Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2557159 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #10960 on: April 28, 2017, 09:01:34 am »
When someone tells you something and you know it's a lie, and they almost certainly know that you know it's a lie, but they insist it's true.

Not sure if it's the fact they are lying which annoys me more, or the fact they think I'm stupid enough to believe it.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10961 on: April 28, 2017, 09:06:07 am »
When someone tells you something and you know it's a lie, and they almost certainly know that you know it's a lie, but they insist it's true.

Not sure if it's the fact they are lying which annoys me more, or the fact they think I'm stupid enough to believe it.
Do you work for FSG or will you try to double-bluff us?

;)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #10962 on: April 28, 2017, 09:30:10 am »
When you are trying to ' enjoy yourself ' but the kids are going to school. Puts you right off.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10963 on: April 28, 2017, 09:43:24 am »
Do you work for FSG or will you try to double-bluff us?

;)

;D ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10964 on: April 29, 2017, 06:29:30 pm »
When something is so ingrained into you that you automatically do it in other situations.

Such as years of playing football meaning if I see someone drop I instantly stick my foot out to bring it under instant Ronaldinho style control - and to be fair its saved one or two phone screens over the years.

However doing it when naked in the shower and a full bottle of shampoo drops off the shelf is not a good idea  :no
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:00:08 pm by CraigDS »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10965 on: April 29, 2017, 07:35:25 pm »
When someone is so ingrained into you that you automatically do it in other situations.

Such as years of playing football meaning if I see someone drop I instantly stick my foot out to bring it under instant Ronaldinho style control - and to be fair its saved one or two phone screens over the years.

However doing it when naked in the shower and a full bottle of shampoo drops off the shelf is not a good idea  :no

Haha. I do this too. Have saved many a bottle, glass or cups smashing all over the floor doing it  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10966 on: April 29, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »
My fucking phone changing something to someone twice in that post above  :no

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10967 on: April 30, 2017, 11:34:22 am »
When something is so ingrained into you that you automatically do it in other situations.

Did this yesterday with a glass saucepan lid. Great control to be fair, still got it.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10968 on: April 30, 2017, 03:28:03 pm »
The minor disappointment of getting to the bottom of your holiday ice cream to find the cone is not solid chocolate at the bottom.

EDIT: thanks for the name change...now I will never forget!

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #10969 on: April 30, 2017, 10:27:04 pm »
That the bread toaster has only 2 settings.

- Hardcore stone roast
- Semi limp dick raw

I can't do anything about it because my roomie is a mingebag.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10970 on: May 1, 2017, 08:48:47 am »
Hayfever, and the fact that you can develop it at 23 years old :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10971 on: May 1, 2017, 09:46:33 am »
Shit drivers again. Just been the Asda, knobhead in an Audi A5, flying round the blind roundabout coming out, no indicators, which is par for Audi's and BMW's. On to the main road and said knob tries to undertake a car, almost rams into one of the Traffic Management trucks from the wife's work that is coning off a lane outside the Trafford Centre - these things are really hard to see..

Jurgen YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10972 on: May 1, 2017, 10:42:28 am »
Hayfever, and the fact that you can develop it at 23 years old :(
Yeah, I have a dust allergy as an adult that I never had as a child.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #10973 on: May 1, 2017, 04:57:22 pm »
Ordering a lunch roll and watching them put all the fillings in the center instead of spreading them out

Drives me mad that
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #10974 on: May 1, 2017, 05:10:58 pm »
Also, why are scissors sold in packets that are infuriatingly hard to open?

It's almost as if you need a.......erm......hmmm..... a fucking scissors to open them

Which, if I fucking had one, would negate the need to be buying a new one in the first place, wouldn't it? You bunch of tight packet making twats

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #10975 on: May 1, 2017, 05:20:14 pm »
The cliche that results like yesterday mean nothing if we don't win today. No, whatever, the three teams below us dropped 7 points between them, and that is not nothing.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #10976 on: May 1, 2017, 05:24:52 pm »
And people who hold up the queue at the supermarket because they need to rummage around their purse for their debit card

Great, let us all just stand here like c*nts while you search for an item that you knew you were going to fucking need and one which you could have been searching for while you were waiting for the person in front of you to bag their groceries. You stupid frozen dinner buying gowl-bag

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10977 on: May 1, 2017, 05:25:16 pm »
Saw a prang the other day at mini roundabout at the end of my road.  One Road is busier than the other but the moron flying along the main road didn't give way to the right and the car that was turning out. Ended up being too much vehicle and too little road and the pair scraped together like Ben Hur and his mate in the chariot race. Knobheads everywhere.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10978 on: May 1, 2017, 06:40:08 pm »
Roundabouts rules are simple, you give way to vehicles from the right, therefore  vehicles already on the roundabout have right of way, at mini roundabouts you again give way to vehicles to your right, so it two arrive at a mini at the same time, give way to the right. If you are approaching from directly opposite directions and one vehicle is turning right, they have priority.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10979 on: May 1, 2017, 06:46:59 pm »
Makes me secretly seeth when the wife is driving towards a roundabout and stops every time, doesn't matter if there's no other car in sight, she'll stop.

