Author Topic: That egregious c*nt, Jamie Oliver  (Read 5476 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
That egregious c*nt, Jamie Oliver
« on: April 3, 2020, 09:09:44 pm »
They're now patchwork quilting his shit shows together, then adding a bit of him being videod withadded  him fawning over the NHS, whilst self isolating.

Fuck off, cockhead.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: That egregious c*nt, Jamie Oliver
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2020, 09:49:24 pm »
Think hes boss

And you wouldnt say any of that to his face cos Hed fucking welly you everywhere

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2020, 09:52:11 pm »
The fat bastard would end up eating his knob that's how much he loves himself if only he could reach it.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2020, 09:53:17 pm »
The fat bastard would end up eating his knob that's how much he loves himself if only he could reach it.

Leave Capon out of this. The Jamie Oliver bum-chum.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2020, 10:15:47 pm »
Sold out years ago. From having a show where he highlighted how kids didn't know raw vegetables to selling ready made meals in supermarkets.

And his restaurant business tanked well before the flood of everyday restaurants that are currently going under because of coronavirus lock-downs.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2020, 10:25:18 pm »
Leave Capon out of this. The Jamie Oliver bum-chum.
:lmao :boxhead

Offline Anfield14

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6 on: April 3, 2020, 10:31:56 pm »
Why the hate?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2020, 10:34:06 pm »
Why the hate?

Chopper loves his turkey twizzlers.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #8 on: April 3, 2020, 11:14:15 pm »
All I'll say is what my Mum used to say, and that's never trust any man who uses hair dye.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9 on: April 3, 2020, 11:18:52 pm »
Is that his new Gastro Pub?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2020, 12:47:05 am »
I don't mind him. He's not the worst.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2020, 02:26:53 am »
I don't mind him. He's not the worst. wurst

FTFY
Better looking than Samie.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2020, 07:57:31 am »
He introduced a whole generation to cooking proper food, rather than eating crap.

The majority of people on shows like MasterChef would have been influenced by Jamie Oliver.

And he did/does a lot for kids health.

But he can across as a self-aggrandising prick.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2020, 08:08:38 am »
The Harry Kane of celebrity chefs

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 4, 2020, 08:44:00 am »
I went to his Italian Kitchen in the toon once, the food was nothing special and the service was fucking atrocious.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15 on: April 4, 2020, 08:50:16 am »
He's alright, you can make a case for pretty much anyone on TV being a bellend.  He does a lot of work trying to make people aware of healthy options.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 4, 2020, 09:25:04 am »
The Harry Kane Bono of celebrity chefs

Fixed.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17 on: April 4, 2020, 09:32:59 am »
Thought he was a twat in his early Naked Chef shows - all his mates around him and him acting all cool and manic like.

Then he seemed to get cool and his series where he went all over Italy was pretty good - even though his missus flew over after him because she got a bit jealous of his 'alone' time.

Then I gave him some kudos trying to help the kids eat healthier and even taking on the government - but he seemed to lose faith in his own fight. Might have had something to do with idiot mothers stuffing turkey twizzlers through fences to feed their litters.

Then he seemed to just be on at Christmas time with his shows - my girl learnt a lot from those shows though and cooks a mighty fine Christmas dinner  :wave

Then he just seems to have had his time in the transient celebrity kingdom and now does the odd show here and there.

Don't hate him, but he's better than that twat Gino De Campo - now there's a c*nt who loves looking in the mirror and having a tom hank.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18 on: April 4, 2020, 12:00:49 pm »
The Harry Kane of celebrity chefs

Yep..

Quite good at what he does but is a fucking blert, can't stand how he waves his hands everywhere & drop a few grains of salt from 3m.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: April 4, 2020, 12:40:27 pm »
Yep..

Quite good at what he does but is a fucking blert, can't stand how he waves his hands everywhere & drop a few grains of salt from 3m.

He’s not Mr Tickle.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #20 on: April 4, 2020, 01:50:38 pm »
He’s not Mr Tickle.

Social distancing, with condiments.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #21 on: April 4, 2020, 01:58:51 pm »
His style can be a bit grating, that much I think we all agree on.

