Author Topic: PL: West Ham 2 vs 2 Liverpool Bowen 43’Robbo 48’ og (tit) 65’ Antonio 77’  (Read 17129 times)

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Miss a load of chances then concede a soft goal, rinse and repeat. Much better second half but yeat agaib we don't show the ruthlessness required to finish games off either by shutting down the game or scoring more goals.

Sad that this season will end up being remembered for the last month instead of what had been achieved till then.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Miss a load of chances then concede a soft goal, rinse and repeat. Much better second half but yeat agaib we don't show the ruthlessness required to finish games off either by shutting down the game or scoring more goals.

Sad that this season will end up being remembered for the last month instead of what had been achieved till then.

This has been one horrid April. Glad to see the back of it. When you actually need an international break …
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Isn’t it something like 23 times this season this side have fallen behind? The attack gets a lot of stick and rightly so but let’s be honest our defence is equally poor. It’s just so easy for teams to score, we’ve been conceding huge chances and opposition attackers have been in glorious isolation in our box.. We’ve completely lost the ability to function in either box, the lads are already on the beach and if everyone is honest, the manager, the players and the fans, we’re all just waiting for the season to end. Was a great season up until the Utd cup game, God only knows why we imploded completely since then but alas it is what it is.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I knew exactly what to expect, so took the dog to the beach instead.

Roll on next season. Come on you Mighty Reds!
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ah bollox to that,i wasn't gonna go out and drink today,thanks Redmen.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Aww, man. Gakpo, just kick it in the fucking net and then let Taylor explain why he blew up. No goal kick. No foul. No free kick. No encroachment.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Aww, man. Gakpo, just kick it in the fucking net and then let Taylor explain why he blew up. No goal kick. No foul. No free kick. No encroachment.

Taylor blowing his whistle ends that phase of play and VAR cannot intervene. Taylor knew what he was doing. He cheated and then stopped Areola from taking the goal kick twice and called on the Physio. We need to stop blaming our players and just acknowledge we are being fucked over.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Amazed how many thought the performance or second half was good.

I like that some of the players showed a lot of desire, especially Mac, Robbo, Gravenberch, Gakpo and Diaz. But we have so little cutting edge, look so shakey at the back, and I never thought we had the game under control at any point.

Elliott worked hard but was a headless chicken and while I've loved his contributions until recently, Endo has the desire but not the performance level at the moment.

Overall I'm glad of the point to all but confirm top 4, but it's sad to say that given where we were 4-6 weeks ago.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
I maintain not signing a centre-back in January has cost us the league. Everything seemed to drain from the team after that back pass by Quansah at Barad-Dûr. We desperately need a centre back pair that can be relied upon to start at least 30 Premier League games together. You cannot win a league by chopping and changing the defence so much.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
The ref had blown and knowing Taylor, he'd have booked him for kicking the ball away.

Fuck it. Take the booking and let the ref explain himself.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
I maintain not signing a centre-back in January has cost us the league. Everything seemed to drain from the team after that back pass by Quansah at Barad-Dûr. We desperately need a centre back pair that can be relied upon to start at least 30 Premier League games together. You cannot win a league by chopping and changing the defence so much.
We had a clear cut opportunity seconds after to retake the lead LOL.

It's not young Jarrell Quansah's fault. We're an attacking team that doesn't mind conceding goals as we normally score enough but our attack went out of form in the run-in.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Isn’t it something like 23 times this season this side have fallen behind? The attack gets a lot of stick and rightly so but let’s be honest our defence is equally poor. It’s just so easy for teams to score, we’ve been conceding huge chances and opposition attackers have been in glorious isolation in our box.. We’ve completely lost the ability to function in either box, the lads are already on the beach and if everyone is honest, the manager, the players and the fans, we’re all just waiting for the season to end. Was a great season up until the Utd cup game, God only knows why we imploded completely since then but alas it is what it is.
Yes, 23rd time I believe. It's completely unsustainable. It hands the opposition encouragement and initiative every time. I'm convinced it's a big reason for the collapse. Opposition realized they could let us have 70%+ of the ball and we'd struggle to do anything with it. They also saw that we were incredibly lazy in first halves and vulnerable, so they went for it from the off, putting us on the back foot and having to chase. You can only do this constant chasing so many times before it saps you energy mentally and physically.

This is why I say the collapse is entirely on us. We've not been done over by better sides. We've gone out of our way to show our opponents how to beat us, so they've naturally obliged. Today, I was surprised it took West Ham as long as it did to go one up. I didn't even bother watching today. The script is the same, game after game now. We've surrendered the initiative, and once you do that you're in trouble.

