Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1389259 times)

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #8000 on: June 18, 2021, 11:00:08 pm »
Am amazed that amidst all the cry-arsing over the Kane substitution after a shite 160+ minutes in the last 2 games, not one commentator has mentioned yet how average England look and how they miss TAA's creativity. Watch England's last match versus Belgium. Trent made a huge difference to the attack but got zero credit, and then got slaughtered for the goal they conceded plus the fact he got subbed after 70 mins. He's one of England's best, yet the media tell a totally different story.
 ;D

Because these dick heads do not have a clue about football. No understanding whatsoever.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8001 on: June 19, 2021, 01:04:15 am »
Doubt Trent would look that much better, there seem to be clear strategy to not put crosses into the box.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #8002 on: June 19, 2021, 09:42:57 am »
Sporting a new look is Trent Alexander Aubameyang
He don't look bad. He can pull that off. Certainly looks a bit older with that style.

But I thought his mildly, wild wind-swept afro look was more HIM, and suited him more.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8003 on: June 28, 2021, 03:50:41 pm »
This is fun. It uses Trent as an example for scouting/profiling using analytics tools.
https://statsbomb.com/2021/06/using-statsbomb-iq-for-player-recruitment-full-backs/
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8004 on: July 30, 2021, 04:59:47 pm »
Trent signs new long term contract.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1421138064487890950

You love to see it.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8005 on: July 30, 2021, 05:01:45 pm »
Brilliant news.

Supposedly it's a new 4 year contract that makes him one of the highest earners at the club. When people talk about where our resources go, this is part of the answer. Retaining out top talent and maximising their value through their peak years.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8006 on: July 30, 2021, 05:02:10 pm »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8007 on: July 30, 2021, 05:02:45 pm »
Brilliant news.

Supposedly it's a new 4 year contract that makes him one of the highest earners at the club. When people talk about where our resources go, this is part of the answer. Retaining out top talent and maximising their value through their peak years.

Was he in any danger of leaving? Surprised it's only 4 years.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8008 on: July 30, 2021, 05:03:01 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1421138422765441034

Trent Alexander-Arnold has become one of #LFC's highest wage earners with a new four-year contract.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8009 on: July 30, 2021, 05:03:40 pm »
Brilliant news.

4 years would be good, because his next one would take him to the end of his peak years and that's how you want contracts to be.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8010 on: July 30, 2021, 05:05:10 pm »

It's not about him just being in danger of leaving but also rewarding his performances with a pay raise.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8011 on: July 30, 2021, 05:05:13 pm »

Are you suggesting we didn't give him the right length of contract or that a new contract wasn't needed due to that fact he wasn't;t going to leave anyway?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8012 on: July 30, 2021, 05:05:54 pm »
Are you suggesting we didn't give him the right length of contract or that a new contract wasn't needed due to that fact he wasn't;t going to leave anyway?

And if so, it's puzzling considering you want to reward your best performers i.e. giving them more money. It's not about just extending the time here at the club.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8013 on: July 30, 2021, 05:06:18 pm »
4 years would be good, because his next one would take him to the end of his peak years and that's how you want contracts to be.

Peak years as a RB Gerry, plenty of peak years left in midfield after that  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8014 on: July 30, 2021, 05:08:02 pm »

No he 100% deserves the new deal obviously. On about length of the contract. Isn't 5 years usually the norm these days?

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8015 on: July 30, 2021, 05:08:45 pm »

Agree completely. Next contract extension will be when he's 25/26 and could well be a 4 or 5 year contract that confirm him as a Liverpool player into his early 30's (at least).

Trent has been brilliant for us and is absolutely pivotal to how we play. The back end of the season was recent proof of this. He's one of our most important players and deserves to be a high wage earner in this squad.

New contracts for the likes of TAA, Alisson, Fabinho and Salah/Mane are probably as important factors in our short to mid-term success than transfers (probably more important to be fair).

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #8016 on: July 30, 2021, 05:13:18 pm »
I reckon we should do what they do in Spain sometimes, give them an 8 year contract with a release clause set at 700 million or something  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8017 on: July 30, 2021, 05:13:44 pm »
Trent's new deal brings him into the same wage bracket as Virgil van Dijk, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino. Making him one of the highest earners at Liverpool

[@TheAthleticUK]

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #8018 on: July 30, 2021, 05:17:58 pm »
Well in lad.

