Author Topic: Cork - whats it like  (Read 6796 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Cork - whats it like
« Reply #40 on: September 6, 2007, 08:33:19 pm »
My younger brother married a Cork girl and has lived there for the last 20 years.  I've been over there quite a few times to visit and found it to be a lovely place with real down to Earth people.

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #41 on: September 6, 2007, 08:53:01 pm »
Had real difficulty on a stag do, a few months back, trying to get into pubs/clubs in the centre due to our non-local accent!!  3 of us decided to go clubbing & got knocked back by every doorman who all admitted it was because we weren't local lads...!!  They even knocked back the Shamrock Rovers fans we'd met earlier (for the same reason)!   ???

However, on the Saturday, we found a bar called Waxy's that welcomed all 20 of us for an all dayer & nighter........and come the evening the bar was full to the rafters of pretty Irish girls  ;)
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #42 on: September 6, 2007, 09:27:27 pm »
Dry but chewy.

Offline AndyP

• Gave his away for an ale.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 6, 2007, 09:51:59 pm »
They even knocked back the Shamrock Rovers fans we'd met earlier (for the same reason)!   ???

Let me assure you, it wasn't because of their accents.

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #44 on: September 6, 2007, 10:10:48 pm »
Let me assure you, it wasn't because of their accents.

;D

They were a good bunch of lads to be fair!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #45 on: September 7, 2007, 05:19:15 pm »
My younger brother married a Cork girl and has lived there for the last 20 years.  I've been over there quite a few times to visit and found it to be a lovely place with real down to Earth people.

By "Down to Earth" do you mean "Crawling out of the swamp?"
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 7, 2007, 06:40:29 pm »
I am sure you are long gone but just in case there is a nice selection of pubs in here

http://www.whazon.com/cork/pubs.php

No expert as barely hit the city pubs any more when I visit (all the friends are married or as good as) but I think the gang hit Rob Roy last time we were there and it was a nice spot. If its not your cup of tea then there is always another spot within staggering distance.

Sightseeing wise...give it a skip as there is not a whole pile to do. Shyte just walk down St Patricks Street, Merchants Quay, back around the South Mall and St Olivers Street and you have seen the "city". If you feel energetic and have a car then run down to Crosshaven or Kinsale for a pint or two although it gets pricey. Skip Cobh as its not worth it. If you really want a wee adventure then take the Bando Rd (drive right through bandon) and visit Clonakilty, Skibereen, Gollen and Co. Some great wee coastal roads down there.

If you have a chance take a shyte in Dublin...it has the best bogs in the country as it needs them.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 7, 2007, 06:42:41 pm »
About seven and a half inch long, pink, purpley-bluish knobby bit at the end.

Oh CoRk, sorry.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #48 on: September 7, 2007, 07:31:23 pm »
However, on the Saturday, we found a bar called Waxy's that welcomed all 20 of us for an all dayer & nighter........and come the evening the bar was full to the rafters of pretty Irish girls  ;)

Finally, the goods arrive. :D
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #49 on: September 7, 2007, 07:57:45 pm »
About seven and a half inch long, pink, purpley-bluish knobby bit at the end.

Oh CoRk, sorry.

Little dick.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cork
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2017, 04:21:21 pm »
Billy says the women are amazing. So wear sunglasses. That way the missus won't see you looking
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Re: Cork
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2017, 05:22:56 pm »
:lmao
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2017, 12:27:37 am »
I'm in Cork today because of work. I'm not the biggest fan of it to be honest.  Galway and Dublin are both much better.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 11:23:36 pm »
Billy says the women are amazing. So wear sunglasses. That way the missus won't see you looking

Preferably the Tom Cruise - Top Gun - style Raybans. That way you can't be caught out ogling the talent 

I do it all the time. Pretending I'm looking dead ahead, but my eyes are cocked straight at the beaurs walking by me

I'm in Cork today because of work. I'm not the biggest fan of it to be honest.  Galway and Dublin are both much better.

Cheerio so, langer!

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 11:26:55 pm »
Spot on

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2023, 09:36:08 pm »
Going in September with the boys for a final weekend before my baby arrives. Any suggestions please?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2023, 11:09:22 pm »
Head to Galway or Dublin by the look of it.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2023, 08:30:07 am »
Going in September with the boys for a final weekend before my baby arrives. Any suggestions please?

Next time, wear a condom!
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2023, 09:35:52 am »
I went earlier this year. Not loads to do during the day - a bit towny if I'm honest (no offence to anyone from there).

We did a good coastal walk over by Ballycotton which I enjoyed. Evening was also decent - plenty of music on in the pubs.