Author Topic: Why we should keep Lucas?  (Read 267064 times)

Offline staalpete

• Main Stander
Re: Should Lucas be sold in January??
« Reply #200 on: December 1, 2010, 05:56:35 pm »
no fucking way

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #201 on: December 1, 2010, 05:56:47 pm »
if lucas is sold it will finally prove once and all that we have got complete fucking buffoons running liverpool football club, the lad is improving all the time in leaps and bounds, and after the amount of shit the lad has had to put up with and come through, a lot of people would of said fuck it i dont need this shit and fucked off ages ago!!
The strength of character the lad has shown is amazing we need more players with lucas's metal at anfield not less, if we already had more players with his attitude we wouldnt be where we are now

Offline dodgiebloke

• Anny Roader
« Reply #202 on: December 1, 2010, 05:59:34 pm »
God no.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 1, 2010, 06:04:05 pm »
If he will be sold together with Agger I would be really depressed, really.  I would be completely gutted by the people managing this club at the moment. It would break my heart...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: December 1, 2010, 06:04:54 pm »
i would have got rid last season (or at least not played him so much) but he is now justifying his place in the starting 11.
he`s toughened up a bit as well, and although he`s not physically strong like say graeme souness or steve mcmahon he`s not the lightweight he once was either.
wether he is going to be the type of centre mid that will be the keystone and driving force in a title winning side that souness and mcmahon were i`m yet to be convinced but he`s certainly playing as well as anyone else is at the moment.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #205 on: December 1, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »
Am waiting for Lucas to sign a new contract before I buy my new shirt

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 1, 2010, 06:06:45 pm »
I would not sell Lucas, I have talked him up for as long as I have been a poster on here, one of the very few  with a strong character, he is a devoted professional, has improved every single season and could not be replaced for the reported fee. If i had to put a price on him it would be 15-17m.

I would sell Gerrard first before Lucas.

Offline awraith

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #207 on: December 1, 2010, 06:13:45 pm »
No!

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 1, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »
When does his contract run out.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #209 on: December 1, 2010, 06:36:31 pm »
Let's just hope that his improvement in form and his inclusion in the Brazil team does not turn heads. We might not want to sell him but that does not mean that he may choose to leave to a bigger club (with others). This is why it is vital that we are restored as a 'bigger club' asap before the circling vultures pick up our most prized assets. Re-building processes are fine but in football you sometimes have to get a roof on quickly or the rain will pour in and destroy your foundations.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Much-Hyppia-Now

• Anny Roader
  • Go Red Sox!
« Reply #210 on: December 1, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »
Knowing Roy he'll probably be teeing up a part exchange for Paul Scharner or someone equally as past it and poor. Did Roy not nearly sell him on deadline day on the summer?

It would be a shame to sell him now after we've waited so long for him to finally come good. I really like the lad and he obviously loves LFC. A defo keep for me.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 1, 2010, 06:44:48 pm »
We might not want to sell him but that does not mean that he may choose to leave to a bigger club (with others).

These 'bigger clubs' exist? there was me thinking we held the most trophies in England. Forget football only started in '92... d0h!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #212 on: December 1, 2010, 06:54:40 pm »
how is this still a viable thread?  >:(
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 1, 2010, 06:56:09 pm »
the more pertinent question would be 'does lucas want to stay at liverpool'? can only hope it's a yes

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: December 1, 2010, 06:59:53 pm »
Lucas is going go on to become an absolute legend here, as long Roy (from cornation street) doesnt fuck it up.

Lucas can defend, can play the simple pass and the difficult one touch final ball with such ease its unreal. He hwas always good in the air but i ve noticed lately how many high balls into mid field he attacks and just passes a headed pass five yards forward to gerrard or torres feet, an incedible hard skill. When this guy adds some goals and late runs he his going be an absolute monster (no Pun) of a player here. But the biggest thing i like about him and feel is going be his biggest attribute in years to come is his mental strenght.

Long live lucas leiva.

