Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923831 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: General Newcastle United thread - Benitez on his way
« Reply #13880 on: June 26, 2019, 11:06:52 pm »
There is a million man Max Wall march planned for next Sunday. If they can find someone to tell them to where to start from, and end at, coz de divant naa

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13881 on: June 27, 2019, 01:03:25 am »
IF that is true, Sean Dyche should want to rip Ashley's fucking head off for having him as a 'fall-back' option in that group. I'm not a fan of his, but he does have experience in the PL, and he isn't Steve Bruce.

Regardless of our opinions of Dyche, you'd have to think he would be mad to switch to Newcastle, he'd have less backing and less realistic expectations than where he is now.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13882 on: June 27, 2019, 01:41:12 am »
Regardless of our opinions of Dyche, you'd have to think he would be mad to switch to Newcastle, he'd have less backing and less realistic expectations than where he is now.
Definitely, he's just a name being thrown about because in reality there aren't any names to throw about. Gerrard, Arteta etc get a mention cos of Frankie going to Chelsea, and none of the papers dare mention that with Ashley there any manager going there is fucked.
Maybe he should give himself the job and be done with it.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13883 on: June 27, 2019, 03:26:04 am »
Struggling to find sympathy. Whenever they had a bit of success or went on a run of good results their fans were packing out the stadium and it was all sunshine and rainbows.

Of course there was true fans that act with their feet like Paul on here but the majority have moaned a lot but done fuck all about it. Ashley has probably barely batted an eyelid.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #13884 on: June 27, 2019, 04:17:53 am »
No one should be going to Newcastle until Ashley's gone.

As a manager you have to be seriously desperate or an idiot to go there right now.

Sadly I think the only way they're going to be rid of him is if they get relegated and stay relegated for a couple of seasons.

There's plenty of investment in lower tier clubs these days and Newcastle can bounce back fairly quickly as soon as that happens.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13885 on: June 27, 2019, 08:40:54 am »

He doesn't give a flying fuck about the sport or the Premier League.He is an glorified shop owner who has now turned into an asset and pension stripping low life.

Hitting his shops and websites are the only ways to hurt him.

Well, you clearly didn't get the context of that last line.

It's all about the Premier League with Ashley. Meaning, being in the Premier League, claiming the riches associated and ramming Sports Direct further down peoples throats with it.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #13886 on: June 27, 2019, 12:23:40 pm »
Seeing an empty stadium on TV would make a shitload of difference to any value he gets out of Sports Direct advertising, and to be honest probably make a difference to Newcastle staying in the league.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #13887 on: June 27, 2019, 12:42:06 pm »

As a manager you have to be seriously desperate or an idiot to go there right now.

Sadly I think the only way they're going to be rid of him is if they get relegated and stay relegated for a couple of seasons.

There's plenty of investment in lower tier clubs these days and Newcastle can bounce back fairly quickly as soon as that happens.

That doesn`t rule many out !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13888 on: June 27, 2019, 01:23:06 pm »

He'll be able to nab one off the lma merry-go-round easily enough, any of that lot will be just happy to get a couple of seasons of salary out of it, even with the likely relegation, but you'd have to question the sanity of anyone who was willing to change clubs to go there.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #13889 on: June 27, 2019, 05:12:40 pm »
No takeover so far, the best manager they have had in a long while leaving, not signing the player of the year, about to sell the only decent prospect player coming out of the academy, and the highest goal scorer of the season looking for a way out. Things looking bleak for the Toons. If this does not get them to go on a war path with Fat Mike, nothing will.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13890 on: June 27, 2019, 06:05:31 pm »
What an absolute shit-show from a Newcastle perspective.

All they had to do to keep hold of a world class manager, the calibre of whom they're unlikly  to attract (putting it kindly) for the forseebale future, is spend a bit of money, perhaps on the level of a Bournemouth or a Leicester and they couldn't even do that. I feel sorry for all the decent, proper Newcastle fans who have to put up with that utter twat owning the club.

With the sqad they had, it was bordering on the miraculous from Rafa that they stayed up since promotion and now what they've got to look foward to (unless a takeover occurs) is someone like Mark Hughes coming in, any half decent players leaving and being in the Championship this time next year. Utter madness.

