Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2607541 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #25520 on: June 25, 2021, 11:19:25 am »
Nor did I! What the fuck did I just write, and how does my phone know that word. :D

I think your phone was being stupid.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25521 on: June 25, 2021, 11:28:58 am »
I think FSG have shown a small degree of sentimentality but not enough to suggest they'd go for Gerrard ahead of other candidates because of what he did for us as a player.  I think he'd tick a lot of boxes for them but they will have seen the difference between a fans' favourite with limited management experience (Lampard) and a more experienced/talented manager (Tuchel).

I just hope that whenever the sad day comes that Klopp does go we don't end up in a farce like Spurs, Everton and Palace or appoint someone based on "DNA" like Man U.  Klopp was the best decision FSG made by some distance and if they could repeat the trick we'd be set for a great decade!

There are no other coaches like Klopp. I think it's inevitable that when he goes, we'll look a bit shit for a while.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25522 on: June 25, 2021, 12:00:18 pm »
There are no other coaches like Klopp. I think it's inevitable that when he goes, we'll look a bit shit for a while.

I think a lot of people felt the same when Shankly retired. But we don't need a new Klopp, just someone wise, canny and able to build on his foundations rather than have the ego to tear it all up because he thinks he can build something better.

LFC was about having the humility to respect what same before whilst having the ability to carve your own distinct nice that still honoured that.

I'd be really interested to see if Gerrard ever gets offered a coaching role at the club. Say, the reserves, or under 23s.  I love that he is learning for himself, but he must surely like the idea of learning from a man like Jurgen.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25523 on: June 25, 2021, 12:01:38 pm »
He'll be fucking well interviewing himself on MOTD

In fourth wall person...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25524 on: June 25, 2021, 12:14:57 pm »
I think a lot of people felt the same when Shankly retired. But we don't need a new Klopp, just someone wise, canny and able to build on his foundations rather than have the ego to tear it all up because he thinks he can build something better.

LFC was about having the humility to respect what same before whilst having the ability to carve your own distinct nice that still honoured that.

I'd be really interested to see if Gerrard ever gets offered a coaching role at the club. Say, the reserves, or under 23s.  I love that he is learning for himself, but he must surely like the idea of learning from a man like Jurgen.

I think a huge advantage that the club had back then, was that there was no extensive analytics or video scouting or really any of that. I believe Liverpool were good because analysis and imitation of good practices was nigh on impossible. That's why dominance was able to continue through 4 managers and why that sort of dynastical dominance is unlikely nowadays.

Just an opinion though.

I believe the only real way to hand over success is with continuity. If (and a huge IF) Gerrard was to be our next manager, I think it would do us and him good if he came on as an assistant manager for a year or two as Klopps contract runs out. That way the majority of the methods and club staff would either remain the same, or change in a smooth transition.

It'll never happen, like anywhere, but I love the idea of it.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25525 on: June 25, 2021, 12:15:29 pm »

You'd want him to go from managing a club that is in the champions league to our U23s?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #25526 on: June 25, 2021, 12:18:49 pm »

?
Gerrard was a youth manager for about a year under Klopp earlier in his reign.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25527 on: June 25, 2021, 12:23:55 pm »
the reserves, or under 23s.
one and the same.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25528 on: June 25, 2021, 12:25:35 pm »

You must know that's not a remotely good idea, and of course never going to happen, right? I know Scottish football isn't the best but I doubt even we're arrogant enough to think coaching our U23s is a step up from coaching the Scottish champions :D

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #25529 on: June 25, 2021, 12:28:52 pm »

He was a youth coach and manager for a year and a half here under Klopp.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #25530 on: June 25, 2021, 12:46:05 pm »
Klopp took over at Mainz while still playing (I think it was 2 or 3 players) then became manager after retiring from footy, after two or three attempts got them to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history, qualified for the UEFA, got relegated, couldn't get promotion, resigned then moved on to Dortmund - back to back Bundesliga titles, German cup and Super cup, Dortmund great to watch and I thought should have beaten Bayern in the CL Final.

I think there was just something "about" Klopp that felt like Liverpool was perfect for him, I honestly didn't think we'd get him, was delighted when I got told he was going to be our next boss.

If you haven't already, read or listen to Raphael Honigstein's biography of Klopp. There's always been so much more to Klopp and it was there to see for anyone who was able to see it. He was the manager on the pitch at Mainz and there were things like his TV punditry, which was on another level. 

