Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632423 times)

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Agents of SHIELD is still improving.

Last two episodes have been really good, and it looks like it will only heat up from here on. It took a while, but its just getting better and better.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Agents of SHIELD is still improving.

Last two episodes have been really good, and it looks like it will only heat up from here on. It took a while, but its just getting better and better.

History suggests that this means it will almost certainly be cancelled very soon.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Big Round Chancellor

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Honestly thought this weeks episode was a bit of a step down from the very good recent episodes. All of the acting seemed pretty terrible, in particular, Clark Gregg. I had concerns early on that he wouldn't be much good at playing serious scenes and would only shine during his deadpan humour moments, but this is the first time I've really noticed him not being up to scratch and it took me out of the episode a fair bit.

Still enjoyed it mind you, I just thought that previous 4 or 5 episodes were really good and this was a bit of a step backwards.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Spoiler

Kree?

[close]
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline matlfc

• Main Stander
Certainly could be.
They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
Spoiler

Kree?

[close]

So Prometheus takes another mind bending twist!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Ronan the Accuser (one of my favourite cosmic characters) is in Guardians of the Galaxy and he's a Kree so I'm assuming this is a long term subplot they're going with now.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone know if the Skrulls were part of the Fantastic Four rights that went to Fox?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Does anyone know if the Skrulls were part of the Fantastic Four rights that went to Fox?

Not sure anyone knows 100%, I thought they were, or at least that there is a dispute over them. They`re in the same area that Quicksilver according to a lot of what I have read on the internet.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
Has Agents of SHIELD restarted in the UK?

I watched it up until the mid-season finale but haven't heard anything since,

Not exactly gutted if I've missed any as I thought it started badly and got worse but I was hoping it'd pick up

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Has Agents of SHIELD restarted in the UK?

I watched it up until the mid-season finale but haven't heard anything since,

Not exactly gutted if I've missed any as I thought it started badly and got worse but I was hoping it'd pick up

No, back on Channel 4 on the 14th March
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler

Kree?

[close]

That was my first thought, but I really like this fan theory:

Spoiler
So while reading about Hydra I found an interesting sentence “HYDRA’s level of technology is as highly advanced as that of any on Earth, based in part on technology of the alien Gnobians discovered by Baron Von Strucker in 1944”. Now this mentions two important things.

Firstly the Gnobians, a quick google search will show you that the Gnobian race looks oddly familiar to the blue giant in the picture above. it is also known that the Gnobian mother had healing capabilities. This may be why the serum that healed Skye and Coulson works.

Secondly Baron Von Strucker was recently cast for Age of Ultron, now his story is insanely important for the core reason of his control over the Gnobians. His casting is a huge hint that the Gnobians are involved in Age of Ultron and what better way to introduce him than to have the Gnobians be an important part of Agents of Shield.

Another important part of the Gnobians is that they have psychic powers, hmmmm who else do we know who claims to have psychic powers. That’s right the Clairvoyant.

It is known that in the Gnobian history when the mother healed Strucker (Not important) she was driven mad by his insanity. So now we have an insane psychic Gnobian. If that’s not the Clairvoyant then I don’t know what is.

Now we have the question as to what the Clairvoyant wants. I think she knows that something is wrong, her psychic powers should allow her to see everything as stated but she cant see what saved Coulson. I think this is why she is so interested in him, she wants to know if there are other Gnobians.

So to conclude the blue giant is a Gnobian as is the Clairvoyant. The Clairvoyant seeks to find out how Coulson was revived, maybe knowing that it may be a fellow Gnobian. The Gnobians tie into Age of Ultron somehow as the casting of the Baron would hint. The next series of Agents of Shield could possibly be set up for Age of Ultron.
[close]

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
No, back on Channel 4 on the 14th March

Ah ok Cheers

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
That was my first thought, but I really like this fan theory:

Spoiler
So while reading about Hydra I found an interesting sentence “HYDRA’s level of technology is as highly advanced as that of any on Earth, based in part on technology of the alien Gnobians discovered by Baron Von Strucker in 1944”. Now this mentions two important things.

Firstly the Gnobians, a quick google search will show you that the Gnobian race looks oddly familiar to the blue giant in the picture above. it is also known that the Gnobian mother had healing capabilities. This may be why the serum that healed Skye and Coulson works.

Secondly Baron Von Strucker was recently cast for Age of Ultron, now his story is insanely important for the core reason of his control over the Gnobians. His casting is a huge hint that the Gnobians are involved in Age of Ultron and what better way to introduce him than to have the Gnobians be an important part of Agents of Shield.