Hope Rafa gets the Spain gig, I think a spell of international management would do him good.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13891 on: June 27, 2019, 07:19:05 pm »
No... No, it wasn't.

It is all about context. Guardiola winning the league and cups, with the team that got 100pts the previous year is no big deal really. Klopp winning the CL wasn't that unexpected, not with the squad that smashed its way to Kiev and with the upgrades of Alisson and Fabinho, the latter really shining late on. I, along with loads of others, put money on us last summer winning it in Madrid. Newcastle were amongst most people favourites to go down and at one point they looked in trouble - to finish 13th with them is way beyond expectations.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #13892 on: June 28, 2019, 07:56:22 am »
Four days on and I'm still absolutely gutted  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I just hope for a takeover and the return of the great man

I'm at a talk In with King Kev tonight which should be even more interesting after this week (sadly).

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13893 on: June 28, 2019, 08:07:01 am »
It is all about context. Guardiola winning the league and cups, with the team that got 100pts the previous year is no big deal really. Klopp winning the CL wasn't that unexpected, not with the squad that smashed its way to Kiev and with the upgrades of Alisson and Fabinho, the latter really shining late on. I, along with loads of others, put money on us last summer winning it in Madrid. Newcastle were amongst most people favourites to go down and at one point they looked in trouble - to finish 13th with them is way beyond expectations.

Context includes factoring in how many rubbish teams were competing to go down. Watford finished in 11th despite being in many writers’ relegation predictions. If Benitez had taken them to 7th I could see his point. As it was, and with all considered, Newcastle had a good season. Liverpool getting 97 points and winning the cl was spectacular
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:08:56 am by thejbs »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13894 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:53 am »
Context includes factoring in how many rubbish teams were competing to go down. Watford finished in 11th despite being in many writers’ relegation predictions. If Benitez had taken them to 7th I could see his point. As it was, and with all considered, Newcastle had a good season. Liverpool getting 97 points and winning the cl was spectacular

Yep.. On paper Newcastle are much stronger than Huddersfield and Cardiff, which coupled with Fulham turning out to be terrible meant it would have taken something special for them to get relegated. I'd say to finish 13th was just about above par. They finished ahead of Brighton and Burnley, which I think have the most comparable squads. 
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13895 on: June 28, 2019, 02:12:52 pm »
Dúbravka, Lascelles and Shelvey are decent enough players, but the rest of the squad is really lacking in quality.
Justice for the 96!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #13896 on: June 28, 2019, 02:16:27 pm »
Wow, Rafa's had some shocking luck in terms of owners. H&G, Abramovich, Perez, Ashley.

Hopefully, for his sake, he can find a job with an owner who can properly back him and he can show how great he truly is.

To be fair, with the exception of H&G, Rafa walked into all of the other jobs knowing full well who the owners are.
Better looking than Samie.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13897 on: June 28, 2019, 02:33:21 pm »
Dúbravka, Lascelles and Shelvey are decent enough players, but the rest of the squad is really lacking in quality.

Shelvey is pretty awful.

Almiron is raw - but a potentially good player.

Perez is a luxury player - someone will buy him.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #13898 on: June 28, 2019, 02:36:59 pm »

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13899 on: June 29, 2019, 10:20:29 am »

Now that is exactly what they deserve, I'd give him a double Pardew length contract, and I'd honour every second of it

Scruffy c*nts

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13900 on: June 29, 2019, 11:00:08 am »
Shelvey is pretty awful.

Almiron is raw - but a potentially good player.

Perez is a luxury player - someone will buy him.

Schar is pretty good for a mid-table side, let alone a less than mid-table side like Newcastle, who were punching above their weights under Rafa. I'd say Almiron, Schar and Dubravka are their best players. Lascelles, Perez and Rondon are not bad, but the rest are below their required level.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #13901 on: July 1, 2019, 02:01:27 am »

'Newcastle fans hoping for high noon at Toon may not topple Mike Ashley'...

