Author Topic: Non-League football  (Read 9644 times)

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Non-League football
« Reply #80 on: May 1, 2024, 08:55:22 am »
City of Liverpool will face them in the final at Prescot. Should be a cracker that on Saturday.

Can't Wait

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 1, 2024, 08:56:03 am »
And Marine fc. Beat Warrington Rylands 1-0 to reach the Northern Premier League play-off final vs Macclesfield. The winner is promoted into the National League North. Which is the 6th tier of English football.
:champ

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #82 on: May 1, 2024, 10:26:25 am »
Up the Pesky Bulls.

Bit of a scrappy game like. Biggest attendance this century as well!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #83 on: May 1, 2024, 10:35:50 am »
My local side to growing up, Droylsden, withdrew during covid because all of their revenue came from the function room. We came back this season and finished in the playoffs, getting to a cup semi, playoff semi and league cup final*, so all round a bloody good year, still managed by chairman and owner Dave Pace after around 30 years.

Lost the playoffs at Stockport Town to a 95th-minute goal, shoddy goalkeeping from a low free kick, and *got kicked out of the league cup final for accidentally fielding a suspended player in the semi :duh

Some may remember that Droylsden were kicked out of the FA Cup third round in about 2009 for fielding an ineligible player when we beat Chesterfield in the second round.

Anyway, we'll win it all next year - largest attendance in the NW Counties Div 1 South by double. We never really had a 'following' before covid, it was your typical couple of hundred at that level, even in the Conference in 2008. Now, however, there's real appetite and loads of youngsters turning up with flags and stickers and following Droylsden away, drinking unsuspecting clubhouses dry. It's brought a bit of buzz to the town.

Elsewhere, I went to Prescot on New Years Day for the Bootle game, great little club, place was packed.

Chorley can fuck off - went last year and they started singing 'always the victims' at Southport. Southport.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 1, 2024, 10:56:38 am »
And Marine fc. Beat Warrington Rylands 1-0 to reach the Northern Premier League play-off final vs Macclesfield. The winner is promoted into the National League North. Which is the 6th tier of English football.

Gonna be a nervy game. I was at Macclesfield last night. Amazing atmosphere behind the goal. I see Marine are in great form. 8 wins from 9 or something. Hope Marine bring more than Worksop did last night. Tickets just gone on sale in the last hour on ticketco by the way for anyone making the trip over.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #85 on: May 1, 2024, 11:26:22 am »
My cousin's lad plays for Radcliffe, they won the Northern Premier League. Just signed for another year with a further years extension.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #86 on: May 1, 2024, 12:06:33 pm »
Just posted about this on the Liverpool board before. Best of luck to Marine against Macclesfield, could be a very famous victory to take them up the National League North which would be a great achievement. One of City of Liverpool/Prescot guaranteed to join Marine's current division this weekend too.

South Liverpool have already been promoted to division 9 (I think) with a win on penalties the other day against Ashton Town. St Helens won that league outright, not arsed about them though  ;D
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 12:08:35 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #87 on: May 1, 2024, 12:13:02 pm »
Just posted about this on the Liverpool board before. Best of luck to Marine against Macclesfield, could be a very famous victory to take them up the National League North which would be a great achievement. One of City of Liverpool/Prescot guaranteed to join Marine's current division this weekend too.

South Liverpool have already been promoted to division 9 (I think) with a win on penalties the other day against Ashton Town. St Helens won that league outright, not arsed about them though  ;D
Can Marine go up to the NLN? Thought their three-sided ground didn’t meet the criteria?
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 1, 2024, 12:21:03 pm »
Can Marine go up to the NLN? Thought their three-sided ground didn’t meet the criteria?

As long as they have handstanding on all 4 sides they are OK.

To go into Step 2 (National League North/South) you need 3000 capacity, 11 seater dugouts, a PA system, 6 turnstiles, minimum of 500 covered area (250 seats at least), area for press and a certain floodlight system.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 12:22:46 pm by CheshireDave »

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: May 1, 2024, 07:07:22 pm »
Managed to get a few tickets for Cables Saturday. There was a queuing system from after 5, even though they went on sale at 6. Got ours right away which I didn't think would happen. Sold out by 6:15.

