Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 274093 times)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
i don't know if years from now this will still be a thing....how modern football will shape up in years to come and its effect on those who go to the game.
saying that we're going back decades already with St Etienne and how the Kop has been a part of footballing folklore.

But even if it does pass and the reality of the special nights witnessed becomes history and history becomes a myth etc....we're lucky that we've experienced a time when our club's home has had this aura about it and we've all lived through it and it is backed up by the people who have played and managed there and the results too not just the fans who will always claim their club is special.

We've moved back up to the heights of European football and im sure trophies will be coming thick and fast now and its great. But atleast for our generation we've seen those great nights and enough of them for it to create a story about us....and know that its a part of history that will be told in years to come

We're lucky
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
i don't know if years from now this will still be a thing....how modern football will shape up in years to come and its effect on those who go to the game.
saying that we're going back decades already with St Etienne and how the Kop has been a part of footballing folklore.

But even if it does pass and the reality of the special nights witnessed becomes history and history becomes a myth etc....we're lucky that we've experienced a time when our club's home has had this aura about it and we've all lived through it and it is backed up by the people who have played and managed there and the results too not just the fans who will always claim their club is special.

We've moved back up to the heights of European football and im sure trophies will be coming thick and fast now and its great. But atleast for our generation we've seen those great nights and enough of them for it to create a story about us....and know that its a part of history that will be told in years to come

We're lucky

It wasn't that long ago that we were feared throughout Europe. In 08-09, Guardiola's Barcelona, the one with peak Messi, Xavi, Iniesta et al, named us as the only team they didn't want to draw in the QFs. It was a longer gap between 1985 (which I was too young to remember) and 2005.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
I gave myself an extended break from rawk so haven’t posted since before this game. When we got beat in barca I saw a great team playing well and one of those nights where everything went right for barca. I felt at 3-0 we were on the brink but well within reach. When dembele missed I had a feeing that could be the turning point. The away end was full of anger. We’d come abroad and played well and got twatted again but I was very confident to the extent where I was pissing people off. Coming away from the nou camp in a tuk tuk I was trying to persuade my mates to get £100 on us to qual at this stage it was like 10/1 to pay for the aways next season. I repeatedly kept saying it was only half time and reminded everyone of our blitz performances of city, roma and also barcas collapse at roma. “After tuesday next week we’ll always call this game the barca game” All the signs were there for a classic night. I even screenshotted my texts in the week coming up to the game as news of salah and firmino being out. Explaining how we are back in the backs against the wall situation that anfield thrives on. I was 100% confident right up until that salah head injury then even I had doubt but come game time I was telling everyone we’d go through. I Unfortunately only had a tenner on us to qualify 22/1 and a tenner on us to win the cup 25/1 as the injuries had reduced my initial confidence. So its game time anfield road lower. Harry wilson is on the row infront of me. The game starts henderson goes close and wins a corner the atmosphere at this point was ballistic. So much so I sort of had to calm down thinking I was gonna pass out and this is 5 minutes in. Then origi scores. Ramps up even more. Then till HT you could feel hope fading everyone seemed convinced if we had a chance we needed 2-0 HT. Was very much hope at this point and not expectation anymore. Then the 5 minutes when gini got 2. Jesus christ. You’d struggle to find a crazier 5 minutes in the history of the stadium. I didn’t even see the 4th and wasnt even aware of the rule that a ref doesnt signal when ready for whatever reason. Then the jubilation at the end all of a sudden it was 3rd may 05 again the sight i’d dreamed of seeing at anfield again. All the staff singing and thanking the kop for what had happened. Many tears were had. Oh and my flights to madrid actually had a use again.

Its great to have a legendary night end in silverware again unlike city last year or sortmund
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
Kudos to the mod(s) who put “Bloody Hell” in the thread title!

That's still the first thing that goes through my mind when I think of that game. Every single aspect of it was just incredible. We'll be bringing this thread up every now and then for years to come.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Kudos to the mod(s) who put “Bloody Hell” in the thread title!

Amen.

If this thread had a gif for a title instead, i'd like to think it would be something like this...

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1147467183737450496

;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Amen.

If this thread had a gif for a title instead, i'd like to think it would be something like this...

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1147467183737450496

;)

Or possibly this one...

