Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546833 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #3800 on: August 30, 2022, 06:33:15 pm »
Yep, Jota is the best striker at this club right now.
100%
A man who seems to score when he gets the chance.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3801 on: August 30, 2022, 07:45:16 pm »
100%
A man who seems to score when he gets the chance.

And who sometimes scores when it seems he has not chance at all to do so...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3802 on: August 30, 2022, 08:50:56 pm »
And missed an open goal (against Wolves was it?)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3803 on: August 30, 2022, 09:11:57 pm »
And missed an open goal (against Wolves was it?)

Yep, but that's standard fare for any attacking player. The more you miss, the closer you are to your next goal. ;)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3804 on: August 30, 2022, 09:16:08 pm »
Yep, but that's standard fare for any attacking player. The more you miss, the closer you are to your next goal. ;)
I absolutely agree. All of our attackers score amazing goals, standard goals, tap-ins and goals you never expect them to score, and also miss seemingly easy ones. And I love all of them for and despite all of that.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3805 on: August 31, 2022, 09:06:02 am »
Welcome Back Jotter

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3806 on: August 31, 2022, 09:25:55 am »
Quite excited to see how he ends up linking up with Nunez, from memory he had a really good relationship with Jimenez at Wolves and linked up with him really strongly. Not sure there's a better player at the club to gobble up the half chances that Nunez ends up creating when he's raining shots in either.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3807 on: August 31, 2022, 10:47:20 am »
It'll be interesting to see how we use them all. I think we might see Jota used on the left more again to give Diaz a break, while Nunez rotates with Bobby and Salah just plays every game like he always does. Hopefully his return allows us to be careful about how we integrate Nunez, as the latter seems like he's going to need a period to settle.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3808 on: September 4, 2022, 12:08:25 pm »
It will be fantastic to have Diogo back in the running. We need the sarky little wretch doing his stuff.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3809 on: September 4, 2022, 01:50:28 pm »
Love him. Great to see him back out there yesterday.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3810 on: September 4, 2022, 01:54:39 pm »
He’s easily forgotten about and not mentioned by people outside of the club. He’s so important for us. Scores goals for fun and is a professional piss boiler which we all love 😁

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: September 4, 2022, 06:22:48 pm »

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #3812 on: September 4, 2022, 10:13:21 pm »
He’s easily forgotten about and not mentioned by people outside of the club. He’s so important for us. Scores goals for fun and is a professional piss boiler which we all love 😁
He wasn't scoring goals for fun during the second part of last season.
Lets hope he rediscovered his killer's instinct, we really need some right now.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2022, 10:16:11 pm by seal75 »
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3813 on: September 5, 2022, 09:37:59 am »
He looked really sharp, much sharper than I was expecting. Think in the past he's taken a few weeks to get back upto speed after a lay off (understandably).

Huge getting him back fit.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3814 on: September 5, 2022, 09:52:19 am »
Good to see this lad back. Our squad is so specifically reliant on players if his calibre. I'm sure with Jota back and Matip, and hopefully Thiago; our form and results will pick up.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3815 on: September 5, 2022, 10:10:23 am »
Great to see him back, he's the difference in those tight games, has a great knack of getting crucial goals.

Pity that he picked up that injury, probably be 4 more points better off.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3816 on: September 14, 2022, 12:57:20 am »
Thought he looked sharp tonight, as sharp as he’s done all year possibly. He faded out at times and towards when he was subbed, but hardly surprising given he’s only just back after a significant period out.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3817 on: September 14, 2022, 01:01:05 am »
Thought he looked sharp tonight, as sharp as he’s done all year possibly. He faded out at times and towards when he was subbed, but hardly surprising given he’s only just back after a significant period out.

The Emperor of Snide being sharp is a good thing...

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3818 on: September 14, 2022, 01:36:44 am »
Played well. Just gives confidence seeing him on the pitch.

Haven't watched the game back, he got the assist for Salah, right?

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3819 on: September 14, 2022, 02:48:31 am »
Thank god he's back.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #3820 on: September 14, 2022, 03:51:27 am »
The Emperor of Snide being sharp is a good thing...

I was thinking of (for any Pat Conroy fans out there which I wouldn't claim to be)...

The Prince of Snides. 