His best skill though is getting people who don’t normally cook at all to start making meals. Definitely worked with me.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #22 on: April 4, 2020, 02:06:56 pm »
Sold out years ago. From having a show where he highlighted how kids didn't know raw vegetables to selling ready made meals in supermarkets.

And his restaurant business tanked well before the flood of everyday restaurants that are currently going under because of coronavirus lock-downs.

Did he have his own range of ready meals!?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2020, 03:03:33 pm »
His style can be a bit grating

Didn't know he was a Spurs supporter...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2020, 06:20:33 pm »
I don't mind him, but one thing always annoyed me is that he seems to use lime in every single fucking dish he cooks.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2020, 09:42:33 pm »
He took my turkey Twizzlers away.

Wonder if he would donate his fee from Channel 4 to his staff that lost their jobs at his joke restaurants.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 4, 2020, 09:59:02 pm »
He popped up on gogglebox last night and they all ripped the piss out of him.

Which was nice.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 4, 2020, 11:27:45 pm »

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 5, 2020, 01:01:09 am »
Hes a slavering fucking bellend.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Jamie Oliver
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2022, 05:05:15 pm »
Let's put the current cost of living crisis aside for one moment, as difficult as that may be. We're all struggling, everything is expensive and getting more expensive by the day. Those of us, myself and my partner included, that can just about absorb it are lucky. It's still worrying as fuck, but we're lucky.

Put the cost of living crisis aside for one moment, and think about the people in this country who've been relying on food banks over the last decade. They just want to feed their kids, send them off to school, put them to bed without a rumbling stomach. Think about the people who don't quite have to rely on food banks, but they're not far off, and with every National Insurance rise, with every landlord increasing their rent just because they can, they're closer to the food bank, and they can't sleep at night. They work full time and they don't have time to cook from scratch, all of those healthy options with veg that you can only buy in multiples, that they'll have to throw away because they either don't have the space in their tiny fridge / freezer to store it, or they're never going to use it all before it goes off in two days.

(Me and my fella lived in a place like that for three and a half years, and when we finally moved into somewhere that had a proper fridge and a proper freezer, I had to stop myself crying.)

These are the ones who don't have space for a slow cooker, who have a freezer the size of a shoe box, who by the time they get home from work it's half seven and they're simply too exhausted. These are the ones working their arses off for disgraceful wages, shortening their lifespans, doing their best to stay sane with the 100mg Sertraline their doctors have prescribed them. If they own their own homes, they're worried about keeping up with payments. If they don't own their own homes, they know their landlords have them by the balls and they'll never, ever be able to afford to get on the property ladder, short of hoping their parents die young enough to not have all their assets disappear paying for care. No hope, no trust in politicians of any persuasion to actually make things better for them, no visions of a future where they're happy and prosperous like their parents and grandparents might once have had.

So they go into the Asda of a Tuesday evening, and they pick up a 2-for-1 deal.

Well, guess what? Jamie fucking Oliver doesn't like that, you fat, lazy bastards, and with all the shite that's going on in the world and everything that's happening to us, this is the hill he's choosing to die on, once again. Bonus points for food wastage.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1526977018671337474?s=20&t=98_Aae3V4oHqhqfIASTRTg
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:07:35 pm by Snail »

Online NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
Re: Jamie Oliver
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2022, 05:55:54 pm »
Some people are just not clever enough to realise they are not clever enough. Jamie Oliver is one of those people.

What's your pleasure?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2022, 06:23:40 pm »
The proposed ban was for offers on unhealthy food.

Unsurprisingly dropping the ban is supported by Tory MPs, and probably the sugar industry.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2022, 01:46:24 am »
Remember when he had his first show The Naked Chef?, seemed likeable, and made some great food on that, who could have predicted what a fucking pretentious sanctimonious bellend he would become?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 04:59:12 am by Flaccido Dongingo »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2022, 04:38:57 am »
Always found him to be a bit of a cowboy. He uses the wrong ingredients and techniques basically in a way that goes beyond personal flair. Olive oil in curry? And I swear one of the curry recipes included using a Patak"s sauce base. Which yeah valid but ummmm what aren't you meant to be a top chef?

