Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632306 times)

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
First off, THIS IS HOW YOU DO QUICKSILVER. Its simple, its blue, it looks streamlined. Easy. No fucking leather jackets, no all silver emo hair that looks stupid. Just a great, modern take that is believable. My one gripe is no white/grey hair, but maybe they tried it and it just didnt look right, or he will get the white hair gradually, who knows. Still, its a billion times better than the abomination that is the X-Men Quicksilver.

Photo from filming of Avengers 2...

Spoiler
[close]
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Well, now you know how making a movie really looks. But don't worry, tons of post-prod, and it will be awesome in IMAX 3D.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Photo from filming of Avengers 2...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

[close]
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Well, now you know how making a movie really looks. But don't worry, tons of post-prod, and it will be awesome in IMAX 3D.

???

I don't know if that was meant for the photo I posted, but my specific aim was to show the characters in light of Beav's quote.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
???

I don't know if that was meant for the photo I posted, but my specific aim was to show the characters in light of Beav's quote.

They could leave it like that and it would still look so much better than the Fox version :D
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
Going to see Winter Soldier tomorrow.  Loads of reviews comparing it to The Avengers with quite a few saying it's better.  I really liked the first one so I'm looking forward to this.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
I can watch it tomorrow on my own or go with a few friends later for a normal showing. Decisions decisions...
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Watched the first Cap movie again last night, really is a lot of fun.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cant wait to see this.

Before the Marvel films golden era, I wasnt bothered about Cap at all. Hes a walking flag, hes dull and uninteresting, one of those characters that were just made to pander to people. Hes shit. But then I enjoyed the film, I enjoyed him in the Avengers. Then I read the comics (Ed Brubakers run) and holy fucking shit. I was so, so wrong.

This looks like Brubakers run brought to life. It looks clever, action packed, visuallly fantastic and downright fucking brilliant. I cant wait for Friday when I see this.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Excited to see this, I actually enjoyed Captain America the most out of the non Avenger movies, and although I feel like i've seen 90% of the film already from trailers, it should be great
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Loved it, won't post anything plot wise  outside of spoiler tags for a few days or anything that will ruin it for anyone, but it completely flips the Marvel movie verse on its head.

Spoiler
loved the Dr Strange name drop
[close]

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Class film. Lacked the directorial auteurism to take it to The Dark Knight's level but everything else was there. Currently got 91% on RT which is deserved imo.

Post-Credits scene

Spoiler
I was iffy on Baron Von Strucker's addition to Avengers 2 but I was hooked on the character within about 5 seconds of seeing and hearing him. Bring on Age of Ultron.
[close]

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen it and thoroughly enjoyed it, seemed a lot more gritty than previous Marvel films which helped it with the themes. Loved Robert Redfords character as well.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Oh yeah, for anyone seeing this soon, there's a mid-credits scene and a post-credits scene, much like Thor 2.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Saw it last night, thought it was brilliant, especially as the first Cap was my leash favourite Marvel movie thus far, this was really really good.

Scarlett Johansson <3

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh yeah, for anyone seeing this soon, there's a mid-credits scene and a post-credits scene, much like Thor 2.

If anyone is still going to these films and not staying until the very end, they dont deserve end credit scenes. ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Liked it. Least superheroey Marvel movie and I think that works in its favour.

Spoiler
Never believing a Marvel death scene again. Not that I believed this one mind.
[close]
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Came back from watching Captain America : The Winter Soldier.

Entertaining action movie.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Just back, loved it. I'd have happily sat through another half an hour of that.

Spoiler
The Pulp Fiction reference at the end was great.
[close]

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
Saw it last night, thought it was brilliant, especially as the first Cap was my leash favourite Marvel movie thus far, this was really really good.

Scarlett Johansson <3

Slightly OT but if you like Scarlett Johansen you should watch Under the Skin where she drives round Scotland in a transit van as an alien succubus luring Scotsmen to their doom.

Of course, Scarlett Johansen is overkill there, a can of irn/special bru on a string would be equally effective.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Seeing this tonight, can't wait.

How many post credit scenes are there?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Seeing this tonight, can't wait.

How many post credit scenes are there?
Two, one mid-way, one at the very end.

