Author Topic: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread  (Read 10520 times)

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2024, 03:46:05 am »
I have sent my pick to Betty in case I am sleeping message betts.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2024, 06:36:16 am »
One whole pick. What a day.

Think we should move on if Musk isn't with us by morning

Yep he can pick on the way back, loads available in the first 4 rounds.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2024, 07:14:50 am »
Give me a heads up when I can go, I’m locked and loaded and we’ve had over 12 hours since last pick.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2024, 08:19:08 am »
Sorry, been really busy. I'll have my pick now. I can only apologise.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2024, 08:26:39 am »
Sorry, been really busy. I'll have my pick now. I can only apologise.

Glad you made it, mate. Think everyone needed an off day after Sunday.

Have made Max's pick. Over to Bobby.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2024, 09:07:03 am »
Glad you made it, mate. Think everyone needed an off day after Sunday.

Have made Max's pick. Over to Bobby.

I really am busy at work just now. I am also the world's worst loser though. That was a factor, I can admit it.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2024, 09:25:33 am »
I’ve PM’d Bobby just in case any of the newer drafters weren’t fully aware of the rules; I’ll give Bobby a few hours yet to make his chess move.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2024, 11:46:59 am »
Everyone okay if I go?

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2024, 11:54:31 am »
Everyone okay if I go?

If Bobby has missed his go, it should be Sarge next.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2024, 12:00:36 pm »
Sorry for delay. I've posted and notified sarge. My evidence will be with you shortly
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2024, 12:27:58 pm »
Sangria, mate. It's not your pick. Best remove that for now. Sarge has at least 2 hours, though we're still being lenient on day 1 (ish)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2024, 12:36:49 pm »
Sangria, mate. It's not your pick. Best remove that for now. Sarge has at least 2 hours, though we're still being lenient on day 1 (ish)
woops, sorry. In my head I was following Bobby. Have removed.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2024, 12:40:04 pm »
woops, sorry. In my head I was following Bobby. Have removed.

No worries, mate. Fingers crossed you still get your man.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2024, 01:48:32 pm »
We'll go with two hour limits this round. Everyone should know the draft has started by now and it will drag on forever if we give everyone unlimited time.

That means DS is up at 2pm

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2024, 02:27:53 pm »
I have secured the Egyptian King. Surprisingly hard to find an advert where he doesn’t play football, but we acquired it.

Samie has been informed.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2024, 02:42:06 pm »
I have secured the Egyptian King. Surprisingly hard to find an advert where he doesn’t play football, but we acquired it.

Samie has been informed.

Yep, good stuff mate. Big flurry for tv advert players so far...

Thought Mo would be first pick to go regardless of category as well.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2024, 03:39:36 pm »
I'm waiting for a reponse from Prof.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2024, 03:48:16 pm »
I'm waiting for a reponse from Prof.  ;D

Prof's not been online since yesterday. Might be a long wait!

You have until 4.30pm, mate.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2024, 03:52:09 pm »
No worries, i went round to his house anyway.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2024, 03:56:57 pm »
:lmao  Draex

Great pick, mind. Thought he'd be in the top 2.

No worries, i went round to his house anyway.

Ultimate Prof redemption arc incoming... just a question of what position Gullit plays for you now.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2024, 03:58:39 pm »
Sorry, not sorry.

I had him in at least half the categories, but imagine him under Klopp..

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2024, 04:01:25 pm »
Sorry, not sorry.

I had him in at least half the categories, but imagine him under Klopp..

Same. It's a real mindfuck deciding which categories to cross out. Not sure any are truly that weak though. Just some involve a bit more research than others. Expecting strong teams across the board.

Where do you think Klopp would play him? In the Bobby role?

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2024, 04:11:59 pm »
Same. It's a real mindfuck deciding which categories to cross out. Not sure any are truly that weak though. Just some involve a bit more research than others. Expecting strong teams across the board.

Where do you think Klopp would play him? In the Bobby role?

Yep, although I did have to delete about 15 players from one category when I saw it specified where they are from :D

I had this beauty lined up for Kenny and Cat 9

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-mK0Lw7FKp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-mK0Lw7FKp4</a>

I think Klopp would go 4231, Kenny roaming as the "10" behind a striker would be devastating.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2024, 04:45:59 pm »
Will pick in around 15/20 minutes. Might be a tactical pick given the dearth of good quality blond haired Germans.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2024, 04:51:48 pm »
Will pick in around 15/20 minutes. Might be a tactical pick given the dearth of good quality blond haired Germans.

