Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!  (Read 33745 times)

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #160 on: March 8, 2021, 07:22:21 am »
The royal family is a tourist industry in it's own right. People are obsessed with the pomp and ceremony. They are the context to the palaces, the castles, the events; and they bring it all to life for a lot of people.   I'd honestly be surprised if anything brought them down.

Certainly wont happen under a Tory government led by a gang of Etonian toffs. Their key to retaining influence is the class system that the royals subliminally enforce on the masses.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: March 8, 2021, 07:36:44 am »
Morgan is still ranting and has been since 630.  Nut job.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 8, 2021, 07:41:42 am »
Morgan on GMB is like a raving lunatic this morning re this.

I actually found it a bit sickening when he was getting praise for 'holding people to account'.  That prick cares about one thing, himself, it was never about asking the Government searching questions, it was about boosting his own ego.  The bloke is a vile arsehole, always has been, always will be.  He made his position re Megan abundantly clear a while back and is screaming like a child attempting to get himself out of a hole because if the accusations of racism are true, you can't defend them, despite him attempting to do that. 

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 8, 2021, 07:54:34 am »
I think you have to remember the American media has a glossy fairytale conception of the royal family. Most networks have a royal correspondent, often with ties to the tabloids. Their interest is mainly through the prism of wealth, glamour, celebrity, gossip, pomp and circumstance. Their approach doesn't provide any sense of institutional entrenchment or the backstabbing outside of The Crown. The hyperbolic U.S response is a byproduct of that.  But again, maybe this opens up a few eyes to see how much of a fossilized institition it is.

Although more likely the U.S. morning shows will focus on the family melodrama among the Windsors and Kate Middleton rather than than the links between the monarchy and the tabloids, or Harry's remarks about how the system works

They're also obsessed with race in the USA and it's kyptonite to many institutions to say otherwise.   It'll certainly galvanize the US audience behind it.  I don't think anyone will be too surprised by the claim though.

More broadly though, the NYT are running it as 'Duchless of Sussex hated Royal life so much she considered suicide', which during a pandemic may give a clue as to the trials and tribulations of the monied and connected person who have no real immediate practical concerns beyond where to spend your millions.  I'd assume a lot of support will be behind the Queen for this, the idea of going around with no money worries where your worst concern is the level of Royal engagements you are having .. having melt downs and snapping at staff whilst not really understanding the 'point' of Royal life, getting disillusioned, throwing the need to move to Canada front and centre before jetting off to L.A. and doing interviews with the biggest talk show hosts in the country where you call the Royal family institutionally racist - is going to go down like a lead balloon.

My personal feeling is this was mis-timed and six months later it'd be far more effective.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 8, 2021, 08:07:26 am »
Megan should have done some research and watched King Ralph.

Popcorn's Art

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 8, 2021, 08:08:38 am »
She also said they had two weddings.

Unfortunately she doesnt nail the Queen. Thats the head of hydra still intact.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #166 on: March 8, 2021, 08:44:12 am »
I actually found it a bit sickening when he was getting praise for 'holding people to account'.  That prick cares about one thing, himself, it was never about asking the Government searching questions, it was about boosting his own ego.  The bloke is a vile arsehole, always has been, always will be.  He made his position re Megan abundantly clear a while back and is screaming like a child attempting to get himself out of a hole because if the accusations of racism are true, you can't defend them, despite him attempting to do that.

Was never taken in by his questions to ministers.
He told everyone to vote Tory/Johnson
The gobshite was like lightning over to America to put his head up Trumps arse. Gave him an Arsenal shirt - like Trump knew who Arsenal are.
Remember phone hacking! That was why he skipped off to the states while it all cooled down.
Utter tabloid person.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #167 on: March 8, 2021, 08:45:26 am »
Morgan on GMB is like a raving lunatic this morning re this.

I read that as Meghan not Morgan, thought bloody hell how long was this interview?!?! But since it is Morgan he’ll carry on until at least next week.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #168 on: March 8, 2021, 08:56:15 am »
Really it is just a load of old bollocks. 2 privileged people who want to be out of the limelight  :o having a whinge about another group of privileged people. No one will come out of this well. All a bit daft and frankly 'unseemly' as they would say

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 8, 2021, 09:00:36 am »
Really it is just a load of old bollocks. 2 privileged people who want to be out of the limelight  :o having a whinge about another group of privileged people. No one will come out of this well. All a bit daft and frankly 'unseemly' as they would say

Accusations of racism and bullying someone into not getting treatment for mental health issues are a tad beyond 'having a whinge' in my opinion.

