Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3462806 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #60840 on: August 1, 2021, 03:20:55 pm »
He passed away this morning. He was double jabbed but he tried his best to fight off this virus. He died gasping for air. RIP grandad.

Get the vaccine please.

Sorry for your loss mate. RIP

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #60841 on: August 1, 2021, 04:25:28 pm »
Has anyone had kids at nursery that have been asked to isolate as a close contact? If so, were you still expected to pay for their days off?

Fully understand the need to isolate, but what I find batshit crazy is that her sister, who goes to the same nursery, can still go in, which I think is just asking for a never ending cycle of outbreaks. Think we will take them both out though.

So when my daughters nursery closed for a week because they had a positive case, they gave us a free week the following month.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60842 on: August 1, 2021, 04:27:44 pm »
Novavax which is meant to be cheaper has somewhat stalled too, definitely a worry that they'll hike up their prices.

With so many of the viral vector vaccine (AZ, J&J, Sputnik, Sinovac) having problems and so some reluctance to use them, Pfizer and Moderna probably feel they can get away with it.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60843 on: August 1, 2021, 04:33:33 pm »
With so many of the viral vector vaccine (AZ, J&J, Sputnik, Sinovac) having problems and so some reluctance to use them, Pfizer and Moderna probably feel they can get away with it.
Problems?  Turns out the rate of blood clots is no higher than the mRNA vaccines (if the Lancet paper is right)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #60844 on: August 1, 2021, 05:49:57 pm »
Problems?  Turns out the rate of blood clots is no higher than the mRNA vaccines (if the Lancet paper is right)
It's the specific kind of clot it causes that is the problem I thought?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60845 on: August 1, 2021, 05:52:07 pm »
It's the specific kind of clot it causes that is the problem I thought?
I think it turns out not to be statistically significant
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #60846 on: August 1, 2021, 05:55:28 pm »
While I think it's fairly common for people to think that anti-vaxxers are completely dickheads, I've been watching a few videos and articles on the US unvaccinated and I have to say I do feel really sorry for them.

They've been massively lied to and manipulated and some of them are being interviewed on their deathbeds and are so desperate to have a chance to live and to go back and change their decisions.

It's tragic, but how many of them will be back watching Fox News again and fall down the same rabbit holes? Look at Boris. We're led to believe he was at deaths door last spring with Covid (he was at least in intensive care as a precaution and had a nasty bout of Covid). Yet months later Cummings quotes him as saying 'let the bodies pile high in their thousands' and 'we should never have locked down'. Therefore they're at best highly manipulated and at worst they are 'complete dickheads', even if they're humbled now in their hospital beds.

The media manipulation is very powerful. Even to the PM.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60847 on: August 1, 2021, 06:36:13 pm »

I was referring more to the bad publicity in general, the Sputnik one had issues with the viral vector being able to reproduce, the Sinovac one has in some studies produced quite questionable results etc
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60848 on: August 1, 2021, 07:38:10 pm »
I was referring more to the bad publicity in general, the Sputnik one had issues with the viral vector being able to reproduce, the Sinovac one has in some studies produced quite questionable results etc
Oh ok!
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60849 on: August 1, 2021, 07:48:42 pm »
According to the Times, everyone who’s getting a booster is getting a shot of Pfizer regardless of what they had for their first two doses.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60850 on: August 1, 2021, 07:49:28 pm »
According to the Times, everyone who’s getting a booster is getting a shot of Pfizer regardless of what they had for their first two doses.
Mixing doses is good. It gives you a wider variety of immunity
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60851 on: August 1, 2021, 07:51:09 pm »
Slightly terrifying that Hamilton says he is still suffering from the effects of covid.  Bloody hell
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60852 on: August 1, 2021, 07:58:10 pm »

Finally getting my Pfizer haha

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60853 on: August 1, 2021, 08:13:00 pm »
Finally getting my Pfizer haha

Yup, my thoughts exactly!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60854 on: August 1, 2021, 08:15:55 pm »
Slightly terrifying that Hamilton says he is still suffering from the effects of covid.  Bloody hell

He’s just after a blue badge for his Merc :D
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60855 on: August 1, 2021, 09:13:00 pm »

Would that be one shot or two?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60856 on: August 1, 2021, 09:19:49 pm »
Would that be one shot or two?
One booster shot.

You and I won’t be getting it.
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60857 on: August 1, 2021, 09:21:19 pm »
One booster shot.

You and I won’t be getting it.

