Author Topic: The Thick of It  (Read 68465 times)

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Re: The Thick of It
« Reply #480 on: July 25, 2015, 03:28:59 pm »
Haha, brilliant.

Just remembered the time Tucker got Ben to stand in the corner with a keyboard "here, play with that! ;D

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #481 on: July 25, 2015, 04:20:36 pm »
"That's an extremely homophobic headline, you massive poof"
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: July 25, 2015, 07:35:50 pm »
Malcolm: Right, hi Geoff, don't stand. No no, I mean don't stand against Tom. Now you see what I did there? I was both being funny and also deadly seroius.
Geoff: Now where did you hear that, Malcolm?
Malcolm Tucker: Never mind where I heard that. The thing is Geoff, you're gonna waste everybody's time...
Geoff: I'm not standing, Malcolm, I'm just trying to start a debate. You know, a policy debate, on the future direction of the party.
Malcolm: ...because, first, you've got no credentials. You're so back-bench, you've actually fucking fallen off. You're out by the fucking bins where I put you. Secondly, I'm gonna tell the Mirror about all the drinking, and thirdly, I'm gonna tell the Mail about the affair and fourthly, you've got a tiny head.
Geoff: No I haven't!
Malcolm: Yes you have, it's out of proportion, everybody mentions it. Now, you see, you're shaking it and I can hardly see it move. Are you shaking it now? I can't tell!.
Geoff: I'm not standing, ok! My head is the right size!
Malcolm: It is very petite. So you're not standing? You will not stand against Tom?
Geoff: I said, I bloody said!
Malcolm Tucker: OK. Thank you Geoff, let's have lunch sometime, yeah? We'll have a tête-à-tiny-tête.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #483 on: August 10, 2020, 02:52:28 pm »
Rewatching this on iPlayer to remind myself of happier times and just watched one of my favourite scenes:

Malcolm Tucker : It's time for you to step up Ollie. What's that film that you love?

Oliver Reeder : What film?

Malcolm Tucker : The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking Lego.

Oliver Reeder : Star Wars?

Malcolm Tucker : That's the one, right. It's like that, okay? Where you fucking kill all the bad guys, and you'll be able to blow up the big...

Oliver Reeder : Death Star.

Malcolm Tucker : The Death Star thing. Then you can go and live happily ever after on the planet of the teddy bears.

Oliver Reeder : They're Ewoks, they're Ewoks. It's a fantastic analogy, well done.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: August 10, 2020, 09:09:12 pm »
That was a fantastic scene.

“His father is a robot and he has fucked his sister ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #485 on: August 10, 2020, 09:19:57 pm »
That was a fantastic scene.

“His father is a robot and he has fucked his sister ;D

I'm down as fuck the night, but had to laugh at "he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego!"  ;D :D

Offline Bcnsean

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #486 on: August 15, 2020, 12:01:45 pm »
Haha, brilliant.

Just remembered the time Tucker got Ben to stand in the corner with a keyboard "here, play with that! ;D
Brilliant

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2023, 06:35:19 pm »
Can anyone here tell me if the Complete Collection one (in the red suitcase box) is ALL of the eps including the specials?

So many different DVDs of it.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2023, 09:03:48 pm »
Can anyone here tell me if the Complete Collection one (in the red suitcase box) is ALL of the eps including the specials?

So many different DVDs of it.

Don't know if anyone answered this and I had a look but couldn't figure it out but the whole series is now on BBC iPlayer.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.