Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3474839 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #52960 on: March 16, 2021, 09:26:03 pm »
I watched that recently as it's come onto Netflix. I preferred Get Out, as it's a very similar film again exploring some related themes - it was better primarily due to the freshness and impact in my mind. I think it's a bit like Midsommar and Hereditary, in that whichever you see first, you think is better as it robs the latter of some impact.

Having said that, Us was a good watch. I really enjoyed the themes
Spoiler
I did see the switcharoo ending coming, but again I think I was looking for some novel twist because of Get Out
[close]
and as you say Hazell, an absolute wedge of stuff to unpack re Trump's America and so many other topics.

Peele is at the top of his game right now, not many directing such fresh feeling horror that actually does chill.
Spoiler
The doppelganger family stood at the edge of the drive was definitely freaky.
[close]
Some good performances in their too, a few familiar faces from Black Panther.

We watched 'I see You' on netflix over the weekend. Standard-ish horror/thriller fare with a novel element to it. Maybe contorts itself a bit too much to fit it's narrative conceit but ultimately, it didn't overstay it's welcome. Easy 6/10 watch for when you want to essentially be entertained without having to give it much thought.

I see what you mean about whichever one you see first, I suspect that's a reason I prefer 'Get Out' but I definitely need to watch 'Us' again.

Strangely, I prefer Midsommar to Hereditary despite having seen Hereditary first but honestly, I prefer both Jordan Peele's films to Ari Aster's.

On us

Spoiler
My girlfriend actually called the switch at the start, but before the dopplegangers turned up she'd changed her mind. I think it was the point when they go to the beach and she's freaked out.
[close]

I watched Enough Said with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Gandolfini last night.

Really sad to see Gandolfini playing completely against type and a sad reminder that we lost a collosal acting force too early.

Spoiler
I definitely didn't see the switch coming unlike you guys but I'm usually slow with these things :P
[close]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:27:40 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #52961 on: March 16, 2021, 11:21:10 pm »
After seeing a lot of stuff on the web about the series Clarice, I went back and watched Silence of the Lambs again. It really is fantastic and it's amazing to see how much influence it's had on film and television since. So much to enjoy in the film making and acting, although for me it does seem like Hopkins hams it up a bit too much at times.

Clarice has had the same effect on me, made me want to watch Silence again, as the show is just leaving me frustrated with what an insipid job they're doing with such good source material (whereas Hannibal the TV show overall did a good job - tho not a fan of the end, seemed rushed as tho they were just tying up lose ends before being canned)

with regard to your second point, while hopkins does ham it up as Hannibal, i think he gets away with it (in that the character is quite mesmerising to watch) - which he most definitely doesn't as Van Helsing in Bram Stoker's Dracula (he's fucking woeful, probably the worst Van Helsing protrayal i've ever had to suffer), incidentally, while i like BSD, don't get me started on that fucking film title - utter bullshit and a terrible reflection on how they handled the story and the characterisation of dracula

if you want a less eccentric version of hannibal (and closer to the book portrayal imo), try brian cox in Manhunter, unfortunately only a brief cameo in film minutes but still good
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:22:51 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52962 on: March 17, 2021, 02:05:24 am »
You might know how to make a hell of a username, but you have improperly identified the worst Van Helsing!  That was the Hugh Jackman “crossbows are machine guns” as van Helsing. I genuinely confuse memories of that Van Helsing with Danny McBride in Your Highness.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #52963 on: March 17, 2021, 02:49:22 am »
Clarice has had the same effect on me, made me want to watch Silence again, as the show is just leaving me frustrated with what an insipid job they're doing with such good source material (whereas Hannibal the TV show overall did a good job - tho not a fan of the end, seemed rushed as tho they were just tying up lose ends before being canned)

with regard to your second point, while hopkins does ham it up as Hannibal, i think he gets away with it (in that the character is quite mesmerising to watch) - which he most definitely doesn't as Van Helsing in Bram Stoker's Dracula (he's fucking woeful, probably the worst Van Helsing protrayal i've ever had to suffer), incidentally, while i like BSD, don't get me started on that fucking film title - utter bullshit and a terrible reflection on how they handled the story and the characterisation of dracula

if you want a less eccentric version of hannibal (and closer to the book portrayal imo), try brian cox in Manhunter, unfortunately only a brief cameo in film minutes but still good

I thought the TV series Hannibal was really not very good at all. More than anything, it annoyed the crap out of me how cheap it was. It was basically CSI with Hannibal characters. I HATED Will's pseudo-superpower of crime scene reconstruction. I found the weird sexual tension between the two of them to be pointlessly sleazy. It was easily the worst Hannibal product I'd seen.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #52964 on: March 17, 2021, 09:23:00 am »
You might know how to make a hell of a username, but you have improperly identified the worst Van Helsing!  That was the Hugh Jackman “crossbows are machine guns” as van Helsing. I genuinely confuse memories of that Van Helsing with Danny McBride in Your Highness.

to be frank i dont count that, tho you're right (and their are others of this ilk, as there are pure comedy takes), as i consider it (and the others) as a parody (or more acurate would be a reimagining i suppose) of the character, while hopkin's was meant to be playing the actual character of van helsing from the novel - especially considering the extraordinary decision of coppola to call it Bram Stoker's Dracula
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #52965 on: March 21, 2021, 06:35:27 pm »
Watched The Gentlemen on Amazon last night.

