Author Topic: The Attack  (Read 394857 times)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
Re: The Attack
« Reply #4520 on: March 27, 2015, 10:10:51 pm »
Englands best players are Rooney and Sterling (depending on your point of view) - one of them is on 300k a week and has peaked the other is 20 and is at least 3 years from his peak .... Seriously why does anyone care what he gets in his new contract just get him signed!
Oh and can we not play him at wingback again ever...ta

Weird that everyone you seem to hear speaking at the game says fuck his demands off and those on the internet say give him anything he wants.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4521 on: March 27, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »
Weird that everyone you seem to hear speaking at the game says fuck his demands off and those on the internet say give him anything he wants.

Some of the abuse he's getting at the game recently is out of order though, people waiting for him to misplace a pass or lose possession so they can stick the knife in. I agree with what Mike Nevin says about it right now

Mike Nevin @michaeltnevin  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Pains me to say it but our crowd are going to be a big factor in us losing Sterling.

The entire situation is fucked
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4522 on: March 27, 2015, 10:27:26 pm »
Some of the abuse he's getting at the game recently is out of order though, people waiting for him to misplace a pass or lose possession so they can stick the knife in. I agree with what Mike Nevin says about it right now

Mike Nevin @michaeltnevin  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Pains me to say it but our crowd are going to be a big factor in us losing Sterling.

The entire situation is fucked
Utter bullshit. The crowd love him. Thing is the crowd can't meet his and his agents wage demands.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4523 on: March 27, 2015, 10:28:18 pm »
Utter bullshit. The crowd love him. Thing is the crowd can't meet his and his agents wage demands.

You must be lucky where you sit then, because i've seen him getting shit for a while now
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4524 on: March 27, 2015, 10:29:20 pm »
He should go to Madrid. They're an exceptionally supportive and forgiving crowd.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4525 on: March 27, 2015, 10:32:00 pm »
You must be lucky where you sit then, because i've seen him getting shit for a while now
Not been to a match for a while. If that is the case it is out of order, but I can certainly understand where people are coming from being pissed off with it all. But wishing him to misplace a pass etc to abuse him, that is crossing the line. Hope you gave them an earful (provided they weren't the type to deck you...;)).
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4526 on: March 27, 2015, 10:36:56 pm »

Absolute bollocks

Internet as divided as the match-going reds I've spoke to

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4527 on: March 27, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »
Not been to a match for a while.

Not sure that the crowd are wishing mistakes, but tere is a definite resentment building, and I don't think any of it is doing his game any favours.

Haven't heard any of the just give him what he wants at the game that appears prevalent in here.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4528 on: March 27, 2015, 10:40:11 pm »
Absolute bollocks

Its not bollox mate, its my experience of going the game and reading on here.

I've not heard a single match going red say meet his wage demands, its all over this place, read the thread

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4529 on: March 27, 2015, 10:44:14 pm »
Give him the 150k he wants and i very much doubt the crowd will then make him change his mind. Such a fucking excuse that one. He is being greedy and there is no way he should be getting 150k.

Also i am sure Sterling will love it a place like Madrid. Just tell him to leave his car somewhere safe

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #4530 on: March 27, 2015, 10:45:40 pm »
Give him the 150k he wants and i very much doubt the crowd will then make him change his mind.

Also i am sure Sterling will love it a place like Madrid. Just tell him to leave his car somewhere safe

?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4531 on: March 27, 2015, 10:47:15 pm »
Absolute bollocks

nonsense ...John's right....I don't know anyone who goes the game that has the same laissez-faire attitude to the players ludicrous wage demands that the internet brigade seems to have .......

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4532 on: March 27, 2015, 10:57:48 pm »

nonsense ...John's right....I don't know anyone who goes the game that has the same laissez-faire attitude to the players ludicrous wage demands that the internet brigade seems to have .......

What ludicrous demands?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4533 on: March 27, 2015, 10:59:31 pm »
What ludicrous demands?