The season is over for me now. It's just about giving Jürgen a great farewell, taking a break, then focusing on supporting us next season with a fresh slate. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:27:43 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Buster Gonad

• Kopite

Yea I  think it's 16 times in the league we've been behind. Basically half our games. We've played 8 games in April and conceded 12 goals playing against mostly poor teams.
It felt all season like we were getting away with it defensively by scoring a lot of goals and in hindsight we could never win a league like that but we've fallen apart quite drastically all the same.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
The ref is a fucking cheat. What reason does he have to blow his whistle when the ball drops to Cody?

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Yea I  think it's 16 times in the league we've been behind. Basically half our games. We've played 8 games in April and conceded 12 goals playing against mostly poor teams.
It felt all season like we were getting away with it defensively by scoring a lot of goals and in hindsight we could never win a league like that but we've fallen apart quite drastically all the same.

Was it last season or the season before when we kept falling behind all the time? I'm sure it's been a feature before this season.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader

It's not young Jarrell Quansah's fault. We're an attacking team that doesn't mind conceding goals as we normally score enough but our attack went out of form in the run-in.

I'm not blaming him, he's been excellent but overplayed. When you have Trent as an attacking right back you need your right centre-back to be perfect. Klopp's decision to give his faith to Quansah will benefit us massively in the long-term but for Jürgen's sake I wish they had helped him out a bit in his last ever transfer window with us. The league was there to be won.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
The ref is a fucking cheat. What reason does he have to blow his whistle when the ball drops to Cody?

Taylor quite simply should not be doing Liverpool or Everton games. It wasn't just that decision look at how he somehow missed the ball being taken away from Nunez when he would have had a tap-in and gave a goal kick. Or Macca being stamped on by Paqueta.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
We have this ability to make shite teams look decent, Arsenal got 6 vs these.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan

We beat Fulham home and away something they failed to do.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

6 goals? Cos they didn’t get 6 points.

West Ham beat them at the Emirates.

But agree with the general point that we’re making heavy weather of things.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I always thought it was the city game/. All over them and couldn't win. For me it started then.
I'd definitely agree with that, we were lucky against Forest just before that as well.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
You’re full of hot takes today. You’ll be comparing Quansah to Jay Spearing and Luis Alberto next.

Not signing a Centre back has nothing to do with the whole squad seemingly losing focus, falling out of form or whatever the fuck has happened
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
I'd definitely agree with that, we were lucky against Forest just before that as well.

Yeah City game for me too, had more than enough chances to win that. Same vs United and Arsenal at home, we do not have the quality in attack that we had a couple of years ago.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kinell some of you are desperate to put the lack of form all on the Utd Cup game aren't you, carry on if it makes yoh feel better but we played well in games after that, just couldn't fucking score in one of them.

If we cant score then it doesn’t matter how it looks on the eye, and iMO we’ve been shite on that too.    Boring crap.  You get what you deserve.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
6 goals? Cos they didn’t get 6 points.

West Ham beat them at the Emirates.

But agree with the general point that we’re making heavy weather of things.

Yeah 6 goals at theirs I mean, they’re shite and we should be putting them to the sword.

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
I feel for the players and the club staff right now as I'm sure they're all gutted and knackered. It's a good character building experience for the younger players and gives a taste of the level required to win. Other than that, nothing to see here. We take our league cup and get on w it
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah 6 goals at theirs I mean, they’re shite and we should be putting them to the sword.

They were shite today as well. Seemed to be falling over themselves (literally for the second goal) to give us the points. Thought they were passive as fuck and there was always space between the lines for us. We just weren't good enough to take advantage of it and not focused enough to keep any control.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
Feel so down, I hate the way this is ending for Klopp because he’s given everything and this is how the team reward him? Salah needs to sit down and shut up, he’s a shadow of his former self and in no position to complain about not starting. Too many players with an eye on the euros, copa America or moves abroad. I want Bradley, Clark and Danns back in because they actually have fight in them.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...

It's amazing that some people have a go at him. Jarrell is only 21. I think he is going to be great player in the future. Ok he has made some mistakes but he is still so young (especially as centre backs go). I honestly think he will turn into a pretty special player when he hits his prime.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They were shite today as well. Seemed to be falling over themselves (literally for the second goal) to give us the points. Thought they were passive as fuck and there was always space between the lines for us. We just weren't good enough to take advantage of it and not focused enough to keep any control.

West Ham were on the beach ffs.  Didn’t want to know.  Would’ve taken a 5-0 job.  They simply came up against a dead team.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Yes, 23rd time I believe. It's completely unsustainable. It hands the opposition encouragement and initiative every time. I'm convinced it's a big reason for the collapse. Opposition realized they could let us have 70%+ of the ball and we'd struggle to do anything with it. They also saw that we were incredibly lazy in first halves and vulnerable, so they went for it from the off, putting us on the back foot and having to chase. You can only do this constant chasing so many times before it saps you energy mentally and physically.

