Author Topic: TV Repair  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
TV Repair
« on: April 17, 2016, 04:30:31 am »
There's bound to be at least 1 TV repair man on RAWK that can give remote advice.

Basically, my dads TV 'blew up' as he put it.

When it's plugged in, the little power light at the bottom comes on. Can hear clicking from the back of the TV. Nothing on screen.

I've replaced a few tiny mother fucker things on the power board from the back of the TV (numbers available, but not at 4.30am. Transistors, resistors or other such bullshit).

The issue remains though. The power light still comes on, but there is still no picture, and still the clicking noise from the back of the TV.

Any ideas?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Re: TV Repair
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 08:16:18 am »
Yep get a new one as it probably be cheaper in the long run.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 10:22:49 am »
This happened to me not long ago. Samsung by any chance?

I was advised to get a new one which I did. With the price of teles nowadays you can get a really decent one for a cheap price. It does save you money in the long run. My tv already broke in the same way a year before so it will more than likely happen again.
Justice for the 97

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 12:04:25 pm »
Give it a twat on the left side for Vertical sync, on the right side for Horizontal sync, thats what me arl man used to do. worked a treat in the late 60's
JFT 96

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 01:23:12 pm »
This happened to me not long ago. Samsung by any chance?

I was advised to get a new one which I did. With the price of teles nowadays you can get a really decent one for a cheap price. It does save you money in the long run. My tv already broke in the same way a year before so it will more than likely happen again.

It is a Samsung yes

He's not arsed. He was prepared to wing it in the skip. I thought I'd take it and see if I could fix it first.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 12:46:56 pm »
I was going to suggest the capacitors when I see the thread but you already done that.
Had a 40" Samsung that the red light flashed 3 or 4 times and never switched on.

I was going to bin it until I went to a repair shop and explained the issue.  Originally he wanted £180 to repair it, I said I would just bin it.  All of a sudden he was quite interested in taking off me.   I googled the issue 75p and a little solder later a working TV.   Also made a tenner as when I had the board out my brother bet me that it would never work.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
Sony Bravia
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2020, 12:28:56 pm »
Anyone else had lip sync problems on their telly/how to fix?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: Sony Bravia
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2020, 12:49:26 pm »
No but quick search found this

How do I fix my lip sync on my Sony Bravia TV?
Using the supplied remote control, press SYSTEM MENU button. Press up arrow or down arrow button repeatedly until A/V SYNC appears in the front panel display. Press Enter button. Press up arrow or down arrow button to adjust the delay between the picture and sound

Have you tried it?

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2020, 12:50:31 pm »
Anyone else had lip sync problems on their telly/how to fix?

First answer from Google:

How do I fix my lip sync on my Sony TV?
When the TV function is selected, follow the steps below.
Using the supplied remote control, press OPTIONS button.
Press up arrow or down arrow button repeatedly until A/V SYNC appears in the front panel display.
Press Enter button.
Press up arrow or down arrow button to adjust the delay between the picture and sound.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2020, 04:16:21 pm »
No but quick search found this

Have you tried it?

Don’t have that button on my Sony remote or any obvious way of getting to AV. I’ve reset the sound to factory settings so hope this works.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 10:25:43 pm »
Don't remember starting this thread. Was looking for one though.

My TV turns itself on and off. Wont stay on for more than 10 seconds before going off again, then on, then off again.

Tried a different power cable, same thing. The power cable from my TV is fine in my lads TV.

Its a Samsung. Any ideas?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 10:40:12 pm »
Make sure there are no buttons stuck on the TV itself or the remote. It might be a software issue but it is going to be hard to do an update if it is only staying on for that long.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 11:18:20 pm »
Working OK now. Didn't do anything except leave it u plugged for an hour or so. Not the first time it's happened so will need to check the warranty

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 12:10:29 pm »
You tried turning it off and on again?  ??? :-X

Or more helpful - have you tried what’s recommended here? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Samsung-LED-Smart-TV-keeps-turning-off-and-on/td-p/303604

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 01:20:19 pm »
Don't remember starting this thread. Was looking for one though.

My TV turns itself on and off. Wont stay on for more than 10 seconds before going off again, then on, then off again.

Tried a different power cable, same thing. The power cable from my TV is fine in my lads TV.

Its a Samsung. Any ideas?
Bloody hell Barney sound as forgetful as me!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 01:58:20 pm »
You tried turning it off and on again?  ??? :-X

Or more helpful - have you tried what’s recommended here? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Samsung-LED-Smart-TV-keeps-turning-off-and-on/td-p/303604

I had a look at that last night, but the TV wouldn't stay on long enough to try any of it bar obviously the unplugging.

Bloody hell Barney sound as forgetful as me!

It was 4 years ago to be fair  :D

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 03:38:40 pm »
I remember reading that 95% of TV (and modern domestic electronic device) problems stem from manufacturers using shoddy, low end capacitors.

I know you already know how to swap out a capacitor, Barney, and I guess the problem is sometimes, in blowing, they take out a random ic chip on their way. Makes troubleshooting without schematics and a fair bit of knowledge really difficult.