Offline Wiggles

• Anny Roader
« Reply #215 on: December 1, 2010, 07:02:03 pm »
Carrick went for £18m, Hargreaves £18m, Anderson £17m, Mikel £12m, Ramires £18m, so only Hodgson and the Daily Mail would see £5m as a good price for him. 

That said, I love the guy.  He is completely a Liverpool player in terms of his mentality and love for the club and is far more effective than any of the other 'water carrier'-type midfielders that other clubs have as he is more mobile and reads the game better.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 1, 2010, 07:04:34 pm »
Rawk posters wouldnt sell any Liverpool player

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #217 on: December 1, 2010, 07:05:30 pm »
Rawk posters wouldnt sell any Liverpool player

That's not true, I would sell Konchesky and Poulsen in a heart beat ... assuming people would want to buy them.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 1, 2010, 07:10:24 pm »
Becoming a mainstay in the heart of the Brazilian midfield...they better fucking not!

Offline redtrev

• Anny Roader
« Reply #219 on: December 1, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »
That's not true, I would sell Konchesky and Poulsen in a heart beat ... assuming people would want to buy them.
babel and cole?

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 1, 2010, 07:11:20 pm »
I would sell Gerrard first before Lucas.

Are you fucking mental?
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 1, 2010, 07:12:17 pm »
babel and cole?

Probably get rid of them as well.

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #222 on: December 1, 2010, 07:13:18 pm »
I'm glad to see more people on the Lucas bandwagon. Anyways, two things.

1. Someone should link this thread to his twitter. I'm sure he'd be chuffed.

2. The thing I like most about Lucas is that he is so clearly in love with the game and he rewards his club and its fans with his positive energy and enthusiasm and his loyalty. He just seems like a down to earth guy who became (extraordinarily) good at football.  He's a technology nerd and always on his laptop or blackberry, he has good sense of humor and kind nature, and he's extremely grateful to his fans (he responds to quite a few fan tweets a day and almost always ends tweets with #YNWA).

He just seems so incredibly happy to make a living playing a sport that he has so much passion for, that he feels the need to pass on his happiness to others with something as small as the infectious smile that he wears around the pitch for most of the game or a happy birthday tweet to something like sending a random fan a personally signed jersey or other memorabilia item every once in a while (he even pays the shipping charges!).

Great lad. If I had to pick a player to takeover the title of "Mr. LFC" for Gerrard right this minute, you can bet your ass I would pick Lucas. He embodies the working class determination and passion and loyalty that I think of when I think of LFC. I can see him happily finishing his career here if we let him. I don't think he's really worried about the money he's making. As a matter of fact, I'm would reckon to guess that he would even take a (minor) pay-cut in order to remain here. 

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 1, 2010, 07:15:54 pm »
should not even be considering selling lucas

would sell all these before even considering selling lucas

Itandje
Degen
Darby
Poulsen
Konchesky
El Zhar
Babel
Cole

bring back insua and aquilani too
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline redtrev

• Anny Roader
« Reply #224 on: December 1, 2010, 07:16:56 pm »
Probably get rid of them as well.
me too mate fuck it cole was, is and will continue to be a fucking disaster of a signing. Babel got more chances thean anyone i can remember but clearly has no confidence here and needs to go to a smaller pond i think to regain some confidence. You just know he s going go somewhere and explode as a player.
Ill through another few names at ya; carra, skertl, and jova?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 1, 2010, 07:21:15 pm »
me too mate fuck it cole was, is and will continue to be a fucking disaster of a signing. Babel got more chances thean anyone i can remember but clearly has no confidence here and needs to go to a smaller pond i think to regain some confidence. You just know he s going go somewhere and explode as a player.
Ill through another few names at ya; carra, skertl, and jova?

