Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1048758 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #16160 on: June 24, 2021, 09:03:18 pm »
My wife’s driving licence had expired so she went online to renew. Except she clicked on a sponsored link, not the government site, paid £58 for a third party who when you read the small print do some checks for you and then tell you you’re good to apply. Piss taking bastards!

She obviously gave card details etc. Question is, do they just make easy money taking advantage of people not paying attention or should she be worried she’ll be properly scammed. She’s busy switching money out of that account to be safe because the bank’s phone lines close at 8.

Shitshow all round. :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #16161 on: June 24, 2021, 09:17:29 pm »
I got stung similarly re the EU health card thingie some years back. No threat to her account, they're just scamming fuckwits hiding behind smallprint. I appealed to my bank, they agreed and chased back the payment. Try that.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16162 on: June 24, 2021, 09:34:06 pm »
I got stung similarly re the EU health card thingie some years back. No threat to her account, they're just scamming fuckwits hiding behind smallprint. I appealed to my bank, they agreed and chased back the payment. Try that.

Yeah that’s what I thought. You look on their website and they even have a pricing table showing the price if you do it direct through the DVLA. There’s even a link to the DVLA hidden away in there! Cheeky fuckers. :lmao

It does look a legit organisation and they can say they’ve been clear and not misleading an all that. She’s filled out a cancellation form and we’ve applied through the correct site (for £14!). Will keep an eye on it.

Obviously some of this was somehow my fault even though I was nowhere near the scene of the crime. :D

Cheers Jim.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16163 on: June 24, 2021, 11:12:32 pm »
Yeah that’s what I thought. You look on their website and they even have a pricing table showing the price if you do it direct through the DVLA. There’s even a link to the DVLA hidden away in there! Cheeky fuckers. :lmao

It does look a legit organisation and they can say they’ve been clear and not misleading an all that. She’s filled out a cancellation form and we’ve applied through the correct site (for £14!). Will keep an eye on it.

Obviously some of this was somehow my fault even though I was nowhere near the scene of the crime. :D

Cheers Jim.
Even though I'm sorry that you got 'scammed' by these fuckers; and I am.
The bolded bit did make me laugh  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16164 on: June 24, 2021, 11:14:00 pm »
I got done by a passport website a few years ago. Clicked on what I believed to be the government site, filled it all in, charged card, bobs your uncle. Gets a letter off passport office saying I'd not paid, rang them up, told story, he actually gave me the name off the company on my bank statement without me telling him. Said it wasn't illegal so nothing could be done. Bank fucked me off too.

I really should have gone down and torched their office
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16165 on: June 25, 2021, 11:06:34 am »
My wife’s driving licence had expired so she went online to renew. Except she clicked on a sponsored link, not the government site, paid £58 for a third party who when you read the small print do some checks for you and then tell you you’re good to apply. Piss taking bastards!

She obviously gave card details etc. Question is, do they just make easy money taking advantage of people not paying attention or should she be worried she’ll be properly scammed. She’s busy switching money out of that account to be safe because the bank’s phone lines close at 8.

Shitshow all round. :D
Mrs A did exactly the same. She tried to cool off within 20 mins but had to email, because obviously no phone number. Got an immediate response but no cooling off. Next day she got an email saying that cooling off didn't apply because they had started agreed services for her, but offered £20 as goodwill.
Cut a long story short we threatened legal action for breach of contract because it took 24 hours after she 1st contacted them to say they'd started services. Got them up to £50 and decided it wasn't worth the time to go for full amount. Ended up £20 down which is the price of experience.

These people are fucking vermin by the way, deliberately using the same web design as .Gov.uk. Google need their arses kicking too, as do DVLA.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16166 on: June 25, 2021, 11:14:33 am »
Sounds very like this site from reading their small print and terms. Think she was going to call the bank this morning but doubt they can stop the payment so she may have to put this down to experience. She’s kicking herself for not cottoning on it wasn’t the DVLA site.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16167 on: June 25, 2021, 11:26:34 am »
Sounds very like this site from reading their small print and terms. Think she was going to call the bank this morning but doubt they can stop the payment so she may have to put this down to experience. She’s kicking herself for not cottoning on it wasn’t the DVLA site.
It's worth complaining saying that she only just realised her mistake, and if site wasn't deliberately designed to look like the DVLA she wouldn't have pursued it. Somethings better than nothing.