This is why I say the collapse is entirely on us. We've not been done over by better sides. We've gone out of our way to show our opponents how to beat us, so they've naturally obliged. Today, I was surprised it took West Ham as long as it did to go one up. I didn't even bother watching today. The script is the same, game after game now. We've surrendered the initiative, and once you do that you're in trouble.

The season is over for me now. It's just about giving Jürgen a great farewell, taking a break, then focusing on supporting us next season with a fresh slate.

I think when Klopp arrived he inherited a decent pressing team which had goals in it but was vulnerable defensively which he had to fix. He gradually improved us with some great signings and brought us that heavy metal football that we had all craved and no team would start matches faster or with as much intensity. However that came with a price and players appeared to become gassed towards the end of a game and indeed towards the end of a season. Klopp continued to evolve and adapt the system and introduced more control to our game and part of that was about the conservation of energy which is when you see lots of pointless passes between the back four but the improved endurance that came with that helped us to the title. We'd also moved from going all out attack from minute one to picking our moments based on our control of a game. We'd also improved massively both defending set pieces and scoring from them and were probably the best in the league at that time. For those couple of years the team looked invincible with all departments performing at a very high level and operating to a clearly defined system of play.

The evolution and tweaks to the system are essential to keep ahead of the field otherwise you become predictable and opposition sides will work out their own strategy to defeat it, we see it time and again whereby sides become a surprise package only to get worked out over time. Liverpool holding a very high line to catch the opposition off side on set pieces was a very bold innovation, aided by dare I say it the introduction of VAR but this can be defeated with clever late or unusual runs and a good free kick specialist. The very high line in normal play is also very brave and has never been without risk with a capable opposition team - that bravery and risk is part of the Klopp template and I think we've all been willing to embrace that given the exceptional football that we've witnessed with it. It can go spectacularly wrong when some of the jigsaw pieces are missing, think about the centre back crisis that we went through.

Sadly I think many of our jigsaw piece replacements are not of the same level and our best players are still from the class of 19/20, Nunez is such a strange signing for our system and Gakpo looks decent but not exceptional. We are predictable and I'm not sure whether the laziness that you mention is entirely down to us or the opposition setting up to stop us playing through them, nothing is on so we resort to the pointless passing between the back four, on the face of it it looks like we are in 'control' because we have long periods with the ball in useless areas of the pitch which the opposition is happy with. Even when we do start like a house on fire the opposition know that they only have to withstand the 10-15 minute burst, they know that they will get their own chances and they will invariably be high quality. Our risky system provides for those chances and they are usually high quality possibly because of a drop in quality of our personnel. Our chances on the other hand don't tend to be as high a quality due to blanket defending, having said that we miss far too many chances and that is down to the quality of the players.

I think since Klopp's announcement there has been what feels like an element of desperation from the fans, the players and the staff for us to win the league like as if it would be our last ever opportunity ever but guess what, Klopp leaving is not the end of the world for this club and life will go on, we play for the league title every year. That desperation is emotionally draining for the fans and must be affecting the players too, many look tight on taking chances. The flaws in the system are being exposed but those flaws have always been there and the team has just been better at managing them. From a personal point of view I rarely watch any game that doesn't involve Liverpool and its been that case for a while, I despise the cheating and refereeing that goes on in this league and there a few teams that I just dislike. I'd come to the conclusion that I might stop watching football all together after Klopp's departure but that has actually happened earlier than I expected. It was the City game that did it for me, I was left emotionally spent after that game and realised I just had too much invested in following the team and I haven't enjoyed watching us for a while - so why do it? I don't think that makes me fickle, I'll always be a fan and just need a break from the actual experience of watching us. I can always come back to it when I've recharged, I've had long breaks from it before post Hillsborough and things can change over time. The footballing authorities might eventually clean up this league.       
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 09:31:40 pm by Yosser0_0 »
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gakpo didnt continue because he probably thought he would be booked. 

Just take the booking and leave the ref with a headache.  With only a few games left what difference would a booking make?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Just take the booking and leave the ref with a headache.  With only a few games left what difference would a booking make?

Right.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Just end the season already

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
West Ham were on the beach ffs.  Didn’t want to know.  Would’ve taken a 5-0 job.  They simply came up against a dead team.

West Ham are fighting for a European place.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
I think when Klopp arrived he inherited a decent pressing team which had goals in it but was vulnerable defensively which he had to fix. He gradually improved us with some great signings and brought us that heavy metal football that we had all craved and no team would start matches faster or with as much intensity. However that came with a price and players appeared to become gassed towards the end of a game and indeed towards the end of a season. Klopp continued to evolve and adapt the system and introduced more control to our game and part of that was about the conservation of energy which is when you see lots of pointless passes between the back four but the improved endurance that came with that helped us to the title. We'd also moved from going all out attack from minute one to picking our moments based on our control of a game. We'd also improved massively both defending set pieces and scoring from them and were probably the best in the league at that time. For those couple of years the team looked invincible with all departments performing at a very high level and operating to a clearly defined system of play.