Another important part of the Gnobians is that they have psychic powers, hmmmm who else do we know who claims to have psychic powers. That’s right the Clairvoyant.

It is known that in the Gnobian history when the mother healed Strucker (Not important) she was driven mad by his insanity. So now we have an insane psychic Gnobian. If that’s not the Clairvoyant then I don’t know what is.

Now we have the question as to what the Clairvoyant wants. I think she knows that something is wrong, her psychic powers should allow her to see everything as stated but she cant see what saved Coulson. I think this is why she is so interested in him, she wants to know if there are other Gnobians.

So to conclude the blue giant is a Gnobian as is the Clairvoyant. The Clairvoyant seeks to find out how Coulson was revived, maybe knowing that it may be a fellow Gnobian. The Gnobians tie into Age of Ultron somehow as the casting of the Baron would hint. The next series of Agents of Shield could possibly be set up for Age of Ultron.
[close]
That's really interesting
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's really interesting

Considering this series so far has been full of more obscure characters and references, I wouldnt bet against it.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER PREVIEW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mf3jMhUK8Q

Awesomesauce!!!

BTW how do I embed this link for the site? the  flash icon thing doesn't seem to work

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER PREVIEW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mf3jMhUK8Q

Awesomesauce!!!

BTW how do I embed this link for the site? the  flash icon thing doesn't seem to work

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Mf3jMhUK8Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2Mf3jMhUK8Q</a>

You have to edit the link a bit - take out where it says watch?v= and replace with v/
If you quote this post, you should see the example.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Mf3jMhUK8Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2Mf3jMhUK8Q</a>

You have to edit the link a bit - take out where it says watch?v= and replace with v/
If you quote this post, you should see the example.

Thanks  - here's a non embed  link from Fandango

http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/exclusive:_captain_america:_the_winter_soldier__secure_the_ship-trailer/155540/2440466900

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can't even remember what happened in last episode of SHIELD

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Been watching Agent's of SHIELD all season and I have to say it's got to be one of the worst programs on TV.
The last 3 episodes including TAHITI  have been excellent - and next week we have Lorelei ( The enchantress' sister ) and Sif

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have to agree, in the beginning sure, but lately it's been pretty good. Everyone involved with the show has been saying that last week's episode was where it was going to take off from.

It's not phenomenal, but it's gone from utterly terrible to good, to something I actually look forward to before the end of season 1. If it continues on that trend, fantastic.

It still has issues with acting, some dialogue and general lack of big Marvel characters, but it's improving on those every week. I'm looking forward to it continuing.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Been watching Agent's of SHIELD all season and I have to say it's got to be one of the worst programs on TV.

I gave up by about ep 6, it felt like every line of dialogue had to be witty snappy quips and the actors weren't exactly great.

Sounds like it's improved so I might come back to it when bored
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
i like the way they have end of credits clips in these films. no idea what any of them are like just interesting to see how they tie into the next film
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Another great clip

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjewd9KLJJ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wjewd9KLJJ4</a>

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another great clip

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjewd9KLJJ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wjewd9KLJJ4</a>

This looks soooooo good.

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
Ok I have to admit the teasers for Captain America 2 look pretty good.
Still expecting it to be shite though. The first one was, no matter what any one says, utter crap imo.
By far the worst movie in the marvel cinematic world so far. And I also didnt thing he(the actor that plays captain america) was any good in the Avengers movie.
Think he the worst actor out of the leads and that along with a pretty weak story line in the first one stops me from getting excited over this movie.
Will still watch it though...

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Actually enjoyed the first one, which is strange because as someone who isn't particularly into comic books, the idea of "Captain America" sounds unbelievably fucking twee and lame to me. Just full on cheese and cringe and 2nd only to Superman in the massive gobshite status. ... But I dug it. It didn't seem out of sync with the rest of the universe or even particularly considering the dude is called Captain fucking America and wears a giant fucking flag.

Superman on the other hand is fucking shit, and the people who like him are shit. Needs to be taken out back and shot between the ears with a kryptonite shell.

Anyways, seen a few people tweeting that this is Marvel's equivalent to The Dark Knight, so high hopes.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
All early reviews seem to be positive, spoilers all over the Internet now though!

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Captain America 3 rumoured for May 6th 2016 currently the same date as the Batman v Superman movie.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Captain America 3 rumoured for May 6th 2016 currently the same date as the Batman v Superman movie.

