Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2555378 times)

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #34880 on: September 24, 2022, 01:26:25 pm »
Blokes in their late 50s and 60s with Paul Weller haircuts.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #34881 on: September 24, 2022, 01:48:22 pm »

Like Paul Weller?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34882 on: September 24, 2022, 04:17:36 pm »
Yeah see a lot of them around in the city
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34883 on: September 24, 2022, 06:49:39 pm »
Drinking with slow drinkers, I’ve just been staring at my empty glass for 20 minutes

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #34884 on: September 24, 2022, 06:52:58 pm »
Drinking with slow drinkers, I’ve just been staring at my empty glass for 20 minutes
or people who drink cocktails or shorts  when the rest are drinking pints, meaning they are finished in half the time  ;)
YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #34885 on: September 24, 2022, 06:56:12 pm »

Ha. My step son’s 53 and, guess what, has a Paul Weller hairstyle and wears lots of Paisley shirts, scarfs etc.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34886 on: September 24, 2022, 07:29:34 pm »
The latest initiative not to put sell by dates on certain foods. I'm meant to guess with my veg and fruit these days, grapes can be deceiving.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #34887 on: September 24, 2022, 10:33:23 pm »

there were some of them down in the tube station at midnight
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34888 on: September 24, 2022, 11:11:15 pm »
YouTubers infiltrating sports.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34889 on: September 24, 2022, 11:16:37 pm »

Stanley Road?

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34890 on: September 25, 2022, 07:35:32 am »

Just get yourself another pint or half while they catch up. I call it playing through.

Make sure you can stay the distance though. You don’t want to be the early pace setting crumpled in a heap.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34891 on: September 25, 2022, 09:29:28 am »
people who when you think they have finished their sentence - because they leave quite a pause - start talking again when you reply to them as if you've interrupted them

so you stop and then listen and when you think 'ah, they've finished their sentence now' because of that long pause, and you begin to utter a reply then they start up again

and also i was being interviewed in town about energy prices and this girl answered all my replies to her questions with 'am-mazingggg' even when she asked about do i know anyone elderly who would be suffering and i said 'my uncle's in his 80s and he's just had a massive heart attack and is in poor health' and she said 'am-mazingggg' and moved onto the next question
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34892 on: September 25, 2022, 10:29:45 am »
The latest initiative not to put sell by dates on certain foods. I'm meant to guess with my veg and fruit these days, grapes can be deceiving.

I bought a bag of unmarked carrots from Sainsbury’s and after a few days they were going mouldy.

Won’t buy bagged veg anymore just loose stuff.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34893 on: September 25, 2022, 12:14:56 pm »
I bought a bag of unmarked carrots from Sainsbury’s and after a few days they were going mouldy.

Won’t buy bagged veg anymore just loose stuff.

It doesn't make any sense to me personally - the idea is that use bys mean a lot of people waste food before it actually goes off but ultimately if there isn't a use by, you buy some veg and it does go off after a few days you're going to buy more anyway and chuck it away. With the use by most sensible people would keep it and use it probably a few days after it in some cases depending on what the food is. Just seems another 'clever idea to save the planet' which is actually counter productive.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34894 on: September 25, 2022, 12:21:16 pm »
It doesn't make any sense to me personally - the idea is that use bys mean a lot of people waste food before it actually goes off but ultimately if there isn't a use by, you buy some veg and it does go off after a few days you're going to buy more anyway and chuck it away. With the use by most sensible people would keep it and use it probably a few days after it in some cases depending on what the food is. Just seems another 'clever idea to save the planet' which is actually counter productive.

I use plenty of things after their use by date. If it looks used and smells ok then it's getting used. If it's meat generally I'd cook it about 3/4 of the way then freeze it. Defrost then finish it off.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34895 on: September 25, 2022, 12:24:11 pm »
I use plenty of things after their use by date. If it looks used and smells ok then it's getting used. If it's meat generally I'd cook it about 3/4 of the way then freeze it. Defrost then finish it off.