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
I gave myself an extended break from rawk so haven’t posted since before this game. When we got beat in barca I saw a great team playing well and one of those nights where everything went right for barca. I felt at 3-0 we were on the brink but well within reach. When dembele missed I had a feeing that could be the turning point. The away end was full of anger. We’d come abroad and played well and got twatted again but I was very confident to the extent where I was pissing people off. Coming away from the nou camp in a tuk tuk I was trying to persuade my mates to get £100 on us to qual at this stage it was like 10/1 to pay for the aways next season. I repeatedly kept saying it was only half time and reminded everyone of our blitz performances of city, roma and also barcas collapse at roma. “After tuesday next week we’ll always call this game the barca game” All the signs were there for a classic night. I even screenshotted my texts in the week coming up to the game as news of salah and firmino being out. Explaining how we are back in the backs against the wall situation that anfield thrives on. I was 100% confident right up until that salah head injury then even I had doubt but come game time I was telling everyone we’d go through. I Unfortunately only had a tenner on us to qualify 22/1 and a tenner on us to win the cup 25/1 as the injuries had reduced my initial confidence. So its game time anfield road lower. Harry wilson is on the row infront of me. The game starts henderson goes close and wins a corner the atmosphere at this point was ballistic. So much so I sort of had to calm down thinking I was gonna pass out and this is 5 minutes in. Then origi scores. Ramps up even more. Then till HT you could feel hope fading everyone seemed convinced if we had a chance we needed 2-0 HT. Was very much hope at this point and not expectation anymore. Then the 5 minutes when gini got 2. Jesus christ. You’d struggle to find a crazier 5 minutes in the history of the stadium. I didn’t even see the 4th and wasnt even aware of the rule that a ref doesnt signal when ready for whatever reason. Then the jubilation at the end all of a sudden it was 3rd may 05 again the sight i’d dreamed of seeing at anfield again. All the staff singing and thanking the kop for what had happened. Many tears were had. Oh and my flights to madrid actually had a use again.

Its great to have a legendary night end in silverware again unlike city last year or sortmund

Good stuff. Interesting to hear there was some disheartened voices in the crowd at not going in 2-0. I was delighted with 1-0 (telly). Yes kinda disappointed we didn't get another, but we saved a few shots of theirs so was pretty happy. Gladly would have taken 1-0 at HT before the game.

DVD arrived today. Yet to watch the whole game in full again, so going to relish it this week.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I still can't get over the feeling when this went in.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

most of them don't turn round till the ball's in the back of the net.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
Everytime I watch the highlights and the 4th goes in I notice the celebrations seem slightly muted in that everyone was scared to celebrate.

Almost like surely this won't be given. Either that or no one could believe the audacity of Trent

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Everytime I watch the highlights and the 4th goes in I notice the celebrations seem slightly muted in that everyone was scared to celebrate.

Almost like surely this won't be given. Either that or no one could believe the audacity of Trent

I was exactly the same in the pub, a full half second behind everybody else as I thought it wouuld be disallowed!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Weird detail I remember from the first leg - Alisson seemingly disobeyed Klopp who wanted him to go forward for the corner we got in injury time.

I think it may even have been from this corner that Barca counter attacked and Dembele missed that chance by putting it straight at Alisson.

If so, what a mad sliding doors moment that was.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

I was the same. It all happened in a split second, but there was a brief moment when it seemed unreal and that it might not stand, but then the elation kicked in.  :shocked  :scarf

Just watching it back again I was thinking that their manager would have been raging at how they switched off there. But then I remembered how niggling and moaning over every decision was a tactic of theirs to disrupt our game that our staff noticed and told the lads to exploit if they could. This corner was a classic example of them doing just that. We caught them not just napping, but comatose.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:23:02 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Watched this this morning a few things stood out:

1) Barcelona had a fuck load of chances to score ... not that surprising given how good they are and we needed to attack but its fascinating to think what a ledge we were perched on all game and how easily one of our greatest nights could not have happened
2) Our midfield is fucking outrageous .... animals all of them
3) the gap between the 2nd and 3rd goal is incredibly small... I think the ball is only in play for about 30 seconds. In that time VVD makes a match defining tackle/press to win it off Messi in the centre circle and get us on the attack and then we just fly at them. Barcelona are the literal rabbit in headlights at this point - its the living embodiment of the Anfield Effect. Some of the best players in the world looking like little boys who can't remember their jobs.
4) YNWA at the end might be my favourite ever moment as a Liverpool fan. Can't remember the players ever singing it with the fans like that - just an incredible, organic joyous moment I'll never forget

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I see the knobhead who pushed the guy in the fountain in Barcelona has been banned for 3 years today. Apparently he also pulled down a stewards pants on the last day of the season at Anfield.

Sounds a bit of a twat.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I see the knobhead who pushed the guy in the fountain in Barcelona has been banned for 3 years today. Apparently he also pulled down a stewards pants on the last day of the season at Anfield.

Sounds a bit of a twat.
I was just going to post that.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/coward-liverpool-fan-who-pushed-16561430

Lives right by Sefton Park. I wondered why he looked familier.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I don't think any of us ever will!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/coward-liverpool-fan-who-pushed-16561430

Pulled your pants down there as well has he?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I'll knock him out if he tries it.  ;D  :moon

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Weird detail I remember from the first leg - Alisson seemingly disobeyed Klopp who wanted him to go forward for the corner we got in injury time.

I think it may even have been from this corner that Barca counter attacked and Dembele missed that chance by putting it straight at Alisson.

I think you’re right. And yeah, they could have ended up with a tap in that killed the tie. Ah well. :D

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat

I think a lot didn’t even see it, it happened so quick. Deffo happened to my mate and a few around us.
AHA!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Shearer is fantastic here. So enthusiastic. He's been entranced by the atmosphere.
I agree. This needs to be stored somewhere. A special, special night.

I really took a shine to him when he came to Anfield as Newcastle managed. We sang “Alan Shearer, football genius” as we beat them. He just smiled and gave a us a wave.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

57 years of age.

