Author Topic: Christian Eriksen  (Read 20335 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Christian Eriksen
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2021, 07:17:06 pm »
That was terrifying. Hope he is doing ok.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2021, 07:20:30 pm »
Miracle workers, the response & treatment was a miracle, 🙏 for a full and speedy recovery Christian.

Finish supporters shouting 'Christian' & the Danes following with 'Eriksen'.
When football unites..❤

https://mobile.twitter.com/MicGWagner/status/1403770674569748481?s=19
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2021, 07:23:22 pm »
Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Godspeed Christian.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2021, 07:30:24 pm »
Good to hear he is stable. Horrifying moment that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2021, 07:59:22 pm »
The next 24 hours will be important I suppose, what a hideous thing to happen to him..

His poor poor wife having to watch on….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2021, 08:01:32 pm »
Christian Eriksen had a Facetime call with his teammates from the hospital and asked them to play the game tonight, as “he feels better now”, @sportstudio just reported

Crikey
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2021, 08:02:10 pm »
Hope for a speedy recovery. Top player who I always enjoyed watching.

Also medical workers are so under appreciated. The last year has shown us how critical they are. They deserve top dollar and are the real heroes.
True North Strong

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2021, 08:12:21 pm »
What a rollercoaster of a few hours.

One minute I'm nearly in tears, literally shouting at the telly make him wake up, next thing I'm chuckling like fuck at Chopper calling me a bad divvy.

;D

Get proper well very soon Christian lad. YNWA.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2021, 08:22:45 pm »
He's one of those players who just loves the game and gets on with it, no drama or headlines. Hoping he makes a full recovery and returns to football, in any capacity.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2021, 08:29:22 pm »
What a rollercoaster of a few hours.

One minute I'm nearly in tears, literally shouting at the telly make him wake up, next thing I'm chuckling like fuck at Chopper calling me a bad divvy.

;D

Get proper well very soon Christian lad. YNWA.

;D

These threads has been a big help today, cos that was all traumatic.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2021, 08:33:32 pm »
Willing for the best recovery for him

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2021, 09:04:58 pm »
Peter Moller of the Danish Football Association told Danmarks Radio: "We have been in contact with him [Eriksen] and the players have spoken to Christian. He is doing well and they are playing the match for Christian".

I know i'm flogging a dead horse but nothing from any official Denmark source claims Christain told the players to play the match for him.

Glad he is doing well.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2021, 09:10:48 pm »
Peter Moller of the Danish Football Association told Danmarks Radio: "We have been in contact with him [Eriksen] and the players have spoken to Christian. He is doing well and they are playing the match for Christian".

I know i'm flogging a dead horse but nothing from any official Denmark source claims Christain told the players to play the match for him.

Glad he is doing well.

why is this important to you?

They players wanted to play it apparently once they knew he was doing well.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2021, 09:29:38 pm »
I was trying to listen to the game on 5 Live, but I think it was Carney on the main comms and she was doing my head in so switched it off about 5 mins before half time. Extremely shocked to then click on the match thread on RAWK about an hour later and read what happened to Eriksen.

Wishing him all the best for a very speedy recovery.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2021, 09:33:43 pm »
;D

These threads has been a big help today, cos that was all traumatic.
Agreed, it was horrible. Was doing similar to John, running in and out of the living room

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2021, 09:36:52 pm »
I was trying to listen to the game on 5 Live, but I think it was Carney on the main comms and she was doing my head in so switched it off about 5 mins before half time. Extremely shocked to then click on the match thread on RAWK about an hour later and read what happened to Eriksen.

Wishing him all the best for a very speedy recovery.

You're lucky. Never, ever go back and re-watch it.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2021, 09:45:08 pm »

I done this. I was lying on the couch half listening to it and heard “this looks bad” or something along those lines and I thought it was a bad tackle or something. Obviously rewinding back shocked me, it was horrific.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2021, 09:48:08 pm »

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I don't.

You just know the Scum on Sunday will have the worst possible picture on its front page tomorrow, same as they did with Foe.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2021, 10:10:31 pm »

Glad he is doing well.

Do you want a transcript of the call? I'm sure if you wrote to the Danish FA they'd give it to you.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2021, 10:31:49 pm »
Great news that Christian is OK, but I disagree that the game should have been played just because he said to play it. I’m not sure a man who’s just had a heart attack and from what the images show quite possibly was dead for a few minutes should be the decider on whether an international game should continue or not. It once again stinks of big wigs more worried about sponsorship fall out than doing the right thing.

Uefa should have said ‘fortunately Christian is stable, and although he did request the game continue, tonight is not the right time to do so, let’s revisit it tomorrow.’

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2021, 10:34:14 pm »
I highly doubt he dictated to them that they had to play the game.

They had the option to play tomorrow. After discussing with Eriksen, they chose to finish tonight.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2021, 10:36:38 pm »
Man, I feel sick hearing about Erikson, I’m glad I wasn’t watching, hope he pulls through. Please pull through Christian.