The usher/cleaner/who ever's in charge of the lights at our showing was awful. Brought the lights up at the end of the film, no one moved, brought them up a minute later, no one moved, brought them up after the mid-credits teaser, every one left but me, spent the final five minutes of credits turning them on and off every 30 seconds, then glared at me as I left.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen it, wow that was very good. If it wasn't for Heath ledger id argue it was the best of the movies so far.

Spoiler
thought fury was actually dead, seeing the pulp fiction quote made me laugh but nobody else seemed to notice it.

Really really good film.

What was the second post credit scene? I saw the first one which I assumed was those twins everybody has been talking about for avengers 2
[close]
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler
What was the second post credit scene? I saw the first one which I assumed was those twins everybody has been talking about for avengers 2
[close]
Spoiler
Bucky at the Captain America museum, looking at the exhibit about his past.
[close]

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Awesome film

Spoiler
Scarlett Johansen is ridiculously fit
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Can't get this out of my head.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
WOW.

Saw it last night WOW. It was absolutely brilliant. It felt tighter, more focused and ambitious than the other Marvel films. The fight scenes, the way Cap throws his shield, Black Widow, it was all phenomenally shot.

The story was fantastic. It's not just chugging along, being filler for Avengers 2, it is a huge film in its own right. Like with Thor 2, they're using the sequels to really expand the universe and create a massive, interconnecting story. They are now integral to Avengers, you will need to see them to understand what's happening. It's brilliant!

Now, for spoilers.
Spoiler
FUCKING HELL! Where to start. Batroc! A Stephen Strange name drop! Sharon Carter! Was that Crossbones? BUCKY! It was a non stop nerd boner! IT WAS AWESOME!

Honestly, I adore Avengers, its pure superhero fun, but this was the best Marvel film yet. The story, the reveal of Bucky, the massive world shattering consequences of it, the action, it was so wonderfully done, it blew me away. I sat watching the Avengers with the biggest grin on my face, I watched this with my fists clenched as if I was there, throwing every punch with Cap, every kick with Black Widow, it was fantastic.

So, SHIELD is fucked. That's massive. Maria Hill was at Stark Industries, so will Tony be setting up his own, Avengers based team, with Hill running it? But more immediately, what happens with the Agents of SHIELD show? They have shown they are more of a renegade crew, and have disobeyed SHIELD protocol on numerous occasions, so will they now run as a lone team, not part of SHIELD? Once again, they have a great chance to make the show more a part of the universe. Can't wait.

Dr Strange is getting a movie now, right? They can't drop a name like that without it meaning something. OH GOD IM EXCITED AGAIN.

Nick Fury is off the grid (mirroring the boss comic story Secret War), so that's cool. (Pulp Fiction tombstone nod was perfect). He's a big player, what will he be going off to do? OH MY GOD. SECRET WARRIORS?!

Sorry, got excited again.

After credit scenes. AWESOME. Firstly, the amount of people who left before them was disgusting. How anyone can not know Marvel do this is beyond me. Baron Von Strucker, Loki's sceptre, is this able to give people powers? Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch looked brilliant. Wanda is going to be a massive player, you can just sense it. For a superhero universe, there aren't that many powers. Well, now there is. "the age of miracles", I love that. We are properly moving into magical powers (Dr Strange film), this will blow the world right open, how will these mortal heroes deal with these people?

And Bucky starting to rediscover his humanity, checking out his own history, that's brilliant. It sets up a massive, massive arc in the Marvel world. Also, with all this, it makes a Civil War style film more likely, although it will need a bit of tweaking without Spidey and a few other issues, but it could actually work.

I could go on and on, it was absolutely phenomenal. It blew me away.
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thought it was ace. Anthony Mackie was a particularly brilliant addition, wasn't he?

Spoiler
Was so, so sure that Robert Redford was going to be revealed as the Red Skull.
[close]

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Thought it was ace. Anthony Mackie was a particularly brilliant addition, wasn't he?

Spoiler
Was so, so sure that Robert Redford was going to be revealed as the Red Skull.
[close]
Spoiler
Hugo Weaving's Red Skull was disintegrated, unless they do another retcon?
[close]

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler
Hugo Weaving's Red Skull was disintegrated, unless they do another retcon?
[close]

Spoiler
Equally possible that the tessearact teleported him somewhere. Haven't read a manual for one of those after all.
[close]
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I actually went to watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier fuck Bayern Munich vs Mn united.   ;D

It was very good action sequences were great  it's up there with Iron Man as the best in the Marvel universe.  I would've liked to see more of the Winter Soldier though his name is on the title of the film.

