Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!  (Read 37024 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Mr Miyage.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« on: February 19, 2021, 11:34:19 pm »
Not a big fan of the old Royal Family and seeing the spluttering outrage from the Express and the Fail has really cheered me up today :)

Well in lids.
Sorry everyone. Likely to be off on a rant at the drop of an annoyed otter.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Re: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 08:40:23 am »
They keep calling out the usual suspects.

That'll do me.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 09:22:28 am »
Hollywood's Gavin & Stacey.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 09:23:29 am »
What did they do?  I don't really follow news, gossip, royals or faux royals.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:51 am »

Nothing.

Online Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 09:28:24 am »

Royals: *exist*

Public: *Swoons*

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 10:06:28 am »
Royals: *exist*

Public: *Swoons*

Ah, right. Gotcha. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 10:58:40 am »

Swapped queenie & media such as daily fail et al, and Uk climate to live in luxury in California it appears.  Can’t think why.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 11:53:22 am »
I’m no fan of any of them, including Meghan and Harry if I’m honest but is it really so news worthy?

They wanted to move to the US so they did. People complained (rightly in my opinion) about the amount of tax payers money it was costing to support them so they started earning their own money, and fair play to them for that. Both of these mean they can’t be ‘full time’ Royals, so they no longer are (which was inevitable after last years ruckus). They may not have the Royal positions, but as they pointed out they can still carry on doing charity work and support good causes. The good causes may change but there’s more then enough good causes for both the Windsors and Sussexes to support.

Everyone is getting more or less what they want, so what’s the issue?

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 12:05:54 pm »
Clark Griswold: There’s Buckingham Palace, kids. That’s where the Queen lives and works.

Audrey Griswold: Works? What does she do, Dad?

Clark Griswold: She queens… and vacuums.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 12:49:45 pm »
See the Kardashian's have out celebed them by announcing their divorce just to get on Oprah first.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 01:41:54 am »
Swapped queenie & media such as daily fail et al, and Uk climate to live in luxury in California it appears.  Can’t think why.

Why would anyone do that ;)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 06:57:27 am »
Who cares? Drop the titles and do one.

*I'm a Republican, and firmly believe in an elected head of state and Upper chamber.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 04:39:31 pm »
Who cares? Drop the titles and do one.

*I'm a Republican, and firmly believe in an elected head of state and Upper chamber.

Definitely agree about the elected Upper Chamber but dread to think who we'd elect as Head of State.

Probably Farage or someone from Geordie Shore.

Or Gwyneth Paltrow.

Online PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 06:04:13 pm »
I assumed this was going to be about Sir Kane and Megahn Raphinhoe
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 08:33:13 am »
Pay no attention to it as I couldn’t give a shit but credit to them for removing themselves from the tiresome shite that goes on in the royal family. The missus was watching that Netflix thing on Diana recently and could you imagine if she’d done what they’re doing back in the 90s? Would have been absolute murder, so credit to them for hopefully setting a precedent that it’s okay not to live like a ‘royal’ just because you’re born into it.

Quite like Meghan Markle as an actress to be honest, she was excellent in Suits.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 12:06:30 pm »
Im still amazed he managed to pull her

Also disgusted by the tabloids. I know they are racists, but i thought theyd go for a smarmy look-we-arernt-racist-weve-got-a-black-princess ooh-isnt-she-well-spoken-unlike-THEM type angle.
Seems like the Overton window has shifted.

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 12:21:22 pm »

Really?

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 12:28:35 pm »
Really?

“So what first attracted you to the millionaire prince...?”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 12:30:08 pm »

Also disgusted by the tabloids. I know they are racists, but i thought theyd go for a smarmy look-we-arernt-racist-weve-got-a-black-princess ooh-isnt-she-well-spoken-unlike-THEM type angle.
Seems like the Overton window has shifted.

Harry is quite a good looking kid, seems a decent sort and is, well, a Prince. It doesn't seem outlandish that he'd end up with her.

I don't mind either of them to be honest.  Fair play to her for standing up for herself and to him for putting his family first.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 12:30:18 pm »
“So what first attracted you to the millionaire prince...?”

