Author Topic: The Scaredycat Thread for Skint People who want to bet  (Read 10337 times)

Offline gentleman

• Main Stander
  • Flippin' idiots
Re: The Scaredycat Thread for Skint People who want to bet
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 01:10:45 pm »
well the syria v china one has gone tits up, syria are winning 3-0 after 54 mins haha.

as long as roma do the biz tonight

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 01:42:39 pm »
£5 on Man Utd to win tonight,

£2 on Valencia

Couple of 50p's on the Chelsea game on silly things whilst watcing at the pub.  ;D

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 03:32:16 pm »
I like United (-1) @ 3/4 and over 2.5 goals in the Chelsea game, also @ 3/4 for tonight.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:49 pm »
Read derek McGovern in the Mirror..shite tipster but a great laugh!

Can back this up, not sure about the great laugh bit though :P

Also, I wanna give this a go, what's the best site to get started on? Fed up of betting in shops now.
hi

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 06:41:12 pm »
Also, I wanna give this a go, what's the best site to get started on? Fed up of betting in shops now.

Betfair.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 06:53:22 pm »
Hadn't seen this thread before but had the same idea last week and set up a Betfair account with a tenner. Haven't been betting every day but did OK with a double on Barca/Real at the weekend, but then lost with that late goal for Wigan against Spurs on Sunday.

Might put some on the Mancs and Juventus tonight.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 06:58:06 pm »
1 pound on Espanyol bt Ejido and Betis bt Real Union.

60p on Newcastle bt Hull City

53p on Man Utd draw Wigan

50p on Athletic Bilbao bt Osasuna

£1 on Valencia bt Racing Santander

£1 on Barca bt Atletico Madrid

£1 on Wolves bt Bristol city

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 06:59:25 pm »
Can back this up, not sure about the great laugh bit though :P

Betfair, especially if you use my reference code down there \/ so we both get a bit of extra cash  :wave
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 07:00:21 pm »
My betfair never worked - BIGdavalad, how did you prove you were 18 or older? send off documents or what?

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 07:01:11 pm »
My betfair never worked - BIGdavalad, how did you prove you were 18 or older? send off documents or what?

Can't remember to be honest, think I just registered my credit card when I signed up. It was years ago though.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline SalisburyRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 07:03:24 pm »
If you're registering a credit card, that should be enough to convince them you're over 18. I sent them a scan of my passport.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 07:07:42 pm »
Its a Visa Electron, Betfred accepted it as form of ID, sigh.

Offline SalisburyRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 07:09:45 pm »
Its a Visa Electron, Betfred accepted it as form of ID, sigh.

Yeah, it's different for each bookie it seems. Stan James didn't ask for anything other than my date of birth - presumably if I was 15 and claimed to be 35 that would've worked.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 07:14:00 pm »
€1 on Wigan Draw

£1 on Roma/Sampdoria Draw & Newcastle/Hull Draw

£2 on 2nd half with most goals Southend v Chelsea

£1 on Valencia to lead at half time

:)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 07:21:04 pm »
I can defo Valencia one coming in.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 07:24:48 pm »
Use Betdaq. It's an exchange like Betfair, not as popular  and not as many markets, but it's less strict on the ID.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 07:25:20 pm »
I can defo Valencia one coming in.

1-1 now, still only 24 mins gone.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2009, 07:42:03 pm »
40 minutes gone now, uh oh..

as long as they win in 90 i don't care.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2009, 07:52:03 pm »
40 minutes gone now, uh oh..

as long as they win in 90 i don't care.

Oh well £1 down, three bets to go.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 12:06:05 am »
Well that was jammy on so many levels! That put me up to 35.23 - not bad considering I started with a fiver and I haven't gone for longer odds than 1.57 at any point. Have bucked that trend now though by putting £5.23 on Hendry to beat Robertson at 2.32.
Whether I win or lose, I'm putting everything left in my account after that match on the Mancs. I won't care about losing my money if those fuckers slip up and if they win then it'll have been a pretty successful experiment!