This is the email of the site that Mrs A got done by enquiries@licencesupport.co.uk

Maybe a spot of internet terrorism? I'm going to ask why their site is an almost carbon copy of a YouGov site

Good luck.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16168 on: June 25, 2021, 11:43:01 am »
Does the so-called 'cooling off' period right to cancellation not apply here?

Also yes, if 'x' site is designed to look like 'y', then 'y' can strike a hammer blow....

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16169 on: June 25, 2021, 12:03:55 pm »
Does the so-called 'cooling off' period right to cancellation not apply here?

Also yes, if 'x' site is designed to look like 'y', then 'y' can strike a hammer blow....
It does theoretically, but in the T&Cs it says that this doesn't apply once they've started to provide services.
That's the basis we went in on because they didn't say that they'd started work in their first response.

Oddly enough, it looks like the site design has changed in the last hour or so. When I saw Nick's post I checked the site and it was the same. It now looks like it's changed, so I wonder if the lawyers have been involved. Either way, now it's no longer looking like a Govt site, far fewer people will get sucked in.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16170 on: June 25, 2021, 01:56:51 pm »
There's an element of internet education needed there I'd guess.

Clicking the first search result, you'll almost certainly be clicking an advert.

Anyone can bid on these, worth skipping down and looking for a "non ad" link.

This may not be news for you guys, but will hopefully reduce the chance of someone else falling victim to them in the future.

I know I nearly got stung by a similar company offering the USA esta form a few years back.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16171 on: June 25, 2021, 02:14:39 pm »
You guys should name and shame the sites that are scams so we know who to steer clear of
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16172 on: June 25, 2021, 11:30:19 pm »
There's an element of internet education needed there I'd guess.

Clicking the first search result, you'll almost certainly be clicking an advert.

Anyone can bid on these, worth skipping down and looking for a "non ad" link.

This may not be news for you guys, but will hopefully reduce the chance of someone else falling victim to them in the future.

I know I nearly got stung by a similar company offering the USA esta form a few years back.

Work in IT so was annoyed to fuck I got caught. When I got caught, it wasn't an Ad link, it was about the third or fourth result and they had a url that was almost identical to the official, something like govuk and the page was almost identical to the real passport office website.

Can't find the site anymore, but this is one offering a renewal service, £160 plus VAT they charge ON TOP of the passport fee

https://www.britishpassportsuk.co.uk/UK-British-passport-renewal.html

This is the legit site

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport/renew
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16173 on: June 25, 2021, 11:31:32 pm »
Do those speed cameras on "smart motorways" do you when the limit is normal (70) or are they only on when the limit is reduced?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16174 on: June 26, 2021, 08:36:46 am »
Do those speed cameras on "smart motorways" do you when the limit is normal (70) or are they only on when the limit is reduced?

I've been told they only work when they're lit up, so when they're restricting speed or signalling it's the national speed limit again.

No idea if that's right though.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16175 on: June 26, 2021, 08:38:51 am »
I regularly cruise at 78-80 with no issues, (and that's nationwide) and people are overtaking me and not being flashed by the cameras on the gantries ( I drive early mornings when it's still dark)
But when the limit is displayed in a red circle, that's when the tolerance is reduced and the cameras are "live"
I don't think you will get a 100 percent definitive answer unless someone from highways England responds.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16176 on: June 26, 2021, 10:05:57 am »

Yes is the short answer.

I regularly cruise at 78-80 with no issues, (and that's nationwide) and people are overtaking me and not being flashed by the cameras on the gantries ( I drive early mornings when it's still dark)
But when the limit is displayed in a red circle, that's when the tolerance is reduced and the cameras are "live"
I don't think you will get a 100 percent definitive answer unless someone from highways England responds.

