Author Topic: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread  (Read 10492 times)

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
Re: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread
« Reply #800 on: March 28, 2024, 03:48:37 pm »
How does it determine how good a player is? Do we have to tell it? Does that mean Gento is a first round pick  ;D
No, I have to tell it  ;)

That's the bit I need to work out.  We need a system for doing it for it to work.

I've put together a basic script at the moment, using some basic parameters as you'd find on a top trumps card, so thinking if I can find a database of players with that info could use that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: March 28, 2024, 03:51:18 pm »
Use Trasnfermarket mate.  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #802 on: March 28, 2024, 03:51:33 pm »
Thanks mate, it was great fun.

I toyed with having Paulo Rossi for my heavy metal player, only because of the rumours Everton fans like to spread about how Klopp's players run so much. Thought better of it, even if I thought it was funny.

Should have picked Duncan Ferguson to corner the Everton vote. Now there's a heavy metal player  :D

No, I have to tell it  ;)

That's the bit I need to work out.  We need a system for doing it for it to work.

I've put together a basic script at the moment, using some basic parameters as you'd find on a top trumps card, so thinking if I can find a database of players with that info could use that.

Perhaps you could use something like Football Manager, PES, or FIFA? No idea how easy it would be to connect the two though. Could AI be useful here?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: March 28, 2024, 03:55:51 pm »
The Qatar one? I couldn't bring myself to use that ad. I found a Bayern Lufthansa ad with about 5 players in as well.

I was worried someone would pick him unknowingly.

Yes

Also found this one but Cafu was nicked before my pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuixW8CWOd8

:D

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #804 on: March 28, 2024, 04:01:12 pm »
Yes

Also found this one but Cafu was nicked before my pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuixW8CWOd8

:D

Haha nice one. There were a few Cafu ones - I had a car advert.

Trying to remember the weirdest one I found. This was up there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EcxG2q4UZM8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EcxG2q4UZM8</a>
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #805 on: March 28, 2024, 04:10:50 pm »
Aha, found it. This was probably my biggest WTF moment -

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bW_QBOK9PvM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bW_QBOK9PvM</a>

There were very few top players who haven't been in a random advert. One of the only ones that stumped me was Javier Zanetti. I couldn't even find him in a normal football advert for Nike or Adidas. Was he just too focused on football to ever do anything on the side!?

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #806 on: March 28, 2024, 09:42:23 pm »
The Draw

Knock-outs:

Match 1 - RobbieRedman vs Surfer
Match 2 - Bobby vs Samie + Prof
Match 3* - Drinks Sangria vs Max_powers
Match 4 - Popcorn vs Draex
Match 5 - Red1977 vs child-in-time
Match 6 - Musketeer Gripweed vs Lastrador
Match 7 - Sarge vs Hazell
Match 8* - Max_powers

*As the only draw, both teams will advance with Max's team in the place of where the Match 8 qualifier would have been.

Quarter Finals:

QF1: Match 1 winner vs Match 3 winner

QF2: Match 2 winner  vs Match 4 winner

QF3: Match 5 winner vs Match 7 winner

QF4: Match 6 winner vs Match 8 winner

Semi Finals:

Winner of QF1 vs winner of QF3

Winner QF2 vs winner of QF4

Final:

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: March 29, 2024, 09:04:51 am »

Perhaps you could use something like Football Manager, PES, or FIFA? No idea how easy it would be to connect the two though. Could AI be useful here?
Yes this was my thinking.  I'm not sure if you can get legends in football manager can you?  I've not played it for over 20 years  ;D. I've found a decent database from FIFA so going to play around with that later run a few pilot matches to test it out.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: March 29, 2024, 09:25:31 am »
Yes this was my thinking.  I'm not sure if you can get legends in football manager can you?  I've not played it for over 20 years  ;D. I've found a decent database from FIFA so going to play around with that later run a few pilot matches to test it out.

I have the database editor for Fm24 I’ll see what we can get but that has all the stats in it for sure. Doubt it can be exported to an excel though, what format you looking for?

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: March 29, 2024, 10:45:58 am »
I have the database editor for Fm24 I’ll see what we can get but that has all the stats in it for sure. Doubt it can be exported to an excel though, what format you looking for?
Does it have legendary players in the database? In all honesty, just knowing the data is there means I can find it online somewhere.  I just know the Fifa data sets have legends as well which would be important for what we're doing.

I can work with either a csv or excel format

Thanks

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #810 on: March 29, 2024, 01:10:00 pm »
Does it have legendary players in the database? In all honesty, just knowing the data is there means I can find it online somewhere.  I just know the Fifa data sets have legends as well which would be important for what we're doing.