Offline I've been a good boy.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 8, 2021, 09:33:24 am »
Fuck the Royal Family. Always hated the way everyone fawn over them at their overly-lavish weddings. The mask has slipped, good on Megan and Harry to come out and reveal all this, although some name-dropping would have made it even more tasty.

Oh and keep crying Piers, you massive Tory twat.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 8, 2021, 09:43:25 am »

is that.... a threat?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #172 on: March 8, 2021, 09:57:57 am »
There is every chance they are withholding more information, perhaps keeping some things up their sleeve for the sake of their future. I heard they weren't paid for the Oprah interview? There could be an opportunity to monitize their next move, if they gain enough public sympathy from this and people now understand why they needed to do this and what's at stake i.e. their children's safety, their safety etc...

I commend them for getting out and calling them out. He has always hated the press - way before MM came along. I have more respect for him than any of them, I think. If respect is the right word.
JFT96.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 8, 2021, 10:07:17 am »
Baffled why some people in this country are so besotted by the royal family. What do they do for you? Read a speech written by someone else every Christmas? Have babies? Have massive expensive weddings that you pay for?

I honestly don’t get it.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 8, 2021, 10:19:03 am »
Thoughts and prayers as H&M have to retreat back to their $14m home.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 8, 2021, 10:30:06 am »
Man City vs. Man Utd as far as I'm concerned.  May they destroy each other.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 8, 2021, 10:37:27 am »
Baffled why some people in this country are so besotted by the royal family. What do they do for you? Read a speech written by someone else every Christmas? Have babies? Have massive expensive weddings that you pay for?

I honestly don’t get it.

A bit like religion, they are conditioned as kids.
My lads school were sent litter picking as "clean for the queen"
I complained, no problem with litter picking for the community, the environment but the Queen can jog on.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #177 on: March 8, 2021, 10:50:50 am »

As Majid Nawaz said on LBC yesterday, the only winner here will be Oprah.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #178 on: March 8, 2021, 11:22:53 am »
I think you have to remember the American media has a glossy fairytale conception of the royal family.

Kinda. Think it's more about how the media uses and is used for that though, especially the set piece interview as confessional leading to change. There's noone saying, 'Hold on a minute, a 36 year old man with a multimillion pound inheritance is complaining his dad doesn't pay for his stuff any more?'. 'My truth' and all that. Maybe the change projected will be more US-side than here, though people see what they want to see etc.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 8, 2021, 11:23:40 am »
The thing i find funny about the wedding admission is that if they wanted privacy then why did they have a second sham wedding and then a massive reception. Have the wedding private and then just have the reception.

Instead they threw a lavish wedding for the world to see.

However, that is kind of funny now seeing all the people who turned up and bought souvenirs of a sham.

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 8, 2021, 11:31:15 am »
I find it ironic that there will be outright racists out there who will be disgusted that the Royal Family are racist.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter me bro
« Reply #181 on: March 8, 2021, 11:33:36 am »
It's a shame this will be washed away in a news cycle or two. I wish more would open up about the monarchy and 'the firm' as it is a disgrace it still continues to reign.
YNWA.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #182 on: March 8, 2021, 11:46:16 am »

I honestly don’t get it.
same here, I couldn't give two tiny shits for any of them.  A total waste of oxygen and our money!
If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #183 on: March 8, 2021, 11:51:38 am »
Thoughts and prayers as H&M have to retreat back to their $14m home.

Exactly mate. Timing is also, I would say, ill advised. Middle of a pandemic with his Grandfather in hospital seriously ill and they talk about funding being cut off in the first quarter of 2020 so only has his mother's inheritance. Yeah, that multi million pound trust fund inheritance. It is also just so unnecessary. Just lead your quiet life that you apparently want. Is anyone going to be the least bit surprised that someone in his family made a racist reference ? Nope.

It fascinates me that they all create such strong views one way or the other. I am neither really a republican or a monarchist. It all doesn`t really mean a great deal to me or my everyday life. It is an archaic and outdated system but does it really wind me up - not really. Occasionally I read something I think that's mental and shouldn`t happen - such as the revelation a few months ago that the monarchy owns most of the "coast" of the UK so will benefit from the sales of the rights to build wind farms. Other than that, meh.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 8, 2021, 11:58:35 am »
I find it ironic that there will be outright racists out there who will be disgusted that the Royal Family are racist.