Hendry got beat so I had £30 to put on Manure, which won me a whole £9.20!
I think I've done at least one bet towards this scheme every day for a week, but I can't see anything I fancy in tomorrow's markets. I want to get to 60 quid and if/when I do that I'll bank 50 and start again with 100 as my target the next time.

Offline wosman

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 09:19:05 am »
Hendry got beat so I had £30 to put on the Mancs, which won me a whole £9.20!
I think I've done at least one bet towards this scheme every day for a week, but I can't see anything I fancy in tomorrow's markets. I want to get to 60 quid and if/when I do that I'll bank 50 and start again with 100 as my target the next time.

50 quid might get you to a match joe!  :wave  Good luck

Offline gentleman

• Main Stander
  • Flippin' idiots
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 10:11:31 am »
Hendry got beat so I had £30 to put on the Mancs, which won me a whole £9.20!

Good stuff,

I'm up to £30 myself cos of roma beating sampdoria and same as yourself can't see anything I fancy on today so will start up again tomorrow! £20 profit in a week is exactly what I was after! I'm gonna stay disciplined and hopefully continue that to £80 a month and that'll pay my train ticket to work :D

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 10:33:28 am »
50 quid might get you to a match joe!  :wave  Good luck

Thanks mate, hopefully so as I'm planning on getting to some within the next month or two!  :wave

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 10:39:14 am »
Good stuff,

I'm up to £30 myself cos of roma beating sampdoria and same as yourself can't see anything I fancy on today so will start up again tomorrow! £20 profit in a week is exactly what I was after! I'm gonna stay disciplined and hopefully continue that to £80 a month and that'll pay my train ticket to work :D

Nice work. I think I'm going to go (relatively) big on Anderlecht at home to Cercle Bruges tomorrow. It was 1.4 when I last looked.

Offline gentleman

• Main Stander
  • Flippin' idiots
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 10:41:10 am »
Yeh was looking at that one myself, Anderlecht look very strong but I would say, Cercle Bruges have won 4 of their last 5 games...

Offline gentleman

• Main Stander
  • Flippin' idiots
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:45 am »
£2 on ANGERS v bastia at 2.04
£3 on STRASBOURG v dijon at 1.73
£3.50 on LIVORNO v ascoli at 1.58

tomorrow's bets

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 02:48:41 pm »
Yeh was looking at that one myself, Anderlecht look very strong but I would say, Cercle Bruges have won 4 of their last 5 games...

Cheers for the heads-up there. I've looked into it and I still fancy Anderlecht, but have put half my funds on it rather than most of it. Think I may break the golden 'don't back odds-on way from home' rule tomorrow and back Arsenal.
Hull are weaker at home than away and have one win from 12 in the league, while Arsenal seem to be getting their act together and will be desperate for revenge after losing to Hull at the Emirates.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 02:55:31 pm »
Quid on Ajax, Anderletch and Arsenal - come on you a's

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 11:34:31 am »
Cheers for the heads-up there. I've looked into it and I still fancy Anderlecht, but have put half my funds on it rather than most of it. Think I may break the golden 'don't back odds-on way from home' rule tomorrow and back Arsenal.
Hull are weaker at home than away and have one win from 12 in the league, while Arsenal seem to be getting their act together and will be desperate for revenge after losing to Hull at the Emirates.

Anderlecht lost so I'm down to 20 quid. Arse.
I've put 15 quid on Arsenal -1, which would take my account back up to 36 quid if it came off. I would've gone all in on Rangers @1.2 first to make an extra four quid, but I won't have computer access again until 6 and it wasn't worth sticking a tenner on them at those odds!

