Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546710 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #3960 on: October 18, 2022, 01:47:58 pm »
How many months is a bad calf injury likely to be?

It was obviously a bad injury at the time. Hoped we might catch a bit lucky like with Diaz
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3961 on: October 18, 2022, 01:49:22 pm »
I feel more sorry for him than the club, must be devastating for the lad missing the World Cup.  Luckily he has time on his side.  All the best Diogo.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3962 on: October 18, 2022, 01:49:30 pm »
That's awful news. So gutted for him. His first world cup. Not to mention the fact we will miss him so much.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3963 on: October 18, 2022, 01:53:05 pm »
How many months is a bad calf injury likely to be?

It was obviously a bad injury at the time. Hoped we might catch a bit lucky like with Diaz

Bad injury to calf, worst case 3-4 months. Let's hope its half that

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3964 on: October 18, 2022, 01:57:04 pm »
I feel more sorry for him than the club, must be devastating for the lad missing the World Cup.  Luckily he has time on his side.  All the best Diogo.

Yeah, he’ll be gutted. It’s shit need for us too, but specially with Diaz out too but at least we have options. He doesn’t know if he’ll play in another World Cup.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3965 on: October 18, 2022, 01:59:08 pm »
He said months and long rehab.

What’s he actually done ?

When he injured before and it was minor, it turned out to be ages !
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3966 on: October 18, 2022, 02:00:53 pm »
Poor guy

In a perverse way I hope more players miss the World Cup (not our players obviously). Not just to rob them of the best players, but to show the absolutely farcical situation with how many games players are being asked to play.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3967 on: October 18, 2022, 02:08:41 pm »
What’s he actually done ?

When he injured before and it was minor, it turned out to be ages !
Grade two strain: out for one to two months

Grade three strain: out for two to three months.

He doesn’t need an operation which is great news, but the lack of clarity makes me think they don’t know yet if it’s grade 2 or 3
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3968 on: October 18, 2022, 02:10:48 pm »
Grade two strain: out for one to two months

Grade three strain: out for two to three months.

He doesn’t need an operation which is great news, but the lack of clarity makes me think they don’t know yet if it’s grade 2 or 3

When would you know ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: October 18, 2022, 02:11:34 pm »
When would you know ?
Depends on swelling etc I would guess.

Where is welshred when you need him eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3970 on: October 18, 2022, 02:13:08 pm »
Poor guy

In a perverse way I hope more players miss the World Cup (not our players obviously). Not just to rob them of the best players, but to show the absolutely farcical situation with how many games players are being asked to play.

FIFA, UEFA, PL - all of them - will keep milking the cash cow to death until it starts to keel over.

imo until players start balking at the schedule they're being asked to play, it will just continue to get worse each year. and I'm not holding my breath for that.  there will always be players in their prime who see a major tournament as their "last chance for big glory" ... and players young in their career who want to make a big splash to advance their next big move.

maybe we'll see more and more older guys retire from internationals earlier  to sustain their club careers.  if that happened maybe someone in poweer will get real.

it'd help if more high-profile managers followed Klopp's lead of course, but god knows they simply clam up the useless bastards.  don't want to offend their bosses or some shit.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: October 18, 2022, 02:14:21 pm »
The UEFA Nations League.

What an absolute farce of an unnecessary tournament.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3972 on: October 18, 2022, 02:19:52 pm »
Gutting for him, he's really struggling to get a proper run without injury.

We really need to sort this out though, there isn't a week that goes by without someone picking up a fresh injury problem that puts them out for a considerable amount of time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3973 on: October 18, 2022, 02:21:10 pm »
Klopp said

That is the first diagnosis, which was pretty clear, and all the rest will now follow in the next few days.

So we will know more in a few days…
W

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3974 on: October 18, 2022, 02:26:58 pm »
Poor kid. Had an outstanding game too and really put a shift in. A minute longer and he'd have walked off the pitch buzzing.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: October 18, 2022, 02:31:09 pm »
The UEFA Nations League.

What an absolute farce of an unnecessary tournament.

