Author Topic: Top 10 Favourite TV Shows?  (Read 9103 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Top 10 Favourite TV Shows?
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2014, 07:52:24 am »
No idea why I've never given this a go. Stellar cast like. On episode two now, excellent stuff so far!
You lucky cocksucka.

It's brilliant...if I was to do a list it'd be at 3 behind the obvious 2.

I've recently finished re-watching it and I thought..think the dialogue is the best of any of the recent more lauded shows.

Also,I thought the ending was good.I know everyone bitched when it finished but I think it's a brilliant low key ending...
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2014, 07:59:01 am »
No idea why I've never given this a go. Stellar cast like. On episode two now, excellent stuff so far!
Its stunning, probably the best made show of all time.  I placed it third behind The Wire and Twin Peaks, on another day I'd put it first, there really isn't much between the three.

The dialogue is beautifully coarse.  Great stuff.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2014, 08:01:14 am »
You lucky cocksucka.

It's brilliant...if I was to do a list it'd be at 3 behind the obvious 2.

I've recently finished re-watching it and I thought..think the dialogue is the best of any of the recent more lauded shows.

Also,I thought the ending was good.I know everyone bitched when it finished but I think it's a brilliant low key ending...
The final line uttered by Swearengen ties everything up wonderfully, its actually a really fitting conclusion.  I didn't think that at the time though, I was as angry as everyone else.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2014, 08:48:23 am »
I remember thinking when I finished watching, how awesome it was just for the change of opinion I had towards Swearengen in the beginning and in the end of the series.

It's an excellent series all around. Up there at the top with the other well known ones.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2014, 09:19:01 am »
I know a fourth season will never happen, but I'd kill for some kind of tenuous spin-off. Farnum and Richardson in a dark room (no need to rebuild the set) sneering at eachother like a nineteenth century Steptoe and Son would do. Or just one more Swearengen blow-job monologue, five minutes for Sport Relief or the ice bucket or something.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2014, 10:34:27 am »
The final line uttered by Swearengen ties everything up wonderfully, its actually a really fitting conclusion.  I didn't think that at the time though, I was as angry as everyone else.
It took a re-watch for me to realise how brilliant that final line was.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2014, 10:39:46 am »
It took a re-watch for me to realise how brilliant that final line was.

Yeah, it's a brilliant line, especially given what he's doing at the time.  I'm going to finish the first four seasons of Justified and then give it another watch.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2014, 10:45:52 am »
OK I'm hitching myself to the Deadwood bandwagon as soon as I get time...sounds like a major oversight on my part...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »
OK I'm hitching myself to the Deadwood bandwagon as soon as I get time...sounds like a major oversight on my part...

Think Shakespeare set in the West with the HBO series treatment and liberal use of the word "cocksucker" and a veritable hurricane of "fucks" and the single greatest portrayal of constant, pointless anger EVER ;) It's fucking greatness in every way. Get on this Samie, you cocksucker! You don't want to be a cocksucker like that cocksucker Titi  ;)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2014, 03:37:46 pm »
Think Shakespeare set in the West with the HBO series treatment and liberal use of the word "cocksucker" and a veritable hurricane of "fucks" and the single greatest portrayal of constant, pointless anger EVER ;) It's fucking greatness in every way. Get on this Samie, you cocksucker! You don't want to be a cocksucker like that cocksucker Titi  ;)
Get a hair cut (hippy) it looks like your mother fucked a monkey! :wave

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2014, 03:51:52 pm »

:lmao

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2014, 06:39:55 am »
1. The Wire
2. Mad Men
3. The Sopranos
4. Twin Peaks
5. Six Feet Under
6. The Office (UK)
7. Deadwood
8. Game of Thrones
9. The Walking Dead
10. Review with Myles Barlow

Shame on me for forgetting Mad Men. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:04:13 am by Another Red »

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2014, 06:47:59 am »
No Rentaghost?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2014, 07:26:26 am »
We doing this again? Ok here's mine:

1. The Wire
2. Game of Thrones
3. Breaking Bad
4. Sopranos (still need to finish it)
5. House
6. Twin Peaks
7. Six Feet Under
8. Utopia
9. Boss
10. HoC 1st season

[re-edit]Red Riding (based on David Peace's novels) would get a mention if it was one-off shows.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:23:09 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2014, 06:05:33 pm »
We doing this again? Ok here's mine:

1. The Wire
2. Game of Thrones
3. Breaking Bad
4. Sopranos (still need to finish it)
5. Twin Peaks
6. Six Feet Under
7. Utopia
8. Boss
9. HoC 1st season
10. Trailer Park Boys!