I beg to differ

Spoiler
[close]

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2024, 04:56:09 pm »
Number 19 as well. Hmmm, which category to pick?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2024, 05:03:25 pm »
Number 19 as well. Hmmm, which category to pick?

Don't overthink it. Just make sure you pick a player you like first of all  :)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2024, 05:13:37 pm »
I beg to differ

Spoiler
[close]

That's one of those ladies from that 2018 World Cup draft you did?  ;D

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2024, 05:21:44 pm »

;D

I would say some are more "mousey" than blond. I am sure they will come up.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2024, 05:22:43 pm »
FYI to all, I'll be very lenient on most of these categories. So try not to stress. Obviously some like the shirt number, Klopp players and the manager ones are very cut and dry, but  I won't be terribly strict on the others. It's just a bit of fun to celebrate Klopp's brilliance and keep us entertained in the international break. If anyone gets stuck, I'm also happy to lend a hand as I've researched each category pretty deeply to make sure none are impossible.

That's one of those ladies from that 2018 World Cup draft you did?  ;D

Is it? Good memory if so. Looks to be Van Bommel's missus.

;D

I would say some are more "mousey" than blond. I am sure they will come up.

Aye, the wording is deliberately very simplistic for a reason....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 05:25:28 pm by Betty Blue »

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2024, 05:30:08 pm »
Damn. Ah well, Brehme's one of the best left backs ever and we all know how important full backs are in a Klopp side.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2024, 05:33:14 pm »
Damn. Ah well, Brehme's one of the best left backs ever and we all know how important full backs are in a Klopp side.

If you want to change your pick you are totally welcome to. Musk too. I wasn't trying to trick anyone with that category. Just figured with it being the least wordy of them and and not including the words natural blond, people would see it won't be too strict. Of course, if someone tries to sneak in obviously brown hair it won't pass the test.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2024, 05:46:41 pm »
If you want to change your pick you are totally welcome to. Musk too. I wasn't trying to trick anyone with that category. Just figured with it being the least wordy of them and and not including the words natural blond, people would see it won't be too strict. Of course, if someone tries to sneak in obviously brown hair it won't pass the test.

It's a good category Betts and one we must all consider when to play it. If the evidence is blond, i've found a few pics where a player is deffo blond, but in others not. probs blow dried his hair for panini.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2024, 05:49:27 pm »
It's a good category Betts and one we must all consider when to play it. If the evidence is blond, i've found a few pics where a player is deffo blond, but in others not. probs blow dried his hair for panini.

Haha yeah, there's a few even I'm unsure of to be honest. So hoping it will lead to some good old fashioned in-thread debates.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2024, 05:52:48 pm »

Thanks. I'll stick I think. I like to live dangerously. Also have a bunch of other players I want to pick so will probably spend ages deciding who to replace him with.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2024, 06:53:30 pm »
Sorry lads only in from work, up to my proverbial in it so i will get around to my picks so if not about just go.

It'll be fair on you all that I am handicapped.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2024, 06:57:32 pm »
Can someone be a lamb and PM next  :wave
Y.N.W.A.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2024, 06:59:49 pm »
Still Lastadors pick so you're gravy!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2024, 08:08:07 pm »
By the way, Air Jota is no longer with us *ahem* and has been taken out of the draft order. Pretty sure Tubby is pretending he's out too, which means we're down to 15 drafters now. So if anyone watching wants to jump in then there's still space  :wave

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2024, 08:41:49 pm »
Quite wanted Suarez as my Heavy Metal footballer (Klopp would have loved him), but that goal celebration is one of my faves ever so. Also wanted to help give you all more ideas of what fits that category since it's quite subjective  :)

Made CIT's pick as well. So over to Popcorn.

Interesting Gerrrard seems to have slipped lower down the order than usual. His recent transgressions probably having an impact. Can't stand him as a person these days to be honest, but can't deny his footballing ability. There's another much worse pick (not Saudi related) that I wonder if anyone will dare make or may even unknowingly make  :-X