Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3307512 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #20800 on: April 5, 2019, 11:06:13 pm »
Dan Austin doesn't know what to do with himself, that's what it's all about.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1114278934449917960
:D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20801 on: April 5, 2019, 11:24:45 pm »
Hi mate, no this will be phase 2 of the app. We're already planning the next phase on the app and that's one of the things we've discussed.

Thanks for the update.

I’m definitely not even considering the video subscription until this option is available. Like many others I’m mostly catching up on TAW on commute and on patchy mobile connection.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #20802 on: April 6, 2019, 12:24:23 am »
No Pink post Southampton?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #20803 on: April 6, 2019, 12:34:35 am »
No Pink post Southampton?
Yeah I find the podcast app at the moment takes ages to sync and locate the shows. I saw on Twitter the show before Southampton and kept refreshing the app but it didn't show. It did show as I was looking for the Pink, but then the Pink didn't show. If you go on the website and login you can listen to it as I am listening to it now.

In terms of 'Cry's' lads, I think my first one this season came shortly after the goal against Spurs. I had run out of the pub via the back garden that I was about to start working in which is frequented by Spurs fans and down the road after the goal in the (well, my) celebrations, continued for a while for no apparent reason and then ran back for the end of the game, and it was before the final whistle that it got to me that somehow we were still in it despite everything and I felt a bit overcome. The full on waterworks are reserved for us clinching it I reckon though.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20804 on: April 6, 2019, 12:51:54 am »
I had to laugh at that as well. You’d sometimes hear people here in Northern Ireland say “ya wee dancer”.

I’ve just finished listening to the greatest show. Can’t believe no one had the Arsenal 4-2 from 2007/08 in their top 5.

There's just so many to choose from. Honourable mentions to 4-0 away to marseille, 8-0 against Beşiktaş, 3-0 home to villa Real and a forgotten gem 2-0 away against roma when Owen scored.

I couldn't break it between the real Madrid home, City away or roma at home to be honest. Not to mention the 2-0 at home to roma in 2002, the almost forgotten great European night. Think the atmosphere around houlliers return could only be felt in the city. Also forgotten just how good that roma side were
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #20805 on: April 6, 2019, 08:04:47 am »
Hi mate, no this will be phase 2 of the app. We're already planning the next phase on the app and that's one of the things we've discussed.
Can you have more than one person logged into the app on different devices? So I’ll log in on my phone whilst on the road, but my lad likes to listen on the iPad at home
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20806 on: April 6, 2019, 09:23:01 am »
Rob Gutmanns twitter game last night was exceptional...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #20807 on: April 6, 2019, 10:38:14 am »
Yeah I find the podcast app at the moment takes ages to sync and locate the shows. I saw on Twitter the show before Southampton and kept refreshing the app but it didn't show. It did show as I was looking for the Pink, but then the Pink didn't show. If you go on the website and login you can listen to it as I am listening to it now.

In terms of 'Cry's' lads, I think my first one this season came shortly after the goal against Spurs. I had run out of the pub via the back garden that I was about to start working in which is frequented by Spurs fans and down the road after the goal in the (well, my) celebrations, continued for a while for no apparent reason and then ran back for the end of the game, and it was before the final whistle that it got to me that somehow we were still in it despite everything and I felt a bit overcome. The full on waterworks are reserved for us clinching it I reckon though.

Has Pink appeared on your feed yet?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20808 on: April 6, 2019, 02:37:19 pm »
Love the clip on twitter for the pink last night on the train. Neil looks gone. Looks like he's run the game himself. That end looked amazing on tele
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #20809 on: April 6, 2019, 03:09:14 pm »
Has Pink appeared on your feed yet?
Yes. This morning 

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #20810 on: April 6, 2019, 05:22:48 pm »

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #20811 on: April 6, 2019, 06:18:24 pm »
A pain.

It came out at 23:39 last night, I know because I uploaded it and checked that it'd gone out ok

« Last Edit: April 6, 2019, 11:03:37 pm by Don Vito Corleone »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #20812 on: April 6, 2019, 08:26:08 pm »
Saturday release of the free show? Interesting

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20813 on: April 6, 2019, 08:37:17 pm »
Saturday release of the free show? Interesting
Played on Friday, we play again on Tuesday...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #20814 on: April 6, 2019, 08:50:17 pm »
Played on Friday, we play again on Tuesday...
Yep, fair point.

It also possibly indicates a growth in capacity and also an understanding that the listenership don’t want to be confined to Monday-Friday shows. I wonder if weekend shows will increase as the business takes this next step with the new app and pay increase.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #20815 on: April 6, 2019, 09:22:57 pm »
The show went up at 23:39 last night
It came out at 23:39 last night, I know because I uploaded it and checked that it'd gone out ok

Wonder why a number of us only got it today? Interesting.

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20816 on: April 6, 2019, 09:30:33 pm »
Wonder why a number of us only got it today? Interesting.

Different time zones between London and The Capital of Football.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #20817 on: April 6, 2019, 10:24:34 pm »
Different time zones between London and The Capital of Football.

Dublin?!  ;D

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #20818 on: April 6, 2019, 11:04:29 pm »
Dublin?!  ;D

Our servers are hosted in Dublin! 😂
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #20819 on: April 7, 2019, 01:49:48 pm »
Catching up on WWCH while I was jogging round Berlin.

I actually managed a laugh at mile 11 when they were talking about the "frauds" who were pleased with teams losing as it meant a better chance for fourth.

More of that this season. No Doom merchants. Wonder at these lads.

