Author Topic: Futurama to Return  (Read 6548 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Futurama to Return
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2022, 08:58:39 am »
Fucking hell I did NOT realise they'd done a load more! Think the last one I saw was the one with the robot devil swapping his hands with Fry. Just looking now and there's a 70 odd episodes after that  :o
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2022, 09:33:09 am »
Fucking hell I did NOT realise they'd done a load more! Think the last one I saw was the one with the robot devil swapping his hands with Fry. Just looking now and there's a 70 odd episodes after that  :o

Yeah I only recently realised this and had started watching them all through from the start on Prime but just discovered Prime no longer have it fo free with the subscription, and I never made it to any of the newer ones I haven't seen before.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2022, 09:54:05 am »
Yeah I only recently realised this and had started watching them all through from the start on Prime but just discovered Prime no longer have it fo free with the subscription, and I never made it to any of the newer ones I haven't seen before.

they are all on Disney plus, if you have access.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2022, 10:14:39 am »
they are all on Disney plus, if you have access.

Nope, but might cancel Prime and sign up to Disney+ for a bit.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2022, 11:24:00 am »
Nope, but might cancel Prime and sign up to Disney+ for a bit.

I hate all the different things there are to sign up to....but Disney+ is fucking great. Every Simpsons, every Family Guy, every Futurama, all your Marvel stuff, all your Pixar stuff, all your Star Wars stuff, all the Disney classics and then you've got Star which has got the Walking Dead and a shitload of films too (all the Die Hards, Xmen films, Logan, Aliens etc)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2022, 01:52:42 pm »
No John DiMaggio though, and it's a fair bet some of the Disenchanted writers end up on the project - this already feels cursed. It also feels like a show that overstayed its welcome last time but pulled it back right at the end.

I feel like the seasons after the four films they made were extremely hit and miss. They seemed at times to try to lean heavily into the popularity of adult-oriented cartoons even where it didn't feel necessary or make much sense, whereas at others they nailed that brilliant mix of emotion and humour that was a mainstay of the first 4 series (and the Simpsons' golden years).

Lethal Inspection, The Late Philip J. Fry, The Tip of the Zoidberg, Ghost in the Machines, Game of Tones, Meanwhile and Overclockwise are all great and as good as any of the early episodes.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2022, 03:22:58 pm »
Is Disenchanted worth a watch?

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2022, 03:25:28 pm »
I feel like the seasons after the four films they made were extremely hit and miss. They seemed at times to try to lean heavily into the popularity of adult-oriented cartoons even where it didn't feel necessary or make much sense, whereas at others they nailed that brilliant mix of emotion and humour that was a mainstay of the first 4 series (and the Simpsons' golden years).

Lethal Inspection, The Late Philip J. Fry, The Tip of the Zoidberg, Ghost in the Machines, Game of Tones, Meanwhile and Overclockwise are all great and as good as any of the early episodes.
Maybe. But Futurama was never as funny as golden era Simpsons even at its peak, and as the show's plots got zanier the characterisation suffered to some extent. It ended really well but I don't think anyone can argue it was still a relevant show at the end compared to when it originally ran on FOX.

No, in my opinion. Good concept but the characters were generally unlikeable and it never really got off the ground for me.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2022, 03:42:55 pm »

There are a lot better things to watch these days to be honest. It's not the best.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2022, 04:05:18 pm »

It's not your typical Matt Groening show I would say. So, you should give it a go and see if you get into it. It's slower paced both in terms of how the story is told and in terms of jokes. Simpsons and Futurama are going at about a million miles an hour in both departments in comparision. In Disenchantment there's an overarching story that gets continued from episode to episode (and from season to season). I was kind of like Sheer Magnetism described in their post when I started watching it, but over time the characters grew on me and I still like the series. It doesn't have constant jokes or funny bits, but then ones that are in there really make me laugh out loud from time to time...

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2022, 04:13:24 pm »
The first 4 seasons of Futurama were gold in my opinion. I think it also ended pretty perfectly so whilst I saw the films, which were okay, I've never gone on to watch the subsequent series they've produced.

It wasn't massively alike with The Simpsons, but it had a lot of heart and some classic episodes up there with some of the top Simpsons' stuff as one offs.

Zapp Brannigan is also massively quotable and his C-O-L-A is brilliant.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2022, 05:07:19 pm »
The first 4 seasons of Futurama were gold in my opinion. I think it also ended pretty perfectly so whilst I saw the films, which were okay, I've never gone on to watch the subsequent series they've produced.