Won't tell her that though, not worth the hassle.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10980 on: May 1, 2017, 06:48:34 pm »
Roundabouts rules are simple, you give way to vehicles from the right, therefore  vehicles already on the roundabout have right of way, at mini roundabouts you again give way to vehicles to your right, so it two arrive at a mini at the same time, give way to the right. If you are approaching from directly opposite directions and one vehicle is turning right, they have priority.

Well done sir. The problem is that the roads are full of stupid or senile or testosterone fuelled idiots who have no comprehension of how to drive or their responsibility to other road users.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10981 on: May 1, 2017, 07:18:13 pm »
That's totally different to what happened to me. I was already on the roundabout, where the car is at 11 on this:

Exactly, so you had the right of way, the other fella knows fuck all about driving.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10982 on: May 2, 2017, 12:31:08 am »
Jobs not getting back to me at all after an interview. I can take the hint, but even a fucking automated email is better than utter silence. Whatever happened to professional courtesy?

I'm up to a month now for one job. It's becoming more common.

I would follow it up, but this is a job I'm iffy on anyway (the interview version of the job didn't really resemble the job spec) so I'm prepared to wait. Week four and nowt.

I could always turn up - "no news is good news!" :D
« Last Edit: May 2, 2017, 12:37:34 am by ToneLa »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10983 on: May 2, 2017, 02:21:57 pm »
some idiot drivers today alright. was reversing out of a car park spot when someone driving along clearly saw me and just carried on. could easily have reversed into them. when they saw me half way out of the spot i should have been let continue
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10984 on: May 2, 2017, 02:36:19 pm »
some idiot drivers today alright. was reversing out of a car park spot when someone driving along clearly saw me and just carried on. could easily have reversed into them. when they saw me half way out of the spot i should have been let continue

I was slowly reversing out of a space the other day and some woman walks behind the car as I'm about a third out of the space. I put on the brakes and she looks at me as if I should have stopped before she decided to walk out on an already reversing car.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10985 on: May 2, 2017, 02:37:00 pm »
And on the roundabouts; always give way to the right, means anyone on a roundabout has right of way. Basics.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10986 on: May 2, 2017, 02:42:06 pm »
I was slowly reversing out of a space the other day and some woman walks behind the car as I'm about a third out of the space. I put on the brakes and she looks at me as if I should have stopped before she decided to walk out on an already reversing car.
i hate people like that. i was going around a corner one day when someone walked out infront of me despite seeing me. got the hump because they had to stop half way across the road. i did hesitate as i didnt know if they would carry on. they stopped so i carried on and she went mad. i just wound down the window
"you can fuck off, you saw the car coming and yet you still walked out infront of it"

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10987 on: May 2, 2017, 03:27:42 pm »
trying to help someone and getting abuse for it.
Just happened to me the other day. Was pouring rain outside while I'm on my balcony enjoying the peacefulness of it. In the distance I hear someone shouting "Pebbles! *clapclap*" Pebbles come here!"
I then see a Shepard mix dog with a leash on it sprinting away from an older guy with a walking cane 50 yards behind him. I fly out the door, and at first try to coax it submissively with a treat I grabbed after chasing Pebbles down. She paused, then fled.

I accepted this was going to be an ordeal, and the only way this dog isn't getting away is by catching it. So here I am, a 30 year old man that hasn't exercised in months, completely soaked wearing boat shoes, chasing a herding dog that's faster and has more endurance than me. To spare you the chase scene, ten minutes of full out sprinting later jumping down in ditches, through a field, I diverted the dog back to his owner who was able to grab the leash as she passed by him.

I hunch over, about to pass out from exhaustion, my hair forming a makeshift waterfall, legs down covered in mud. I look up and the guy is walking away without so much as a thanks. I wasn't ok with that and shouted "Looks like you found Pebbles". He said "She's scared of strangers, you just made it worse!"

I didn't have the energy to further the interaction, so went back home and changed clothes. Some people you just have to laugh at.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10988 on: May 2, 2017, 03:30:46 pm »

I didn't have the energy to further the interaction, so went back home and changed clothes. Some people you just have to thump.

fixed

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10989 on: May 2, 2017, 03:33:49 pm »
It's not really a professional courtesy thing. it's just a matter of HR these days, sadly.

We advertised for a fairly normal role within our company 2 months ago; we got 1,328 applicants for it. As a result, some of the applications were absolutely insane (at both ends of the spectrum) - we had teenagers straight out of A-Level college, with no qualifications apply; we had Cambridge graduates with Masters degrees apply.

It's simply impossible to reply to every person - we'd have to have a department whose sole designation was literally ringing people up to say sorry, otherwise.

That's one thing,  but not getting back to someone after they've had an interview is piss poor. Happened to me last year. I'm not holding out for it. :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10990 on: May 2, 2017, 03:53:28 pm »
Haha

I think it's just a norm now sadly - there is no real need for etiquette, due to demand for roles. I've been for a couple of things that I never heard back from - one a few years ago, I turned up for the interview and they told me that they'd already filled the role and that the person had already started!!

It's probably just the relevant departments, HR and maybe external recruiters not talking to each other too. We're just collateral damage!