And on the other side, FSG didn't employ him for the obvious reasons - they looked at stats and underlying trends in his last [failed] season at Dortmund as much as the trophies. They'll do the same with the next candidate. What I don't think they'll be worried about is "patience with the fans and better feel good around the club". 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25531 on: June 25, 2021, 02:48:18 pm »
There's something rather satisfyingly meta about a Spurs thread being taken over by a discussion on Liverpool's succession practices/possibilities.

Know your place, Spurs.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline chrissycc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25532 on: June 25, 2021, 05:46:31 pm »
Bit harsh - it was only a couple of months back when Spurs were firmly at the top table of European football....  ;D

https://twitter.com/Chrissy_Collins/status/1384833049767120896?s=20

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25533 on: June 25, 2021, 10:42:18 pm »
Scott Parker will be ready to take over though

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25534 on: June 25, 2021, 10:46:00 pm »
Scott Parker will be ready to take over though
They certainly need his gallantry, England's Brave Scotty Parker.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25535 on: June 25, 2021, 10:46:48 pm »
Bit harsh - it was only a couple of months back when Spurs were firmly at the top table of European football....  ;D

https://twitter.com/Chrissy_Collins/status/1384833049767120896?s=20
I can't remember Liverpool ever winning the "Almost challenging for the League 15/16 Cup".

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25536 on: June 25, 2021, 11:09:48 pm »
You'd want him to go from managing a club that is in the champions league to our U23s?

Not now.  He has years yet to cut his teeth. 

He was a youth coach and manager for a year and a half here under Klopp.

?
Gerrard was a youth manager for about a year under Klopp earlier in his reign.

You must know that's not a remotely good idea, and of course never going to happen, right? I know Scottish football isn't the best but I doubt even we're arrogant enough to think coaching our U23s is a step up from coaching the Scottish champions :D

It wouldn't be the first time that a coach/assistant went off to manage and then returned to that role afterwards.  And after several years at Rangers, as well as potentially another club, he'd be a very different coach to the one who left - as indeed Klopp has become, as he adapted his heavy metal football approach into something far more nuanced and devastating.

These are two men who love learning about the game and always seeking to improve.  Gerrard rejoining the club as an understudy to share and exchange what he's learned with Klopp makes perfect sense to me.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 11:12:33 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25537 on: June 25, 2021, 11:20:27 pm »
I would think the best thing Gerrard can do next is coach somwhere else in the premier league.

Anyway, whats the latest on Spurs’ manager hunt soap opera, the Nuno talk went quiet again?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25538 on: June 25, 2021, 11:47:22 pm »
Not now.  He has years yet to cut his teeth. 

It wouldn't be the first time that a coach/assistant went off to manage and then returned to that role afterwards.  And after several years at Rangers, as well as potentially another club, he'd be a very different coach to the one who left - as indeed Klopp has become, as he adapted his heavy metal football approach into something far more nuanced and devastating.

These are two men who love learning about the game and always seeking to improve.  Gerrard rejoining the club as an understudy to share and exchange what he's learned with Klopp makes perfect sense to me.

What's the next step in coaching? Attack patterns and pressing patterns appear to be the current cutting edge, with multiple players taking different positions and making different runs trusting that other players will be doing the same. Kind of like the patterns seen in American Football, but starting fluidly and continuing fluidly.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25539 on: June 26, 2021, 12:12:40 am »
What's the next step in coaching? Attack patterns and pressing patterns appear to be the current cutting edge, with multiple players taking different positions and making different runs trusting that other players will be doing the same. Kind of like the patterns seen in American Football, but starting fluidly and continuing fluidly.

I don't know.  I'm not a coach.  But as a person, I think it's perfectly human that if Gerrard fancies a crack at the Liverpool job he would want to come back to the club in some capacity whilst Klopp is still here.  Things have changed since he left. 

I'm not saying I'm right, and people are of course perfectly free to disagree with my uneducated opinion. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #25540 on: June 26, 2021, 12:21:08 am »
pep Ljinders has had a lot more time working closely alongside Jurgen than Gerrard did. i do wonder if there's possibly some form of succession planning going on. Pretty sure they squad would trust him implicitly as he's already so involved with them...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25541 on: June 26, 2021, 01:13:08 am »
pep Ljinders has had a lot more time working closely alongside Jurgen than Gerrard did. i do wonder if there's possibly some form of succession planning going on. Pretty sure they squad would trust him implicitly as he's already so involved with them...

I'm on the Pep train.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #25542 on: June 26, 2021, 04:09:59 am »
Sacking Mourinho to hire Nuno would be delicious. Heads will fall off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25543 on: June 26, 2021, 05:43:50 am »

I would hope not,Stevie has far more experience at the top level and hasn't failed like Pep did in the Dutch 2nd div.