Tried to stick with dram rather than comedy part from the last choice.
No Deadwood?

You're aware of what that makes you... :)

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »
1) The Wire
2) The Sopranos
3) Breaking Bad
4) Oz
5) The Shield
6) Game of Thrones
7) Mad Men
8) Boardwalk Empire
9) True Detective
10) Rescue Me
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »
Where can I watch Deadwood?

Also no Lost? Be ashamed all of you.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2014, 06:17:33 pm »
Really weird, but I could never get into Deadwood. It's exactly the pacing I enjoy (see my top 10 list above), I love the HBO style, I love the swearing etc...

But I watched one season and couldn't contribute. And I hate that Olymphant or whatever he's called.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2014, 06:19:50 pm »

If this was a thread about the biggest waste of time in the history of television, I'd have it number 1 on my list!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2014, 06:20:23 pm »

Well, Lost is shite barring the first two seasons and you can pick up the Deadwood boxset for £25 from Amazon or its over on The Pirate Bay if you're that way inclined, its just over 4gb per season (standard definition).

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2014, 06:20:25 pm »

Can you not dl it?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2014, 06:21:12 pm »
No Deadwood?

You're aware of what that makes you... :)
Might look into that. Never got around to it, so much to see!
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »
If this was a thread about the biggest waste of time in the history of television, I'd have it number 1 on my list!
:D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »

And you'd be wrong. :wave Was superb at it's best.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2014, 06:24:05 pm »
Might look into that. Never got around to it, so much to see!
It's brilliant.probably the best cast in any any tv series.The writing is outstanding and the use of the word cocksucka is immense.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2014, 06:26:27 pm »
I missed out True Detective, would deffo be in my top five. Perhpas behind Sopranos, because its only been one series so far. If they can repeat the quality of the 1st, top three for sure.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2014, 07:52:41 pm »
Fuck I forgot Lost!!!! :o :no

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »
1. House
2. Six Feet Under
3. Game Of Thrones
4. Band of Brothers
5. The Sopranos
6. Twin Peaks
7. Lost
8. Boardwalk Empire
9. Hannibal
10. True Detective

Honourable mentions to:
Sherlock
House Of Cards
Luther
Boss
Utopia
Orange is the New Black
Breaking Bad
The X Files
Justified
Death Valley

I'm half way through season 2 of Deadwood, the 1st and 2nd episodes of this season are some of the best television I've ever watched....I'm expected "Swedgin Cocksucker" to turn a lighter shade of black before the series is over....if the quality continues it'll make the top ten, no idea where at his point though, but it may possibly break into the top five!

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2014, 10:14:04 pm »
Shit I forgot all about HOUSE! Top six, damn I miss that show. Band of Brothers would be in there but I consider it a one-off.

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:03 pm »
Any list with Breaking Bad above The Sopranos is wrong.
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2014, 10:25:06 pm »
And you'd be wrong. :wave Was superb at it's best.

I quite liked Lost, the final half dozen episodes of Season 2 and first half dozen of Season 3 are terrific. I stopped watching when it started meandering all over the place. It felt like the writer's didn't know where they were going themselves.

Haven't seen any mentions of the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Thought it was going to be a full-on nerdfest when I started watching, turned out it was basically the West Wing but in space, and brilliant.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2014, 11:44:18 pm »

1. The Sopranos
2. Breaking Bad
3. Entourage
4. The Wire
5. The Simpsons
6. One Tree Hill
7. Dream Team
8. Prison Break
9. The OC
10. Southland

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2014, 01:30:31 am »
1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. Mad Men
4. Game of Thrones
5. Boadwalk Empire
6. Six Million Dollar Man
7. X-Files
8. Homocide - Life on the Street
9. A-Team
10. Battle of the Planets

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2014, 02:58:22 am »

10. Battle of the Planets

I've said it before and I will say it again - you, sir, are a class act  :thumbup

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2014, 09:11:32 am »

8. Homocide

I thought I was the only one who mixes up that word.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #117 on: September 3, 2014, 07:01:25 pm »
*Potential spoilers for Breaking Bad and True Detective*

« Last Edit: September 3, 2014, 07:10:18 pm by Il Liverpool »

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #118 on: September 3, 2014, 08:19:30 pm »
In order, and based on sheer wonder and resonance for myself (mostly from being awed as a youth).

1. Battlestar Galactica (reboot)
2. Seinfeld
3. The Water Margin
4. X Files
5. Game of Thrones
6. Father Ted
7. Fireball XL5
8. Boys from the Blackstuff
9. One Summer
10. Space 1999

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan