean here?
« Last Edit: Today at 08:04:42 pm by ScottishGoon »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8012 on: Today at 08:02:08 pm »
Would anyone be surprised if the one time City drop points in a title run in, it's when they're not up against us?

It’s only the Spurs game I could potentially see any trouble. Would be the most self-loathing, shooting them selves in the foot Spursy thing to do to win that game. Or even draw it which probably won’t be a load of use to them either. But City should win them all from here.

The nice part of me would be pleased for the decent Arsenal fans if they win it. The bitter part would be annoyed and never hear the end of it. But time will tell. Would still expect City to win it from here.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8013 on: Today at 08:02:13 pm »

No chance. Even their fixture list is very easy, teams with nothing to play for.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8014 on: Today at 08:02:27 pm »
Regarding next season, you may or may not improve.

There's nothing to say that getting pipped to the title by Pep's cheating machine won't derail you a bit. Don't forget, better teams than this Arsenal have had off seasons after a heavy season the year before. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal weren't as close next year. Equally, you could win it.

The takeaway point is, It's far from a guarantee you will move forward next season.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8015 on: Today at 08:05:16 pm »

Totally agree

Im not saying wed win it with this squad, we need to strengthen, but all the signs are that we will. I think Arteta/Edu know what we are up against. If we want to finally get over the line, we need more in the summer.

Obviously this season isnt over yet, but out of our hands

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8016 on: Today at 08:06:03 pm »
Still missing the point entirely. Your fans dont learn!

You could yet win the title this year, but regardless of if you do or not its a good idea to listen to those that have experienced it before you. It's like being a parent and telling your kid about the dangers of certain situations, they dont wanna listen and think you're just being boring, old and spoiling their fun when in reality it's just speaking from having more experience

To be honest i'm not even tired and drawn out with it, i'm incredibly optimistic about our club and what we can do, i've seen my side win the champions league twice and hoover up every single trophy, build an incredibly envied structure and go from a side making mistakes constantly to leading the way for football operations. I just also live in reality and understand what football has become.

For all the positives of Arsenal, you're currently part of the problem. I grew up having respect and admiration for Arsenal and a lot of your old players, hell I fucking met Ian Wright only last week, but way too many of your fans have gained this insane sense of entitlement and delusion about how quickly things change in football. If we disagree with you it's basically anything but speaking from a position of having experienced all this shit, you would think last season would have provided your fans with some perspective but nope

This many times for me

Jurgen YNWA

Online coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #8017 on: Today at 08:06:55 pm »
No chance. Even their fixture list is very easy, teams with nothing to play for.

So you've conceded the title? What are you playing for now?
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8018 on: Today at 08:09:11 pm »
So you've conceded the title? What are you playing for now?

We are playing to win every game. In the past week weve thrashed chelsea to their biggest ever london derby defeat, weve won two years running at spurs for the first time since the 80s, and it would be nice to win at man utd for just the second time in 18 years.