Spoiler
Oh we got a Stephen Strange aka Doctor Strange mention in this. Setting up that film in a couple of years.
[close]

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Winter Soldier was REALLY good.  Solid all the way through and didn't sag at any point.  Really enjoyed it, miles better than the first one.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Saw it last night. Really enjoyed it.

You can tell the boost in budget it had over the 1st film. Certainly the Avengers effect coming into force here.

Always hard balancing the politics (almost orwellian at times), action, comedy and the overarching story of a man out of time (Liked his little list of things to catch up on). But they nailed it pretty much spot on.

If i were to nitpick

Spoiler
Falcon was kind of shoehorned in. Felt like an after thought
[close]

But a film with Scarlett Johansson and Cobie Smulders will instantly have my interest.

I like how each marvel film has its own identity and feel.

It was certainly better than Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. But all three have been very good to watch and certainly sets up Avengers 2 (with Guardians of the Galaxy in between)

Marvel have cemented their future. Now DC have to gamble big on Superman and Batman being as big because Nolan's batman aside DC just haven't cut it.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
The only shame from all this is FOX keeping control of X Men, Spider man and Fantastic Four. Could have been a lot of scope there for some huge blockbuster overlap.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
The only shame from all this is FOX keeping control of X Men, Spider man and Fantastic Four. Could have been a lot of scope there for some huge blockbuster overlap.

Spiderman is with Sony. There is little chance of that coming back now as they're building their own 'universe' with Venom and Sinister Six spin offs. They were going to let Oscorp into the Avengers background, but it wasnt designed in time for the final visual effects of the Avengers...never say never...but it's highly unlikely.

I want Fantastic Four back, purely so they can use Galactus as Fox have the rights!

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Think Sony have Spider-man.

I don't think its a massive issue to be honest. FOX and Sony will have seen the success of Avengers and anyway they can be part of the action, whether it be loaning the rights across for a cut or whatever then they will do. There has already been stories about some Spider-man references in Avengers 2.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spiderman is with Sony. There is little chance of that coming back now as they're building their own 'universe' with Venom and Sinister Six spin offs. They were going to let Oscorp into the Avengers background, but it wasnt designed in time for the final visual effects of the Avengers...never say never...but it's highly unlikely.

I want Fantastic Four back, purely so they can use Galactus as Fox have the rights!

Sony won't let go of the Spider-Man rights as long as comic book films make money. Which is sad, because he's the perfect Marvel character, but oh well.

I'm fine with Fox having X-Men, they work better in their own Universe I think, and aside from getting a Hulk V Wolverine moment, I'm fine with it.

But, Fantastic 4 needs to be back with Marvel. They've done 2 pretty crap films, ruining Galactus, making shit versions of Silver Surfer and fucking Doctor Doom, and they would be so good with Marvel. They need new big hitters after Downey/Evans leave, and the FF would be the ideal candidates to replace those big characters.

Also, we would get a moment where Evans' Cap meets Jonny Storm and we could have a cute Marvel joke about them looking similar. Come on! Hopefully it flops and Marvel get them back.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan

Money talks though. The possibility of reviving the Avengers series by introducing Spider-Man at some point could be so lucrative that the people from Sony and the people from Marvel just can't let it pass them by. Joint productions between major studios are rare, but if both sides can see a profit and as there's an existing arms-length relationship with all the movies marketed under the "Marvel Studios" banner, well, stranger things have happened.

Or Disney could buy Columbia pictures outright. Sony are not doing particularly well as a company, I wouldn't rule that out.

The weird thing is, there's potentially a chance of Columbia/Sony doing a deal with Warners, which means a Superman/Spider-Man movie could happen before Spider-Man/Avengers. Probably wouldn't happen, of course. Think the internet would break.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sony won't sell and they don't really need to. Same goes with FOX if they sell how do they keep making money?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Sony won't sell and they don't really need to. Same goes with FOX if they sell how do they keep making money?

I don't think they'd sell the rights back, if that's what you mean. But a licence is possible, or a co-production.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA