Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The point is he has manipulated the outcome of a football match. If it was a player he would be facing a lifetime ban.

It’s not like he even needed to the dumb fuck. A win for us today would have made us feel a tiny bit better but wouldn’t have changed a lot in the grand scheme of things. And maybe we’d even have found a way to concede a third. But his instinct kicked in and he couldn’t face seeing us score a soft one.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by mattD on Today at 06:42:14 pm »
If you think it’s an overreaction then fair play.

Our season has fell apart, our idolised manager is leaving and season’s coming to a miserable end. This isn’t rock bottom in a literal sense but for a side that was dreaming of 4 trophies a few weeks ago, it’s pretty close. Salah is our star player, the highest earner, he’s a leader whose influence is huge. People are saying these things happen all the time, maybe they do, but not at this club and not during these moments. We’ve all heard the stories about how Klopp dealt with defeat in Kiev, how he ensured the players kept their chins up and were proud of what they’d achieved, it’s the collective over the individual, it’s sticking together when the going gets tough and coming out the other side in unison. Salah might have his reasons to be annoyed, but he’s been utter dogshit for weeks and can’t dispute he belongs on the bench. To do it on the sidelines is one thing, to swan past the media running his mouth is just idiocy and not befitting of someone of his standing.

For me it’s the beginning of the end, I’m not saying you get rid of him over this, but if he’s acting like that whilst playing some of the worst stuff since he’s been here, I think it’s time the club cut ties and went in another direction. There comes a time when every player thinks they’re better than they are and I think that time for Mo is now.

It's hard to disagree with this.

He's a legend, I love the guy but as with the best players, ego often overrides perspective to the detriment of the squad as a whole. This is fine when things go well; you'll see the arguments between him and Mane over refusals to pass for goalscoring opportunities when we were dominant but that greediness and selfishness was needed at the elite end.

That attitude and ego is a double edged sword when things don't go well. It's quite obvious dissent among the ranks and an emotionally intelligent player would refrain from such impulses.

Mo needs to learn that.
The point is he has manipulated the outcome of a football match. If it was a player he would be facing a lifetime ban.

I don't think he realised what had happened as had his back turned.

He then realised and told to GK to go down.

It is as bad as the Diaz one.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)
« Last post by Draex on Today at 06:41:10 pm »
If he had end product he'd be one of the best forwards in the world.
Geertruida is a lad that can play across the back four.
I genuinely don’t think that there are many people who would deny that they cover their own arses. The denial is that they fuck us over intentionally.

It was Taylor who last week was the ref for the Forest game wasn’t it?

They’re just arse covering pricks. I suspect he’s blown his whistle out of instinct and then realised he’s made an error and told him to go down.

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)
« Last post by Bincey on Today at 06:39:47 pm »
Probably our best player in tight spaces? Just seems to get out of some tricky press situations with ease.
We have to request it.

Scousers moaning again etc etc. Not that should stop us doing anything I know.
We’ve seen from the Diaz clip and also that one they released of Chelsea v Spurs that everyone’s taking over each other all the time. I doubt everyone in the VAR room were watching that in silence. Someone must have been asking what was going on. Woukd be interesting to hear but we never will.

We have to request it.
Poor performance again and overall maybe all we deserved, especially after a very drab first half, but no wonder Klopp and the team seem to be tired of it all. Officiating is really farcical.

Like many on here I’ve been watching the game and following the reds for well over 50 years. I try to be even handed and sympathetic to referees, but it’s quite obvious they’ve got to a stage where they really are making it up as they go along.  It’s never been worse.

This season officiating standards in the premier league has hit an all time low. It’s horribly embarrassingly for the self proclaimed ‘best league in the world’. And it’s not all down to VAR. I’ve never seen a referee call on a trainer like that for a non injury after no contact whatsoever.  Unless it’s a serious injury, when does that ever happen?  The goalie fell over grabbing a ball. The ref didn’t give a free kick. So what Taylor then did defies any logic and what’s worse for us … that would not happen against any other team. What the fuck was he doing? Taylor has now totally fucked up in two back to back major games. It’s a fucking shambles but won’t get called out.

Conspiracy? Probably not. That requires extraordinary complicity by many parties.
Incompetent amateur levels of performance? Yes, absolutely. Fucking joke and we have far more of these decisions go against us than anyone other top 6 team in the division. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10