I had the Pfizer vaccine.

Unlucky for the 40-50 year olds. You lot missed out.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60858 on: August 1, 2021, 09:24:56 pm »

I got AZ. Quids in…
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60859 on: August 1, 2021, 09:26:29 pm »

AZ is better than Pfizer in protection against the Delta variant...

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60860 on: August 1, 2021, 09:47:17 pm »

Well that’s shit.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #60861 on: August 1, 2021, 09:56:41 pm »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #60862 on: August 1, 2021, 09:58:47 pm »

Two shots of Pfizer vaccine were 88% effective at preventing symptomatic disease from the Delta variant.
Two shots of AstraZeneca vaccine were 67% effective at preventing symptomatic disease from the Delta variant.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891
:D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #60863 on: August 1, 2021, 10:07:47 pm »
Just a thought -Are vaccine deniers against other measures ensuring public health like clean drinking water, effective sewage and controlling pests like rats?

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #60864 on: August 1, 2021, 10:10:15 pm »

Not according to Public Health England, Pfizer offers better protection against the Delta variant.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60865 on: August 1, 2021, 10:11:24 pm »
Two shots of Pfizer vaccine were 88% effective at preventing symptomatic disease from the Delta variant.
Two shots of AstraZeneca vaccine were 67% effective at preventing symptomatic disease from the Delta variant.

This is good but I saw a study saying AZ was higher than that but typically can't find it now. Remember looking it up because we've been quoting the 33% for Moderna first dose in work despite my understanding of it being a lot higher than that. Either way there's 3 incredibly effective vaccines out on the market for us that will only get better when they've adapted to variants

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #60866 on: August 1, 2021, 10:56:35 pm »
Just a thought -Are vaccine deniers against other measures ensuring public health like clean drinking water, effective sewage and controlling pests like rats?
Don't try and apply logic with these people.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #60867 on: August 1, 2021, 11:09:22 pm »

I think that the picture is a bit more complex than the article portrays it. The Pfeizer vaccine loses some of its effectiveness six months after the second jab, and then the numbers would change quite a bit. Still early days...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60868 on: August 1, 2021, 11:48:38 pm »
These are people who refuse to wear masks and claim masks make people sick by depriving them of oxygen. They'll also vaccinate their dog, but when it comes to themselves...

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60869 on: August 1, 2021, 11:55:22 pm »
This is good but I saw a study saying AZ was higher than that but typically can't find it now. Remember looking it up because we've been quoting the 33% for Moderna first dose in work despite my understanding of it being a lot higher than that. Either way there's 3 incredibly effective vaccines out on the market for us that will only get better when they've adapted to variants

Pretty sure I read that on Twitter, was the one with the cartoon Avi who tweeted it I think.  I've just got my smell/taste back today and feel completely normal again(slight headache only).  Felt like I'd had the absoulte shit kicked outta me late on Friday up until about mid afternoon today.  First tested postive last Sunday and felt pretty much fine all week.

I was double AZ jabbed early last month, so I'm sure that helped.  The good lady still hasn't got her voice/taste or smell back and she's off back to work tomorrow(also d-jabbed).  The new normal!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60870 on: August 2, 2021, 06:51:00 am »

https://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/one_dose_of_azs_covid-19_vaccine_highly_effective_against_severe_disease_from_variants_1373510

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60872 on: August 2, 2021, 08:25:14 am »
It does feel like, thanks to the effectiveness of the vaccines and the hard work in rolling them out, that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can only speak for myself but I'm a lot more positive now but still haunted by the gloom of last Autumn and then the closure of schools after Christmas.

As the Beta variant seems to be the current bogeyman do you think a vaccine could be developed that would be more effective against it?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60873 on: August 2, 2021, 08:32:06 am »
It does feel like, thanks to the effectiveness of the vaccines and the hard work in rolling them out, that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can only speak for myself but I'm a lot more positive now but still haunted by the gloom of last Autumn and then the closure of schools after Christmas.

As the Beta variant seems to be the current bogeyman do you think a vaccine could be developed that would be more effective against it?
Aren’t the autumn boosters designed fire the beta variant? (Or did I just make that up?)
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #60874 on: August 2, 2021, 08:42:33 am »

There's a big crossover between anti-vaxx and the 'wellness' industry. Just 12 people are responsible for the bulk of vaccine misinformation including aresholes who money out of alternative health nonsense. The Centre for Countering Digital Hate identified them in this report:

https://252f2edd-1c8b-49f5-9bb2-cb57bb47e4ba.filesusr.com/ugd/f4d9b9_b7cedc0553604720b7137f8663366ee5.pdf

Mercola makes millions out of the gullible selling alternative remedies and supplements.