Better than most the recent Guy Ritchie stuff. I'd put it third behind Lock Stock and Snatch
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52966 on: March 21, 2021, 07:09:54 pm »
I thought the TV series Hannibal was really not very good at all. More than anything, it annoyed the crap out of me how cheap it was. It was basically CSI with Hannibal characters. I HATED Will's pseudo-superpower of crime scene reconstruction. I found the weird sexual tension between the two of them to be pointlessly sleazy. It was easily the worst Hannibal product I'd seen.

Love it,Mads took the character and made it his own & the final season was one of the best of any show for me.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #52967 on: March 24, 2021, 12:51:43 pm »
Watched The Godfather: Part II again last night for the first time in about 15 years or so....stating the obvious, but man alive - what a film...what a film. Pure cinema heaven. 10/10
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #52968 on: March 24, 2021, 01:09:00 pm »
Watched The Godfather: Part II again last night for the first time in about 15 years or so....stating the obvious, but man alive - what a film...what a film. Pure cinema heaven. 10/10

Yes - a perfect film for me. All the greatness of the first film but with the addition of De Niro who is just mesmerising and the scenes of early New York in the Italian quarter which are stunning, and then you add in the Cuban story line too .... Just works     
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52969 on: March 24, 2021, 09:30:08 pm »

I've not seen them for a while, I have the 7 hour Godfather - A Novel for Television 1977 UNCENSORED EXTENDED to watch that puts everything in chronological order. Will have to watch it over a few sessions
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #52970 on: March 26, 2021, 06:39:05 pm »
Finding Steve McQueen

Me and the missus enjoyed it. Bit of a slow-burner, but quite engaging.

6/10

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #52971 on: March 26, 2021, 10:14:41 pm »

And with the added bonus of Uncle Junior playing the sleazy Johnny Ola.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52972 on: March 26, 2021, 11:10:12 pm »
There's so much greatness in the film... My favourite have to be the scenes between Pacino and Cazale though. Brilliance.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #52973 on: March 27, 2021, 12:38:17 am »
Off Topic a bit here.... but just a quick look at '40 facts of behind-the-scenes of some great movies' ..  8)

https://www.boredpanda.com/greatest-movies-behind-the-scenes-facts/
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52974 on: March 27, 2021, 08:43:32 pm »
Bad Trip is a good laugh. Eric Andre is fucking wild.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52975 on: March 28, 2021, 03:27:24 am »
There's so much greatness in the film... My favourite have to be the scenes between Pacino and Cazale though. Brilliance.

Funniest is between Vito and Signor Roberto in his office. The panic is hilarious.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #52976 on: March 28, 2021, 02:54:08 pm »
A couple to add to the Korean cinema list, both on Prime. "The Classified File" (2015) is about a cop and a psychic working to solve a kidnapping while swerving the interference of the bent/useless coppers around them. Really tightly made - sort of the opposite of "Mank" in that regard ("Mank" being one of the sloppiest messes I have seen an otherwise excellent filmmaker spew out). "Masquerade" (2012) is a lovely bit of period goodness - the king is poisoned and a lookalike is called in to deputize. With the scrumptious Han Hyo-joo in a supporting role as the queen. Funny and heart-warming and well-made.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #52977 on: March 28, 2021, 08:58:07 pm »
Watched "The Perfect Host" last night. Crazy, funny movie

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #52978 on: March 28, 2021, 11:04:55 pm »
Funniest is between Vito and Signor Roberto in his office. The panic is hilarious.

The landlord?

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52979 on: March 29, 2021, 03:01:54 pm »
Been trying to watch more old movies lately. Criterion Channel added some von Sternberg movies starring Marlene Dietrech. I saw Morocco, Shanghai Express, and The Blue Angel. The Blue Angel was my favorite of those three so far. Shame that Emil Jannings was a Nazi, but he had a great performance. Dietrech was wonderful as well.

Watched Citizen Kane for the first time as well. It's weird watching movies that have so much cultural cache where you already vaguely know what happens in the movie. It was still a thoroughly enjoyable film.

