Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493632 times)

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #2560 on: August 1, 2020, 08:13:31 am »
Should we use this situation and try to nick someone from our rivals? When we were in bad situation, even Arsenal was trying to steal Suarez and Reina from us. Not to mention Gerrard when Manutd and Chelsea were trying to get him. City with Agger etc.

Time to show our MASSIVE balls and unsettle all these bastards. Although with Arsenal we've done enough getting Ox, but i want MORE.

I bet everyone would like to play under Klopp and be part of champions of England, Europe and of the World!

If were looking for "bargains", buying from our rivals might not be the best strategy. The sums would be way over inflated.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #2561 on: August 1, 2020, 08:53:08 am »
If were looking for "bargains", buying from our rivals might not be the best strategy. The sums would be way over inflated.

Agreed. Relegated teams is more moneyball
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2562 on: August 1, 2020, 08:55:07 am »

You’ve spent the last few months slaughtering players who have won league titles in about 6 consecutive years! I can see why you’d want us to sign relegated players ;) You’d be like a kid in a candy shop
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #2563 on: August 1, 2020, 10:01:50 am »
Mbappe 2020 still on I hope.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2564 on: August 1, 2020, 10:04:22 am »
Mbappe 2020 still on I hope.
Not without a transfer forum it isn't.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #2565 on: August 1, 2020, 10:08:40 am »
Yeah btw what happened to the transfer forum??
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: August 1, 2020, 10:15:49 am »
It is a bit worrying that we never seem to have money for transfers. We’ve just won the two biggest trophies with all the earnings that goes with it, yet we still seem to be scratching around for bargains. Yes I know things would be a bit tight with Covid but even so. Obv the Coutinho money bought VVD and Alisson but surely there should be some money in the pot given we haven’t signed anyone of note since and we’ve just bagged a lot of prize money. Don’t get me wrong, I still prefer where we are to being a club  used for sports washing , I just think the success we have is solely down to Klopp, no other manager in world football could’ve done what he has done, it would be nice if the owners actually stumped up some cash so he can strengthen without selling.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: August 1, 2020, 10:16:24 am »

This is it

Enjoy  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2568 on: August 1, 2020, 10:17:04 am »

These are difficult times, Chig.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2569 on: August 1, 2020, 10:43:44 am »
It is a bit worrying that we never seem to have money for transfers. We’ve just won the two biggest trophies with all the earnings that goes with it, yet we still seem to be scratching around for bargains. Yes I know things would be a bit tight with Covid but even so. Obv the Coutinho money bought VVD and Alisson but surely there should be some money in the pot given we haven’t signed anyone of note since and we’ve just bagged a lot of prize money. Don’t get me wrong, I still prefer where we are to being a club  used for sports washing , I just think the success we have is solely down to Klopp, no other manager in world football could’ve done what he has done, it would be nice if the owners actually stumped up some cash so he can strengthen without selling.

Of course it’s down to Klopp. Managers are the most important people at the football club.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2570 on: August 1, 2020, 10:57:59 am »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2571 on: August 1, 2020, 11:03:40 am »

But why though.

You only need to look at the problems Madrid have for example.

We've won the PL and CL back to back or and was in the CL final the year before. We do we need to pile up on world class players?

We promote and try to improve youth. We have Brewster, Cain, Clarkson, Elliot, Jones, Williams. Maybe the club thinks that they can turn them in to world class players like they have with TAA. Williams will be a international player in a few months. Jones will no doubt be in the England under 21's with Brewster. We have massive high hopes for Cain, Clarkson. Elliot looks a class above already.

The need to splash money all the time is silly unless it's the vastly improve the 1st team or if a player could be leaving hence why we are linked with Thiago.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: August 1, 2020, 11:03:54 am »

Agreed, the following are good candidates:

Sarr
Buendia
Brooks
Kelly

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2573 on: August 1, 2020, 11:14:55 am »
Of course it’s down to Klopp. Managers are the most important people at the football club.

What I am saying is it was down to Klopp , not the owners , no other manager would’ve done what Klopp has done under Fenway. It’s great we have some youngsters coming through but realistically how many promising youngsters actually go on to become world class players?

I don’t want us to go buying every player under the sun like Pep wants to but I do think one or two major signings would cement our place at the top.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: August 1, 2020, 11:17:23 am »
What I am saying is it was down to Klopp , not the owners , no other manager would’ve done what Klopp has done under Fenway. It’s great we have some youngsters coming through but realistically how many promising youngsters actually go on to become world class players?