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #10991 on: May 2, 2017, 04:13:14 pm »
And people who hold up the queue at the supermarket because they need to rummage around their purse for their debit card

Great, let us all just stand here like c*nts while you search for an item that you knew you were going to fucking need and one which you could have been searching for while you were waiting for the person in front of you to bag their groceries. You stupid frozen dinner buying gowl-bag

Fuck me that one makes me fume and the one that has started to make all the veins pop out on my head which is:

You go to the supermarket and you only have 3 or 4 items so you go to the self serve (naturally at least half of the tills aren't working) and there is always at least 1 (there were 2 yesterday with only 5 tills) who have decided that they shouldn't have to stand in a queue and go to a normal till and load their shopping like everyone else with a trolley as they are special and they will attempt to put through a trolley load of shopping through the self serve. The highlight of this for me is that they then act with astonishment at the fact that the machine (which was designed to take a couple of bags of shopping at the most) can't read their 14 different styles of bags for life that they are trying to cram all their shit into and keep having to call the one member of staff over because the machine can't read the weight of what they are putting in.

So what actually happens is that if you need the member of staff to verify one of your items you need to wait 10 minutes while they have to put each item through for the stupid c@nt who thinks they are special. When this happened yesterday I had my 2 kids with me so I tried to internalise my anger to the point where I started to foam at the side of my mouth and sweat because I just wanted to scream at them  :no :wanker :no :wanker
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10992 on: May 2, 2017, 06:21:36 pm »
It's not really a professional courtesy thing. it's just a matter of HR these days, sadly.

We advertised for a fairly normal role within our company 2 months ago; we got 1,328 applicants for it. As a result, some of the applications were absolutely insane (at both ends of the spectrum) - we had teenagers straight out of A-Level college, with no qualifications apply; we had Cambridge graduates with Masters degrees apply.

It's simply impossible to reply to every person - we'd have to have a department whose sole designation was literally ringing people up to say sorry, otherwise.

I've an invigilated test in the morning. Over 4000 people applied, and only 660 got through to this stage. Every one that replied got a response. (Having probably hundreds of staff in HR may account for that  :D)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10993 on: May 3, 2017, 04:10:48 pm »
That's one thing,  but not getting back to someone after they've had an interview is piss poor. Happened to me last year. I'm not holding out for it. :D

I did say after an interview, but also,  only four people were interviewed including me. I'm not holding out anymore myself, but I am tempted to give them a nudge maybe next year  ;D

If a department can't handle a call or even email to THREE people, it's piss poor management in some respect - either too few staff or too high workload.

A BCC: cut n paste email might be a bit crap, but I'd take it over literally nothing!

This is a major, multi national company btw. You probably see their brand logo every day.

Another post-interview one I had to follow up said it's not their policy to give feedback. Sound, I'll not take it personally then  ;)

Question for HR folk... Wtf happens to the copies you make when  you scan my ID and I don't get the job? Is there a drawer somewhere full of failed applicant's passport mugshots?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 3, 2017, 04:28:00 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10994 on: May 3, 2017, 05:06:06 pm »
WC's with sensor activated lights,the one's with no ceiling sensor near or over the cubicles & switch off far too quick..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10995 on: May 3, 2017, 05:31:20 pm »

It's one thing not responding to a large number of job applications but once someone is called for man interview it's rank bad manners not to let them know ASAP and give em some feedback.

I've chaired interview panels and would let applicants know the outcome within a couple of days. Things may have changed over the last couple of years and employers are reluctant to contact applications because some candidates have taken refusal badly and lodged complaints. HR departments are terrified of, well any form of human relations.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10996 on: May 3, 2017, 08:21:41 pm »
WC's with sensor activated lights,the one's with no ceiling sensor near or over the cubicles & switch off far too quick..

First time I experienced that was in Tenerife - suddenly sat in pitch black wondering WTF?

Said it before but I also hate the auto flush sensors that are positioned wrong, always get set off by my shoulders as I'm sat on the bog.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10997 on: May 3, 2017, 08:30:44 pm »
Well done sir. The problem is that the roads are full of stupid or senile or testosterone fuelled idiots who have no comprehension of how to drive or their responsibility to other road users.

The rules in the US are apparently different. Whoever is driving a car has the fucking right of way, no matter what the situation. Roundabouts, good fixing luck, close your eyes and hope for the best. Fuckers don't stop for anything

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10998 on: May 3, 2017, 08:35:35 pm »
First time I experienced that was in Tenerife - suddenly sat in pitch black wondering WTF?

Said it before but I also hate the auto flush sensors that are positioned wrong, always get set off by my shoulders as I'm sat on the bog.

;D

Yep..perfectly timed to give you the ultimatum..wait for someone to hopefully use the facilities,danger move as you may look like a wierdo to those who enter..wipe & go,take a skiddy risk..penguin venture to try activate the sensor,this comes with the added risk of a loose cannon into your solomons.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10999 on: May 3, 2017, 10:05:10 pm »

Always a good reason to have your phone in the bog with you. Had to do a technical operation by torchlight in the uni bogs, the timers don't allow sufficient time for any complications arising.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"