Continued my Kurosawa watchthrough with The Most Beautiful. This was subject to editing and approval from Japan's censorship bureau during the war and its undeniably a propaganda film. It's a shame, because a movie about working women could be good, and the film does a good job showing the sacrifice of these young women. But any conflict is resolved with "let's do our best for our country." Boring film overall. He made some decent movies later, though.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #52980 on: March 29, 2021, 05:14:39 pm »
I love Shanghai Express. Just a pure exercise in style.

Promising Young Woman is quite good. Total Marmite film though

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #52981 on: March 30, 2021, 08:22:29 pm »
Watching Dunkirk again.

Really enjoying it more second time around. Music is incredible at really building the tension.

Love the characters and the feeling of loneliness and desperation is incredible.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #52982 on: March 31, 2021, 10:15:35 am »
Watching Dunkirk again.

Really enjoying it more second time around. Music is incredible at really building the tension.

Love the characters and the feeling of loneliness and desperation is incredible.

this guy totally pulls Dunkirk apart though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwdFurGVd9g

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #52983 on: March 31, 2021, 08:54:27 pm »
Just watched Godzilla vs. Kong the human stories got on my nerves it's ok nothing special

At one point in a fight I was thinking I wonder how nay people died on the Aircraft cattier bat no one seemed to care
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52984 on: March 31, 2021, 09:09:11 pm »
Just watched Godzilla vs. Kong the human stories got on my nerves it's ok nothing special

At one point in a fight I was thinking I wonder how nay people died on the Aircraft cattier bat no one seemed to care

Yeah just finished it too, stupid as fuck from start to finish and surely thousands massacred during the whole thing.

The fights were cool though.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #52985 on: April 1, 2021, 12:10:20 am »

I've seen the first Kong movie in this series, and the first Godzilla movie.

They both sucked but the Kong movie was arguably less bad because it was more monster focused.

It's a perennial problem with the giant monster genre (it also applies to Transformers movies). The main subject of the films are actually these huge creatures/robots which often have limited personality or agency to empathise with, but are what the audience is here to see. That leaves filmmakers wanting to create some human characters that audiences can relate to. But in the large proportion of these cases these stories are absolutely asinine and make me want to break something.

There are a few exceptions to this - noting that I haven't seen any of the Japanese kaiju type films so I don't know whether they do it much better.

Peter Jackson's Kong I thought was a masterwork, because it spent a lot of time on King Kong's personality and his connection with the Naomi Watts character. It was less about the wanton destruction and more about the monster as an actual character, rather than just a monster truck freakshow.

Pacific Rim is also a kaiju film, but the kaiju themselves were an existential threat for humans to slay. We had real human characters that we're about to care about, who have agency and who are the monster slayers - who just happen to be in giant mecha. This formulation also works well.

The common element between the two is that we're able to actually relate to something that's happening on the screen, rather than just watching a destruction derby. It's not that hard a concept, but it's something the film industry's not prioritised, because they think audiences are just witless sheep who'll buy the tickets anyway. It's a somewhat similar depressing logic to the DC universe.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #52986 on: April 1, 2021, 02:59:45 am »
The original Japanese Godzilla is an environmental, anti-nuclear parable. Scientific ethics is a massive theme and the film oozes resignation and despair. The new Godzilla farcically does a 180 right from the start. In the original, Godzilla was the product of nuclear testing; in the Edwards film

Spoiler
Post WW2 nuclear testing in the Pacific was an attempt to destroy Godzilla... er, ok ::) And I honestly thought Godzilla was going to get a fucking ticker tape parade at the end of the Edwards film. He's pretty much an employee of the U.S. military in the past two films
[close]

The less said about Godzilla: King of the Monsters, the better. Kermode had it right: wet Transformers

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #52987 on: April 1, 2021, 09:38:24 am »
Yeah just finished it too, stupid as fuck from start to finish and surely thousands massacred during the whole thing.

The fights were cool though.

Not being funny, but you do realise it's about a huge bumbling lizard that bops about and hides somewhere under the sea before basically punching monsters in the face? :D

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52988 on: April 1, 2021, 12:06:12 pm »

Not being funny, but you do realise it's about a huge bumbling lizard that bops about and hides somewhere under the sea before basically punching monsters in the face? :D

Ah the old Game of Thrones argument again, there are dragons so therefore nothing needs to make sense!

Things can still be well written even with big monsters in there:

Spoiler
A kid pouring a drink into a computer system and frying it, causing a huge mech miles away to stutter for a moment but then continue to function as normal is lazy as fuck, they just jammed it in there to get around the fact that way too much of the movie was spent on 3 characters who achieved the square root of fuck all otherwise.
[close]

I wasn't expecting much going into it I just wanted to see some big fights, so I got everything out of it that I was expecting, I'm just pointing out that it's probably the dumbest of all of the recent kaiju movies by some distance.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #52989 on: April 1, 2021, 11:40:37 pm »
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Not bad Pig. Kind of like Stranger Things, but not as good.