Fuck me the worst case of arrested development known to man.

Bullying an innocent foreigner and debagging a steward Mullen must be trying for membership to the Bullingdon Club.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think a lot didn’t even see it, it happened so quick. Deffo happened to my mate and a few around us.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Watched this this morning a few things stood out:

1) Barcelona had a fuck load of chances to score ... not that surprising given how good they are and we needed to attack but its fascinating to think what a ledge we were perched on all game and how easily one of our greatest nights could not have happened
2) Our midfield is fucking outrageous .... animals all of them
3) the gap between the 2nd and 3rd goal is incredibly small... I think the ball is only in play for about 30 seconds. In that time VVD makes a match defining tackle/press to win it off Messi in the centre circle and get us on the attack and then we just fly at them. Barcelona are the literal rabbit in headlights at this point - its the living embodiment of the Anfield Effect. Some of the best players in the world looking like little boys who can't remember their jobs.
4) YNWA at the end might be my favourite ever moment as a Liverpool fan. Can't remember the players ever singing it with the fans like that - just an incredible, organic joyous moment I'll never forget
It was a lovely moment that lead all the way back from the West Brom draw a few years ago

Klopp got slaughtered for taking the players to the Kop that day, but when we wound the clock forwards, there is a clear link to the determination and steel he was celebrating that day and the performance against Barca. 
The roots of that victory were sewn in 2014, the were nurtured by Klopp in to the huge tree we see today.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Haha  ;D
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
I really took a shine to him when he came to Anfield as Newcastle managed. We sang “Alan Shearer, football genius” as we beat them. He just smiled and gave a us a wave.

Think it was " you should have stayed on the telly" when he smiled and waved.

Cracking audio of him. Just got carried away ..and who could blame him.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was a lovely moment that lead all the way back from the West Brom draw a few years ago

Klopp got slaughtered for taking the players to the Kop that day, but when we wound the clock forwards, there is a clear link to the determination and steel he was celebrating that day and the performance against Barca. 
The roots of that victory were sewn in 2014, the were nurtured by Klopp in to the huge tree we see today.

I agree. Klopp got slaughtered because even in Germany they only do that after a win and we did it after a draw, but it worked.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader

It was the other way around! Alisson started running towards their goal and Klopp was not having any of it and just ordered him to go back.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I agree. Klopp got slaughtered because even in Germany they only do that after a win and we did it after a draw, but it worked.

They can do it any time in Germany, that's the whole point really, it isn't to celebrate the results so much, it is to thank the fans. Many times teams in Germany will do this after losses as well, especially away from home, they will go and stand right in front of the fans as a team, not just a half hearted clap from the half way line.

Sometimes they do it when the fans are not happy as well, and will take the abuse.

Kloppo got slaughtered for it because people didn't understand the concept, and where not willing to understand it after he explained it either.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
They can do it any time in Germany, that's the whole point really, it isn't to celebrate the results so much, it is to thank the fans. Many times teams in Germany will do this after losses as well, especially away from home, they will go and stand right in front of the fans as a team, not just a half hearted clap from the half way line.

Sometimes they do it when the fans are not happy as well, and will take the abuse.

Kloppo got slaughtered for it because people didn't understand the concept, and where not willing to understand it after he explained it either.

Do those same fuckers understand the number 6?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.

:lmao
Better looking than Samie.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
57 years of age.

Fuck me the worst case of arrested development known to man.

Bullying an innocent foreigner and debagging a steward Mullen must be trying for membership to the Bullingdon Club.
just as bad as him are them fellas who screamed with laughter when the guy went in the fountain, they need banning too the twats

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Six, you say?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:47:22 pm by sms1986 »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
If they didn't before, I think they are getting the picture now.  :D

:champ :champ :champ  :scarf :champ :champ :champ

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think any of us ever will!

I missed everything until the ball hit the net, i had looked away thinking there would be a break for the corner then everybody around me started going mad, I looked up and it was in! I fell off the back of my seat and I’m sure I got something in my eye as there was some moisture there, what an unbelievable night. Unbearable? You better fucking believe it!

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
listening to all the top people in football talking about our incredible fans who make anfield what it is ...invincible in must win games...well those who dont make the effort need to have a think about the role they could play too,hats off to the lads and lasses who bust a lung ,lose a voice for several days too
the others ?...join in and we can make it even better....it feels great yer know
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Always a pleasure reading such posts.

Now get me a link for a European Cup replica, please?  :D

I was just browsing the internet and spotted the exact same half-sized replica European Cup as I bought. The difference with this one in the ebay link is that they have engraved theirs and also put the cup on a detachable base.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123831337265

Some posters have asked me to post a picture of mine, but I don't know how to post pictures, hence the link to this one online.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:46:02 am by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Was walking in the mall today and was wearing my Liverpool home shirt. Someone from afar yelled out by saying “I don’t like you”. I turned around and there was a guy sitting at a kiosk and as I looked at him he says “I’m a Barca fan. I don’t like you”. It wasn’t malicious just in good taste and good banter.

I just walked away smiling. European champions!
YWNA

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
I love that this thread is still being used