150k a week?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4534 on: March 27, 2015, 11:01:16 pm »
Look liverpool Fc created their own mess by giving an injury prone forwad 150k per week.

Sterling and Hendo have every right to want close to that or the same.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4535 on: March 27, 2015, 11:01:36 pm »
150k a week?

If he has asked for that (and we don't know that he has... but if he has) why is it ludicrous??
 (which means absurd dictionary.com tells me...)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4536 on: March 27, 2015, 11:02:38 pm »
Look liverpool Fc created their own mess by giving an injury prone forwad 150k per week.

Sterling and Hendo have every right to want close to that or the same.

That's not fair to the club.
Sturridge is on half Rooneys wage - it's hard to argue he's not on a fair market rate

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4537 on: March 27, 2015, 11:03:32 pm »
If he has asked for that (and we don't know that he has... but if he has) why is it ludicrous??
 (which means absurd dictionary.com tells me...)

Because he hasnt ever won anything and is only in his 3rd full season in the first team. He wasnt exactly a regular in his first 2 either. His wage demands are based all on potential.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4538 on: March 27, 2015, 11:05:32 pm »
Sturridge is on half Rooneys wage - it's hard to argue he's not on a fair market rate

Rooney has won Champions League, multiple league titles and pretty much almost everything at club level and scored a shit load of goals. He has been a key member of Utd's side for years, not a side act. He is still only 29.

300k is ridiculous, but noway should Sterling be earning anywhere near what Rooney earns

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #4539 on: March 27, 2015, 11:05:43 pm »
Sterling will likely be gone from this club within the next few years, regardless of what we give him now.

What's happening now with him and his agent is just the start of it.

I'm not sure what the point is in just giving him whatever he wants, it's not going to buy his loyalty.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4540 on: March 27, 2015, 11:06:29 pm »

Well Sterling is worth about 50-60m
Sturridge about 30m

You can see why Sterlings camp want what Sturridge.

Sturridge wasn't worth his 150k.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4541 on: March 27, 2015, 11:07:01 pm »
Sterling will likely be gone from this club within the next few years, regardless of what we give him now.

What's happening now with him and his agent is just the start of it.

I'm not sure what the point is in just giving him whatever he wants, it's not going to buy his loyalty.

Indeed. He doesnt strike me as someone who is going to hang around for a long time anyway.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4542 on: March 27, 2015, 11:07:21 pm »
Rooney has won Champions League, multiple league titles and pretty much almost everything at club level and scored a shit load of goals. He has been a key member of Utd's side for years, not a side act. He is still only 29.

300k is ridiculous, but noway should Sterling be earning anywhere near what Rooney earns

He was talking about Sturridge.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4543 on: March 27, 2015, 11:07:51 pm »
Sturridge about 30m

How can you say that? He scored 21 league goals last season. He was the 2nd best player after Suarez.

He also has won more than Sterling as well including a CL medal.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4544 on: March 27, 2015, 11:07:55 pm »
Sturridge about 30m

I mean fine - but it's a moot point as he was clearly worth over a 100k a week unless we're operating in a world where wages are what lfc want them to be and the rest of the football world doesn't exist

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4545 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:15 pm »
Indeed. He doesnt strike me as someone who is going to hang around for a long time anyway.

He has been here since 15 Killer.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4546 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:26 pm »
Regardless of what people think is value is, I have no doubt, the way that the whole scenario has played out has been a joke.

Fact is that he was telling all and sundry a few short weeks ago that his contract would be extended then shelved talks. I'm not really arsed about it one way or another, but don't think that the club have handled it particularly well and really wonder about his motivation.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4547 on: March 27, 2015, 11:09:06 pm »
Suarez`s wages were upped mid-season when he started scoring at a ridiculous rate. Surely Sterling will know that if next season he fulfills his potential and goes on a goal-scoring spree he will be rewarded adequately even if it means 200-250k.