More of a kids film, but refreshing to have something with a bit of a plot and not half a ton of pigs intestines. Decent effects. What the Fuck was that smiling shithead?

8/10

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #52990 on: April 2, 2021, 09:31:40 am »
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Not bad Pig. Kind of like Stranger Things, but not as good.

More of a kids film, but refreshing to have something with a bit of a plot and not half a ton of pigs intestines. Decent effects. What the Fuck was that smiling shithead?

8/10
I watched this when it came out, visually decent like you say, but I think it fell flat for me. Like a much more poorly executed It (2017). I think it looks poor in comparison because it came out not long after, with a not entirely different premise and a similar group of misfit kids thrown together to battle the entity. And it suffers by comparison.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #52991 on: April 2, 2021, 11:25:55 am »
I watched this when it came out, visually decent like you say, but I think it fell flat for me. Like a much more poorly executed It (2017). I think it looks poor in comparison because it came out not long after, with a not entirely different premise and a similar group of misfit kids thrown together to battle the entity. And it suffers by comparison.

It did seem to have quite a few 'Steven King' Components :)

Everything wrong with.. pretty much nailed it.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52992 on: April 2, 2021, 11:43:12 am »
Watched the Wolf of Wall Street few days ago. Alright movie but so crass, didn't expect there to be that much profanity and nudity. They hardly dived into any of the corruption and laundering issues that Belfort did.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #52993 on: April 2, 2021, 11:59:56 am »
Watched the Wolf of Wall Street few days ago. Alright movie but so crass, didn't expect there to be that much profanity and nudity. They hardly dived into any of the corruption and laundering issues that Belfort did.
Alright, Mary Whitehouse  ;D

(I was more offended that it just wasn’t a very good film. Seems to be universally loved though, for some reason).

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52994 on: April 2, 2021, 12:43:21 pm »
After watching some pretty heartbreaking real crime stuff involving kids (The trials of Gabriel Fernandez) on Netflix, I just had to take time out and go away and watch something really lighthearted that embraced children.

So, After 20 years I finally watched the first Harry Potter movie with the missus and thought it was absolutely wonderful.  I can see why children go mad for it and think I would have too if it had of been released in the 70’s or 80’s. 

Going to work our way through the whole film series and watch one when other tv stuff all gets a bit heavy.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #52995 on: April 2, 2021, 04:09:03 pm »
Ah the old Game of Thrones argument again, there are dragons so therefore nothing needs to make sense!

Things can still be well written even with big monsters in there:

Spoiler
A kid pouring a drink into a computer system and frying it, causing a huge mech miles away to stutter for a moment but then continue to function as normal is lazy as fuck, they just jammed it in there to get around the fact that way too much of the movie was spent on 3 characters who achieved the square root of fuck all otherwise.
[close]

I wasn't expecting much going into it I just wanted to see some big fights, so I got everything out of it that I was expecting, I'm just pointing out that it's probably the dumbest of all of the recent kaiju movies by some distance.

Not the 'Game of Thrones' Argument at all.

I'm a big fan of Fantasy stories done well - especially 'serious' ones, but Godzilla was always about a bloke walking about in a big T-Rex suit having actual fights with other random blokes dressed up as something else.

Don't get me wrong - I liked in them in the same way I liked other Asian programmes of the time - like Monkey.

Just find it very hard to take Godzilla seriously after decades of not doing so. Same with Monkey - just can't be done :)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52996 on: April 2, 2021, 04:28:50 pm »
Synchronic

Held off watching this due to a few unsavoury reviews but threw it on the other night and really enjoyed it.

Little sci-fi thriller with Anthony Mackie & Jamie Dornan in, definitely recommend giving it a go.

Big Time Adolescence

Actually don't mind Pete Davidson, but anyone I mention him to seems to cant stand him but spotted this on Sky Movies and really really enjoyed it.

Coming of age drama with Pete basically just playing himself. Similar to King of Staten Island but  surprisingly enjoyed this one much more.

THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #52997 on: April 2, 2021, 04:38:00 pm »

Its a bit shite to be honest, but good lord Margot Robbie.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52998 on: April 2, 2021, 05:01:04 pm »
Its a bit shite to be honest, but good lord Margot Robbie.

I haven't seen it but she's my second favourite Robbie.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #52999 on: April 2, 2021, 05:07:20 pm »
I haven't seen it but she's my second favourite Robbie.

I'm a Coltraine fan too.
Y.N.W.A.