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 05:16:35 pm »
I put £5 on this 6 fold

Chelmsford
Ebbsfleet/Rush&Dia Draw

Leeds 
Doncaster
Blackburn 
Histon

Pays £684.86 but the two in bold let me down :(

Also done £6 on ManU/Chelsea/ManCity/Arse to pay £30 so just waiting on Arsenal

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 07:02:56 pm »
Arsenal are a shite team to bet on - so so inconsistant, still draw me in all the time.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 07:47:11 pm »
Got £2 on a Barca/Sevilla double tonight, Barca helping me out so far.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 08:18:23 pm »
Hello,

I've been looking at ways to make money for ages but most involve having money already!

So I've started to do really small bets like a pussy and will continue to this in a boring and disciplined way til hopefully it's like a fun savings account :D

I put a tenner in my betfair, and i'm gonna keep betting on matches that are like 1.5ish and are really good chances of wins.

I started with spurs last night (thank god for the second half!) and my bank is now £15.50.

I don't want to be risky at all, so I'm not then putting that £15.50 on another match, but staking a tenner again, this time on Fenerbahce in the Turkish Cup.

Hopefully I'll get my bank above £20 and then £10 stakes become "no risk".  I never want to put anymore money in the account, I don't care if I only make 3/4 quid each day, but want to make it a daily thing so I'm gradually going up.

Any thoughts? Any other skintos want to join me?

I did just this last year, stuck £10 in an online account and slowly built up the fund. I would lump most of the money on an odds on sure fire winner and a smaller amount on an educated  good chance shot with long odds. 

I found the in-game betting whilst listening/watching the game live was the best way towards a return (you can often anticipate which team will score next by the amount of pressure/chances they're having, or defending team conceding a free kick on the edge of the area etc)

Anyway, I managed to build the £10 into a tidy £90 (granted my biggest return was a mistake as I had the ospreys down to win at home in the heineken cup, but had inadvertedly bet on the 'score draw' option, which is almost unheard of in rugby).

Problem is you get too cocky and eventually you will lump all your cash on one bet.  I bet on Man Yoo to win at home against Reading in the cup.  Reading scored an equaliser in the dying seconds, game over!  Fun while it lasted though.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 10:36:27 pm »
Anderlecht lost so I'm down to 20 quid. Arse.
I've put 15 quid on Arsenal -1, which would take my account back up to 36 quid if it came off. I would've gone all in on Rangers @1.2 first to make an extra four quid, but I won't have computer access again until 6 and it wasn't worth sticking a tenner on them at those odds!

Back up to 30 quid now. It would've been 35, but I thought Hull were going to win once they equalised so I put a fiver on them!

Offline gentleman

• Main Stander
  • Flippin' idiots
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 11:01:12 pm »
absolute joke of a day for me!, I was on £32 and put on 9 £2-3 stakes on "certs".

one came up, absolute joke!

every game was like a top 3 team at home v bottom 3 team. how on earth only 1/9 came up is beyond me, but shit day generally, speeding ticket, united last minute goal, bla bla. etc!

all the way back down to 14.... :(

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 11:10:38 pm »
Mouscron let me down on a £1 ten team accy, the c*nts! Fucking Brentford and Wycombe and Cowdenbeath let me down on a couple of small accys too.
 Included Wycombe in a double with the mancs when I just fucking knew I should have done the mancs as a single, the fact the c*nts won and I had no return just made it worse.
 Keep telling myself to just pick 2 games each day and stick to a double but always end up putting too many stupid bets on.
 Anyway , if the Aussies win the cricket I will be about a tenner up so come on you Aussies!!

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2009, 11:11:55 pm »
how could you bet certs today and lose?!

Arsenal, villa, man utd, chelsea, ac milan, rangers, barcelona, sevilla, standard liege all won!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:07 pm »
Barca and Sevilla both came through for me tonight. Got some on Real Madrid for tomorrow now.

Offline Kaka 22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2009, 11:24:57 pm »
Same here, ive got two trebles both waiting on real wins.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2009, 11:05:30 am »
Catania look like the bet of the day today. 2.04 to beat Bologna at home, despite having a home record of W7, D1, L1.
I've put £15.53 on it. If I win my account will be above the 50 quid mark for the first time.