Supporters’ group fighting Ashley is calling for a St James’ Park boycott – but would not be first to find apathy in their way

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/30/newcastle-fans-trying-to-topple-mike-ashley-may-find-apathy-in-their-way
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Paully

• Kopite

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #13903 on: July 1, 2019, 08:52:19 am »
'Newcastle fans hoping for high noon at Toon may not topple Mike Ashley'...

Supporters’ group fighting Ashley is calling for a St James’ Park boycott – but would not be first to find apathy in their way

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/30/newcastle-fans-trying-to-topple-mike-ashley-may-find-apathy-in-their-way
Somewhat scathing  :D

Like fans of so many other English football clubs, those who religiously attend St James’ Park tend to talk a good game when it comes to the public airing of grievances but generally come up short when it comes to doing anything that might detract from their enjoyment of actual football. Few protests encapsulate this half-heartedness as accurately as the utterly empty gesture that is the pre-match “march”, in which fans are called upon to mobilise outside a pub many of them were almost certainly going to be drinking in anyway, before walking a couple of hundred yards in a slightly emboldened manner to a game they had always planned to attend. One of the more memorable and protracted industrial actions in recent decades, the 1980s miners’ strike might ultimately have been unsuccessful, but at least those participating in it didn’t protest by donning helmets, going down the pits and digging coal.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13904 on: July 1, 2019, 09:18:31 am »
Somewhat scathing  :D

Like fans of so many other English football clubs, those who religiously attend St James’ Park tend to talk a good game when it comes to the public airing of grievances but generally come up short when it comes to doing anything that might detract from their enjoyment of actual football. Few protests encapsulate this half-heartedness as accurately as the utterly empty gesture that is the pre-match “march”, in which fans are called upon to mobilise outside a pub many of them were almost certainly going to be drinking in anyway, before walking a couple of hundred yards in a slightly emboldened manner to a game they had always planned to attend. One of the more memorable and protracted industrial actions in recent decades, the 1980s miners’ strike might ultimately have been unsuccessful, but at least those participating in it didn’t protest by donning helmets, going down the pits and digging coal.

We held marches in the dark days of H&G, still went in the ground, let the owners know exactly what we thought of them and still helped get rid of them. Being in the ground is not about the owners, it is about the players, it is them knowing we still had their backs while we went for the owners.

Target the money men who finance the club, target his businesses, boycott his stores and encourage others to do the same, don't buy the merchandise.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #13905 on: July 1, 2019, 10:17:24 am »
We held marches in the dark days of H&G, still went in the ground, let the owners know exactly what we thought of them and still helped get rid of them. Being in the ground is not about the owners, it is about the players, it is them knowing we still had their backs while we went for the owners.

Target the money men who finance the club, target his businesses, boycott his stores and encourage others to do the same, don't buy the merchandise.

Point A and B do not align.

Not going to the games takes away huge finances from the club, THAT is the most efficient way to target the man and his pockets.

Couple people in one town not buying Karimoor shite from Sports Direct isn't gonna correlate to him, they need to protest AND boycott going to games.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13906 on: July 1, 2019, 11:00:55 am »

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13907 on: July 1, 2019, 11:08:50 am »
Newcastle doesn't deserve Rafa.
Believer

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13908 on: July 1, 2019, 11:36:41 am »
Been stocking up on lonsdale gear in support of Mike Ashley

Your doing a great job boss, fuck the thick c*nts over even more

Online Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13909 on: July 1, 2019, 11:59:40 am »

Not sure that will do much in their case since it appears the club is mainly used as a vehicle for advertising his other interests anyway.  What will hurt him tho' is losing the profit that Rafa brought him on a regular basis, but I'm not sure he actually gives much of a toss.