Hadecs 3, the smart motorway camera, are on all the time.. I've seen them flashing on the M1, M42, M6 and M25 while the signs are off. You're probably falling under the guidance from ACPO, which is 10% tolerance + 2mph, due to speedo overread. I use a GPS speed app on my phone and I know that 53mph on my speedo is actually 50mph 75mph is 70mph and 81mph is 75. To get done on the motorway, you need to be doing a "real" 79mph, so you'd be seeing almost 90mph on your speedo.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/strife-fast-lane-speed-camera-tech-examined

Hadecs 3 cameras are permanently active, even when the variable speed limit returns to 70mph. It’s this feature that has caused concern among motoring groups. The Hadecs 3 cameras at Clacket Lane services on the M25 went operational on 22 October last year and, according to Kent Police, they had caught 1861 speeding motorists by 21 February.

https://www.norriewaite.co.uk/are-smart-motorway-speed-cameras-always-turned-on.html

What has not been given too much publicity is that the speed cameras on smart motorways are switched on all the time and that these cameras do not just operate to enforce speed limits below 70 miles an hour they also operate to enforce speed limits of 70 miles and over, even when there are no messages on the overhead gantry. You can therefore be clocked at a speed of over 70 miles an hour at any time of the day or night and regardless of whether there is an accident or road works.

On a traditional motorway in the UK, cameras are only used when there are road works or other ongoing difficulties and the norm is that there is no fixed camera enforcement of the 70 mph limit only enforcement of those speeds which are visually shown as a restriction.

On an ordinary motorway these restrictions are usually shown on a physical board or series of boards or on some motorways on an overhead gantry. And on those ordinary motorways there is no camera enforcement of the 70 mile an hour limit. The same is not true on smart motorways where the cameras are always in operation

This pic was taken by a camera when the signs were off.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16177 on: June 26, 2021, 10:23:28 am »
Ta Rob. I always slow down maintain my 70mph speed through them but always wondered.

Just another reason smart motorways are an utter load of shite.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16178 on: June 26, 2021, 12:18:34 pm »
Ta Rob. I always slow down maintain my 70mph speed through them but always wondered.

Just another reason smart motorways are an utter load of shite.

;D

When I'm working of a weekend, the M62 from the M60 to the M6 is part of my journey - I just set the cruise to 72mph (GPS speed) and let it flow. Spend most of my time undertaking fuckwits sat in lanes 4/3/2 :no

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16179 on: June 26, 2021, 12:23:10 pm »
;D

When I'm working of a weekend, the M62 from the M60 to the M6 is part of my journey - I just set the cruise to 72mph (GPS speed) and let it flow. Spend most of my time undertaking fuckwits sat in lanes 4/3/2 :no

Yeah it's that M62/M60 where I encounter them most when driving to the GF's family. Pain in the arse.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16180 on: June 26, 2021, 01:24:39 pm »
Didn’t know they were on all the time, but Highways Agency told me they are not (on the M42 at least) based on average speeds, which is something.

Should do that car above for bad lane discipline too. That’s getting worse and worse and in my view contributes to congestion. If the cameras are on they should be using them to punish lane hogging as well as speeding.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16181 on: June 26, 2021, 01:47:13 pm »
Didn’t know they were on all the time, but Highways Agency told me they are not (on the M42 at least) based on average speeds, which is something.

Should do that car above for bad lane discipline too. That’s getting worse and worse and in my view contributes to congestion. If the cameras are on they should be using them to punish lane hogging as well as speeding.

You couldn't use them for average speeds as the limits can change, I've seen a sign drop from 60 to 40, its probably too complicated to work out. I first heard about them being on all the time when the M25 ones went live and people were saying they were flashing away all day.

Lane hogging is one of my real bugbears - Craig going to/from Manchester will have seen what I see, a car in lane 3 or 4 go from the Croft Interchange all the way to the M60 and not move out of the lane. Its the same over Thelwall.