Think there is only 1400, possibly a few on the gate.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 1, 2024, 07:32:49 pm »
As long as they have handstanding on all 4 sides they are OK.

To go into Step 2 (National League North/South) you need 3000 capacity, 11 seater dugouts, a PA system, 6 turnstiles, minimum of 500 covered area (250 seats at least), area for press and a certain floodlight system.

That can't be an easy way to watch?

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 1, 2024, 08:04:34 pm »
One for the history books 📚
A record attendance in the modern era of 2,035 at this famous old ground.
Thank you to every single person that attended last night.

Wow!! We have sold 1400 tickets in 17 minutes for Saturdays game against @CityofLpoolFC. As a result....there will be no more online sales. If we do open up sales again between now and Saturday we will make a further announcement at the time.

Offline Spezialo

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: May 1, 2024, 08:48:29 pm »
There's 600 on the gate?

How many did COL get allocated?

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 1, 2024, 08:50:03 pm »

That can't be an easy way to watch?

Haha ooops

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #94 on: May 1, 2024, 09:01:58 pm »

Good buzz with non league in the region at the moment, lot of teams doing well. Just need better facilities at these grounds. It does hold clubs back.

City of Liverpool desperate for their own ground. Marine hamstrung by how hemmed in the ground is with housing.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 1, 2024, 09:20:00 pm »
There's 600 on the gate?

How many did COL get allocated?

Doesn't say

600 Tickets available to purchase at the Turnstiles on a first come first serve basis. Gates will close if/when we reach capacity of 2,100.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #96 on: May 1, 2024, 10:00:56 pm »
It’s a shame only one club goes up automatically in the national north/south

My local side Chelmsford city have been in 10 of the 16 play offs since being promoted to the south from the division below 16 seasons previous

Finished 2nd this year to Yeovil, favourable draw at home to rivals Braintree and bottle it and lose 3-2. Destined to stay in this division forever by the looks of things

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 1, 2024, 10:12:30 pm »
It’s a shame only one club goes up automatically in the national north/south

My local side Chelmsford city have been in 10 of the 16 play offs since being promoted to the south from the division below 16 seasons previous

Finished 2nd this year to Yeovil, favourable draw at home to rivals Braintree and bottle it and lose 3-2. Destined to stay in this division forever by the looks of things

Will have to win the league!

To be fair pre-play offs (and pre current north/south structure) only the champions went up from the Conference and from the feeder leagues below it, to go into it. A few clubs in the pyramid just have a rotten play off record.

Offline Spezialo

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: May 2, 2024, 07:30:20 am »

Doesn't say

600 Tickets available to purchase at the Turnstiles on a first come first serve basis. Gates will close if/when we reach capacity of 2,100.

Just read that them 1400 online could be bought by COL fans also.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 2, 2024, 03:13:19 pm »
Just read that them 1400 online could be bought by COL fans also.

Latest Sorry Don't Know How to embed or whatever it is called

Maybe some one who is Tech Minded can do it   ;D

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=970726351728260&set=a.494762712657962

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 3, 2024, 10:01:28 am »
Update ahead of Promotion Decider
Prescot Cables Football Club have been overwhelmed by the unprecedented demand for tickets ahead of our upcoming Pitching In Northern Premier League West Division Play-Off Final vs City of Liverpool; which saw an astounding 1,400 advance tickets sold online in just 17minutes from the time the sale opened at 6pm on Wednesday 1st May.

Clearly, interest in this game is high – higher than anybody at the club expected - and it is credit to the supporters of both Prescot Cables and City of Liverpool that so many people want to watch this Play-Off Final. Whilst we sold almost 1,200 advance tickets for our Semi-Final against Bootle, this figure took circa 48hrs to reach, allowing time for supporters to make their purchase. Whilst we are absolutely blown away that 1,400 tickets were sold in under 20 minutes last night; We realise that many of our supporters, including Season Ticket holders, were unable to secure their ticket last night and that this may have caused concern.

