Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546808 times)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #3680 on: July 18, 2022, 03:45:49 pm »
So you do not think Chelsea, Spurs nor Arsenal have improved their teams/squads with their recent signings?

Maybe, we'll see how reality goes rather than on paper. We were told last summer Utd were going to be incredible (by plenty on here to) and Chelsea were going to be awesome with Havertz, Werner etc and to be fair they got a CL but do fuck all in the league so far under Tuchel.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3681 on: July 18, 2022, 03:48:21 pm »
Are these goal getters who you think can replace the goals of Jota and Mane?

Diaz certainly is.

And Jota isn't dead. He might miss a couple of weeks of the start of the season. I am sure we will survice.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3682 on: July 18, 2022, 03:50:53 pm »
Maybe, we'll see how reality goes rather than on paper. We were told last summer Utd were going to be incredible (by plenty on here to) and Chelsea were going to be awesome with Havertz, Werner etc and to be fair they got a CL but do fuck all in the league so far under Tuchel.
Didn't think MancU was going to be any good under non proven manager.
TBF Tuchel did pretty well. Won the CL, didn't he?
Spurs I think is much more settled now with the willy Conte. Think they may surprise.
Arsenal has made some useful signings. But Arteta wont win them anything.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3683 on: July 18, 2022, 03:52:11 pm »
Diaz certainly is.

And Jota isn't dead. He might miss a couple of weeks of the start of the season. I am sure we will survice.
Diaz is no natural goal getter. Nunez may need some time to settle. Hope sooner than later now with Jota out and Mane gone.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3684 on: July 18, 2022, 03:52:34 pm »
Diaz certainly is.

Surviceal of the fittest is more Nunez's thing, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3685 on: July 18, 2022, 03:54:03 pm »
Surviceal of the fittest is more Nunez's thing, though...
Why the smear campaign?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3686 on: July 18, 2022, 03:54:38 pm »
Are these goal getters who you think can replace the goals of Jota and Mane?

Why do we need to replace Jota's goals? He's expected back in training after the community shield. Unless I missed something and they've had to amputate.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3687 on: July 18, 2022, 03:55:54 pm »
Diaz is no natural goal getter. Nunez may need some time to settle. Hope sooner than later now with Jota out and Mane gone.

Why are you talking like Jota is gone he could literally be fit by the second game of the season for all we know.

And talking as if there is a fear of Arsenal, Spurs, and Chelsea, then fuck me you must think we are going to be about 30 points behind City at least

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3688 on: July 18, 2022, 04:11:56 pm »
So you do not think Chelsea, Spurs nor Arsenal have improved their teams/squads with their recent signings?
That wasn't what I asked but...

Spurs have signed Persic, Richarlison and Bousouma. I'm not sure where the extra 21-points are coming from with those players.

Chelsea have lost two centre-backs and their £90m striker. I'm not sure the players they've signed are any better or enough o make up an 18-point defecit.

Arsenal have Arteta as amanger, doesn't matter who they sign they'll be shit.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 04:19:03 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3689 on: July 18, 2022, 04:13:23 pm »
But all the players signed by Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are going to get off to a flier and be huge successes?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3690 on: July 18, 2022, 04:16:09 pm »
But all the players signed by Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are going to get off to a flier and be huge successes?
I was also thinking of keeping up with City from the start.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3691 on: July 18, 2022, 04:17:04 pm »

All 3 of Richarlison, Jesus, and Sterling are going to score 20 goals at least in the PL this year, despite only 1 of them ever achieving that once in their career

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3692 on: July 18, 2022, 04:24:28 pm »
This seems to be going on some weird tangent.

If (and that's a big IF) Jota isn't available for the start of the season, why wouldn't Salah, Firmino, Nunez, Diaz, Carvalho and Elliot be enough to keep up with City until he's back? We won three games last season without Mane and Salah.

You're also saying Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea have strengthened while our players may need time to settle.....   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 04:32:26 pm by Funky_Gibbons »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3693 on: July 18, 2022, 04:26:09 pm »

We already are keeping up with City. Not sure what the point is here?

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3694 on: July 18, 2022, 04:28:46 pm »
What a fucking bedwetter.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #3695 on: July 18, 2022, 04:44:09 pm »
Weird posts from the kid above. Jota hasn't scored since the Notts Forest QF on March 20 hardly like he's been prolific the end of last year.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3697 on: July 25, 2022, 11:01:41 pm »
Any idea how long he'll be out for?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3698 on: July 25, 2022, 11:23:23 pm »

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3699 on: July 25, 2022, 11:23:33 pm »
Any idea how long he'll be out for?