I’d agree but when things get mouldy the solution is obvious. ;)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
i
« Reply #34896 on: September 25, 2022, 01:53:28 pm »

I .usually start to shake the glass into my mouth, like an empty packet of crisps to indicate how empty it is. No time for breaking
 round etiquette.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34897 on: September 25, 2022, 02:51:24 pm »

The knack is to use it before it's gone too far even if it's to make a curry or soup or even stock.  All can be frozen and used later.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34898 on: September 25, 2022, 04:07:24 pm »
The knack is to use it before it's gone too far even if it's to make a curry or soup or even stock.  All can be frozen and used later.

bang on  :wave

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34899 on: September 25, 2022, 04:07:37 pm »
Yeah you don't really need to pay any attention to Sell By or Best Before dates. Even Use By you can just use common sense to tell if something is OK to eat.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34900 on: September 25, 2022, 05:52:23 pm »
Yeah you don't really need to pay any attention to Sell By or Best Before dates. Even Use By you can just use common sense to tell if something is OK to eat.

My sister is a bugger for using stuff way beyond what most people would.  I remember my niece jokingly saying that she was 15 before she found out that yoghurt wasn't fizzy 😂

I don't buy fruit or veg in packaging as I like to feel and smell how fresh it is and there's nothing worse than plastic for rotting stuff.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #34901 on: September 25, 2022, 07:51:25 pm »
My sister is a bugger for using stuff way beyond what most people would.  I remember my niece jokingly saying that she was 15 before she found out that yoghurt wasn't fizzy 😂

I don't buy fruit or veg in packaging as I like to feel and smell how fresh it is and there's nothing worse than plastic for rotting stuff.
;D

I grow a fair amount of veg in our garden; nothing better  :thumbsup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34902 on: September 25, 2022, 08:41:21 pm »
;D

I grow a fair amount of veg in our garden; nothing better  :thumbsup

I'm trying but so far, other than onions and spuds I've not had much success. 

My latest project is to turn all the veg beds into raised beds using old pallets so I can keep the rabbits and birds out.

It'll also give me some depth to grow things like leeks, carrots and parsnips as we're on heavy clay.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34903 on: September 25, 2022, 08:41:56 pm »
People who vape, particularly those who think the no smoking rules don’t apply to them. They hide that fucking kazoo thing behind their wrist, and just smoke away on their pretend pipe at the match, on the train, in the pub, pretty much wherever they want.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34904 on: September 26, 2022, 10:30:16 am »
People who vape

You could've just ended it there  :D
Like with everything, some people are OK, but seemingly the overwhelming majority of these people are utter pricks as you describe. Especially the wankers with their cocktail flavours that think they are some sort of trend setter. Newsflash, you are nothing but a c*nt.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34905 on: September 26, 2022, 11:35:43 am »
I'd much rather have the smell of cigarette smoke over the sweet, sickly smell of vaping any day.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34906 on: September 26, 2022, 11:53:01 am »
Walking through our town centre yesterday evening to go for a meal and this group of young girls, no older than 13, are harrassing an older man who has clear disabilities. We step in and tell them to fuck off somewhere else and are met with a stream of abuse and threats that they'll come back and stab us and so on. Luckily, someone who knew the aforementioned older man came by to make sure he was alright and made it home but the whole thing was just a sorry view of how a lot of the younger generation seem to be acting nowadays (fucking hell, I'm 35 and sound like a pensioner)

One of the kickers was that they're all there smoking those new disposable vapes that are popping up everywhere. I mean, vaping at that age is madness. How the fuck these things have been able to be so widely released is beyond me

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34907 on: September 26, 2022, 10:53:04 pm »
I'd much rather have the smell of cigarette smoke over the sweet, sickly smell of vaping any day.
Yes! I've said the same many times. Whatever its faults and dangers the acridity of cigarette smoke makes it feel, I don't know, sort of astringent and clean and impersonal.

The steam from vaping is not only sickly and overpowering but seems horribly moist and intimate by comparison.

Possibly I'm the only one who knows what I mean, lol.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34908 on: September 27, 2022, 01:35:13 am »
Not exactly small but I’m due to fly home from Florida on Wednesday but a massive hurricane is on track to hit Florida tomorrow and could delay things big time. I’ll know more tomorrow.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34909 on: September 27, 2022, 02:20:12 am »
Not exactly small but I’m due to fly home from Florida on Wednesday but a massive hurricane is on track to hit Florida tomorrow and could delay things big time. I’ll know more tomorrow.

Hey Andy, I hope you get home ok. I’m in Florida, and watching the storm closely. Which airport are you flying from? Clearwater airport has just shut down due to evacuation orders, but right now all others are open.

My best mate is supposed to be flying in to see us on Thursday via Orlando so hoping everything goes well his end too…

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34910 on: September 27, 2022, 02:50:01 am »
Hey Andy, I hope you get home ok. I’m in Florida, and watching the storm closely. Which airport are you flying from? Clearwater airport has just shut down due to evacuation orders, but right now all others are open.