We would like to remind both sets of supporters that 600 tickets were held back from advance sale; with the intention that these tickets were to be sold to supporters at the Turnstiles on Saturday. Once these tickets sell, we will be very close to our permitted legal capacity at the Joseph Russell Stadium – 2,100 – and no further tickets will be available.

With this in mind; Prescot Cables will be contacting our season ticket holders who have not yet secured their ticket via email with instructions on how to purchase their ticket online during a ‘season-ticket window’, where they will have an exclusive right to purchase 1 match ticket per season ticket before the general public. Please follow the instructions carefully as laid out by our ticketing partners, Kaizen, to make you purchase and secure your ticket.

We appreciate that many Purps fans will be in a similar scenario regarding tickets and following conversation with City of Liverpool, the club will be given an allocation of tickets to sell and distribute to their supporters as they wish.

The remainder of the tickets left unsold will then be made available for general sale online; we will clearly communicate to supporters when this sale will happen. It is therefore very unlikely that there will be any walk-up tickets available at the Turnstiles. Should any remaining tickets be available then we will communicate this on the morning of the game.

We kindly and respectfully request that supporters refrain from contacting club volunteers personally, and direct enquiries via club channels. We will respond as soon as we are able.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 4, 2024, 04:04:27 pm »
GOAL: PRESCOT CABLES 1-0 City of Liverpool - Alex McNally (45'+1)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #102 on: May 4, 2024, 04:06:49 pm »
The city of Liverpool radio commentary has been hilarious  ;D

Cables should be able to see this out now with a man advantage

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 4, 2024, 04:10:57 pm »
The city of Liverpool radio commentary has been hilarious  ;D

Cables should be able to see this out now with a man advantage

I can't Listen ( too nervous ) Brother in Germany is keeping me up dated

Didn't Mention City was down to 10 though

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 4, 2024, 04:43:40 pm »
GOAL: PRESCOT CABLES 2-0 City of Liverpool - John Murphy (65')

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105 on: May 4, 2024, 05:10:26 pm »
Well done Cables. Sounds like the red card killed the game a little but much deserved promotion.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 4, 2024, 05:11:46 pm »
Well done Cables. Sounds like the red card killed the game a little but much deserved promotion.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 4, 2024, 05:12:20 pm »
No Purple Patch for COL Then ?

Offline Spezialo

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: May 4, 2024, 07:19:03 pm »
Up the Pesky Bulls.

Game changed with the sending off but Cables played really good after that. Brilliant passing and well worked second goal.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #109 on: May 4, 2024, 07:44:28 pm »
Be nice if the Cables could eventually build their way up to the National League North.

Marine could qualify for it with a win on Monday, be a tough game against Macclesfield away though.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 4, 2024, 07:48:52 pm »
Be nice if the Cables could eventually build their way up to the National League North.

Marine could qualify for it with a win on Monday, be a tough game against Macclesfield away though.

Would be tough

What improvements would they need ?

Hope they have the cash to improve the squad too

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #111 on: May 4, 2024, 08:13:22 pm »
Type Prescot Cables into Google for a surprise...
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 4, 2024, 08:15:05 pm »
Type Prescot Cables into Google for a surprise...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #113 on: May 6, 2024, 04:57:03 pm »
Marine have done it!

What a season for local non league football. Prescot and South Liverpool up too.

Everton await soon!

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 6, 2024, 05:09:34 pm »
Marine have done it!

What a season for local non league football. Prescot and South Liverpool up too.

Everton await soon!

Great News

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 6, 2024, 05:10:30 pm »
Marine have done it!

Everton await soon!

Yes, something to build on.

Runcorn, City of Liverpool and Bootle all in the play offs, missing out to Prescot. Hopefully one of them win that league next year and the three going up doing well.