I mean the Duke of Edinburgh has spent his life making racist comments in public, and laughing about it.  The rest of the family have seemingly tolerated him making racist comments in public, and never called him out on it.

And we’re supposed to be shocked that these people may have made a racist comment in private?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 8, 2021, 12:11:16 pm »
I have no time for any of the royal family but Harry and Meghan just come across as fame-hungry hypocrites. If they don't want any royal responsibilities why don't they drop their titles instead of making money from them? Probably because there's no other reason anyone would care about a bland posh bloke and a D-list actress, certainly not to the extent they'd get big-money deals from Netflix and Spotify for what will almost certainly be vanity-based garbage.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #186 on: March 8, 2021, 12:11:43 pm »
Exactly mate. Timing is also, I would say, ill advised. Middle of a pandemic with his Grandfather in hospital seriously ill and they talk about funding being cut off in the first quarter of 2020 so only has his mother's inheritance. Yeah, that multi million pound trust fund inheritance. It is also just so unnecessary. Just lead your quiet life that you apparently want. Is anyone going to be the least bit surprised that someone in his family made a racist reference ? Nope.

It fascinates me that they all create such strong views one way or the other. I am neither really a republican or a monarchist. It all doesn`t really mean a great deal to me or my everyday life. It is an archaic and outdated system but does it really wind me up - not really. Occasionally I read something I think that's mental and shouldn`t happen - such as the revelation a few months ago that the monarchy owns most of the "coast" of the UK so will benefit from the sales of the rights to build wind farms. Other than that, meh.

This is my general view as well. My main reason for considering myself a Republican is because I think having a Monarchy indirectly (or directly?) seeps into the public consciousness in such a way as to make us backward looking and prone to cap-doffing.

If I didn´t feel this country was so hopelessly backward and classist, I wouldn´t give much of a shit about the Monarchy either way.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you want to build a snowman?
« Reply #187 on: March 8, 2021, 12:28:48 pm »

is that.... a threat?

Well The Firm had his mother murdered for shagging a 'darkie', so...
"Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 8, 2021, 12:30:36 pm »
Meanwhile, as the British Media demonise Harry and Meghan, they continue to give the Paedo Prince and his non-sweaty pits a free pass
"Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #189 on: March 8, 2021, 12:30:50 pm »
What have the royal family done that’s racist?

I’m just seeing this now...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 8, 2021, 12:34:39 pm »
What have the royal family done that’s racist?

I’m just seeing this now...

Some c*nt (Prince Phillip) asked Meghan how dark her child would be, in terms of skin colour.

Initially Harry was worried about whether there would be questions as to how ginger the baby would be.

Offline I've been a good boy.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 8, 2021, 12:37:48 pm »
Some c*nt (Prince Phillip) asked Meghan how dark her child would be, in terms of skin colour.

Initially Harry was worried about whether there would be questions as to how ginger the baby would be.
Is it confirmed that it was him? Though tbf he does seem the most likely out of the lot to ask that, the fucking zombie.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 8, 2021, 12:38:28 pm »

Ginger like Harry and his father you mean?

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #193 on: March 8, 2021, 12:39:13 pm »

:D

He’s definitely prime suspect.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 8, 2021, 12:45:57 pm »
Is it confirmed that it was him? Though tbf he does seem the most likely out of the lot to ask that, the fucking zombie.

So, in the same way as he said you'd get slitty eyed, was he worried you'd turn black if you sat with Meghan and Archie too long?

He's a dodgy fucker anyway, the queen was only 13 and him 18 when she "fell in love" with him - that's called grooming these days.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #195 on: March 8, 2021, 12:46:55 pm »

So is it Prince Phillip?

Is that a racist question? (I have a friend who asked pretty much the same question when she was pregnant)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tubby pls.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #196 on: March 8, 2021, 12:50:37 pm »
Harry didn't think to mention to Meghan that she should curtsy when meeting the queen, despite it being protocol and having previous girlfriends who would've done the same?

They're all a bunch of dickheads.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 8, 2021, 12:52:40 pm »
So is it Prince Phillip?

Is that a racist question? (I have a friend who asked pretty much the same question when she was pregnant)

For the average person, then it is, as far as I'm concerned, a normal question, but you just know with this lot it was because they didn't want a black baby in the family.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 8, 2021, 12:53:27 pm »
Reminds me of that awful front page the Heil came out with when Meghan gave birth

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 8, 2021, 12:54:17 pm »
So is it Prince Phillip?

Depends on the tone and context I think.

I have certainly discussed my nieces skin tone with my sister and my brother in law, who is black.