Carra would be great in a Giggs / Scholes type role on the bench and a good back up, but I doubt he will ever take it.
Skrtel I think can come good, he has had some blinders for us, Jova I am on the fence about, hasn't set the place alight but hasn't been completely woeful. probably give him till the end of the season.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 1, 2010, 07:23:56 pm »
No chance, I'm confident Lucas will play a vital role in the revival of our fortunes  ;D

Lads got the determination and desire that warmed us all to Sami  ;D
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline redtrev

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: December 1, 2010, 07:26:40 pm »
Carra would be great in a Giggs / Scholes type role on the bench and a good back up, but I doubt he will ever take it.
Skrtel I think can come good, he has had some blinders for us, Jova I am on the fence about, hasn't set the place alight but hasn't been completely woeful. probably give him till the end of the season.
  i aggree re carra on both aspects thats why id sell him now before his value plumets to next to nothing. Skertle has had some good games, i just think he jumps in to much and commits himself way to much. Hes youngish and would fetch a good fee. thats why id be open to selling him. We have keely who id love to see get some games at CB and the greek has little value but is and ok option. Jova i think is a really good player just dont think he s going get the chance here. Hope im wrong.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #228 on: December 1, 2010, 07:28:43 pm »
Emphatic NO!
Sell Konchesky, sell Poulsen, maybe Babel, you could even get away with Ngog- not that I'd be happy, but LUCAS? HELL, NO!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

« Reply #229 on: December 1, 2010, 07:34:30 pm »
I wonder

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #230 on: December 1, 2010, 07:34:58 pm »
  i aggree re carra on both aspects thats why id sell him now before his value plumets to next to nothing. Skertle has had some good games, i just think he jumps in to much and commits himself way to much. Hes youngish and would fetch a good fee. thats why id be open to selling him. We have keely who id love to see get some games at CB and the greek has little value but is and ok option. Jova i think is a really good player just dont think he s going get the chance here. Hope im wrong.
As much sense as that makes, I wouldn't want us to sell either Gerrard or Carragher- if they want to leave- let 'em leave, but it's absolute disrespect to sell them.

Years of service from local boys who gave their hearts and souls -week in week out and letting opportunity after opportunity pass them by all for you and me and the club. Now at the first sign of being able to make a buck, were willing to sell them off? Nah- that's mercenary that.

They gave us millions in return and yet we want to suck the last juices out those old bones, like parasites. Clubs who do that to their best local heroes make me sick.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2010, 07:36:29 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #231 on: December 1, 2010, 07:37:03 pm »
I fucking love Lucas. Our team for the future should be moulded around him and about 3 or 4 others.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #232 on: December 1, 2010, 07:38:46 pm »
We must be overstaffed in midfield

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #233 on: December 1, 2010, 07:39:20 pm »
Anybody who thinks we should sell Lucas is a fucking idiot.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 1, 2010, 07:42:22 pm »
An absolutely horrible and embarrassing thread.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #235 on: December 1, 2010, 07:43:04 pm »
Simple answer........NO.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #236 on: December 1, 2010, 07:43:26 pm »
No way should we be selling Lucas he will get better and better.
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 1, 2010, 07:43:28 pm »

Shows how much he's done to change people's opinion of him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redtrev

• Anny Roader
« Reply #238 on: December 1, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »
As much sense as that makes, I wouldn't want us to sell either Gerrard or Carragher- if they want to leave- let 'em leave, but it's absolute disrespect to sell them.

Years of service from local boys who gave their hearts and souls -week in week out and letting opportunity after opportunity pass them by all for you and me and the club. Now at the first sign of being able to make a buck, were willing to sell them off? Nah- that's mercenary that.

They gave us millions in return and yet we want to suck the last juices out those old bones, like parasites. Clubs who do that to their best local heroes make me sick.
when did carra pass up a better oppertunity? Can think of one to be honest. Gerrard was most likely gone untill he and his family got death treats. But in all honesty we have let big players go before who thought they could do better and i cant think of any who did!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #239 on: December 1, 2010, 07:45:46 pm »
An absolutely horrible and embarrassing thread.
Hehehe- I've got the gasoline and matches ready...?
Also got a 10-strong immediate family with a barn chock-n-block full of- ahem... "agricultural euipment". Just say the word and we'll burn the "infidels".