Author Topic: Liverpool Football Club will reveal plans for the new stadium  (Read 77895 times)

Offline Egg Shaped Fred

• Main Stander
Re: Liverpool Football Club will reveal plans for the new stadium
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2007, 10:07:44 pm »
New video available............

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156710070817-1409.htm

What was the tune at the end of the video, I'd like it for my car.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2007, 10:14:38 pm »
Im genuinely exited by the whole project

Looks proper boss lah  8)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2007, 10:05:41 pm »
How good does that look?!! i love more everytime I see it! impressed with hicks and Gillett aswel. they said up 20 000 in the kop too.  Does anyone know if that is the 60000 seat version or the expanded one? there looks to be lots of room for expansion in the pictures

That's the 60k capacity design, the priory rd stand ( opposite the kop ) currently only holds around 4k. That will be were most of the extra seats will go in, giving the stadium a more complete look, cos at the moment that stand looks well out of place.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2007, 10:30:43 pm »
That's the 60k capacity design, the priory rd stand ( opposite the kop ) currently only holds around 4k. That will be were most of the extra seats will go in, giving the stadium a more complete look, cos at the moment that stand looks well out of place.
That would make it almost as big as the kop coz (correct me if im wrong) i heard they are not gunna fill the corners?
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #604 on: August 18, 2007, 10:39:07 pm »
That would make it almost as big as the kop coz (correct me if im wrong) i heard they are not gunna fill the corners?

Yes it will be, but with 2 or 3 tiers.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:40:40 pm by Alloy »

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
  • What We Achieve in Life, Echoes in Eternity
    • The RUSH Band - Manchester Live Wedding and Corporate Band UK
« Reply #605 on: August 21, 2007, 03:04:25 pm »
Anyone get onto the strip halfway up the Kop - I'm assuming thats a glitch in the movie?
To book bands and live music visit
http://www.bandtube.co.uk

Equally if you need an amazing band for any Wedding or Event
The RUSH Band
http://www.therushband.co.uk
Listen - https://soundcloud.com/therushband

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #606 on: August 21, 2007, 03:13:42 pm »
Its not a glitch. It's corporate bunker suites... I'm not impressed. Furthermore they are putting a cafe on the roof of the Kop with a viewing platform. While I can maybe get over the Kop being used a tourist attraction I'm not at all pleased with corporate boxes in the middle of the Kop. I think that's enormously disrespectful. Hopefully such details as that can be ironed out before it gets built.
plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #607 on: August 21, 2007, 03:22:07 pm »
Its not a glitch. It's corporate bunker suites... I'm not impressed. Furthermore they are putting a cafe on the roof of the Kop with a viewing platform. While I can maybe get over the Kop being used a tourist attraction I'm not at all pleased with corporate boxes in the middle of the Kop. I think that's enormously disrespectful. Hopefully such details as that can be ironed out before it gets built.

As discussed on other threads, It appears not to be a row of corporate boxes!

Apparently it's a disabled viewing platform which is in fact at ground level! (check out the dark bits in the corners).
The glass behind is a wall to the concourse with views across the 'plaza' area. This obviously allows for views from ground level of the current Anfield site into the new stadium

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #608 on: August 21, 2007, 03:33:12 pm »

Apparently it's a disabled viewing platform which is in fact at ground level! (check out the dark bits in the corners).

And is a legal requirement, also it may have run the full width of the kop ( as in the previous design ) so the club should be applauded for trying to keep everyone happy.

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #609 on: August 21, 2007, 03:34:33 pm »
From my understanding of the actual planning application and the way this article in the daily post is worded there will be '1000' corporate seats in the new Kop (I hope its just badly written). I'm just assuming as it says 17,800 seats and 1000 thousand corporate seats that means the capacity of the Kop will be 18,800 which is in line with the capacity being quoted constantly (too few IMO). See line highlighted in bold in the article below... Of course I hope I'm wrong but thats my impression... If you look at the plans you can see a white gap along the middle of the Kop and the East stand which i'm presuming is for the suites as they appear to be centered in the middle of the stands which seems to be customary in most stadiums throughout the world. If anyone would be so kind to point out that I'm wrong I'd be really relieved...