It wasn't massively alike with The Simpsons, but it had a lot of heart and some classic episodes up there with some of the top Simpsons' stuff as one offs.

Zapp Brannigan is also massively quotable and his C-O-L-A is brilliant.

I'd recommend watching the episodes in my post above, as I say I reckon they're of equivalent quality. But not all of it.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2022, 05:47:41 pm »
I hate all the different things there are to sign up to....but Disney+ is fucking great. Every Simpsons, every Family Guy, every Futurama, all your Marvel stuff, all your Pixar stuff, all your Star Wars stuff, all the Disney classics and then you've got Star which has got the Walking Dead and a shitload of films too (all the Die Hards, Xmen films, Logan, Aliens etc)

I'm not really a Pixar, Star Wars or Marvel fan so have never seen much value in Disney+ but I've never gone to the trouble of seeing what else is on there. I also don't really like The Simpsons or Family Guy...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2022, 05:50:23 pm »
I'm not really a Pixar, Star Wars or Marvel fan so have never seen much value in Disney+ but I've never gone to the trouble of seeing what else is on there. I also don't really like The Simpsons or Family Guy...

I recommend it then mate.

;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2022, 05:55:31 pm »
I recommend it then mate.

;D

;D

Basically I think I would be signing up just for Futurama.

If I can be bothered I think I will just sail the seas instead....

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2022, 10:58:52 pm »
I'd recommend watching the episodes in my post above, as I say I reckon they're of equivalent quality. But not all of it.

IMO the 4 films were the worst contributions to the series. Then it bounced back a bit with the last seasons, some of which (like the ones you noted), were superb - reminiscent of golden age Simpsons and Futurama.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2023, 02:26:03 pm »

Beer arrived in my monthly box today  ;D

Party on, contest winners.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2023, 10:51:56 am »
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/futurama-revival-hulu-premiere-date-1235616847/

It's back again ;D

I'm going to watch it, because i loved it back in the day, but i'm not sure how i feel it.......when they finished the last series, it seemed like the perfect ending.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2023, 11:14:07 am »
I'm going to watch it, because i loved it back in the day, but i'm not sure how i feel it.......when they finished the last series, it seemed like the perfect ending.

Agreed. Was also my first thought that they had the perfect ending for the whole series in the last season they did and I don't really see the need to resurrect it. Will still watch the new episodes and might also re-watch the old ones to a certain extent, if I have time and can be arsed... ;)

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2023, 02:34:23 pm »
Rewatched the entire series on Disney plus last year, so worth it. The return series from about ten years ago is strong considering how much time had passed since the original series. The films they done in the middle are okay, which for me surprised me when I saw that the newer episodes were of a quite decent quality. The original run is golden.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2023, 09:58:42 pm »
We have a trailer, people

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aWmtcYvhj68&amp;ab_channel=Hulu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aWmtcYvhj68&amp;ab_channel=Hulu</a>

They should have done this with the Simpsons to be honest. Given it a rest, then brought it back.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2023, 12:46:22 am »
"First" episode is available

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2023, 11:01:10 am »
"First" episode is available

Has to be said pretty much picks up where it left off. 

You would never know its been 10 years since the last new episode!!

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2023, 03:00:08 pm »
Ten years? Fucking hell, we're old...  :o :(

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2023, 05:50:56 pm »
Pretty good episode! Not as good as the heights but doesn't feel ten years worse

A bit of meta humour too

Voices sound spot on

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2023, 06:45:47 am »
It was super fucking meta and hilariously self aware.

Obviously needs more Bender being Bender scenes ;D ;D ;D

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2023, 01:54:24 pm »
The fact you have all the original voice actors too, makes all the difference - feels right!!

A bit more Zapp Brannigan wouldn't go amiss either

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2023, 08:51:17 pm »
It's alright. Feels a bit too self-referential without earning it via narrative, like the original did so well.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2023, 12:18:34 am »
I think it's level so far feels on a par what it was when it came back over ten years ago, pretty respectable if not as strong as the original run. Much better than new Simpsons obviously.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2023, 04:03:30 pm »
I think it's level so far feels on a par what it was when it came back over ten years ago, pretty respectable if not as strong as the original run. Much better than new Simpsons obviously.

A few of the voices aren't quite right, Mr Wong being notable.

Still waiting for more Zapp