Offline Paully

• Kopite

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13912 on: July 1, 2019, 02:19:55 pm »
everything about the guy is class

glad he called the owners out
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #13913 on: July 1, 2019, 11:50:19 pm »

'“When I came to Newcastle, they gave me the plans for the new training ground, I was talking to the architect about changing a few things,” he says, smiling now. “And after three years . . . they painted the walls.':-

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/07/the-times-scoop-massive-rafa-benitez-leaving-newcastle-united-interview

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #13914 on: July 2, 2019, 03:03:56 am »
I am really disappointed that Rafa has accepted to work in a dead-end league*. His career choices are utterly bemusing. I can't see this China move as anything more than transitory. I thought the whole excuse to not renew at Newcastle was that the hierarchy didn't share his vision for the club, but if he was looking at short-term options there was a year's extension on the table. He could easily have found work at a higher profile club in Spain or Italy. I fear Rafa himself thinks he is done at the top level, it's tragic.

*Speaking as someone who has been living in Shanghai for a while  :-X
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #13915 on: July 2, 2019, 04:33:13 am »
I am really disappointed that Rafa has accepted to work in a dead-end league*. His career choices are utterly bemusing. I can't see this China move as anything more than transitory. I thought the whole excuse to not renew at Newcastle was that the hierarchy didn't share his vision for the club, but if he was looking at short-term options there was a year's extension on the table. He could easily have found work at a higher profile club in Spain or Italy. I fear Rafa himself thinks he is done at the top level, it's tragic.

*Speaking as someone who has been living in Shanghai for a while  :-X

I think Rafa, more than most, is the kind of manager that needs a project. A club that's not after short-term success, but will buy into his methods and resource him as he requires, for him to build a better team over the long term. That's why Newcastle could have been the perfect club for him, had they managed to get rid of Ashley.

I think a period away from Europe is probably not the worst idea for Rafa. It will be useful for him to spend some time away clearing his head, and eventually, someone like a Villa or a Derby will come a-calling, if he wanted to return.

It's a bit of a shame that Milan didn't seek him out after Gattuso left. I think he'd have some interest in the club with his admiration for Sacchi. They are out of Europe and are probably in a rebuilding phase, so it's not the worst place to come in.

Problem with Rafa is he's tactically not the most modern manager, so clubs may prefer to get some young German in.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #13916 on: July 2, 2019, 06:01:25 am »
I think Rafa, more than most, is the kind of manager that needs a project. A club that's not after short-term success, but will buy into his methods and resource him as he requires, for him to build a better team over the long term. That's why Newcastle could have been the perfect club for him, had they managed to get rid of Ashley.

I think a period away from Europe is probably not the worst idea for Rafa. It will be useful for him to spend some time away clearing his head, and eventually, someone like a Villa or a Derby will come a-calling, if he wanted to return.

It's a bit of a shame that Milan didn't seek him out after Gattuso left. I think he'd have some interest in the club with his admiration for Sacchi. They are out of Europe and are probably in a rebuilding phase, so it's not the worst place to come in.

Problem with Rafa is he's tactically not the most modern manager, so clubs may prefer to get some young German in.

The problem with Chinese football is that it's a basket case awash with mercenaries. The general public is fairly apathetic to it, while most owners either use it to enhance political influence or as a marketing tool for their corporate interests. No high profile manager has been able to come to China and enhance his reputation (Magath, Scolari, Pellegrini, AVB). The money's about the only thing going for it, which attracts a certain personality understandably. I guess I was too deluded to contemplate that Rafa could be in that category. Nothing wrong with it, of course, but it does banish naive idealism.

I don't buy Rafa needed time away from Europe, he's 59 and should be in the prime of his career. Furthermore, it makes a mockery of the idea of him wanting to live close to his daughters. There's likely to be a vacancy at Derby in a few weeks, which he could have jumped at if he wanted. No, this smacks of a person who is conflicted about his professional objectives.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2019, 06:03:35 am by demain »
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13917 on: July 2, 2019, 08:28:24 am »
i am surprised he went to China

Though within a year he will be back in Europe
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13918 on: July 2, 2019, 08:39:18 am »
Might be getting ready to retire. One more pay day in a league where he won't have to worry about club finances and overall performance isn't critical.

Or maybe its his idea of taking a break. Just a little something to sate his footie addiction whilst he figures out his next move, sort of a busman's holiday.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13919 on: July 2, 2019, 10:13:42 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48831519 - his move to China is confirmed. It's an unlikely move for him, but good luck Rafa!