One thing they are upgrading to is cameras on the red 'X'. I've seen some scary shit due to people ignoring them. Worst was on the M1 near Luton, an HGV and a Merc had collided in lanes 2/3 and the 'X' were up closing lanes 2, 3 and 4 and every c*nt ignored them. When we got to the accident, the truck driver and the Merc occupants were stood on the Motorway with cars and vans driving around them.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #16182 on: July 1, 2021, 12:22:09 pm »
Anyone ever used Wren, Howdens, Wickes or a similar service where they design, build and fit your kitchen?

We're buying a house that needs some work - knocking a wall through to turn the kitchen into a kitchen diner then putting in an island, all new units etc. Already have all of the white goods we need.

What was your experience? Positive? The unit prices don't look too bad but the installation looks an insane mark up - has anyone bought from one of these services and done the work themselves or got an independent builder/ kitchen fitter to fit it?

Provisionally looking to keep the cost at under £12k - for cabinets, worktops, new sink, island unit that can house the oven and hob, tall unit with pull out storage and all installed. Fantasy or sounds reasonable?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16183 on: July 1, 2021, 12:27:49 pm »
Anyone ever used Wren, Howdens, Wickes or a similar service where they design, build and fit your kitchen?

We're buying a house that needs some work - knocking a wall through to turn the kitchen into a kitchen diner then putting in an island, all new units etc. Already have all of the white goods we need.

What was your experience? Positive? The unit prices don't look too bad but the installation looks an insane mark up - has anyone bought from one of these services and done the work themselves or got an independent builder/ kitchen fitter to fit it?

Provisionally looking to keep the cost at under £12k - for cabinets, worktops, new sink, island unit that can house the oven and hob, tall unit with pull out storage and all installed. Fantasy or sounds reasonable?

Ikea.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16184 on: July 1, 2021, 12:37:56 pm »
Ikea.
Is the quality of the units the same standard of a Wren?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16185 on: July 1, 2021, 01:54:48 pm »
Is the quality of the units the same standard of a Wren?

No idea, but nobody in my family has ever managed to break one.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16186 on: July 1, 2021, 02:02:27 pm »

DO NOT use Wren, they are SHITE. Sister in law had a kitchen done 2 years ago and its awful, they fucked up all kinds, it looked like an amateur designed it, doors wouldn't open as there wasn't enough space, things were missing/didn't fit, shit aftersales service, absolute joke. She kept it, I'd have lashed it back at them.

Our kitchen is from Howdens and is going strong over 12 years later. Get a kitchen fitter sorted and get them to open an account. We got something stupid like 55-60% discount on ours, priced up it was over £6k and final price was just over £2k. All the units came pre built, all the worktops were pre cut, all Tony had to do was secure the units to the walls/floor then fit the doors and worktops, sink, ovens etc.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16187 on: July 1, 2021, 02:47:36 pm »
DO NOT use Wren, they are SHITE. Sister in law had a kitchen done 2 years ago and its awful, they fucked up all kinds, it looked like an amateur designed it, doors wouldn't open as there wasn't enough space, things were missing/didn't fit, shit aftersales service, absolute joke. She kept it, I'd have lashed it back at them.

Our kitchen is from Howdens and is going strong over 12 years later. Get a kitchen fitter sorted and get them to open an account. We got something stupid like 55-60% discount on ours, priced up it was over £6k and final price was just over £2k. All the units came pre built, all the worktops were pre cut, all Tony had to do was secure the units to the walls/floor then fit the doors and worktops, sink, ovens etc.
Cheers Rob, I'll talk to a lad I know who's business builds houses from the ground up, he should know a fitter. Essentially all we need is what you had, with the addition of an island fixing to the floor. I want a gas hob (the house currently has an induction cooker) but that might make it too expensive so I'll cope with an electric one/induction. If we could get it all done for anywhere near £5k that would be amazing. Will take a look at Howdens.