Reminds me of when Keita's season was ruined after being rushed back for the afcon in 2019. He was picking up muscle injuries all the next season.

Even when Jota comes back it'll be hard to keep him fit, unless we're very careful and slow with his recovery.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3976 on: October 18, 2022, 02:31:25 pm »
Poor guy

I hope all our players miss the World Cup. Keep them here and safer from injury. Fuck international football. Especially the English team. I’ll be supporting Wales, Iran and the USA when they play England.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #3977 on: October 18, 2022, 02:34:10 pm »
For players like Diogo who are speed merchants there are too many games for them. Even meaningless pre season they are under pressure to play more and win win win. I’m so gutted for him missing the World Cup. You can imagine as a player you play for 2 years to qualify then 6 weeks beforehand and you get injured. I’m also gutted for us as he was coming back into form.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3978 on: October 18, 2022, 02:55:07 pm »
Awful news for us
We’re a better team with him in it with and without the ball - he was fantastic at the weekend
Yet another non contact muscle injury to add to this dumpster fire of a season

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3979 on: October 18, 2022, 03:29:36 pm »
Trust it to happen to Diogo. Should be that little rat Bernardo silva.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #3980 on: October 18, 2022, 03:34:59 pm »
That's bad luck  >:( :butt
Hope he's back in couple of months 🤞
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3981 on: October 18, 2022, 03:57:19 pm »
How can a muscle injury keep you out for so long?

Fucking gutted
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3982 on: October 18, 2022, 04:02:19 pm »
Awful news for us
We’re a better team with him in it with and without the ball - he was fantastic at the weekend
Yet another non contact muscle injury to add to this dumpster fire of a season
He must be absolutely devastated. This sucks for us and especially him, I hope his recovery goes well.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3983 on: October 18, 2022, 04:38:53 pm »
Poor guy

I had that thought today, though actually it would be better if high profile players like Ronaldo or Neymar were to miss out as it have a bigger impact. The fact they aren't the nicest of blokes makes it more apalatable I suppose.

For first timers like Jota, it's desperate news, his season has been ruined, just as he was getting himself sharp and making an impact.

Get well soon Diogo.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: October 18, 2022, 04:45:48 pm »
Best case scenario he could be back for Boxing Day fixtures. Worst case no One knows but I guess could be end February
Wonder when Diaz is due back roughly ?

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: October 18, 2022, 05:41:02 pm »
How can a muscle injury keep you out for so long?

Fucking gutted

It's a muscle tear, the muscle needs time to grow back together.

The problem with those type of injuries is that its very easy to return too early, and have a relapse.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3986 on: October 18, 2022, 06:21:21 pm »
Missing the world cup must be hard for him. You dont get many opportunities to represent the country on a big stage.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3987 on: October 18, 2022, 06:32:21 pm »
I am absolutely gutted for Diogo. I really hope it's not bad as it looked on Sunday.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: October 18, 2022, 06:59:28 pm »
I hope all our players miss the World Cup. Keep them here and safer from injury. Fuck international football. Especially the English team. I’ll be supporting Wales, Iran and the USA when they play England.

I have no time for England and when I was telling my brother and his wife who moved down to Cheltenham forty years ago that I don't support them they couldn't believe me. My brother now wears rugby tops all the time and watches all the international matches whether it's Football or Rugby,
By the same score I'm really not bothered if England win, lose or draw but think about Liverpool a hundred times a day.
I won't be supporting Wales, Iran or USA like you though.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: October 18, 2022, 07:31:32 pm »
For the club this is bad, but what else is new... it is one of those seasons when the injuries seem to pile up. Which doesn't help our modest start. For Jota it must be gutting to miss the World Cup, so I feel for him, especially as he has become my favourite player next to Robbo.

That said: This whole football circus is getting more ridiculous each year. Personally the atrocity that is this year's WC was never going to happen for me and I don't intend to watch. Several weeks without football in what would normally be a busy part of the season will not be fun, but hey. I will busy myself with other things. The more I read about this sad affair the more I am turned off, if that is at all possible (e.g. see recent Grauniad article about the restrictions regarding media coverage during the event). And while I understand that players will want to play for their country, if after the Qatar decision was made every nation and all players had said, well, we will sit that one out, thank you very much - then we might not have the tournament there.