Thanks

FM and CM databases are always from whatever year that edition of the game is, but there are mods with classic databases. Of course, you have to trust in other people to have rated players without their own bias (which is impossible). They're usually not totally thorough either, so may not be right for this. FIFA is probably your best bet, if that's accessible.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: March 29, 2024, 01:24:31 pm »
FM and CM databases are always from whatever year that edition of the game is, but there are mods with classic databases. Of course, you have to trust in other people to have rated players without their own bias (which is impossible). They're usually not totally thorough either, so may not be right for this. FIFA is probably your best bet, if that's accessible.
Thanks Betty

I've got a decent set of data from fifa so will play around with that.  I'm conscious that current players won't have a legend version yet, so salah for example won't be the same as the younger version of him.  To offset that, I'll look at as many versions of the data as I can from a range of years and select their "peak" version.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #812 on: March 29, 2024, 01:49:52 pm »
This is the sort of nerdiness I can get behind.  :)

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: March 29, 2024, 01:54:46 pm »

Thanks

Nope FM24 is current

what about this?

https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/bryanb/fifa-player-stats-database

https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/mohammedessam97/ea-fc-24-fut-players-dataset
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 01:57:57 pm by Draex »

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #814 on: March 29, 2024, 02:01:20 pm »
This is the sort of nerdiness I can get behind.  :)

Reminds me of the FM draft we did waaaaaaay back. Would be fun to do another one if we have any current FM players lurking.

Think KingLuis and Rossobianchi ran it between them last time. Basically we drafted the current database, then Rosso input all the players into our own renamed club teams and he ran it for 10 seasons or something. I remember doing horribly  ;D

I haven't played FM since it was CM, so knew next to nothing about how the game worked.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #815 on: March 29, 2024, 02:52:36 pm »
Reminds me of the FM draft we did waaaaaaay back. Would be fun to do another one if we have any current FM players lurking.

Think KingLuis and Rossobianchi ran it between them last time. Basically we drafted the current database, then Rosso input all the players into our own renamed club teams and he ran it for 10 seasons or something. I remember doing horribly  ;D

I haven't played FM since it was CM, so knew next to nothing about how the game worked.
10 seasons seems a little excessive  ;D, but the idea behind it is very cool. I don't think I was around for that.

Will we get to see some Fifa highlights of my team smashing Samie's? That would be great.  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #816 on: March 29, 2024, 03:53:58 pm »
10 seasons seems a little excessive  ;D, but the idea behind it is very cool. I don't think I was around for that.

Yeah, maybe it was 5. It's been awhile!

One aspect that was quite fun was we all got to draft a manager too and then it was down to them how badly they fecked everything up  ;D 

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: March 29, 2024, 04:48:07 pm »
Yeah, maybe it was 5. It's been awhile!

One aspect that was quite fun was we all got to draft a manager too and then it was down to them how badly they fecked everything up  ;D

I did terribly, bloody alexis Sanchez.

Basically whoever got messi or Ronaldo won.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #818 on: March 29, 2024, 05:04:55 pm »
I did terribly, bloody alexis Sanchez.

Basically whoever got messi or Ronaldo won.

Just checked and the winning team was this -

Kingluis10 - Angel Di Maria // Radamel Falcao // Phillipe Coutinho // Nemanja Matic // Pablo Zabaleta // Luciano Vietto // Aymeric Laporte // Juan Bernat // Louis Van Gaal // Emre Can // Yohann Cabaye // Domenico Berardi // Stefan de Vrij // Victor Wanyama // Ross Barkley // Yaroslav Rakitskiy // Jose Gimenez // Serge Aurier // Gigi Buffon // Mattia Perrin // Kingsley Coman // Gianluca Gaudino // (22)

Followed by these three -

Vishwa - Paul Pogba // Bernard // Daniel Sturridge // Ilkay Gundogan // Jonathan Silva // Carlos Vela // Mateo Musacchio // Calum Chambers // Gabriel Barbosa // Samuel Umtiti // Salvatore Sirigu // Facundo Ferreyra // Brendan Rodgers // Pione Sisto // Munir // Marco Van Ginkel // Jesus Vallejo // Frederico Bonazzoli // Andrea Pirlo // Itumeleng Khune // Lorenzo Crisetig // John Terry // (22)

