Author Topic: PL: West Ham 0 v Liverpool 2 Mo 35' (p) Ox 52'  (Read 27969 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: PL: West Ham 0 v Liverpool 2 Mo 35' (p) Ox 52'
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2020, 11:59:41 pm »
I agree, how is that borderline?
I suppose if your brief is to create controversy wherever you can, unless a player is attacked from behind by hooded opposition with a machete, it's a 'borderline' decision. Well, unless the player concerned plays for a media darling club. Then, it's stonewall all day long.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #361 on: January 30, 2020, 12:08:05 am »
Just want this season to end now it’s getting boring.
It should last forever, it's incredible.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2020, 12:11:29 am »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2020, 12:20:15 am »

Was at the game opposite end from the away fans. Funereal atmosphere among the home fans, could only hear our fans for the whole game. Terrific support, proud to be a Liverpool fan. Didn’t get grief for celebrating our goals though to be fair I didn’t take the piss.

Totally professional performance from us, utterly stress free. Good to see Fab and Origi much improved from Sunday and Mo showed all the critics why he is so invaluable to us. Put in a real shift, gorgeous assist to Ox and could have had a hat-trick.

Comedy own goal effort from Trent.

The only downside was the bottleneck getting out of the ground even though a few thousand home fans left early. Given it was all built new for the Olympics it’s piss poor.

Can’t wait for Saturday. Will be “hammering” the F5 for a late ticket.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2020, 12:38:45 am »
We March on. Relentless Reds.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Bobbyf9kungfu

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2020, 12:55:15 am »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2020, 12:59:23 am »
Haha. I never want it to end

Just pulling your leg.  :)

It's a funny one for me. I both want this season to go on forever and ever because it's so unbelievably epic, but I also want it over tomorrow so I can see us with an armful of silverware and have the biggest party since, well ... last season after Big Ears.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2020, 01:03:04 am »

It's a funny one for me. I both want this season to go on forever and ever because it's so unbelievably epic, but I also want it over tomorrow so I can see us with an armful of silverware and have the biggest party since, well ... last season after Big Ears.  8)

Agreed. I don't so much want the season to be over because I'm enjoying watching this team play so so much. But, I certainly want to battle to be over. I want us to win this as soon as possible and play as many games as the "Crowned" champions as possible.

I love this team.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2020, 01:07:06 am »
Allison's saves have such an authority to them. When he gets a palm behind the ball it's more like an iron fist of contempt. He's been amazing since his return from injury.

Ox is our fourth highest goal scorer and he's also eclipsed his first season goal tally with us. His drive and ability to score from midfield or as a forward is invaluable and unique. He took that chance with aplomb this morning; a really nice counter attack.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2020, 01:12:06 am »

I know what you mean, i want the season to end to win that premier league title, but i also want it to carry on & on & on, can't believe we have 70 points & we're only at the end of January, the times we've been in Man Utd's current position, end up being lucky to get even close to 70 points, completely bonkers. ::).
#Sausages

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2020, 01:35:09 am »
Remember when we couldn't keep clean sheets? Well we've conceded just once in our last 9 league games now.  8)

Alisson now joint top keeper with 8 clean sheets. All from the last 9 games.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Bobbyf9kungfu

• Main Stander
« Reply #371 on: January 30, 2020, 01:45:31 am »

Haha I know. Lots of emotions at the moment, I know I’ll breakdown when we win it even tho we’ve looked like winning it for a while. The day we win it there’ll be a bit of a party I reckon.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: January 30, 2020, 01:51:16 am »
Absolutely amazing team

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2020, 02:27:39 am »
Haha I know. Lots of emotions at the moment, I know I’ll breakdown when we win it even tho we’ve looked like winning it for a while. The day we win it there’ll be a bit of a party I reckon.

We've won the league 13 times in my lifetime, but I tell you what ... if we pull this off this season I'll celebrate this more than I ever have anything else. To be honest, I'm a Big Ears fan above all else. That big, beautiful shiny masterpiece means everything to me, but because it's been so long for the league title, I just want this so very much. I think the Premier League Trophy is a gaudy dog's dinner of a thing, but it's the title of League Champions I want above all else this season. The fact it will be so richly deserved will be so satisfying too. To be English, European and World Champions all in the same calendar year would be simply the most magnificent feeling ever.

There was a party last season, but if we lift the title then it will be off the scale.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #374 on: January 30, 2020, 02:34:14 am »
qoute of the day, from a youtuber comment from the match highlights:

Origi: receives a Killer Instinct ultra combo
Commentator: “that’s borderline!”

:lmao
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2020, 02:37:37 am »
We've won the league 13 times in my lifetime, but I tell you what ... if we pull this off this season I'll celebrate this more than I ever have anything else. To be honest, I'm a Big Ears fan above all else. That big, beautiful shiny masterpiece means everything to me, but because it's been so long for the league title, I just want this so very much. I think the Premier League Trophy is a gaudy dog's dinner of a thing, but it's the title of League Champions I want above all else this season. The fact it will be so richly deserved will be so satisfying too. To be English, European and World Champions all in the same calendar year would be simply the most magnificent feeling ever.

There was a party last season, but if we lift the title then it will be off the scale.

I understand this completely. I was born in 1952 so the championship-winning years of 1964 and 1966 I have only read about. But I have seen all eleven since then and what is coming in the next few weeks will easily dwarf anything that has gone before because ... we have waited soooooooooo long and we want it soooooooooo much.

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
« Reply #376 on: January 30, 2020, 02:38:05 am »
Sooo...

We've beaten all 19 teams in the prem this season..19 points clear marching on to No19  8)

There's rather a nice symmetry to all that, isn't there? 8)
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2020, 02:40:00 am »
Remember when people thought we would struggle for top 4 as we didn't sign anyone in the Summer! :lmao

We signed Adrian and people thought free transfer are supposed to be shit.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: January 30, 2020, 03:25:34 am »
The Jürgenaut rolls on and on...