Instead on Saturday I listened to an interview with one of the players who will be in the German squad and when he got asked about the location, he started to waffle about "yes of course I realise it is controversial", "our captain Neuer has said he will wear a rainbow coloured armband", "we should concentrate on why we are going, so let's talk about the football and what we want to achieve which is to win the cup". He did not even make one clear statement and it was like "what more should we do apart from a coloured armband, all I care about is glory with the national team and I don't give a shit about all the people who died building these stadiums or the medieval laws there".

Sorry, I did not want to derail this thread, but these days I really can muster enthusiasm for football on a club level only and even the leagues leave me more and more disillusioned. Love Jota to bits and he does not deserve this shitty timing, but he was injured in that stupid Nations League thing, so at least now he won't be injured towards the end of the WC and miss even more time for us. Hope he will be back in two or three months from now, fingers crossed.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: October 18, 2022, 07:38:34 pm »

I’m anti-England myself but Iran can fuck right off given what’s happening there.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3991 on: October 18, 2022, 07:40:11 pm »
It's a real shame. I have lots of time for him as a person, seems like a genuinely sound head. Portugal have a good side too, they might do well, though he'll be a big loss for them. He'll be gutted I'm sure.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3992 on: October 18, 2022, 09:32:31 pm »
Losing Jota on top of Diaz for an incredibly busy part of the season was entirely predictable with how the start of our season has gone.  The silver lining is the opportunity it gives to Darwin and/or Carvalho.

On the World Cup it's sad for him and I've got a lot of empathy for him.  There's a bit of poetic justice in Portgual being without him after they left us without him for three months due to the bloody Nations League.  It also removes any concerns about wanting Portugal to do well - without Jota and with the team of arrogant snides they have I'd be happy to see them get smashed.  The thought of Ronaldo lifting a World Cup in Qatar is like dystopia.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: October 18, 2022, 09:48:52 pm »
Losing Jota on top of Diaz for an incredibly busy part of the season was entirely predictable with how the start of our season has gone.  The silver lining is the opportunity it gives to Darwin and/or Carvalho.

On the World Cup it's sad for him and I've got a lot of empathy for him.  There's a bit of poetic justice in Portgual being without him after they left us without him for three months due to the bloody Nations League.  It also removes any concerns about wanting Portugal to do well - without Jota and with the team of arrogant snides they have I'd be happy to see them get smashed.  The thought of Ronaldo lifting a World Cup in Qatar is like dystopia.

Bernardo Silva!

It's like England. You'd be happy for Hendo (or Trent if he makes the squad) but fucked if I want Pickford winning it or Kane/Maguire/Sterling and co. That's without getting into the fans and the media.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3994 on: October 18, 2022, 10:19:39 pm »
I’m anti-England myself but Iran can fuck right off given what’s happening there.

And England can fuck if with what’s happening here too. I’ll always support the team England are playing against.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3995 on: October 18, 2022, 10:22:27 pm »

Haha that’s a fair point. Jota always seemed out of place amongst the divas they have in their forward line and midfield. Can enjoy their exit more now.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: October 18, 2022, 11:19:40 pm »
Haha that’s a fair point. Jota always seemed out of place amongst the divas they have in their forward line and midfield. Can enjoy their exit more now.

Yeah they've been pretty unlikeable for a few years now. Lots of talent, but always seem to be really defensive and constantly diving, time wasting etc.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3997 on: October 18, 2022, 11:26:37 pm »
Gutted for him. Coupled with the fact we have now lost all of our left sided forwards.

At the same time very surprised how could the injury be so serious. The challenge didn’t look that bad on tv.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: October 19, 2022, 01:14:06 am »
I read a lot on here and dont say much.

Just feel bad for the lad. everything else goes on and he misses out.  :(

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: October 19, 2022, 01:22:15 am »
Bloody hell what a shame, hope he comes back stronger, at least h's young enough to have a shot at the 2026 WC