In Sha Allah

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2021, 10:47:42 pm »
good to hear that he is stable now and will hopefully make a full recovery.

this has been on the cards for a while now though. Players are being absolutely flogged and Jurgen pretty much predicted last season that something like this was going to happen with the way football is being run nowadays and the influence the media have over everything. he was dismissed as a ranter and attacked left, right and centre by the media

was there really a need for this tournament to go ahead this summer. it couldnt go ahead last summer, obviously, due to the pandemic but why did it have to be rescheduled. would have killed to give players a break this once?  they couldnt give a damn about player welfare. as long as the media and coroporate interests are looked after thats all that matter.

i dont know exactly how it was agreed to restart this game today but it looked to me that a player was subbed off after having a heart attack and the game just went on as normal.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2021, 10:53:15 pm »
Welsh Red to thread, Welsh Red to thread.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2021, 10:54:59 pm »
Danish Manager said they also had the choice to play at 12pm CET sunday but the Danish players wanted to play today.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2021, 10:55:40 pm »
good to hear that he is stable now and will hopefully make a full recovery.

this has been on the cards for a while now though. Players are being absolutely flogged and Jurgen pretty much predicted last season that something like this was going to happen with the way football is being run nowadays and the influence the media have over everything. he was dismissed as a ranter and attacked left, right and centre by the media

was there really a need for this tournament to go ahead this summer. it couldnt go ahead last summer, obviously, due to the pandemic but why did it have to be rescheduled. would have killed to give players a break this once?  they couldnt give a damn about player welfare. as long as the media and coroporate interests are looked after thats all that matter.

i dont know exactly how it was agreed to restart this game today but it looked to me that a player was subbed off after having a heart attack and the game just went on as normal.

There's literally nothing to suggest what happened is connected to the amount of games Eriksen has played this season.

He's played in 34 games for Inter. His lowest number of club games in a season since his first season with Ajax in 2009/10.

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2021, 11:12:58 pm »
Couldn't help being almost in tears and I was jumping up & down for a while after seeing that. Relieved that he has stabilised and he will be in my prayers until he recovers fully.

On one hand, it's an example of how there are things that are more important than football. On the other hand, it's nice to see football uniting the world and people from various countries praying for/wishing him a speedy recovery.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2021, 11:26:21 pm »
Shocking scenes today, I can only imagine what his teammates and his family were and are still going through. I was so relieved to hear he was awake and stable. What his teammates did for him was incredible and the work of the medics saving his life was amazing, they’re heroes. How they stay calm in situations like that is remarkable we’re so lucky to have people like that to help us in an emergency. I’ll be raising a glass and wishing Eriksen makes a full recovery tonight.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2021, 11:43:00 pm »
Hope for a speedy recovery for Eriksen.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2021, 11:56:37 pm »
Sat in a pub full of bevied people and we get close ups of the guy getting CPR and his wife in tears. Mercifully it looks like he is going to be ok, but have the BBC become S** TV?!
 Shameful from them that, we won’t show a streaker but let’s have a close up of a guy fighting for his life. It’s not an episode of casualty. Have some fucking respect FFS.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2021, 12:04:44 am »
Sat in a pub full of bevied people and we get close ups of the guy getting CPR and his wife in tears. Mercifully it looks like he is going to be ok, but have the BBC become S** TV?!
 Shameful from them that, we won’t show a streaker but let’s have a close up of a guy fighting for his life. It’s not an episode of casualty. Have some fucking respect FFS.

‘Become’?

This is an institution that covered up the worst recorded types of pedophilia I can’t even bare to type
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2021, 12:10:16 am »
Get well soon!
Believer

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2021, 12:12:22 am »
I had some horrible flashbacks of Marc Vivien Foe while this was taking place. Really glad he's safe.

Too often the focus on footballers is how much they earn and what lifestyles they live, yet it's easy to forget they have partners and kids watching them out there, and life is just too precious to stress the small things.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2021, 12:50:23 am »
On the bright side I guess it’s good that it happened there on the pitch with medical staff on call, then it happening in his hotel room by himself

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2021, 01:01:11 am »
It's interesting because I had almost the exact opposite reaction. The BBC don't control the shots, they get the same video feed as everyone else worldwide, and clearly they weren't prepared because this has never happened in a game this major.

What I found far more distressing was when they went back to the studio and Alex Scott was talking about having the need to phone her mum to make sure she was okay, and everyone talking about it as a tragedy - like he was already dead! - despite the fact no one knew what the circumstances were. In a way, I was glad they did keep the feed on, because if they'd have switched sooner I'd have assumed he had probably died on the pitch. But ultimately, I think everyone agrees the important thing is that Eriksen is all right in the long term. Our personal reactions aren't really the point.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2021, 01:31:07 am »
I was so relieved when I heard he was still alive. That whole thing was so horrible to witness on tv, can't imagine what the fans in the ground suffered. Great job by the paramedics, can't thank you enough guys. Makes me wonder if the prem players could organise a whip round to spread around the paramedics as a little bonus?
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2021, 01:34:52 am »
There's literally nothing to suggest what happened is connected to the amount of games Eriksen has played this season.

He's played in 34 games for Inter. His lowest number of club games in a season since his first season with Ajax in 2009/10.

He played 54 games for both clubs in 19/20 and a shit load of Internationals in two years up until now.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 01:36:29 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2021, 01:53:42 am »
He played 54 games for both clubs in 19/20 and a shit load of Internationals in two years up until now.

Again, that's just speculation right now. For all we know, he might have developed a condition that has gone undiagnosed. We'll have to wait for confirmation but there's nothing to suggest that it's because the number of games he's played.

Either way, best wishes to him for a speedy and full recovery.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2021, 07:28:07 am »
Erm... So if UEFA basically told the Danish team they could play either the same night or today at lunch time, and the players then, quite understandably decided: there‘s no way we‘ll be able to rest tonight and be able to go back out on the pitch the next day - how is that not UEFA putting them under pressure?

It was apparent when the players returned on the pitch that hardly any of them were in any mental state to resume the match... and Kjaer, the team‘s CAPTAIN, even requested to be subbed off because he couldn‘t go on playing.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2021, 07:38:34 am »
Doubt anyone who watched that’ll ever forget it eh? I was the same as John - found myself in tears in spite of myself and then was over the moon when the pic Samie posted came out. Always seemed a lovely quiet fella, Erickson.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422