On Wren, we popped over to the Aintree one a few nights ago, they looked alright but you don't know until you buy. They come with 10 year's guarantee now so your sister should have been on at them.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16188 on: July 1, 2021, 03:17:45 pm »
Cheers Rob, I'll talk to a lad I know who's business builds houses from the ground up, he should know a fitter. Essentially all we need is what you had, with the addition of an island fixing to the floor. I want a gas hob (the house currently has an induction cooker) but that might make it too expensive so I'll cope with an electric one/induction. If we could get it all done for anywhere near £5k that would be amazing. Will take a look at Howdens.

On Wren, we popped over to the Aintree one a few nights ago, they looked alright but you don't know until you buy. They come with 10 year's guarantee now so your sister should have been on at them.

Have you tried the induction hob yet? I'd never go back to gas after getting ours fitted, they are brilliant.

She did but the customer service was rubbish. It was Mancs though, so that doesn't help. ;D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16189 on: July 1, 2021, 03:23:42 pm »
Have you tried the induction hob yet? I'd never go back to gas after getting ours fitted, they are brilliant.

She did but the customer service was rubbish. It was Mancs though, so that doesn't help. ;D
No mate, my parents have one and I've never got on with it, my reasoning for not going with induction is a bit pathetic - I cook a lot and spent a lot on some really nice pans last year that won't work on an induction stove  ;D But yet, changing pans is preferable to the cost of adding a gas line into the kitchen.

I'd be on at them personally til they sorted it. Nothing worse than service being so bad that you feel completely blocked from a resolution.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16190 on: July 1, 2021, 03:39:11 pm »
No mate, my parents have one and I've never got on with it, my reasoning for not going with induction is a bit pathetic - I cook a lot and spent a lot on some really nice pans last year that won't work on an induction stove  ;D But yet, changing pans is preferable to the cost of adding a gas line into the kitchen.

I'd be on at them personally til they sorted it. Nothing worse than service being so bad that you feel completely blocked from a resolution.

Ha yes, I had to spend about £70 on new pans when we got ours and it's a bit of a pain having to check. I recently got some great frying pans from Asda for between £10 and £15 and my old Ken Hom Wok works perfectly on it.

Their family are a bit shy on kicking off, sure it's because their Ma was a bully who shut them up all the time.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16191 on: July 1, 2021, 03:39:57 pm »
Ooh, check out DS with his island.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16192 on: July 1, 2021, 03:54:53 pm »

Transfer island?

Island of Misfit Joys?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16193 on: July 1, 2021, 04:46:37 pm »
Until I win a RAWK draft it will be the only status symbol I've had in my entire life.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #16194 on: July 1, 2021, 05:52:28 pm »
my old Ken Hom Wok works perfectly on it.

Ken Hom Wok Set
Dead Sea bath salts
Jog-proof iPod
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16195 on: July 1, 2021, 06:04:46 pm »
Ken Hom Wok Set
Dead Sea bath salts
Jog-proof iPod
Kinell mate that's the worst haiku I've seen on RAWK!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16196 on: July 1, 2021, 06:06:37 pm »
Ken Hom Wok Set
Dead Sea bath salts
Jog-proof iPod

Bit early to be writing to Santa.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16197 on: July 1, 2021, 09:31:29 pm »

We had a wren kitchen designed and installed at our old place in 2004 and the cupboards and appliances we're still going strong when we sold the house last month.

It was when they were still a husband and wife local, Doncaster company, not the fancy, glossy, marketed place you see on tv.  I'm not sure they even had a showroom as Mr Wren came out to house, measured up and spent a good couple of hours discussing what we wanted. 

They weren't the cheapest but the design was exactly what we wanted.

The fitting was shocking though as although they were their recommended fitters they were sub contractors rather than employed by them

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16198 on: July 1, 2021, 10:04:43 pm »

Irlam?
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #16199 on: July 2, 2021, 03:17:14 pm »
Over what period of time is it appropriate to claim "money owed" from a housemate on household items (loo roll, dishwasher tablets, handwash, sponges, etc) that have been treated as shared but not paid for as such?  Long-term gripe.