Robert F Kennedy Jr runs an organisation with the misleading name 'Children's Health Defence' which promotes a range of anti-vaccination nonsense.

Ty & Charlene Bollinger make money by selling books and DVDs about vaccines and COVID

Sherri Tenpenny is an osteopath (osteopathy is a bullshit treatment masquerading as medical science) who promotes lies and has live streamed with Andrew Wakefield.

Rizza Islam promoted the story about the vaccine making women infertile last June. he also promoted the idea that COVID can be treated with a non-dairy diet and spices.

Rashid Buttar ia another osteopath and conspiracy theorist promoting infertility scare stories.

Erin Elizabeth is Mercola's wife. She runs healthnutnews (sounds fun!) which sells a vast raange of bullshit 'alternative' products and also spreads mis-information about COVID, vaccines along with disgusting anti-semitic conspiracy theories.

Sayer Ji - another alternative health guru. He runs GreenMedInfo.com which sounds healthy and 'natural' but pushes vaccine disinformation and scare stories.

Kelly Brogan, Sayer Ji's partner. A practioner of 'holistic psychiatry' who sells books and videos on her website. She adds the letters MD after her name despite having no medical qualifications. She's linked to Paltrow's Goop and alos claimed there's no such thing as disease and that AIDS was actually caused by the medicine meant to treat it.

Christiane Northrup trained in obstetrics and gynaecology but embraced alternative medicine. She promotes HCQ and Ivermectin among the usual anti-vax garbage.

Ben Tapper a Chiropracter (Chiropracty is a bullshit treatment similar to osteopathy) who pushes the idea that the immune system is all we need. He claims that "there is a total lack of evidence that viruses can live outside the body..."

Kevin Jenkins. Anti-vaxxer who claims vaccines are "a conspiracy to wipe out black people".

The prevalence of alternative health gurus in the spreading of anti-vaccination stories is not a coincidence. Right-wing libertarianism is the other strong thread running through it. In other times these people would have stayed in the background in niche magazines and bookstores. Facebook, Twitter and other social media with their "if you like this you might also like this" algorithms have allowed the garbage put out by these nutters to spread like wildfire.

PIlates, veganism, a few turmeric tablets, dietary supplements, fasting... it's the appeal to nature vs 'big pharma' debate and it opens the door to the cranks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60875 on: August 2, 2021, 08:44:23 am »
That's saying exactly the same as the NEJM article.
Ah, sorry. Morning bleariness.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #60876 on: August 2, 2021, 08:45:16 am »
Aren’t the autumn boosters designed fire the beta variant? (Or did I just make that up?)

I think the AZ one is. Seems to be the variant the existing AZ particularly struggles with.

The RNA vaccines should be very straightforward to adapt - don't like the variant, simply change the message.

I imagine the challenge will be similar to developing flu vaccines, predicting which will be the dominant strain given the time needed for development and production.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #60877 on: August 2, 2021, 09:13:18 am »
Broadly agree with Alan's post, but isn't there room alongside pills for chiropractors and osteos. I'm not suggesting they cure covid but there's some ailments that they help alleviate the symptoms.
Veganism is often a better diet than many of us have. ( Though I guess it's more to do with willpower than the actual diet. If you can be a vegan, you can probably muster the discipline to have a better diet, whatever your it is). Decent diet and lack of obesity seems to help against covid.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60878 on: August 2, 2021, 09:14:33 am »
Broadly agree with Alan's post, but isn't there room alongside pills for chiropractors and osteos. I'm not suggesting they cure covid but there's some ailments that help.
Veganism is often a better diet than many of us have. ( Though I guess it's more to do with willpower than the actual diet. If you can be a vegan, you can probably muster the discipline to have a better diet, whatever your it is). Decent diet and lack of obesity seems to help against covid.
It’s like saying isn’t there room alongside buses and trains for invisible unicorns.  They don’t work.
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60879 on: August 2, 2021, 09:19:01 am »
It’s like saying isn’t there room alongside buses and trains for invisible unicorns.  They don’t work.

There's some good chiro's and osteo's out there but those are the ones who are pseudo-physios and prescribe decent exercise regimes rather than tell someone they need to come back every other week to get cracked and pulled at £80 a session.