My best mate is supposed to be flying in to see us on Thursday via Orlando so hoping everything goes well his end too…

Hello mate, Melbourne airport we are flying from. I’m hoping as it is on the east side it won’t be affected as much but god knows. Hope your best mate gets over ok and all to plan mate.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #34911 on: September 27, 2022, 07:28:55 am »
"lads" in the gym changies who appear to have mistaken a club for a place to shower and change.

The incessant noise and shouting and bawling honestly makes me question whether I should join a more inconvenient gym from my home and work so I can change in a normal atmosphere

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #34912 on: September 27, 2022, 09:43:06 am »
Walking through our town centre yesterday evening to go for a meal and this group of young girls, no older than 13, are harrassing an older man who has clear disabilities.

Were they filming it? Personally, I can't stand the modern trend to be generating content at all times in public. It's not even just being abusive, or cruel pranks etc - there was a story a month or so back about an older woman who had been given flowers in public by a stranger "because it looked like she needed it" - but it was all just some kid getting content for some channel. I think she was suing him over it.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34913 on: September 27, 2022, 10:37:57 am »
hangnails, nail tags, skin tags around the fingernail, wicklows (i think my mum used to call them)

so painful when touched and if you pull them out - well, just fucking don't!

how can something so small be so painful? i broke my leg in 2 places once and that was a breeze in comparison

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34914 on: September 27, 2022, 04:35:53 pm »
^ Yes we all hate that, get that pic out of here  >:(

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34915 on: September 27, 2022, 04:41:32 pm »
This is more something that intimidates me - but it's appropriate to post here and you, yes you, will see why.

I've just booked to come back to Liverpool for a quick solo trip, first time in ages, and I'm going to finally take the plunge and start driving. I moved to the states 20 odd years ago having never driven in the UK, learned in the states, and have still never driven back home. Tight windy roads, fast drivers, other side of the road, roundabouts everywhere, and seemingly - based on this thread - an extreme intolerance for other drivers. A brutal lack of empathy one might say. Well maybe have you ever considered that the other driver is actually an excellent driver who is just learning the ropes in a country that is not foreign per se but foreign in the sense of driving? Did that ever cross your hateful little minds? Perhaps it should next time.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34916 on: September 27, 2022, 04:52:17 pm »
This is more something that intimidates me - but it's appropriate to post here and you, yes you, will see why.

I've just booked to come back to Liverpool for a quick solo trip, first time in ages, and I'm going to finally take the plunge and start driving. I moved to the states 20 odd years ago having never driven in the UK, learned in the states, and have still never driven back home. Tight windy roads, fast drivers, other side of the road, roundabouts everywhere, and seemingly - based on this thread - an extreme intolerance for other drivers. A brutal lack of empathy one might say. Well maybe have you ever considered that the other driver is actually an excellent driver who is just learning the ropes in a country that is not foreign per se but foreign in the sense of driving? Did that ever cross your hateful little minds? Perhaps it should next time.

hey get outta my way - you're going too slow for this thread

and we post on the left side over here - damn foreigners coming on here and blocking up the threads

beep beep

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34917 on: September 27, 2022, 04:53:41 pm »
hey get outta my way - you're going too slow for this thread

and we post on the left side over here - damn foreigners coming on here and blocking up the threads

beep beep

Ayy I'm postin' heeah! *whacks car*

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #34918 on: September 27, 2022, 05:41:37 pm »

My nephew moved to America some years ago now. Started off in New York but eventually bought a Winnebago and put a trailer on the back to transport a Mini Cooper S all over the States. They'd find a place to stop off for a while then take the Cooper out and explore. He reckoned the driving in America is much worse than over here.

Last time he came back here to visit he hired a car, and some idiot almost wiped us out at the island by The Grapes pub in Formby, though.  ::)

Anyway, just avoid dickheads in black Audis and you should be ok. I empathise regarding the tight, winding roads though. We were over in Snowdonia a few weeks back and plenty of roads are very narrow as well as hilly. It's scary stuff when you turn a tight corner to see a motorhome coming towards you. 😲
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #34919 on: September 27, 2022, 06:11:33 pm »
I broke my leg in 2 places once and that was a breeze in comparison
Was one of the two places Wembley in a FA cup final Dave?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.