A scouser in our team.. :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8019 on: July 30, 2021, 05:18:30 pm »
https://twitter.com/TrentAA/status/1421139288352337924

Signed and sealed. Red born and bred 2025.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8020 on: July 30, 2021, 05:20:19 pm »

When they sign extensions they will be on more again I assume
 Trent on £200k ish then. Not bad for a 22 year old!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8021 on: July 30, 2021, 05:22:01 pm »
Something around that. His previous deal was a measly 60K p/w.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8022 on: July 30, 2021, 05:32:36 pm »
No he 100% deserves the new deal obviously. On about length of the contract. Isn't 5 years usually the norm these days?

I wouldn't;t be surprised if it ends up being a 4 year contract with the option of another year.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #8023 on: July 30, 2021, 05:36:08 pm »
Brilliant player with so many great feats ahead of him.

By the time the next World Cup (and season) is over I expect Southgate to have eaten so much humble pie
he will look like Razor Ruddock.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8024 on: July 30, 2021, 05:39:27 pm »
Presumably the 4 year length is at Trent's request so he has a new contract in 2 rather than 3 years time.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8025 on: July 30, 2021, 05:40:47 pm »
Fantastic news and hopefully the first of many this summer.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8026 on: July 30, 2021, 05:43:08 pm »
Well in Trent, he has certainly earned it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8027 on: July 30, 2021, 05:43:59 pm »
Presumably the 4 year length is at Trent's request so he has a new contract in 2 rather than 3 years time.

Probably. His old deal went until 2024 so this is only a 1 year extension with payrise.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8028 on: July 30, 2021, 05:50:18 pm »
Nice one lad, well earned
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8029 on: July 30, 2021, 06:02:48 pm »
Weird that it’s only 4 years to be honest.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8030 on: July 30, 2021, 06:12:47 pm »
Weird that it’s only 4 years to be honest.

Is it that weird? 5 years is pretty much the max that you get in England.

The rate he’s improving he probably will want improved terms within a couple years.

Is it 4 years from now or 4 years in addition to whatever was left on his contract?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8031 on: July 30, 2021, 06:13:39 pm »
It's essentially a one year extension. Just with a massive pay upgrade.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8032 on: July 30, 2021, 06:36:20 pm »
Well in Trent, he has certainly earned it.

Yep, phenomenal footballer.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8033 on: July 30, 2021, 07:00:03 pm »
It's essentially a one year extension. Just with a massive pay upgrade.

Yes I see it's a reward for being brilliant the last few years rather than a new long term contract extension.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8034 on: July 30, 2021, 07:25:44 pm »
I would imagine the length of extension has as much to do with the age he’ll be at the end of it as anything else.

He’ll be 26 at the end of this deal which is pretty much the perfect time for negotiating a new deal, if he continues on his current trajectory he’ll be able to say that we’re getting the peak years of one of the best players in the world and of course the salary will reflect that.

I would have thought that they’ll be a look at Gini’s situation and a desire to avoid that from both camps which may have something to do with the longevity of the deal.

Irrespective of the above it’s great to have him committed here for longer (not that it was ever really in doubt in Trent’s case) and hopefully the first of a few this summer so that we can start the season fresh and settled being able to park the contract stuff for a couple of years in terms of our main lads.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 07:31:01 pm by Jm55 »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8035 on: July 30, 2021, 07:50:35 pm »
Nothing needs to be added about his attributes and why he shouldn't be amongst our top earners.

I'm just made up for Trent and hopefully he'll get at least a league, FA Cup and hopefully a CL in the next 4 years.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8036 on: July 30, 2021, 07:51:14 pm »
Contract offered quickly...

Well in lad
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8037 on: July 30, 2021, 08:32:31 pm »
First of several player renewals I think.

The dichotomy of the situation is funny - people demand we keep our star players - and then get mad when we don’t shine tons of shiny new talent.

It’s not as mutually exclusive as people think with our resources.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8038 on: July 30, 2021, 08:45:13 pm »

people demand we keep our star players - and then get mad when we don’t shine tons of shiny new talent.

We do seem to be looking for unpolished gems we might buff up...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8039 on: August 12, 2021, 08:32:25 am »
Courtesy of Simon Hughes in his Athletic article, here’s a 47 minute Red Bull-created documentary about work he’s done on his vision.

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/films/trents-vision
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422