Author Topic: WPC Yvonne Fletcher - Accomplice found dead in Libya  (Read 1426 times)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
WPC Yvonne Fletcher - Accomplice found dead in Libya
« on: August 30, 2011, 08:49:54 pm »
I am so glad this story has an actual ending or part of it.

I was 15 when this happened.

IN 1984 some Libyan thugs under diplonmatic protection decided to shoot at some protesters outside the Libyan embassy in London. Sadly a nice and innocent WPC simply doing her job was killed. There is a small memorial at the spot where it happened.

I never forgot that name.

I was into joining the army at the time and was all over current affairs. As there were loads of brits working in Libya at the time, UK govt allowed the killers to walk free to Heathrow to get a plane home. This protected the safety of brits in Libya at the time.

I always hated the decisions govts sometimes have to make in the name of high level politics after that.

Im glad that at least one of the supposedly known accomplices has been found dead. Apparently found executed with others in some Tripoli apartment.

Im glad at least one of these MFs got whats coming to him.

The trigger man has been identified but is still at large.

I do hope he is found and brought home and tried and made to rot in some super nasty victorian prison on his own for the rest of his life.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: WPC Yvonne Fletcher - Accomplice found dead in Libya
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:59:46 pm »
I am so glad this story has an actual ending or part of it.

I was 15 when this happened.

IN 1984 some Libyan thugs under diplonmatic protection decided to shoot at some protesters outside the Libyan embassy in London. Sadly a nice and innocent WPC simply doing her job was killed. There is a small memorial at the spot where it happened.

I never forgot that name.

I was into joining the army at the time and was all over current affairs. As there were loads of brits working in Libya at the time, UK govt allowed the killers to walk free to Heathrow to get a plane home. This protected the safety of brits in Libya at the time.

I always hated the decisions govts sometimes have to make in the name of high level politics after that.

Im glad that at least one of the supposedly known accomplices has been found dead. Apparently found executed with others in some Tripoli apartment.

Im glad at least one of these MFs got whats coming to him.

The trigger man has been identified but is still at large.

I do hope he is found and brought home and tried and made to rot in some super nasty victorian prison on his own for the rest of his life.

Like Megrahi was supposed to mate? Wont happen imo. Another life sentence, out after 8 months while we bang away rioters for months for pilfering a bottle of water. You know it makes sense.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:18:52 pm »
Like Megrahi was supposed to mate? Wont happen imo. Another life sentence, out after 8 months while we bang away rioters for months for pilfering a bottle of water. You know it makes sense.

i'd bring that mother fucker back from libya

unhook his fucking machine, put him on the back of some hercules returning to UK

no frills

if he makes it to barlinnie, he can serve his time

if he dies on route

oh well

tough shit

just like the passengers of the airplane then

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 09:23:57 pm »
i'd bring that mother fucker back from libya

unhook his fucking machine, put him on the back of some hercules returning to UK

no frills

if he makes it to barlinnie, he can serve his time

if he dies on route

oh well

tough shit

just like the passengers of the airplane then

I totally agree. His release was a fucking political sham and this may not sit well with some, and probably even with me, but i hope he suffers as he dies.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 02:38:22 am »
A tiny bit of justice for WPC Yvonne Fletcher yesterday after only 37 years. Such a sad story and mis-handled by several governments.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 07:37:13 am »
Yep, thanks for bumping that Andy, you could see the delight of her colleagues and supporters outside court yesterday.