Crazy shout imo.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #25544 on: June 26, 2021, 08:33:37 am »
Stevie + Pep as assistant manager then. Everybody wins
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25545 on: June 26, 2021, 10:31:14 am »
I would hope not,Stevie has far more experience at the top level and hasn't failed like Pep did in the Dutch 2nd div.

Crazy shout imo.
Not as a coach he doesn't. Ljinders has been coaching since 2002. And each club (PSV, Porto, Liverpool) are higher level clubs than Rangers (I know he's obviously not managing the first team).

Stevie has more games under his belt as a manager, but to say he has far more experience at the top level is doing a huge disservice to Ljinders who has been working at a vastly higher level than the Scottish league for three years.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25546 on: June 26, 2021, 12:16:21 pm »
Not as a coach he doesn't. Ljinders has been coaching since 2002. And each club (PSV, Porto, Liverpool) are higher level clubs than Rangers (I know he's obviously not managing the first team).

Stevie has more games under his belt as a manager, but to say he has far more experience at the top level is doing a huge disservice to Ljinders who has been working at a vastly higher level than the Scottish league for three years.

Stevie has been captain for one of the biggest sides in the world for years,coached our kids,moved to Rangers and totally rebuilt the club,went a whole season unbeaten whilst scoring 102 goals playing with style and only shipping 13.He also took them further in Europe than anybody expected.

Pep went to Holland and to put it bluntly failed,some people are not cut out for the top job & nothing Pep has done would put him as a contender for ours.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25547 on: June 26, 2021, 12:21:59 pm »
Stevie has been captain for one of the biggest sides in the world for years,coached our kids,moved to Rangers and totally rebuilt the club,went a whole season unbeaten whilst scoring 102 goals playing with style and only shipping 13.He also took them further in Europe than anybody expected.

Pep went to Holland and to put it bluntly failed,some people are not cut out for the top job & nothing Pep has done would put him as a contender for ours.

Managing and playing at the highest level are two completely different animals.

And, yes, Pep failed in his one managerial stint although it's probably not as black and white as just saying that he failed. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25548 on: June 26, 2021, 12:31:06 pm »

And, yes, Pep failed in his one managerial stint although it's probably not as black and white as just saying that he failed.

Point being that Stevie has had far more experience at the top of the game & out of the two when it comes to managing us Stevie has the better CV & that's now,he will have a few more years before it even becomes a serious question.Peps experience before coming to us was mainly working with youth set ups.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25549 on: June 26, 2021, 02:11:12 pm »
How much managerial experience did Paisley have?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25550 on: June 28, 2021, 09:49:35 am »
Looks like Nuno is fucking them off to go to Fenerbahce
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25551 on: June 28, 2021, 09:55:52 am »

Is it not similar to Paco Ayesteran? I guess some assistant managers are actually just really good assistant managers, but not really capable of the step up to be really good managers. Stevie with Pep as assistant I'd guess is a million times more likely than just hiring Pep.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #25552 on: June 28, 2021, 10:23:31 am »
How much managerial experience did Paisley have?

He was Shankly's assistant for fifteen years.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25553 on: June 28, 2021, 11:14:39 am »
They're going to end up with Scott Parker as a manager and a bunch of average Italian players, aren't they?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #25554 on: June 28, 2021, 11:50:11 am »
You kind of think Stevie would benefit from working in a league where there is more competition. Particularly when it's pretty much a two horse race and the other horse wasn't exactly on top form. He probably could use experience of managing superstar ego players too. He might be able to walk into LFC and do these things but it would be quite a gamble. And not one either lfc nor Stevie need to take .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #25555 on: June 28, 2021, 12:31:15 pm »
Potter has reportedly rejected an approach, albeit questionable sources. That would be 9 managers turning the role down. Madness.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25556 on: June 28, 2021, 12:50:04 pm »
Be gutted if they give scotty a project.
Someone as brave as him is just what they need.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25557 on: June 28, 2021, 01:36:14 pm »
They're going to end up with Scott Parker as a manager and a bunch of average Italian players, aren't they?

Sadly, Parker looks to be Bournemouth bound.

That only leaves Ten Hag.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25558 on: June 28, 2021, 01:37:06 pm »
Whatabout Triffic Tim?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25559 on: June 28, 2021, 01:37:46 pm »
Looks like Nuno is fucking them off to go to Fenerbahce

What a fall from grace from him as well