I think he compromises his recipes and he's writing for an audience that seems quite cynical (even if it is real, someone's buying all those books)

Butter chicken without the butter. Look. To anyone who needs that recipe. If you're so bent on having butter chicken that you're making it without butter, just use the fucking butter and have a walk about or something (Mango chutney in that recipe BTW hey it's food get experimental but let's not do surreal recipes it isn't the sixties)

His recipes are generally a (dodgy) version, rather than something that could be taken as definitive. It is perfectly possible to have variations on a dish that become a staple. Cheat's this or 20 minute that. Meaning you can't trust them, basically. If you need a go-to variation or recipe: you'd just never use his

I don't really get the discipline of his dishes. Make people healthy. Nice, your recipe comes with an agenda. Obviously he could cook me under the table but mate when I want to make lasagne I make lasagne not Cheat's lasagna or Jools' lasagna (he wields his missus' recipes like it's inclusive or something. That's nepotism, pal. Not really interested, but you have to fill those books somehow)

I'm sure he's misunderstood. Heart is probably in the right place and that. The books are clearly the main source of income; remember the little storm about him using taxpayer money to furlough staff?

He's a chef whose recipes I don't cook. And who seems to be more brand than man

Good on him for any good karma he's accrued along the way, but a celebrity chef whose food I don't trust is just a celebrity, and wow great he's famous what else is there to do

Jamie Oliver in his house, concocting healthy recipes to publish, for his possibly imaginary audience of poor people who can't cook. Chocolate cake without the chocolate or cake. The sort of chef who'd recommend a bowl of Coco Pops without milk

.... Wow, I am brutal when I wake up in the night lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 05:00:35 am by ToneLa »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2022, 05:45:03 am »
Always found him to be a bit of a cowboy. He uses the wrong ingredients and techniques basically in a way that goes beyond personal flair. Olive oil in curry? And I swear one of the curry recipes included using a Patak"s sauce base. Which yeah valid but ummmm what aren't you meant to be a top chef?

I think he compromises his recipes and he's writing for an audience that seems quite cynical (even if it is real, someone's buying all those books)

Butter chicken without the butter. Look. To anyone who needs that recipe. If you're so bent on having butter chicken that you're making it without butter, just use the fucking butter and have a walk about or something (Mango chutney in that recipe BTW hey it's food get experimental but let's not do surreal recipes it isn't the sixties)

His recipes are generally a (dodgy) version, rather than something that could be taken as definitive. It is perfectly possible to have variations on a dish that become a staple. Cheat's this or 20 minute that. Meaning you can't trust them, basically. If you need a go-to variation or recipe: you'd just never use his

I don't really get the discipline of his dishes. Make people healthy. Nice, your recipe comes with an agenda. Obviously he could cook me under the table but mate when I want to make lasagne I make lasagne not Cheat's lasagna or Jools' lasagna (he wields his missus' recipes like it's inclusive or something. That's nepotism, pal. Not really interested, but you have to fill those books somehow)

I'm sure he's misunderstood. Heart is probably in the right place and that. The books are clearly the main source of income; remember the little storm about him using taxpayer money to furlough staff?

He's a chef whose recipes I don't cook. And who seems to be more brand than man

Good on him for any good karma he's accrued along the way, but a celebrity chef whose food I don't trust is just a celebrity, and wow great he's famous what else is there to do

Jamie Oliver in his house, concocting healthy recipes to publish, for his possibly imaginary audience of poor people who can't cook. Chocolate cake without the chocolate or cake. The sort of chef who'd recommend a bowl of Coco Pops without milk

.... Wow, I am brutal when I wake up in the night lol

If that makes you angry then check out the carbonara that Gordon Ramsey made in that show he was doing from home during lockdown. Absolute disgrace.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2022, 06:17:20 am »
If that makes you angry then check out the carbonara that Gordon Ramsey made in that show he was doing from home during lockdown. Absolute disgrace.

Just had a look. What the fuck was that? Peas and garlic?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2022, 06:43:37 am »
Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled eggs recipe is the work of a madman, watch it and you'll genuinely be scratching your head in disbelief, one of the most simple things you can make, and he makes it into a poncey ego trip.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2022, 06:55:24 am »
Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled eggs recipe is the work of a madman, watch it and you'll genuinely be scratching your head in disbelief, one of the most simple things you can make, and he makes it into a poncey ego trip.