Regarding the extra capacity I just imagained they would build the stands with excess space in the upper tiers of all of them to fit the extra seats. Therefore should they receive planning all they would have to do is fill in the empty spaces with seats meaning the overall structure of the stadium doesn't have to change, the work could be easily carried out and there would be little our no distruption. I don't see the point in their being a stand opposite the kop, comparable in size, or heaven forbid...even bigger...

LIVERPOOL FC’s new Anfield stadium will have a “skywalk” at the top of the Kop offering views across the city to Wales, the Daily Post can reveal.

It also emerged last night that it is likely to be one of the greenest in the Premiership when built as the club aims to make it “carbon neutral” and hopes to instal a wind turbine in future.

The new details were revealed after the 23 documents for the new 60,000-seater stadium were made available to the public for viewing at Liverpool city council.

The plans also show that the new £300m stadium would be capable of being classed as 5* by UEFA, making it capable of staging international games and club finals.
An architects drawing of the seatin arrangement inside the new Anfield

Although the application does not discuss where the additional 16,000 seats the club may include in future will be situated, it seems clear from the plans they would go in the north stand as it would currently only have 4,200 seats in 28 rows.

The west stand will have 12,000 seats over three tiers with a total of 97 rows. The east stand will have 25,000 seats in two tiers with a total of 108 rows.

The Kop will have a 17,800 capacity over 95 rows, and there will be 1,000 seats in suites.

According to the plans: “The Skywalk/terrace comprises a dedicated route by stair and lift to the top of the Kop stand where the public may enjoy a restaurant, cafe and bar that is unique in its setting; extending onto a large open terrace with views north and south into the bowl and pitch, across the city north to the counties beyond and south over the Mersey to Wales.”

It would be open every day apart from match days, and the south-east and south-west corners of the stadium will remain open during park opening hours, except on match days.
Inside new Anfield

“This provides the opportunity for the public to wander into these parts of the building, to visit the shop and museum or simply glimpse views down onto the pitch,” states the documents.

“Within the southern (Kop) end of the stadium, will be a museum facility charting this club in the context of developments within English and European football.”

The ground will also have a rainwater retention system with subterranean tanks “which collect all roof water and rain water from the concourse for re-use”.

The system will serve watering of the pitch, vegetation on the building’s perimeter, flushing toilets and urinals, and general cleaning functions.

It is the club’s “intention to explore opportunities to supplement the development proposals with a future related application for a wind turbine to serve the development.

“That turbine will make both the stadium and park self-sufficient in energy.

“The intention is to install a number of ‘living walls’ along the base of the northern facade of the stadium. These walls, a direct substitute for any cladding material, will be irrigated by recycled water from the stadium roof and consist of a number of hardy pre-dominantly native shrubs and perennial plants.”

davidbartlett
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2007/08/09/turbine-and-skywalk-plan-for-new-anfield-stadium-64375-19597959/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:48:51 pm by My name is Emlyn »

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #610 on: August 21, 2007, 03:55:24 pm »
I see were your'e coming from, the way the article is worded it does sound like the kop will include 1,000 corporate seats, but if that was the case how many would the ground in total hold ?

That strip in the kop is for disabled viewing, and as someone pointed out, they are there as they lead directly to the street level exit.

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #611 on: August 21, 2007, 04:05:34 pm »
I see were your'e coming from, the way the article is worded it does sound like the kop will include 1,000 corporate seats, but if that was the case how many would the ground in total hold ?

That strip in the kop is for disabled viewing, and as someone pointed out, they are there as they lead directly to the street level exit.

Well if you add up the numbers in the article you get 60,000 broken down as follows:
East Stand 25,000
West Stand 12,000 seats (which is strange because it seems of a similar size to the east stand unless the extra seats will be added there as I mentioned in my earlier post)
Kop 17,800
North Stand 4,200
plus 1000 corporate seats
making a total of 60,000...

As the we are constantly being told by Parry, Gillette and Hicks, the Kop will hold around 19,000 so I'm presuming the corporate seats are there based on the plans I posted earlier.

While I know there must be disabled viewing spaces somewhere at street level I just don't think it would look like it does in the video which seems to have something looking like corporate boxes along that line. Especially when you look at the drawing and plans submitted.
I hope I'm wrong...