Offline Mcbain

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20820 on: April 8, 2019, 07:18:12 pm »
Has it been asked about access to the archives via the app? I've worked through I think most of what we call history, definitely one of my fave sections but I probably have some left. Will the app have everything from the archive or just recent stuff? Cheers
The rain drops

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20821 on: April 8, 2019, 08:13:31 pm »
*Switches on Under The Lights*

Gibbo: "So, Chloe, how old were you when we won in Istanbul"
Chloe: "I was 4"

Me: stares out of window, vaguely hearing a story about how Chloe broke her arm before Instanbul and her parents refused to take her to hospital, but not hearing anything as I'm sobbing softly and thinking about mortality.

Cheers lads.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20822 on: April 8, 2019, 08:22:51 pm »
*Switches on Under The Lights*

Gibbo: "So, Chloe, how old were you when we won in Istanbul"
Chloe: "I was 4"

Me: stares out of window, vaguely hearing a story about how Chloe broke her arm before Instanbul and her parents refused to take her to hospital, but not hearing anything as I'm sobbing softly and thinking about mortality.

Cheers lads.

Mad that. When we got to Istanbul it was 20 years since our previous final and it felt like a lifetime. Certainly.a different era for football. Crazy that’s now 14 years ago, not a dissimilar gap but still feels like 5 minutes ago.

Old age eh, what a bastard. :D

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20823 on: April 8, 2019, 08:33:29 pm »
Mad isn't it? Just brought it home to me that there's a whole generation of Reds now who won't really remember the successful years under Rafa. Guess I'm a proper auldarse now!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #20824 on: April 8, 2019, 09:46:26 pm »
Haha yeah, I missed the rest of what sounded like quite a good story because I kept having to go back and do the maths again.  It does add up, like, it just doesn’t make any earthly sense.

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #20825 on: April 9, 2019, 11:50:17 pm »
Can't go to bed before the post-match pint is up...
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20826 on: April 10, 2019, 08:46:50 am »
New post match still not showing for me in itunes, all I can see is the free preview of it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20827 on: April 10, 2019, 09:26:51 am »
New post match still not showing for me in itunes, all I can see is the free preview of it.

It’s telling me I don’t have permission to access it but might be down to the app I’m using. Other shows that have been uploaded either side of it are playing fine though.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20828 on: April 10, 2019, 12:49:31 pm »
It’s telling me I don’t have permission to access it but might be down to the app I’m using. Other shows that have been uploaded either side of it are playing fine though.

Same, I could get others, just not that one. Can play it on the TAW website though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20829 on: April 10, 2019, 12:53:10 pm »
A Pink and a Gutter, perfect Wednesday commuting combo :D

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #20830 on: April 10, 2019, 01:01:28 pm »

I wonder why my iPhone Podcasts app sometimes takes a while to recognise a show is out? Like I say, if I'm at home, I can just log on the website, no problem at all. And generally, it's not that big a deal, as I often take in podcasts hours after they come out, when I'm out and about. It's only ever an issue for the Southampton special show - as it became redundant when it finally came through and then that Pink - but that one I was in the house as I watched the game at home.

I'll have a flick through the app settings in a bit and try deleting and reinstalling the podcasts app. Fairly certain it has to be a problem my end I think.

Edit: Another idea I had was to just install a third party podcast app alongside the official podcasts one and when I know something has dropped, refresh both.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 01:03:09 pm by Hij »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #20831 on: April 10, 2019, 01:02:01 pm »
A Pink and a Gutter, perfect Wednesday commuting combo :D
Ace! Been asleep most of the morning as I only got home about 4am, so will be getting those on later today.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #20832 on: April 10, 2019, 02:32:55 pm »
Also just seen on the Facebook that there is a podcast award we can vote the wrap at here: https://www.britishpodcastawards.com/vote

I’ve voted!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20833 on: April 10, 2019, 08:11:48 pm »
I can see the Pink in my itunes now, but there's no Gutter like has been mentioned above. Weird how some shows seem to show up quicker for some people than others.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20834 on: April 10, 2019, 11:23:35 pm »
I can see the Pink in my itunes now, but there's no Gutter like has been mentioned above. Weird how some shows seem to show up quicker for some people than others.
All works fine for me on the podcast app.

Shows is on the second that they are put online.

Trying switching your phone on and off properly and check your software is up to date.
W

Offline Hidegkuti

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20835 on: April 11, 2019, 04:00:50 am »
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I accidentally deleted the podcast from my Apple Podcast app, and now I can’t seem to find it in the search... what’s should I type in for the paid service? Is it still TAWPlayer?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #20836 on: April 11, 2019, 06:44:41 am »
None of the post match shows seem to do a front to back / back to front, player by player review like they used to do a while back (unless I'm missing it somewhere) - I used to quite enjoy the evaluation of each players performance which would then be placed in the context of the overall team shape and tactics.

Great listening as always.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20837 on: April 11, 2019, 07:09:52 am »
None of the post match shows seem to do a front to back / back to front, player by player review like they used to do a while back (unless I'm missing it somewhere) - I used to quite enjoy the evaluation of each players performance which would then be placed in the context of the overall team shape and tactics.

Great listening as always.
They made a deliberate decision not to do it any more.

I’d still like to hear it from time to time. Every match got a bit dull though
W

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20838 on: April 11, 2019, 12:25:40 pm »
All works fine for me on the podcast app.

Shows is on the second that they are put online.

Trying switching your phone on and off properly and check your software is up to date.

It's my itunes on my laptop as I load stuff onto my ipod to listen to. I did a complete reinstall of itunes a month or so ago after some issues with it, but it's just this week the Post Match Show and now The Gutter have arrived hours/a day later than other people got them. No great issue as long as they arrive eventually and it'll all be changing with the app soon anyway.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #20839 on: April 11, 2019, 12:47:44 pm »
So have Gareth and Paul Cope pretty much gone now?