Yet another Ramsey recipe that's overegged

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2022, 07:19:14 am »
The proposed ban was for offers on unhealthy food.

Unsurprisingly dropping the ban is supported by Tory MPs, and probably the sugar industry.

In an ideal world, kids in poorer families would be eating healthy foods but the reality is, healthy foods are bloody expensive and all parents know kids cost a fortune these days, our two cost an absolute bomb in food. Blueberries are £2.60 for a tray that lasts a couple of days, raspberries are similar, strawberries about £2. Then, like Sian says, lots of families don't have the fridges to store fresh food and I've noticed the stuff sold in Aldi is on short use by dates and does not last more than a couple of days. When I pick up the stuff for the foodbank when shopping you see that stuff like soup, beans and tinned fish or meat is expensive and it's out of the affordability range of far too many families

We all eat crisps and chocolate bars, my kids take a bag and a bar a day to school as do most kids and its great for parents that you can buy two six pack bags for £2.50,rather than pay 80p a bag and 5 bars for a quid rather than a quid each. That's a difference of over £60 a month, which is huge for families on minimum wage.

Right now people are struggling and you have that evil c*nt Eustice going all Marie Antoinette and saying if you are struggling then buy value line products. Well guess what Mr fat fuck Oliver, junk food and multi buys are what mainly make up the value lines, these are loss leaders to get people into the stores, this is what those struggling are forced to buy. My kids need roughly 2800 calories a day each, the little gets are constantly eating and we spend a fortune on fresh chicken, eggs, fruit, milk and bread. I'd hate to think how we'd cope if we were bringing in a 3rd less money than we do.

Tesco made over £2 billion in profit last year, pressure should be put on the likes of them to lower prices of healthier foods and also work should be done to produce cheap but healthy ready meals for families.

There is a time and place for the ban, but now isn't it.

Oh and our kid is a trained chef and hates Jamie Oliver and his shite cooking.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2022, 07:44:46 am »
In an ideal world, kids in poorer families would be eating healthy foods but the reality is, healthy foods are bloody expensive and all parents know kids cost a fortune these days, our two cost an absolute bomb in food. Blueberries are £2.60 for a tray that lasts a couple of days, raspberries are similar, strawberries about £2. Then, like Sian says, lots of families don't have the fridges to store fresh food and I've noticed the stuff sold in Aldi is on short use by dates and does not last more than a couple of days. When I pick up the stuff for the foodbank when shopping you see that stuff like soup, beans and tinned fish or meat is expensive and it's out of the affordability range of far too many families

We all eat crisps and chocolate bars, my kids take a bag and a bar a day to school as do most kids and its great for parents that you can buy two six pack bags for £2.50,rather than pay 80p a bag and 5 bars for a quid rather than a quid each. That's a difference of over £60 a month, which is huge for families on minimum wage.

Right now people are struggling and you have that evil c*nt Eustice going all Marie Antoinette and saying if you are struggling then buy value line products. Well guess what Mr fat fuck Oliver, junk food and multi buys are what mainly make up the value lines, these are loss leaders to get people into the stores, this is what those struggling are forced to buy. My kids need roughly 2800 calories a day each, the little gets are constantly eating and we spend a fortune on fresh chicken, eggs, fruit, milk and bread. I'd hate to think how we'd cope if we were bringing in a 3rd less money than we do.

Tesco made over £2 billion in profit last year, pressure should be put on the likes of them to lower prices of healthier foods and also work should be done to produce cheap but healthy ready meals for families.

There is a time and place for the ban, but now isn't it.

Oh and our kid is a trained chef and hates Jamie Oliver and his shite cooking.

Some very valid points, however I was astounded by how cheap fruit and vegetables are in Ireland/UK compared to Australia.

As an alternative to fresh blueberries @ £2.60 for 150g why not buy frozen from £2.50 for 400g. Longer shelf life and much better value.

If the government wanted to help families via affordability and reducing childhood obesity they should remove all VAT from fresh food (vegetables, fruit, meat, cheese, fish, chicken, pulses) and throw that VAT onto junk food/soft drinks.