3 (0.2%)
Brentford
2 (0.1%)
Brighton
4 (0.3%)
Southampton
4 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 371

Author Topic: Predictions: Top 4  (Read 68595 times)

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Predictions: Top 4
« Reply #440 on: March 13, 2023, 11:05:45 am »
We havent been good enough to be a top 4 team most of the season so i don't expect us to finish there now. If we do it'll probably have as much to do with other teams capitulation than anything we do. I think the current top 4 (Arsenal, City, Utd, Spurs) will be how it finishes. 

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: March 13, 2023, 11:18:22 am »
You're nearly there. We don't have any standout leader, because the majority of them are leaders. If one leader is having an off day then someone else steps up. That's how you win league titles and reach 3 European Cup finals in 5 years. Not to mention winning every other competition as well.

Do you think this Arsenal team is a team of leaders?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #442 on: March 13, 2023, 12:55:58 pm »
Do you think this Arsenal team is a team of leaders?

If they win the league and then the European Cup and the League Cup and FA Cup in a span of a couple of years then yes they will have a team full of leaders.

You've posted your mast to a 'leader' who has led his team to nothing.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: March 13, 2023, 11:57:28 pm »
If they win the league and then the European Cup and the League Cup and FA Cup in a span of a couple of years then yes they will have a team full of leaders.

You've posted your mast to a 'leader' who has led his team to nothing.

I don't think trophies are a criteria. For example The Invincibles never won the Champion League, but they were a team full of leaders. Gerrard never won the league, but Leicester on the other hand they have. Does that mean Leicester had someone who was a bigger leader than Gerrard?

Kane is a leader, we can't deny that. He couldn't lead them to trophies, but he lead them to top4 season after season.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2023, 08:29:38 am »
I don't think trophies are a criteria. For example The Invincibles never won the Champion League, but they were a team full of leaders. Gerrard never won the league, but Leicester on the other hand they have. Does that mean Leicester had someone who was a bigger leader than Gerrard?

Kane is a leader, we can't deny that. He couldn't lead them to trophies, but he lead them to top4 season after season.

Leicester were a flash in the pan, the others you mention had sustained success.

Kane has none. To say he's more of a leader than Henderson or Virgil or Mo or Sadio or Bobby etc. is fucking laughable.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2023, 08:39:50 am »
Leicester were a flash in the pan, the others you mention had sustained success.

Kane has none. To say he's more of a leader than Henderson or Virgil or Mo or Sadio or Bobby etc. is fucking laughable.

Kane has a lot of qualities, a brilliant penalty box finisher etc, but leadership isnt one. I remember that amazon documentary when he was doing a team talk in the dressing room. Very very flat..... Arteta's light bulb moment it was not!!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2023, 11:08:05 am »
Kane winning them games at times isn't because he's a leader, it's because he's quite clearly the best player in an average team. He's also a prolific goal scorer so naturally will win them games on occasions when it's tight and there's not much in it.

We've got a team with several leaders. No one could argue against the leadership credentials of Henderson, Milner, VVD, Robertson. Just because they're not in a position to score match winning goals doesn't diminish their capabilities.

You don't win what we've won without a strong group of leaders.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2023, 11:16:34 am »
I've banged this drum in the main forum but I think the whole leadership thing is way overstated, and it's the quality of the players that counts for the most.  Our much vaunted leaders haven't done anything to right the ship this season, where were they all on the weekend?

Kane is an excellent player, that's why Spurs are in the position they are.  We won loads over the past few seasons because we had a team full of excellent players and a top quality manager.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2023, 11:36:17 am »
Having good leaders doesn't mean you dont ever lose games, or have bad runs, or even bad seasons.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2023, 10:20:53 pm »
And just like that, we're back to a distant sixth.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2023, 10:30:11 pm »

We've played worse, but that Bournemouth defeat is probably the most bewildering and damaging defeat of the whole season. Destroyed the momentum, took away the crumbs of optimism that had come back, sapped our confidence and gave hope to the teams we're competing with, all of whom have made us pay for it since.

It's hard to take, because the standard for top 4 is basically garbage, but we're still finding ways to limbo under the low bar.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #451 on: March 17, 2023, 10:31:48 pm »
Fine by me, I really don’t want Europa.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: March 17, 2023, 10:32:44 pm »
Fine by me, I really don’t want Europa.

6th is Europa isn’t it?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #453 on: March 17, 2023, 10:36:37 pm »
6th is Europa isn’t it?

Will be if United get in the top 5 as that’ll mean the League Cup winners slot moves to league position.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: March 17, 2023, 10:37:49 pm »
Will be if United get in the top 5 as that’ll mean the League Cup winners slot moves to league position.

Which means to avoid all European football we need to finish 8th.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: March 17, 2023, 10:38:43 pm »
I wouldn’t mind a shot at the europa league, only trophy Klopp hasn’t won. Definitely wouldn’t want that daft conference league.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #456 on: March 17, 2023, 10:40:56 pm »
I wouldn’t mind a shot at the europa league, only trophy Klopp hasn’t won. Definitely wouldn’t want that daft conference league.

He hasn’t won that either to be fair. :D

Thursday night football either way.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: March 17, 2023, 10:50:39 pm »
The top 4 will stay as it is. Man City might pip Arsenal to the title, tough to call right now. We will know more in 2-3 weeks.