Can`t help but feel he`s weighing his options and testing the market a bit.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4548 on: March 27, 2015, 11:09:26 pm »
How can you say that? He scored 21 league goals last season. He was the 2nd best player after Suarez.

He also has won more than Sterling as well including a CL medal.

Because Sterling is still worth more to the club.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4549 on: March 27, 2015, 11:11:40 pm »
Because Sterling is still worth more to the club.

Thats different to him deserving it though.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #4550 on: March 27, 2015, 11:12:11 pm »
Sturridge about 30m

Sterling is worth that based on potential, not what his performances right now are worth. He is yet to perform to the level that Sturridge has here.

We shouldn't pay him a wage based on what he could do in the future if he fulfills his potential, because it's unlikely that we will see much of his prime at this club.

If he was going to sign a 10 year contract and commit to spending his prime at the club, then fine, pay him more than what he's worth now to keep him happy. But obviously that's not going to happen.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4551 on: March 27, 2015, 11:12:41 pm »
Regardless of what people think is value is, I have no doubt, the way that the whole scenario has played out has been a joke.

Fact is that he was telling all and sundry a few short weeks ago that his contract would be extended then shelved talks. I'm not really arsed about it one way or another, but don't think that the club have handled it particularly well and really wonder about his motivation.

Do you mean on the pitch or off it?

Off it his motivation is to earn the most he can - as it should be
On it I've never seen him give less than 100% in a gave even when he's been obviously tired

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4552 on: March 27, 2015, 11:13:24 pm »
McMananaman was worth more to the club than Fowler 12 months before he shit on it and walked, he's never been worth more in my eyes.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4553 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:00 pm »
Thats different to him deserving it though.

So Sturridge is derserves as in one season he scores a load of goals.

However, Sterling wins the award for being the best teenager in Europe.

Sterling also goes on to be Liverpool's and England's main future hope while Sturridge continues to be injury phone.

Sorry but Sterling is worth as much as Sturridge.

It seems that because Sturridge has what he wants then it's fair enough.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4554 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:08 pm »
Do you mean on the pitch or off it?

Off it his motivation is to earn the most he can - as it should be
On it I've never seen him give less than 100% in a gave even when he's been obviously tired

I'm not knocking the lad, I just struggle to understand him.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4555 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:43 pm »

I've seen a lot of speculation that it's long been clear that Sterling and the club are miles apart on the wages and the leaking of his demands was designed to sour the fan's opinion of him so that the club would look better should they choose to sell. Total conspiracy theory but not out of the realm of possibility. The leak was surely designed to put pressure on Sterling one way or another.

He'll be off in the next few years one way or another. Be interesting to see if Bayern follow up their supposed interest.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4556 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:52 pm »

You speak like you know him personally?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4557 on: March 27, 2015, 11:18:29 pm »
I'm not knocking the lad, I just struggle to understand him.

Do you understand Henderson?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4558 on: March 27, 2015, 11:20:42 pm »

Sterling also goes on to be Liverpool's and England's main future hope while Sturridge continues to be injury phone.

You are not even trying to compare what Sturridge has done and scored for us compared to what Sterling has done. One season? He scored from the moment he signed the season before as well. He has won a Champions league medal. His value and ability is all based on potential. Sturridge has scored an amazing amount of goals for us and as such has deserved his contract. He has also ahieved more in his career than Sterling.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4559 on: March 27, 2015, 11:21:04 pm »

Sturridge deserves it because he has a track record to deserve it. You don't get contracts just on what you do at a club, but also what you've done in the past, and Sturridge has the medals to back his claims up, to be fair to him. Sterling doesn't. You can see why there's an impasse. As I said before, at the same age, Owen and Fowler were smashing the goals in left, right and centre. Sterling right now is still a lot of potential and not enough end product. He's not a winner yet. Sturridge is. So there is a legitimate viewpoint from the club that he's not yet worth what Sturridge is worth.
Better looking than Samie.