RossoBianchi - Arturo Vidal // Toni Kroos // Juan Mata // Philipp Lahm // Diego Simeone // Ricardo Rodriguez // Robin Van Persie // Yevhen Konoplyanka // Kevin Volland // Romelu Lukaku // Benedikt Howedes // Mauro Icardi // Pierre-Emile Højbjerg // Niklas Sule // Alessandro Florenzi // Matteo Darmian // Matthias Ginter // Terrence Kongolo // 'Oliver' Torres // Fernando Muslera // Jay Rodriguez // Maxim Koval // (22)

Max_Powers - Edinson Cavani // Thomas Muller // Mehdi Benatia // Miralem Pjanic // Kurt Zouma // Jordi Alba // Jurgen Klopp // Lucas Moura // Darijo Srna // James Ward-Prowse // Robert Ron Zieler // Joao Moutinho // Mattia Destro // Bernardo Silva // Kevin Grosskreutz // Asier Illarramendi // Tin Jedvaj // Alessio Romagnoli // Timo Werner // Claudio Bravo // Balde Keita // Nicola Murru // (22)

So, nope. Messi and Ronaldo were nowhere near the winning teams.

Max with a great call on bringing Klopp in pre-Liverpool appointment!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #819 on: March 29, 2024, 06:02:07 pm »

'm sure Max has forgiven you, BB my mate. No need to grovel
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 06:05:30 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: March 29, 2024, 07:02:00 pm »
Nope FM24 is current

what about this?

https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/bryanb/fifa-player-stats-database

https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/mohammedessam97/ea-fc-24-fut-players-dataset
Great minds. Yes, that's the source I've been using.

I've run a pilot already. Seems to work ok. I'm looking at a smoother way to select the players for each team at the moment as I don't want to have to input players separately.

I'm tempted to run the mathches for the latest round of this draft through it to see how it performs.  But don't want to hijack Betty's game as he's put so much effort in.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: March 29, 2024, 07:49:19 pm »
I will be down for any FM or prof simulator draft. Those are some of the best drafts in RAWK draft history IMO.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: March 29, 2024, 08:10:52 pm »
Just checked and the winning team was this -

Followed by these three -

Ah, was sure the winner had Messi.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #823 on: March 29, 2024, 08:18:34 pm »
Great minds. Yes, that's the source I've been using.

I've run a pilot already. Seems to work ok. I'm looking at a smoother way to select the players for each team at the moment as I don't want to have to input players separately.

I'm tempted to run the mathches for the latest round of this draft through it to see how it performs.  But don't want to hijack Betty's game as he's put so much effort in.

Feel free to do it on previous matches. Doesn't bother me at all. Just maybe better not to do it on unplayed matches in case it influences people.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: March 29, 2024, 09:47:47 pm »
Feel free to do it on previous matches. Doesn't bother me at all. Just maybe better not to do it on unplayed matches in case it influences people.
I've run the first QF just to see what you all think  ;D

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: March 29, 2024, 10:12:33 pm »
Love it.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: March 30, 2024, 01:55:21 am »
I've run the first QF just to see what you all think  ;D

It looks great. Kinda expected result too with those teams.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #827 on: March 31, 2024, 10:46:28 am »
Congrats to DS, Draex, Red, and Lastrador. Semi-finals will go up after today's matches.

The Draw

Knock-outs:

Match 1 - RobbieRedman vs Surfer
Match 2 - Bobby vs Samie + Prof
Match 3* - Drinks Sangria vs Max_powers
Match 4 - Popcorn vs Draex
Match 5 - Red1977 vs child-in-time
Match 6 - Musketeer Gripweed vs Lastrador
Match 7 - Sarge vs Hazell
Match 8* - Max_powers

*As the only draw, both teams will advance with Max's team in the place of where the Match 8 qualifier would have been.

Quarter Finals:

QF1: Match 1 winner: Surfer vs Match 3 winner: Drinks Sangria

QF2: Match 2 winner: Bobby  vs Match 4 winner: Draex

QF3: Match 5 winner: Red1977 vs Match 7 winner: Hazell

QF4: Match 6 winner: Lastrador vs Match 8 winner: Max_powers

Semi Finals:

Winner of QF1: Drinks Sangria vs winner of QF3: Red1977

Winner QF2: Draex vs winner of QF4: Lastrador

Final:

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: April 3, 2024, 01:50:20 pm »
In case I'm off for a while again, thanks for putting the work into a great draft Betty, enjoyed it and the fellow drafters for jogging the memory on some fantastic footballers. Have a good year ahead.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: April 3, 2024, 02:00:53 pm »
Mate, you'll be back in here during the summer hoping to do another draft.   ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #830 on: April 3, 2024, 10:22:48 pm »
Great draft Betts! Thank you for all the hard work of putting it together for us lazy bastards. It was really worth it.