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #612 on: August 23, 2007, 08:36:45 pm »
From my understanding of the actual planning application and the way this article in the daily post is worded there will be '1000' corporate seats in the new Kop (I hope its just badly written).
Although the application does not discuss where the additional 16,000 seats the club may include in future will be situated, it seems clear from the plans they would go in the north stand as it would currently only have 4,200 seats in 28 rows.

The west stand will have 12,000 seats over three tiers with a total of 97 rows. The east stand will have 25,000 seats in two tiers with a total of 108 rows.

The Kop will have a 17,800 capacity over 95 rows, and there will be 1,000 seats in suites.

It is! Those sentences about each stand should all have been separate. Instead they have linked the last two, making it sound like the Kop will have boxes/corporate seats in it. It won't - I checked with one of the designers that was at Anfield on Friday.

In the whole ground (i.e. in the East & West Stands there will be executive boxes, 100 of them - which would be right as most seat 10 for a game - on two levels. That is all. There will also be bunker suites down in level 2.

I will try and take some more cross-section pics next week if I get chance to have another look at the plans, but for now I am satisfied with the enquiries I have made that there won't be any corporate seats in the Kop, just the disabled area half-way up which is level with entrances outside.
We are a team of one half.

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #613 on: August 24, 2007, 09:42:09 am »
It is! Those sentences about each stand should all have been separate. Instead they have linked the last two, making it sound like the Kop will have boxes/corporate seats in it. It won't - I checked with one of the designers that was at Anfield on Friday.

In the whole ground (i.e. in the East & West Stands there will be executive boxes, 100 of them - which would be right as most seat 10 for a game - on two levels. That is all. There will also be bunker suites down in level 2.

I will try and take some more cross-section pics next week if I get chance to have another look at the plans, but for now I am satisfied with the enquiries I have made that there won't be any corporate seats in the Kop, just the disabled area half-way up which is level with entrances outside.

Great news. Thanks for that.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #614 on: August 30, 2007, 10:31:50 pm »
From my understanding of the actual planning application and the way this article in the daily post is worded there will be '1000' corporate seats in the new Kop (I hope its just badly written). I'm just assuming as it says 17,800 seats and 1000 thousand corporate seats that means the capacity of the Kop will be 18,800 which is in line with the capacity being quoted constantly (too few IMO). See line highlighted in bold in the article below... Of course I hope I'm wrong but thats my impression... If you look at the plans you can see a white gap along the middle of the Kop and the East stand which i'm presuming is for the suites as they appear to be centered in the middle of the stands which seems to be customary in most stadiums throughout the world. If anyone would be so kind to point out that I'm wrong I'd be really relieved...

Regarding the extra capacity I just imagained they would build the stands with excess space in the upper tiers of all of them to fit the extra seats. Therefore should they receive planning all they would have to do is fill in the empty spaces with seats meaning the overall structure of the stadium doesn't have to change, the work could be easily carried out and there would be little our no distruption. I don't see the point in their being a stand opposite the kop, comparable in size, or heaven forbid...even bigger...

LIVERPOOL FC’s new Anfield stadium will have a “skywalk” at the top of the Kop offering views across the city to Wales, the Daily Post can reveal.

It also emerged last night that it is likely to be one of the greenest in the Premiership when built as the club aims to make it “carbon neutral” and hopes to instal a wind turbine in future.

The new details were revealed after the 23 documents for the new 60,000-seater stadium were made available to the public for viewing at Liverpool city council.

The plans also show that the new £300m stadium would be capable of being classed as 5* by UEFA, making it capable of staging international games and club finals.
An architects drawing of the seatin arrangement inside the new Anfield

According to the plans: “The Skywalk/terrace comprises a dedicated route by stair and lift to the top of the Kop stand where the public may enjoy a restaurant, cafe and bar that is unique in its setting; extending onto a large open terrace with views north and south into the bowl and pitch, across the city north to the counties beyond and south over the Mersey to Wales.”

It would be open every day apart from match days, and the south-east and south-west corners of the stadium will remain open during park opening hours, except on match days.
Inside new Anfield

“This provides the opportunity for the public to wander into these parts of the building, to visit the shop and museum or simply glimpse views down onto the pitch,” states the documents.

“Within the southern (Kop) end of the stadium, will be a museum facility charting this club in the context of developments within English and European football.”