Last I head Klopp say was after the City game, but that could mean anything. It's likely about 4 weeks from when the reoccurrence was reported assuming it is his hamstring again.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3700 on: July 26, 2022, 02:28:04 am »
All 3 of Richarlison, Jesus, and Sterling are going to score 20 goals at least in the PL this year, despite only 1 of them ever achieving that once in their career

At Least 20 goals from them eh? IN the last 10 years the most people to score 20+ goals in the league is 5. Happened once. In the last 10 years there have been 33 people to get 20+ goals. So basically average of 3 people getting 20+ goals

I dont think people realize how hard it is to get 20+ goals in the PL, its not just some common thing

Sterling MAYBE, no shot Jesus or Richarlison get 20 goals. Richarlison is going to be a rotation person. If he gets 13 or more goals id be surprised. Jesus will prolly get 15-18 goals

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3701 on: July 29, 2022, 02:14:35 am »
Any timeline on when he will be back? Going to be a very important player for us and has already show he is capable of scoring 20 goals a season. He will benefit a lot playing alongside Nunez and Salah.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3702 on: July 29, 2022, 03:42:46 am »
apparently after the city game.

guess the medical team prescribing him 2 inhalers instead of the 1 to get him back quick double the time.

rather him be back a bit later rather than suffer another setback. think we got enough in our locker to get us thru the first few games of the season hopefully

no idea why the bedwetting. Chelsea just lost 4 nil to arsenal who have arteta in charge

and also city losing jesus, fernandinho and sterling might be kind of a rather big loss personnel wise. sterling and jesus are rather key players for them

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3703 on: July 30, 2022, 01:33:35 pm »
Glad he’s back soon - ideally he’d be starting the season up front for us.. he was fantastic for most of last season until that injury he picked up.
Some of the assessment of him as a player was odd on here - he led the league in open play xg per 90
iirc - measurably the most dangerous attacker in the division - but a lot wanted to talk relentlessly about his passing (I look forward to their Nunes assessments?!). We were at our best as an attacking team last season when he was at his best
Looking forward to watching him again this year 

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3704 on: July 30, 2022, 01:42:06 pm »
Glad he’s back soon - ideally he’d be starting the season up front for us.. he was fantastic for most of last season until that injury he picked up.
Some of the assessment of him as a player was odd on here - he led the league in open play xg per 90
iirc - measurably the most dangerous attacker in the division - but a lot wanted to talk relentlessly about his passing (I look forward to their Nunes assessments?!). We were at our best as an attacking team last season when he was at his best
Looking forward to watching him again this year
I think it's interesting that Klopp preferred Mane to him through the middle at the end of the season, maybe like with Van Dijk's partner just stick with who was fit and working at the time? Then we've spent big on a player to play in the middle as well instead of another more winger/ wide forward type. I thought we'd have backed Jota as the main guy there after 19/20 and the start of last season. Would be really interested in why the change in preference.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3705 on: July 30, 2022, 02:15:24 pm »
I think it's interesting that Klopp preferred Mane to him through the middle at the end of the season, maybe like with Van Dijk's partner just stick with who was fit and working at the time? Then we've spent big on a player to play in the middle as well instead of another more winger/ wide forward type. I thought we'd have backed Jota as the main guy there after 19/20 and the start of last season. Would be really interested in why the change in preference.

Yeah it’s interesting - I think Mane being preferred was Jotas lack of fitness in the last couple of months … not sure, the Diaz/Mane/Salah front 3 wasn’t as effective as Mane/Jota/Salah from earlier in the season but that might also have to do with a more conservative midfield and end of season fatigue - hard to say
I’m still in shock we actually bought Nunes so will be as interested as you to see how he and Jota are used

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3706 on: July 30, 2022, 02:48:44 pm »
Mane being preferred is because he has better hold up play, is stronger and is far more Firmino like in his passing and build up play.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3707 on: July 30, 2022, 03:16:42 pm »
Mane being preferred is because he has better hold up play, is stronger and is far more Firmino like in his passing and build up play.

Mane's hold up play is poor and was a problem for us in the last part of the season to my eye so we disagree on this one.
Not super relevant now I guess as he's left

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3708 on: July 30, 2022, 06:29:09 pm »
I suspect it was wanting to have Sadio in the side as much as anything, he was just in better form. Him and Diaz were our two form forwards in the second half of the season, so Sadio up top and Luis from the left made sense
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3709 on: August 1, 2022, 10:59:54 pm »
New contract being signed according to Dom King, thoroughly deserved!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3710 on: August 2, 2022, 11:59:01 am »
Signed!

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3711 on: August 2, 2022, 11:59:28 am »
A brilliant new deal completed, great news.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3713 on: August 2, 2022, 12:06:03 pm »
Seems pretty unusual to be offering a new contract when there's still 3 years left on his existing one, but I guess it's a measure of how valuable he is and to reward him for his performances up to now.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3714 on: August 2, 2022, 12:08:14 pm »
Well deserved, and a good sign for players like him that if you come here and perform well you're going to get pretty regular pay rises in line with team-mates.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3715 on: August 2, 2022, 12:10:06 pm »
Great work by the club. We can expect him to feel amazing in this season. He is appreciated and important to us.

Offline pa

• humbug
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3716 on: August 2, 2022, 12:14:33 pm »
Great news. We are so well-managed nowadays.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3717 on: August 2, 2022, 12:22:03 pm »
Great news - hes fantastic

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3718 on: August 2, 2022, 12:35:50 pm »
Seems pretty unusual to be offering a new contract when there's still 3 years left on his existing one, but I guess it's a measure of how valuable he is and to reward him for his performances up to now.

It’s a great way of doing things. You sign up on a realistic wage, work your arse off, improve every day, show what a valuable player you are for the team, and within a couple seasons you get rewarded with a far better wage structure and a long term deal which of course is benefitial to the club. 

8)

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3719 on: August 2, 2022, 01:04:47 pm »
Jota has played us. Or something.