I reckon we finish around 6th.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #458 on: March 17, 2023, 11:03:58 pm »
It's mad how badly this season has gone. Thought we'd win it at the start and now we're staring down the barrel of sixth.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: March 18, 2023, 12:59:35 am »
I remember scoffing at BBC boffins who predicted us coming 3rd, it seemed unimaginable that the top two would ever be dethroned.

Anyway, glass half full... Thursday footy means fewer 12.30 Saturday fuck offs, I mean kick offs. We average something like 0.4ppg in those bastards.

Edit: i checked, it's 0.6ppg, 0.4 is our goals per game (2 against Fulham, four 0's).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 01:04:03 am by GreatEx »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #460 on: March 18, 2023, 05:59:50 am »
6th is Europa isn’t it?
United's territory, you mean?  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: March 18, 2023, 06:48:29 am »
My belief in us getting top four has yo-yo’ed up and down like our form. At the moment I dont think we will make it and that Bournemouth game will be the one where all belief was lost.

Our next three games are vital because as much as we can say we can go on a run after it, are we really capable of that this season? Our only hope is that week either we have an amazing week of results (2 wins or more) or both Newcastle or Spurs dont take advantage.

Klopp has called it our decisive week and I think thats exactly what it will be. If we leave it with a similar and not worse points gap than at the moment then I think we can do it. I feel we may be well behind at that point.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #462 on: March 18, 2023, 07:50:22 am »
My belief in us getting top four has yo-yo’ed up and down like our form. At the moment I dont think we will make it and that Bournemouth game will be the one where all belief was lost.

Our next three games are vital because as much as we can say we can go on a run after it, are we really capable of that this season? Our only hope is that week either we have an amazing week of results (2 wins or more) or both Newcastle or Spurs dont take advantage.

Klopp has called it our decisive week and I think thats exactly what it will be. If we leave it with a similar and not worse points gap than at the moment then I think we can do it. I feel we may be well behind at that point.

We are too far behind given our fixtures.

The Bournemouth result killed it and the lack of urgency was really odd.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: March 18, 2023, 08:13:16 am »
It’s pretty annoying how the teams above us just keep getting results. Even Newcastle. Late winners and everything.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #464 on: March 18, 2023, 08:52:28 am »
It's mad how badly this season has gone. Thought we'd win it at the start and now we're staring down the barrel of sixth.

as long as we stave off relegation
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #465 on: March 18, 2023, 02:49:57 pm »
Yep forget about 4th that's between Newcastle and spurs now. :wanker :butt
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #466 on: March 18, 2023, 05:03:04 pm »
As ever, it's whoever can be the least shit that will get it. Top 4 races are always a shitshow.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #467 on: March 18, 2023, 05:05:35 pm »
It'll be newcastle. They aren't great but everybody else is worse.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: March 18, 2023, 05:31:39 pm »
We were 11 points behind Saudi Arabia with one game in hand after match week 22. Its now 5 points with both of us having 12 games left. Let's see where we are after we come out of the next three nasty fixtures.  Everyone else is shite too, including ManU, who despite being lauded from all quarters are three points above the Saudis.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #469 on: March 18, 2023, 05:40:46 pm »
It’s pretty annoying how the teams above us just keep getting results. Even Newcastle. Late winners and everything.
Well, tell that to Spurs now...

It is annoying, but we seem to be playing better against better teams. We'll see after the crucial week. I haven't given up yet.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: March 18, 2023, 05:50:26 pm »
The Saudis also have a tricky fixture list. At home to the Mancs then three aways to west ham, Brentford and Villa. Next up home to Spurs. They're going to drop plenty points there.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: March 18, 2023, 06:16:34 pm »
The Saudis also have a tricky fixture list. At home to the Mancs then three aways to west ham, Brentford and Villa. Next up home to Spurs. They're going to drop plenty points there.

Next few games will make or break us

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #472 on: March 18, 2023, 06:31:17 pm »
Next few games will make or break us

Just need to stay in the mix after that run. That was why Bournemouth was so annoying as it would have give us more margin for error in such a tough few games.

Conte throwing players under the bus again, Liverpool a mess, Chelsea a mess. Its  giving an average Newcastle an opening.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: March 18, 2023, 07:21:49 pm »
That Spurs result was an absolute god send for us.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2023, 07:23:36 pm »

Just need to go to the Etihad now and get a result against a rampant City and we're back on track.  ;D

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #475 on: March 18, 2023, 07:34:04 pm »
Wish we had a leader like Harry Kane in our team...

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: March 18, 2023, 07:37:01 pm »
Just need to go to the Etihad now and get a result against a rampant City and we're back on track.  ;D

That one is a free hit but it's not impossible we get something.  Arsenal have to come to Anfield where I'd make us mild favourites.  Chelsea have shown today they're still pretty shite. Obviously so is our away form but it's not an Impossible task.
I'm not shitting the bed just yet.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: March 18, 2023, 07:37:20 pm »
Wish we had a leader like Harry Kane in our team...

;D

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: March 18, 2023, 07:41:11 pm »
That one is a free hit but it's not impossible we get something.  Arsenal have to come to Anfield where I'd make us mild favourites.  Chelsea have shown today they're still pretty shite. Obviously so is our away form but it's not an Impossible task.
I'm not shitting the bed just yet.

I'd be surprised if we made top 4. We lack the quality. Thankfully the teams above us aren't world beaters, so if we can get 5 points or more from the next 9, we've got an outside shot.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #479 on: March 18, 2023, 07:43:32 pm »

remind me of the last time we actually capitalized on someone else fuck up