“With the immense level of high profile and celebrity mates you will get just by being with him”.

Online PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 09:42:44 pm »
I'm puzzled that they are 'trying to get out of the limelight'. Yet working for Netflix. Why can't they just go work for McDonald's? I suppose that's totally unrealistic, but at least stay behind the cameras?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 09:45:20 pm »
I'm puzzled that they are 'trying to get out of the limelight'. Yet working for Netflix. Why can't they just go work for McDonald's? I suppose that's totally unrealistic, but at least stay behind the cameras?

For a couple who want privacy they certainly like to get publicity.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 09:48:36 pm »
For a couple who want privacy they certainly like to get publicity.
This.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 1, 2021, 07:00:53 am »
I can't say I much care about 'The Royals' (or 'former Royals), but neither of them seem like bad people. And given Harry's background and upbringing, that's probably far better than we might/could/should expect.

These arguments around publicity and limelight are just silly. Firstly, their options for the kind of income required for the upkeep of their security (and yes, to keep them in the style to which they are accustomed) is very limited. Secondly, there surely is a difference between types of publicity and limelight. I would suggest that being totally in control of how, through what outlets you use, and types of public appearances is quite different to that of a standard public outing as 'A Royal'.

Of course we could react by saying, they are privileged Royals - fuck 'em. But Harry was born into his family - he had no say in it. But as an adult, he wants out - well, as best he can manage at least.

I can't quite believe I am bothering to post about this - I do not follow the goings-on of celebrities (and Royals least of all). But a lot of what is posted here strikes me as silly and wholly absent of appreciating their circumstances (of birth). And given that, there is probably quite a lot to admire in the couple compared to both of their wider families.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2021, 07:02:36 am by Jiminy Cricket »
Just Elmo? - What have the EU deregulated?

diggerling! - The Market.

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 1, 2021, 08:37:51 am »
We all know that academically Harry didn't exactly shine, but he has served with distinction in the military and had the respect of his colleagues.

I think a wife like Megan is exactly what he needs. Someone savvy, and grounded in the real world.

I'm no fan of the royals, but he's showing more initiative than most of them. Publicity for them is inevitable, so why not at least have a say in how they're exposed to it?

I remember when him and William had to go out in front of hundreds of crying people because THEIR mum had been killed.  Terrible thing to expect of two teenage boys that they couldn't be allowed to grieve in peace.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2021, 08:41:42 am by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 1, 2021, 09:41:32 am »
It is quite possible to hate all of them without being branded a racist Royalist or a Royal hating snowflake.

The Queen and the monarchy are a gang of c*nts but Harry and Meghan are only getting this level of publicity because of Harry’s links to that shit institution. All of them are a bunch of leeches.

That said, I am definitely watching that interview. Hopefully there is some good gossip.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 1, 2021, 09:42:23 am »
I can't say I much care about 'The Royals' (or 'former Royals), but neither of them seem like bad people. And given Harry's background and upbringing, that's probably far better than we might/could/should expect.

These arguments around publicity and limelight are just silly. Firstly, their options for the kind of income required for the upkeep of their security (and yes, to keep them in the style to which they are accustomed) is very limited. Secondly, there surely is a difference between types of publicity and limelight. I would suggest that being totally in control of how, through what outlets you use, and types of public appearances is quite different to that of a standard public outing as 'A Royal'.

Of course we could react by saying, they are privileged Royals - fuck 'em. But Harry was born into his family - he had no say in it. But as an adult, he wants out - well, as best he can manage at least.

I can't quite believe I am bothering to post about this - I do not follow the goings-on of celebrities (and Royals least of all). But a lot of what is posted here strikes me as silly and wholly absent of appreciating their circumstances (of birth). And given that, there is probably quite a lot to admire in the couple compared to both of their wider families.

What exactly is there to admire?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #28 on: March 1, 2021, 09:53:33 am »

That said, I am definitely watching that interview. Hopefully there is some good gossip.