I don’t want us to go buying every player under the sun like Pep wants to but I do think one or two major signings would cement our place at the top.

Those youngsters are for the future, maybe in 5 or 6 years.

The key is squeezing every trophy out of this team.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2575 on: August 1, 2020, 11:19:42 am »

Sarr
Buendia
Brooks
Kelly

I do like Buendia and Brooks but it’s hard to see where they’d fit in. If we start playing with number 10s we’ve already got Taki and Curtis

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: August 1, 2020, 11:22:42 am »
Who would like Coutinho to come back?
Personally I would take him back . He did upset some people with forcing his way out but I’ve no problem with him wanting to play for Barca, if he’d stayed he would’ve always wondered ‘what if’. He clearly wants to come back and he is exactly the type of player we need when teams park the buses.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: August 1, 2020, 11:24:01 am »
But why though.

You only need to look at the problems Madrid have for example.

We've won the PL and CL back to back or and was in the CL final the year before. We do we need to pile up on world class players?

We promote and try to improve youth. We have Brewster, Cain, Clarkson, Elliot, Jones, Williams. Maybe the club thinks that they can turn them in to world class players like they have with TAA. Williams will be a international player in a few months. Jones will no doubt be in the England under 21's with Brewster. We have massive high hopes for Cain, Clarkson. Elliot looks a class above already.

The need to splash money all the time is silly unless it's the vastly improve the 1st team or if a player could be leaving hence why we are linked with Thiago.

Football doesn’t stand still for anyone, we want to see the youngsters make a step up and we want to try to stay on top as long as possible- the longer we stay at the summit the easier it will be to attract the best players. I hate to say it but other teams signing major talent will undoubtedly improve them so it’s more likely the gap will be reduced than maintained, teams did start to figure us out more in the second half so I do expect tactical changes. we can expect to see more impact from Keita/ Jones / Minamino and hopefully Firmino rediscovers where the goal is.

I don’t think we need to sign more than 3 first team players and if we sign players who are multi functional then it might only be 2 (Sarr + Kelly for example covers all the forward positions, left back and centre back). It also makes sense to take advantage of the youth market across the EU whilst it’s still open to us because we don’t know what happens after Brexit.

So in short for me a great summer window would mean:

Sarr + a defender who can cover LB+CB
At least 3-4 absolutely top class youngsters

I don’t think that is unreasonable given we will be selling quite a few players and will also reduce the wage bill overall as a result

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: August 1, 2020, 11:25:18 am »
Personally I would take him back . He did upset some people with forcing his way out but I’ve no problem with him wanting to play for Barca, if he’d stayed he would’ve always wondered ‘what if’. He clearly wants to come back and he is exactly the type of player we need when teams park the buses.

Would he be happy sitting on the bench most of the time? He’s best when he’s the main man

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2579 on: August 1, 2020, 11:25:24 am »

If the £9m loan fee and Barcelona paying half his wages stuff is true then I'd take him back

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: August 1, 2020, 11:26:44 am »
I do like Buendia and Brooks but it’s hard to see where they’d fit in. If we start playing with number 10s we’ve already got Taki and Curtis

I think Buendia and Brooks are both flexible, they cover multiple positions- Brooks also ticks the homegrown box

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: August 1, 2020, 11:28:42 am »
If the £9m loan fee and Barcelona paying half his wages stuff is true then I'd take him back

Yeah I’d go with that too.

I think Buendia and Brooks are both flexible, they cover multiple positions- Brooks also ticks the homegrown box

I think they are, but not to a great level I don’t think. They’re not particularly quick so they’d be completing with Taki and Jones and then the central midfielders (where we’re stacked). I do like Brooks, he’s been linked with Leicester which would be a good move for both of them.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2582 on: August 1, 2020, 11:29:07 am »
Would he be happy sitting on the bench most of the time? He’s best when he’s the main man
Would he be on the bench tho? Personally I’d play him in front of Fabinho and hendo/Gini . I know Gini has scored some important goals but he does look lost in some games. Hendo has his injury problems so I think a midfielder is an essential signing this summer.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2583 on: August 1, 2020, 11:30:38 am »

Brooks is primarily an inside forward on the right cutting into his left foot. Like Salah but far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far worse.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: August 1, 2020, 11:35:28 am »
Would he be on the bench tho? Personally I’d play him in front of Fabinho and hendo/Gini . I know Gini has scored some important goals but he does look lost in some games. Hendo has his injury problems so I think a midfielder is an essential signing this summer.