The ground will also have a rainwater retention system with subterranean tanks “which collect all roof water and rain water from the concourse for re-use”.

The system will serve watering of the pitch, vegetation on the building’s perimeter, flushing toilets and urinals, and general cleaning functions.

It is the club’s “intention to explore opportunities to supplement the development proposals with a future related application for a wind turbine to serve the development.

“That turbine will make both the stadium and park self-sufficient in energy.

“The intention is to install a number of ‘living walls’ along the base of the northern facade of the stadium. These walls, a direct substitute for any cladding material, will be irrigated by recycled water from the stadium roof and consist of a number of hardy pre-dominantly native shrubs and perennial plants.”

davidbartlett
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2007/08/09/turbine-and-skywalk-plan-for-new-anfield-stadium-64375-19597959/

yey carbon neutral champions....
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline melb.kop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #615 on: August 31, 2007, 04:03:07 am »
Their also re-creating the kop stand on a larger scale which is going to be crazy got to get their one day

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #616 on: August 31, 2007, 09:06:03 am »

I suppose the club are pleased with the 'living stands' they installed in the Main stand and Kemlyn road and are looking to continue the theme. Must say the effect is quite convincing, sometimes the plants and shrubs look so lifelike you'd swear they were people. Extremely quiet and sedentary people obviously.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2007, 09:16:13 am »
I suppose the club are pleased with the 'living stands' they installed in the Main stand and Kemlyn road and are looking to continue the theme. Must say the effect is quite convincing, sometimes the plants and shrubs look so lifelike you'd swear they were people. Extremely quiet and sedentary people obviously.

;D They also have an extremely sound muffling ability to prevent noise pollution
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #618 on: September 5, 2007, 10:09:40 pm »
Hilarious:))

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #619 on: September 11, 2007, 12:06:06 pm »
I guess this is good news and a good sign the new stadium will get the go ahead.

Stanley Park set for £25m revamp

Sep 11 2007 by Nick Coligan, Liverpool Echo

NEGLECTED and vandalised buildings in Liverpool’s Stanley Park are finally to be restored.

A long-awaited council proposal to bring the historic structures back to their former glory is expected to get the go-ahead within days.

It is connected to Liverpool FC’s £300m plan to build a 60,000-seater stadium in part of the park, which is awaiting approval from councillors and the government.

Council officials insisted on the refurbishment of the grade II-listed green space’s rundown buildings, so the community would gain something in return for the loss of a section of the park to the stadium.

Now the project, which was first proposed several years ago, is due to be backed by councillors next week.

It would see the £25m restoration of:

* The Isla Gladstone conservatory, built in 1899 to house exotic plants but derelict since the 1980s.

* The bandstand next to the conservatory, including a new roof.

* The red sandstone east, west and central pavilions, with replacement roofing and repairs to stone walls.

* The boathouse plinth, once home to a Victorian boathouse but now earmarked for a viewing platform.

* Five bridges, including the stone structure running between the two existing lakes in the north-west corner of Stanley Park.

The work is understood to cost about £25m and will be paid for by a European grant and money from the government’s neighbourhood renewal fund.

City planners say the work at Stanley Park, designed by Edward Kemp, the creator of Sefton and Birkenhead parks, should be approved.

Communities secretary Hazel Blears will have the final say, if she decides the plan requires further scrutiny.

Anfield councillor Andrew Tremarco said: “This is a fantastic scheme and it will turn Stanley Park into the jewel in the crown of north Liverpool again.

“Because of funding deadlines, this work must be completed by December next year, so the park will be restored long before the stadium is finished.”

The Friends of Stanley Park have raised concerns about parts of the scheme, such as the decision not to rebuild the boathouse and some restoration details.

But council officials believe the proposal is appropriate and will improve the park’s character and setting.

After submitting redrawn stadium plans, Liverpool FC hope to start work on the stadium by the end of the year, opening in time for the 2010 season.

Working glasshouse

THE Isla Gladstone conservatory will become north Liverpool’s equivalent of the Sefton Park palm house if restorations plans are approved.

The Grade II-listed structure, made of cast iron and glass, was built in 1899, designed by McKenzie and Moncur as a plainer version of the Sefton Park structure.