I’d rather watch the Britney Spears documentary!

Hopefully Mrs WLR is on a late shift when it comes on TV otherwise I fear she might make me watch it.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 1, 2021, 10:24:03 am »
What exactly is there to admire?
How do you think most people would turn out after the kind of upbringing Harry had? The fact that he appears to not be a monumental asshole is an accomplishment in the circumstances. That's all. Plus, I deliberately contrasted each of them with their wider, respective families. Or, perhaps, you feel that Harry (and you) are not in anyway a product of your upbringing.
Just Elmo? - What have the EU deregulated?

diggerling! - The Market.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30 on: March 1, 2021, 10:36:40 am »
This the same Harry that could have done anything with his wealth and status and decided to willingly sign up to go off and kill people abroad as a helicopter gunner?

Not as a means to get out of his small town and find work, pay bills, but because it sounded like an adventure.

Lovely fella.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 1, 2021, 10:59:45 am »
How do you think most people would turn out after the kind of upbringing Harry had? The fact that he appears to not be a monumental asshole is an accomplishment in the circumstances. That's all. Plus, I deliberately contrasted each of them with their wider, respective families. Or, perhaps, you feel that Harry (and you) are not in anyway a product of your upbringing.

I don't know about her family. In fact she hasn't done anything wrong and done what many people would do, which is cash in on his links. Of all the people involved in all this, she is completely fine.

He however, is just another Royal sponge. Yeah he went and joined the army (hardly a example of amazing public service, there are more pressing causes he could have helped with) and from his public profile he doesn't seem a massive dickhead. But he is a Royal leech, just like the rest of them.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
« Reply #32 on: March 1, 2021, 11:12:19 am »
This the same Harry that could have done anything with his wealth and status and decided to willingly sign up to go off and kill people abroad as a helicopter gunner?

Not as a means to get out of his small town and find work, pay bills, but because it sounded like an adventure.

Lovely fella.

Likes playing dress-up, I've heard.

Online Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 1, 2021, 11:16:08 am »
I wouldn't assume he isn't a monumental asshole - he has a team of PR people to make him look good.

Offline Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #34 on: March 1, 2021, 11:40:46 am »
I love that they piss off alot of the gammons in this country but appreciation thread? Fuck that.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 1, 2021, 11:42:36 am »
I love that they piss off alot of the gammons in this country but appreciation thread? Fuck that.

Yep.  They get right up Farage's nose, which is great!

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 1, 2021, 01:12:39 pm »

Lovely fella.

Not condoning it, but plenty of Royals have served in the armed forces.  You only have to look at his dad and (allegedly) nonce uncle.  I remember Prince Edward quit the marines after three days.

And like I said earlier, he seems to have earned the respect of those fighting alongside him, so whilst we can debate his motives for joining, he seems to have been someone other soldiers were prepared to trust their lives with. That's not a small matter.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 1, 2021, 01:57:43 pm »
They’ve played the game allright. Once William had his kids, Harry joined the rest of the leechers in the “minor royal and will never be king in any circumstances” crew. Married the 6th best actor from Suits and then “leaves” the family. (But is still funded via the money his dad steals from the Duchy of Cornwall. Just as bad as the rest of them.

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 1, 2021, 01:58:30 pm »
They’ve played the game allright. Once William had his kids, Harry joined the rest of the leechers in the “minor royal and will never be king in any circumstances” crew. Married the 6th best actor from Suits and then “leaves” the family. (But is still funded via the money his dad steals from the Duchy of Cornwall. Just as bad as the rest of them.

Shouldn't "dad" be in quotes as well? ;)

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 1, 2021, 02:39:06 pm »

Lovely fella.

Royals normally join the Military and at least he didn't shirk his responsibility and actually did 2 tours in Afghan until a certain rag blew the secrecy. He's heavily involved in the Invictus games. William also flew air sea rescue from RAF Valley and flew the East Anglian Air Ambulance for 2 years.

I'm no fan of the Monarchy at all, but at least this fella and his brother do things that benefit others, rather than just sit and do fuck all like the rest of them.