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2020, 03:38:16 am »
:wellin

Well done for getting my favourite band and my favourite albums into an LFC thread.

You could have squeezed 'The Top' in seeing as we are sitting pretty up there, and also 'Disintegration' as a nod to Abu Dhabi FC.  ;D

ah, a man of refined taste 8)

I'd say our current predicament also feels Just Like Heaven ;)

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2020, 03:58:55 am »
I can understand why Kloppo wasn't that pleased with our performance. Yeah - that's how far we've come.

We have become sloppy - some from lethargy (fullbacks / Gini) and some from players coming back from injury (Fab). Good thing we have Ali who was again a monster as our last line of defence. What a goalie!

With the controversial winter break coming up, hopefully the players will regroup & sharpen up. The positive thing is we have players coming back from injuries who will definitely help our cause especially when we have CL to contend with soon.

What a team! Roll on

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2020, 04:40:58 am »
Anyone got a clip of Virgil ushering Snodgrass away from our box :lmao

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2020, 05:26:03 am »
Good to see Curtis Jones having some play time. He'll be the next one from the Academy to come through like TAA

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2020, 06:47:11 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ishzMaNNpDo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ishzMaNNpDo</a>

"Borderline" penalty  As he's taken out by not one but two two West Ham players :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

They really don't like us do they  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2020, 06:51:42 am »
Good to see Curtis Jones having some play time. He'll be the next one from the Academy to come through like TAA

We looked much more dangerous when he came on I thought. Coincided with a real spell of opportunities (e.g. Salah hitting post)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2020, 07:37:23 am »
Incredible, we're 6 games clear.   ;D
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
PL: West Ham 0 v Liverpool 2 Mo 35' (p) Ox 52'
« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2020, 07:45:17 am »

Is Trent going to need a new song?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:20:00 am by smutchin »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2020, 07:56:57 am »
The man's mental. He thought there was a handball by Bobby.

"I thought with the penalty [there was a bit of lady luck] if it hits the hand and it leads to a goal [it doesn't stand] but now they are telling me if it leads to a penalty it's okay. I think they're making up the rules as they go along. - Gollum
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2020, 08:00:52 am »
Decent game. We did what we had to do, even if we tried to help them get on the scoresheet. Fab's giveaway and Gini's. I agree with Klopp's assessment that it was a normal game, but we can do better, especially defensively. 

Alisson or Salah my MOTM.

Also, for all the stick Henderson gets (me included) it's nice to have someone like him that can cover different positions and give us some tactical flexibility. He did finish the game at RB right?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2020, 08:01:17 am »
Another random thing, and commented after other games, but do love the players coming off the pitch and thinking about how to improve. Listening to Ox here saying where he felt they'd struggled in the first half and what they need to improve on. Bloody impressive to get them all working towards that on their own.

"Leadership is the ability to get other people to do the things that you want done because they want to  do them.": Dwight D. Eisenhower
Now, who does that quote remind you of???? Hmmm? Our manager perhaps? He has instilled a superb attitude in this group of men, hasn't he? Leading us on to glory!

Remember "Rafa's Red Crushing Machine"? This team should be called "Klopp's Red Krushing Machine". Fucking relentless..... 8)
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2020, 08:02:02 am »
Incredible, we're 6 games clear.   ;D
Now that we guaranteed a Europa league spot already, rest of the season will be boring now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #391 on: January 30, 2020, 08:24:55 am »
XG I saw was 0.8 vs 2.6

A very dominant display
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #392 on: January 30, 2020, 08:33:01 am »
I am extremely proud of our players and club.

"borderline..." !? Eh?
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #393 on: January 30, 2020, 08:37:10 am »
Relentless Reds - West Ham gave everything they had and for the first 30 minutes they matched our intensity brilliantly. But then the difference became bigger and bigger between the two sides. Just purely physically, they were unable to keep up. The Reds kept running and gunning, and West Ham faltered badly. We could and should have made this a 4-0 score, but we were happy to take the clean sheet and rest for Southampton. Professional performance by a top team.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #394 on: January 30, 2020, 08:38:53 am »
I’d like to think George will give it a spin at the right moment.

That would be pretty amazing.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #395 on: January 30, 2020, 08:45:17 am »
It isnt difficult to allow ourselves to get wound up by the constant sniping. The bullshit 'handball' and being manhandled in the box as 'borderline' (for a team that gets very few penalties for its dominance). We see it almost every game now. Pundits finding new ways to play down this team or say we were in some way 'lucky.'

However, I'm enjoying the meltdown and the taste of their salty tears  :lickin

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #396 on: January 30, 2020, 08:48:39 am »
West Ham were one of the poorest sides we have faced in ages.

They didn't have a plan and lack pace. Moyes is a bizarre Manager - high opinion of himself for someone that hasn't won anything.

We coasted through it in all honesty.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2020, 08:51:08 am »
West Ham were one of the poorest sides we have faced in ages.

They didn't have a plan and lack pace. Moyes is a bizarre Manager - high opinion of himself for someone that hasn't won anything.

We coasted through it in all honesty.
And in 3 weeks we have them again , they are shite and with their fixtures up and coming will be a relegation candidate , lets welcome Gollum back to Anfield with open arms
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2020, 08:53:35 am »

To be fair, he's got a point about the rules. I don't think Firmino handballed it today so he's wrong there, but I was amazed when they said Bernado's handball didn't impact on the penalty decision we had against City.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #399 on: January 30, 2020, 09:05:02 am »
Is Trent going to bed a new song?

Don't you worry. Trent is bedding plenty at the moment.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019