The evolution and tweaks to the system are essential to keep ahead of the field otherwise you become predictable and opposition sides will work out their own strategy to defeat it, we see it time and again whereby sides become a surprise package only to get worked out over time. Liverpool holding a very high line to catch the opposition off side on set pieces was a very bold innovation, aided by dare I say it the introduction of VAR but this can be defeated with clever late or unusual runs and a good free kick specialist. The very high line in normal play is also very brave and has never been without risk with a capable opposition team - that bravery and risk is part of the Klopp template and I think we've all been willing to embrace that given the exceptional football that we've witnessed with it. It can go spectacularly wrong when some of the jigsaw pieces are missing, think about the centre back crisis that we went through.

Sadly I think many of our jigsaw piece replacements are not of the same level and our best players are still from the class of 19/20, Nunez is such a strange signing for our system and Gakpo looks decent but not exceptional. We are predictable and I'm not sure whether the laziness that you mention is entirely down to us or the opposition setting up to stop us playing through them, nothing is on so we resort to the pointless passing between the back four, on the face of it it looks like we are in 'control' because we have long periods with the ball in useless areas of the pitch which the opposition is happy with. Even when we do start like a house on fire the opposition know that they only have to withstand the 10-15 minute burst, they know that they will get their own chances and they will invariably be high quality. Our risky system provides for those chances and they are usually high quality possibly because of a drop in quality of our personnel. Our chances on the other hand don't tend to be as high a quality due to blanket defending, having said that we miss far too many chances and that is down to the quality of the players.

I think since Klopp's announcement there has been what feels like an element of desperation from the fans, the players and the staff for us to win the league like as if it would be our last ever opportunity ever but guess what, Klopp leaving is not the end of the world for this club and life will go on, we play for the league title every year. That desperation is emotionally draining for the fans and must be affecting the players too, many look tight on taking chances. The flaws in the system are being exposed but those flaws have always been there and the team has just been better at managing them. From a personal point of view I rarely watch any game that doesn't involve Liverpool and its been that case for a while, I despise the cheating and refereeing that goes on in this league and there a few teams that I just dislike. I'd come to the conclusion that I might stop watching football all together after Klopp's departure but that has actually happened earlier than I expected. It was the City game that did it for me, I was left emotionally spent after that game and realised I just had too much invested in following the team and I haven't enjoyed watching us for a while - so why do it? I don't think that makes me fickle, I'll always be a fan and just need a break from the actual experience of watching us. I can always come back to it when I've recharged, I've had long breaks from it before post Hillsborough and things can change over time. The footballing authorities might eventually clean up this league.       

Great post and agree with a lot of that, especially emotionally investing into playing a game that we all know is rigged. Worst thing was today my 7 year old son saying, dad please don't be angry  :-\ I stopped being angry a few games ago (well tell a lie I was fuming on Wednesday, but my son was asleep!  ;D) but shitty to see the impact the game has on those around you, fair enough if it's a fair game but it isn't. If we're feeling this way, imagine how Klopp and despondent some of the players are, little wonder Klopp wants a break from the game.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we cant score then it doesn’t matter how it looks on the eye, and iMO we’ve been shite on that too.    Boring crap.  You get what you deserve.
True but the point is even if losing to Utd was the start point of our shiteness it didn't make out form drop off a cliff, we've got to that point by not putting away our chances in the games after that leading to us losing our confidence all over thd pitch as a result. That first half of thd Utd league game was one of the best we've played at OT and I count the 5-0 in that too so we've clearly played well in games up until the last couple of weeks imo.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Very disappointed today. West Ham didn’t press us and they gave us lots of space to play in. They defended quite well and we didn’t create a lot of good chances.

West Ham had very few chances and took theirs well.

We really should have won but our defending was poor at times and so was our final ball.
#JFT97

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
I feel for the players and the club staff right now as I'm sure they're all gutted and knackered. It's a good character building experience for the younger players and gives a taste of the level required to win. Other than that, nothing to see here. We take our league cup and get on w it

Knackered? How much football has Trent, Salah, Konate, Quansah, Robertson, Jones, Alisson, Gravenberch etc played recently? Not much. Isn't there a reason we should have a squad so we can rotate? fresh legs or are they knackered too?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Some heavy arguing going on between the team after conceding the goals. I’m sure it’ll come out in years to come what caused the past 6 weeks to turn into a clowns car.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family