It was created as a working glasshouse to grow exotic plants and was last used as a pub and restaurant in the 1980s.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/09/11/stanley-park-set-for-25m-revamp-100252-19770054/
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #620 on: September 11, 2007, 10:14:45 pm »
Anybody know any accurate figures for the amount of exec boxes in the ground?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #621 on: September 12, 2007, 01:47:01 pm »
100 they said at the LFC exhibition - 100 x 10 seats each

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #622 on: September 13, 2007, 03:24:04 pm »
thanks. Would have thought they would have fit more in with these bunker suites to go with the ordinary ones, if im not mistaken Arsenal's ground got around 150.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #623 on: September 13, 2007, 03:44:05 pm »
thanks. Would have thought they would have fit more in with these bunker suites to go with the ordinary ones, if im not mistaken Arsenal's ground got around 150.

Arsenal has got london as well.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #624 on: September 13, 2007, 03:47:28 pm »
I know but i just thought the idea of the bunker suites was to increase the number of exec boxes, surely they could have fit 100 in without needing the bunker suites.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #625 on: September 13, 2007, 03:57:30 pm »
looking at some of the plans there appear to be 12 Bunker suites for the West stand, with no direct view onto the pitch. I guess they are just private rooms for hosting about 6-8 people pre and post match. The guests for these then just have regular seats together in the middle tier somewhere, but priced a lot higher than the rest of the ground.

That's my take on these bunkers anyway...

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #626 on: September 13, 2007, 05:50:53 pm »
That was what they said when I asked at the exhibition! :wellin

Does seem a bit odd. Apparently they are dead popular "State-side" but haven't really caught on over here yet.

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #627 on: September 13, 2007, 06:31:48 pm »
my understanding of the so called bunker suite,they are just like a private room in the stand with direct access to your seats.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: September 13, 2007, 06:38:03 pm »
How close are the fans going to be to the pitch? One thing I truly resent in new stadiums is the stand starting so far away from the goal.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #629 on: September 13, 2007, 06:44:41 pm »
my understanding of the so called bunker suite,they are just like a private room in the stand with direct access to your seats.
Isn't that what corbyRed said? They are separate rooms and are below pitch level, by definition. There's direct access via a lift if that's what you mean. And direct access outside so they can drive in under the stands, park and go into the suites.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #630 on: September 14, 2007, 08:35:41 am »
How close are the fans going to be to the pitch? One thing I truly resent in new stadiums is the stand starting so far away from the goal.

Not as close as most people would like thats for sure. Looks to be nearly 10 yards from front row to touchline all around the ground if the plans are to scale. Apparently some Uefa rule just for the sake of having another rule.

Offline Durango

• Can see into the future...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: September 14, 2007, 07:26:07 pm »
Not as close as most people would like thats for sure. Looks to be nearly 10 yards from front row to touchline all around the ground if the plans are to scale. Apparently some Uefa rule just for the sake of having another rule.
No more than 8 metres!

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: November 30, 2007, 03:04:04 pm »
the way the Kop  is designed,looks to me like the volume of noise will get thrown right back onto the pitch.This is giving me goose bumps.I for one would not like to be a visiting fan looking at the kop in full voice.If i was i would be so envious for not being a RED.

Offline Rock-N-Red

• Main Stander
  • 96 Never Forgotten
« Reply #633 on: February 2, 2008, 01:28:36 pm »
The more I look at the proposed new stadium the more concerned I become about the design. Putting to one side it’s relative architectural merits for one moment and its association with Hicks. One of my biggest concerns is what it would be like to play football in.

The latest design has quite a small opening in the roof. This would mean that the stadium would be quite dark inside and on sunny days the shadow across the pitch would be horrendous. I remember being appalled when I saw the first match at the new Wembley. The bright sun cast a really bad shadow that clearly caused problems for the players. The latest design for the new Liverpool stadium would be far worse.

Lately it seems that I never stop hearing about problems with growing grass in certain stadiums due to poor light. The new Wembley is a prime example. its pitch has been a disgrace from day one and it isn’t even subject to ware and tear on a regular basis!

In the USA, because of the enclosed nature of many stadiums there, it is quite common to use astro turf, which isn’t allowed for premiership football, or for whole pitches to be wheeled out into the car park between matches to allow the grass to grow. A movable pitch wouldn’t be possible at the Stanley Park site due to lack of space - and of course the additional cost involved would add to what is already a financial nightmare.

