Author Topic: Work is...  (Read 2124 times)

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
Work is...
« on: April 4, 2017, 05:31:15 pm »
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Re: Work is...
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2017, 05:44:08 pm »
Elusive.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2017, 06:15:59 pm »
A 4 letter word

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2017, 06:24:06 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Zi9ivZL7vmA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Zi9ivZL7vmA</a>
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2017, 06:27:22 pm »
Invariably lacking of true meaning.

But that's why we have football and beer.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2017, 06:29:54 pm »
Used to pay a state pension that a government I don't agree with will hope I die before I reach the age to draw
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6 on: April 4, 2017, 06:33:20 pm »
Just something that I do to earn money...

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #7 on: April 4, 2017, 06:41:07 pm »
Utterly depressing and soul-destroying.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2017, 06:48:38 pm »
Kevin and Otto in the Supermarket. - 'Repo Man'
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3GPGcP7-FfQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3GPGcP7-FfQ</a>

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2017, 06:50:41 pm »
A means to an end.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2017, 07:09:50 pm »
Work

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YQh_7LYg-g
I ask myself everyday why I bother, and I think it's mainly out of boredom. I don't even do it for money, I just want something that challenges me.

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2017, 08:08:21 pm »
https://youtu.be/8UmtqGTFjro

Bill Shankly summed it up best for me. This video i carry with me to this day.

LOVE that man. What an inspiration.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14 on: April 5, 2017, 11:38:40 am »
Just something that I do to earn money...

Yep.  My job isn't terrible, I don't dislike it, I get on with everyone here and there's enough leeway so I can fart around on the internet whenever I want and there are jobs out there which are way worse.  But if I didn't need the money, I wouldn't work at all.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2017, 11:41:40 am »
Yep.  My job isn't terrible, I don't dislike it, I get on with everyone here and there's enough leeway so I can fart around on the internet whenever I want and there are jobs out there which are way worse.  But if I didn't need the money, I wouldn't work at all.

Pretty much spot on. I don't dislike my job, they've been really good with some things in my life, but if I didn't need the money I wouldn't work another day of my life. Baffles me the people who say if they win the lottery, they'd still work.

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2017, 11:51:00 am »
20 years of my life (and coutning) , I'll never get back >:(

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2017, 12:06:52 pm »
Pretty much spot on. I don't dislike my job, they've been really good with some things in my life, but if I didn't need the money I wouldn't work another day of my life. Baffles me the people who say if they win the lottery, they'd still work.

My uncle and his wife (both in their mid-60s) have between £750,000 - £1,000,000 in their account; accrued by saving, holding multiple jobs, property investment & inheritance and they both still work full-time.

Their mortgage is long paid off, they could retire now and live on £700 odd quid a week for the next 20 years (they've got pensions too).

I don't understand it; you could spend a few days a week getting pampered at the local Spa, get hammered once or twice a week, Golf, Fish, scratch yourself, eat out every night and still have change.

You could also travel (in style) 3 or 4 time a year.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2017, 05:24:42 pm »
For some people, it's something to do. Mate of mine was off work for a few weeks because of a broken foot and he hated it, said he was going mad out of sheer boredom. Ended up returning to work the earliest chance he got. How depressing and uninteresting must your life be that you need to work to achieve some sort of satisfaction.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2017, 01:00:30 pm »
I think I'm one of the lucky ones. I used to hate being in work, felt like it just got in the way, but last year I got a job as a registered manager in an old people's home. I love it.

So many aspects to enjoy. I can have a laugh with the old dears, build a team of staff who are motivated to be apart of the best care home in the area, ensure that activities are carried out and constantly thinking of new ideas to keep people entertained and pretty much have a large pot of money to pay for physical improvements to the home.

Had CQC in recently and even enjoyed that.

Sorry everyone.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2017, 10:33:05 pm »
20 years of my life (and coutning) , I'll never get back >:(
27 in the same place for me, I'm 43..

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #21 on: April 9, 2017, 06:33:54 am »
I think I'm one of the lucky ones. I used to hate being in work, felt like it just got in the way, but last year I got a job as a registered manager in an old people's home. I love it.

So many aspects to enjoy. I can have a laugh with the old dears, build a team of staff who are motivated to be apart of the best care home in the area, ensure that activities are carried out and constantly thinking of new ideas to keep people entertained and pretty much have a large pot of money to pay for physical improvements to the home.

Sorry everyone.r

So strange , I also work in a business that helps older people  maintain their independence within their own homes, and we train lovely people to look after and care for people with dementia and Alzheimer's. This brings immense satisfaction to all of  us involved, from management, office staff and caregivers . We also love being inspected because if you are doing things right it is really affirming to be told so. Looking after others who need help brings great satisfaction and perhaps all those who hate their jobs and see them as a means to bring in cash, should look at their lives and see if something more altruistic would still pay the bills.

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #22 on: April 9, 2017, 11:21:06 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A4-3TKy2A28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A4-3TKy2A28</a>
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #23 on: April 9, 2017, 12:34:07 pm »
Not what defines you

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 11:57:19 am »
....some kind of career I fell into about 10 years ago. Now I'm thinking why the hell am I doing this, especially after somebody close to me has had a serious health issue.

They say do what you love to do.....that's a great idea but so hard to find, for me anyway

To be able to earn enough for a lifestyle I'd enjoy, in a job I enjoy doing.....tough. And I am fully aware I'm lucky enough to have a job so can't even complain too much to be honest!

I guess if you get on with your co-workers socially, earn enough that you are not struggling that is good enough.

But would not work ever again if I could afford not to. Actually that's a lie I would try and do things that I'd find interesting
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 12:17:36 pm »
 F ⋅ s

or

τ θ

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2017, 02:04:11 pm »

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2017, 02:54:05 pm »

Sorry everyone.
Yes, I hear it went very well.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0sVjWejuBNk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0sVjWejuBNk</a>
"under-promise and over-deliver"