But agreed.  Great having him back.  He improves the team immediately by being back fully fit.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3821 on: September 14, 2022, 04:44:41 am »
Jota needs to start every game whether he is playing centrally or on the left. His movement is exceptional and goals will start to come once he is back to playing full games.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3822 on: September 14, 2022, 06:04:45 am »
Fit and healthy Jota starts every game.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3823 on: September 14, 2022, 07:47:37 am »
Was interested before the game, with 3 fit centre forwards to choose from in the first time, since forever, who would get the nod, and it’s the right call IMHO

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3824 on: September 14, 2022, 08:35:53 am »
Was great to have him back. Just needs to get back to scoring consistently now

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: September 14, 2022, 08:38:55 am »
Was interested before the game, with 3 fit centre forwards to choose from in the first time, since forever, who would get the nod, and it’s the right call IMHO

There is no choice to be made. In a must win game where he’s in good shape he should start 100 times out of 100. He’s the best of them by a margin I think.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3826 on: September 14, 2022, 12:29:18 pm »
I was thinking of (for any Pat Conroy fans out there which I wouldn't claim to be)...

The Prince of Snides. 

Quite like that, and Conroy's work.

Jota is in fact a citadel of snide...

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: September 14, 2022, 12:35:46 pm »
The best option we have in that central role.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3828 on: September 14, 2022, 01:42:38 pm »
He was the focal point of the attack and asked to drop deep. Just for those who think his general play is poor.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3829 on: September 14, 2022, 03:09:46 pm »
Very interested to see how him and Diaz interact going forward. They seem to complement each other well, we just didn’t see it enough last season once Mane moved centrally.

Also, I love his dribbling. He loses the ball a bit, but he is so direct. It looks similar to Suarez at times when he runs at opponents, albeit not at the same level.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3830 on: September 14, 2022, 03:13:19 pm »
Very interested to see how him and Diaz interact going forward. They seem to complement each other well, we just didn’t see it enough last season once Mane moved centrally.

Also, I love his dribbling. He loses the ball a bit, but he is so direct. It looks similar to Suarez at times when he runs at opponents, albeit not at the same level.

His dribbling is more Gerrard for me. Completely direct no flash.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3831 on: September 14, 2022, 03:19:17 pm »

Ah Suarez and his dribbling... I think he was probably the best player I’ve ever seen in a Liverpool shirt (I’m too young to remember before the mid 90s). Salah has his moments but Suarez played at the level Salah was at toward the beginning of last season basically the whole time we had him, once he settled anyway.

Jota though. Good player. Good that he’s back.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3832 on: September 16, 2022, 06:52:02 am »
We really need him fit and sharp until Nunez settles. A bit like the job he did for us last season during the Afcon. He really kept us going

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3833 on: September 16, 2022, 07:06:06 am »
We really need him fit and sharp until Nunez settles. A bit like the job he did for us last season during the Afcon. He really kept us going

I dunno but that reads like he is some stop gap, just keeping the seat warm for other players. He is one of the best strikers around.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3834 on: September 16, 2022, 07:27:51 am »
Until Nunez settles Jota can’t be anything other than fit and sharp . Like he was against ajax. Once nunez does a debate can be had about who starts upfront. Jota can be damn good in the wide positions so he doesn’t have to be our striker but right now he is only the title challenge level number 9 we have . I don’t see him as a stop gap at all but he is not a guaranteed starter in the level we have set ourselves either. Last season he didn’t have a sniff of starting the CL final and coming off for Diaz against Villarreal made a huge difference . We need him at his best right now and not a touch below that. The Ajax game was very promising and also showed what he can do for Salah too

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3835 on: September 16, 2022, 08:58:28 am »
Until Nunez settles Jota can’t be anything other than fit and sharp . Like he was against ajax. Once nunez does a debate can be had about who starts upfront. Jota can be damn good in the wide positions so he doesn’t have to be our striker but right now he is only the title challenge level number 9 we have . I don’t see him as a stop gap at all but he is not a guaranteed starter in the level we have set ourselves either. Last season he didn’t have a sniff of starting the CL final and coming off for Diaz against Villarreal made a huge difference . We need him at his best right now and not a touch below that. The Ajax game was very promising and also showed what he can do for Salah too

That was a period where his form wasnt the best. In terms of our level, he is easily a starter at the level we have set ourselves and was starting most of the season before he got an injury in late winter.

Also I thought he should have started the CL final ahead of Diaz.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: September 25, 2022, 11:01:10 pm »
Scoring on and off the pitch.  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3837 on: September 25, 2022, 11:04:58 pm »

He has an exceptionally tall wife.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3838 on: September 26, 2022, 02:17:28 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3839 on: September 26, 2022, 05:33:54 pm »

More baby celebrations from jota then