I really wonder whether the American architects have thought through the impact their design would have on the playability of the pitch and on its maintenance. I doubt that they have had much experience of designing football stadiums before - they are from the USA after all. I am sure that matters that would be second nature to European architects, regarding the needs of football, wouldn’t even occur to designers from the USA. Surely Liverpool deserve something better than this. After all a home stadium is supposed to provide some form of playing advantage not disadvantage!

Offline RedPross

• Main Stander
« Reply #634 on: February 2, 2008, 08:03:12 pm »
Mate that is why we have large gaps on either side of the Kop. This is to allow natural light into the ground. also I with the away end as well it allows air flow through the ground.

As for being dark inside the ground I like thatidea, never really sure why stadiums have glazed roofs....you don't need to look up at the sky!!!

But I understand the designers have taken into account the movement of the sun and thats why the gaps are not filled.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #635 on: February 2, 2008, 08:45:20 pm »
The more I look at the proposed new stadium the more concerned I become about the design. Putting to one side it’s relative architectural merits for one moment and its association with Hicks. One of my biggest concerns is what it would be like to play football in.

The latest design has quite a small opening in the roof. This would mean that the stadium would be quite dark inside and on sunny days the shadow across the pitch would be horrendous. I remember being appalled when I saw the first match at the new Wembley. The bright sun cast a really bad shadow that clearly caused problems for the players. The latest design for the new Liverpool stadium would be far worse.

Lately it seems that I never stop hearing about problems with growing grass in certain stadiums due to poor light. The new Wembley is a prime example. its pitch has been a disgrace from day one and it isn’t even subject to ware and tear on a regular basis!

In the USA, because of the enclosed nature of many stadiums there, it is quite common to use astro turf, which isn’t allowed for Premier League football, or for whole pitches to be wheeled out into the car park between matches to allow the grass to grow. A movable pitch wouldn’t be possible at the Stanley Park site due to lack of space - and of course the additional cost involved would add to what is already a financial nightmare.

I really wonder whether the American architects have thought through the impact their design would have on the playability of the pitch and on its maintenance. I doubt that they have had much experience of designing football stadiums before - they are from the USA after all. I am sure that matters that would be second nature to European architects, regarding the needs of football, wouldn’t even occur to designers from the USA. Surely Liverpool deserve something better than this. After all a home stadium is supposed to provide some form of playing advantage not disadvantage!

New stadiums use a blend of grass and artificial grass. They also use massive lighting rigs to simulate the sun.

Look here...
http://www.liberty-stadium.com/liberty_stadium_intro_pitch.php
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #636 on: February 2, 2008, 08:46:26 pm »
The Liberty Stadium is also home to the Ospreys and the pitch has coped fantastically well with football and rugby.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #637 on: February 2, 2008, 08:47:45 pm »
Mate that is why we have large gaps on either side of the Kop. This is to allow natural light into the ground. also I with the away end as well it allows air flow through the ground.

As for being dark inside the ground I like thatidea, never really sure why stadiums have glazed roofs....you don't need to look up at the sky!!!

But I understand the designers have taken into account the movement of the sun and thats why the gaps are not filled.

yeah.

I'm with you to be honest. I like the fact the stadium looks dark(ish) inside, I like its rectangle shape even if that does mean some sightlines are not as good as they would be in a bowl, I like the steep stands, I like the fact that it doesn't have a bloody see through platic roof or any of that rubbish. This is what we all asked for over the years. The Kop's corners do not blend into the side stands on the current Kop, infact the new Kop's join more than the current kop does. Looks good to me. The away end is also superb looking, that is better than 95% of the Home ends around europe.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #638 on: February 3, 2008, 11:51:07 pm »
New stadiums use a blend of grass and artificial grass. They also use massive lighting rigs to simulate the sun.

Look here...
http://www.liberty-stadium.com/liberty_stadium_intro_pitch.php

Anfield now already uses these lighting rigs and also uses a mix of grass and artificial turf- hence the bowling green we have compared to Old Trafford that doesn't use the same type of turf.
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: February 4, 2008, 12:01:29 pm »
The original design had much more glass in the roof  particularly over the away end. With the smaller panels in the corners also letting less light through we're looking at a much darker building inside methinks.