I don’t think he gets into our midfield 3, Keita if he stays fit and plays at his level is essentially the perfect Klopp player-

He would also be on massive wages (would not want to open that can of worms if he’s on £50K per week more than all our other midfielders)

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: August 1, 2020, 11:35:29 am »

No.

We don’t need another 28 year old on a big contract. We don’t need Coutinho and can’t see any scenario where the club would be interested.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2586 on: August 1, 2020, 11:37:14 am »
Brooks is primarily an inside forward on the right cutting into his left foot. Like Salah but far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far worse.

Yep, I know Salah is miles better but you have to factor how much he can improve working under Klopp

Sarr is my first choice for the forward cover

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2587 on: August 1, 2020, 11:37:19 am »
No.

We don’t need another 28 year old on a big contract. We don’t need Coutinho and can’t see any scenario where the club would be interested.

A 1 year loan deal for £9m and Barca paying half his wages (as rumoured) is the one scenario I can see the club being interested. Gives us 1 year leeway with the Covid situation and to see where our finances are for next summer.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2588 on: August 1, 2020, 11:39:14 am »
I don’t think he gets into our midfield 3, Keita if he stays fit and plays at his level is essentially the perfect Klopp player-

He would also be on massive wages (would not want to open that can of worms if he’s on £50K per week more than all our other midfielders)

It’d have fuck all to do with us what Barca choose to pay him

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: August 1, 2020, 11:41:22 am »
A 1 year loan deal for £9m and Barca paying half his wages (as rumoured) is the one scenario I can see the club being interested. Gives us 1 year leeway with the Covid situation and to see where our finances are for next summer.

I don’t think we’d be interested in that scenario.

There’s no chance of Coutinho coming back to Liverpool IMO, if he does end up back in the PL I think it will be at Arsenal.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2590 on: August 1, 2020, 11:43:24 am »

Sarr
Buendia
Brooks
Kelly

From that list it has to be Sarr.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2591 on: August 1, 2020, 11:44:35 am »

It might mean that we have a better chance of signing a player but it won't mean that we will sign one player over another just because they're wearing Nike boots.

That final decision will be made by the Boss of all bosses.

Of course that the final decision will be made by the Boss, but the "marketability" parameter has definitely entered the picture now. "NIKE" giving some of these top targets a lucrative boot deal will be a nice tool for preserving our wage structure.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2592 on: August 1, 2020, 11:47:16 am »
Of course that the final decision will be made by the Boss, but the "marketability" parameter has definitely entered the picture now. "NIKE" giving some of these top targets a lucrative boot deal will be a nice tool for preserving our wage structure.

Has this ever....like, ever, been a thing?

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2593 on: August 1, 2020, 11:49:09 am »

I don’t think it works that way...

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2594 on: August 1, 2020, 11:50:17 am »
I hate to say it

No you don’t - you revel in the negativity.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2595 on: August 1, 2020, 11:51:39 am »
From that list it has to be Sarr.

Unless Salah or Mane leaves I think it's highly doubtful we'll be looking to bring in another African forward lad.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2596 on: August 1, 2020, 11:52:06 am »
Has this ever....like, ever, been a thing?

Only with the biggest transfers for the most marketable players. Like Mbappe to PSG. "NIKE" played a significant role there.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2597 on: August 1, 2020, 11:54:21 am »
Only with the biggest transfers for the most marketable players. Like Mbappe to PSG. "NIKE" played a significant role there.

In what way did Nike play a significant role in that transfer...? I genuinely haven’t heard that. In what way exactly were they involved?

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2598 on: August 1, 2020, 11:55:49 am »
There's a big obsession among Liverpool fans that Nike being our shirt sponsor will attract Nike's top clients. Mbappe went to PSG (a French player going to the best/richest team in France is hardly surprising), but other than that does it ever happen?

I just find it really strange that people think players sponsored by Nike will sign for clubs based on that.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: August 1, 2020, 11:56:40 am »
It is a bit worrying that we never seem to have money for transfers.

It would be more worrying if the club started splashing big money on players we don’t need and who don’t genuinely improve the squad.

I firmly believe the club would still sanction a big money move if the right player became available at the right time, but the problem with players like Werner and Sancho is that they probably wouldn’t add enough to our current squad to justify the prices being asked for them.

Saving their pennies for Mbappé, obviously.