There is definitely a Marvel film out on that date, subject to scheduling, and if they are putting it against Batman/Superman it is pretty nailed on to be a sequel, as a 'brand new' film mightn`t have the same draw to an audience. I saw a few reports that it was Capt. America 3 too, but I have also seen mentions it will be Thor 3.

Be interesting though, as Chris Evans has stated he will 'retire' from acting after completion of his 6 film Marvel contract, and after Avengers 2 he will be on 5 appearances...

Spoiler
His brief cameo in Thor 2 is included as an 'appearance', in the same way that Downey Juniors` scene in the Hulk was.
[close]

So potentially another Capt. America film could see 'Fallen Son / Death of...' played out...

Spoiler
with Bucky inheriting the mantle (seeing as Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal with Marvel!)
[close]

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Good Buys Vs. Bad Guys Clip 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqVHNzRtnlY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jqVHNzRtnlY</a>

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
With all these extended clips and trailer footage I'd imagine you could cut them all together and get the majority of the film. Trying to avoid them all now so I can enjoy the film without knowing too much.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/14/fox-looking-to-dump-fantastic-four-director-screenplay-and-recast-six-months-before-they-are-due-to-shoot/

if I remember correctly, the plot synopsis leaked a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't well received online at all. The director said "this isn't what we're doing!" which is a lie he's used before about a previous project, and now this. Read between the lines, its all there, especially when you consider that Fox can't afford to fuck up the F4 again. Madness that they're seemingly going to re-do all their pre-production this late on, I guess someone on a high pay grade must've really shit themselves at the recent poor feedback.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This Fantastic Four film was going to flop as soon as the first details leaked. No one is happy with all the casting, I've not seen what they were going to do story wise, but no one had any confidence in it.

Re-casting, new director, new script? All just before they want to shoot it? Does that ever result in a quality film?

It will flop, Fox will call it a day and Marvel will get the rights back, just in time to set up their own Fantastic Four after Avengers 3 finishes. If they do get it back, and get it right, it could be perfect as they're a team, but in a different style to the Avengers. It would keep the franchise fresh, and the loss of Robert Downey Jr and any other actors who's contracts have stopped is reduced.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
This Fantastic Four film was going to flop as soon as the first details leaked. No one is happy with all the casting, I've not seen what they were going to do story wise, but no one had any confidence in it.
Spoiler
“The Fantastic Four’ will tell the story of two very young friends, Reed Richards and Ben Grimm. After an event transforms the boys, they find themselves empowered with bizarre new abilities. Reed becomes a scientific genius who can stretch, twist and re-shape his body to inhuman proportions. Ben becomes a monstrous, craggy humanoid with orange, rock-like skin and super strength. However, the two end up being owned by the government and used as weapons. But after they mature, two others with powers come into the picture – Sue Storm “The Invisible Girl” and Johnny Storm “The Human Torch.”
[close]

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler
“The Fantastic Four’ will tell the story of two very young friends, Reed Richards and Ben Grimm. After an event transforms the boys, they find themselves empowered with bizarre new abilities. Reed becomes a scientific genius who can stretch, twist and re-shape his body to inhuman proportions. Ben becomes a monstrous, craggy humanoid with orange, rock-like skin and super strength. However, the two end up being owned by the government and used as weapons. But after they mature, two others with powers come into the picture – Sue Storm “The Invisible Girl” and Johnny Storm “The Human Torch.”
[close]

Yeah, can safely say that doesn't change my opinion on it. I get they can't make a straight remake given the first FF film was fairly close to the comic origins, but I don't like it.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh

Re-casting, new director, new script? All just before they want to shoot it? Does that ever result in a quality film?

It will flop, Fox will call it a day and Marvel will get the rights back, just in time to set up their own Fantastic Four after Avengers 3 finishes. If they do get it back, and get it right, it could be perfect as they're a team, but in a different style to the Avengers. It would keep the franchise fresh, and the loss of Robert Downey Jr and any other actors who's contracts have stopped is reduced.

Hope so, but quite frankly I can see Fox continuing to put out rubbish FF movies just to hold onto the rights and ride the hero movie wave.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Avengers: Age of Ultron concept images.

Quicksilver:

Scarlet Witch:

And, Ant-Man pic:

First off, THIS IS HOW YOU DO QUICKSILVER. Its simple, its blue, it looks streamlined. Easy. No fucking leather jackets, no all silver emo hair that looks stupid. Just a great, modern take that is believable. My one gripe is no white/grey hair, but maybe they tried it and it just didnt look right, or he will get the white hair gradually, who knows. Still, its a billion times better than the abomination that is the X-Men Quicksilver.

Scarlet Witch looks fantastic too, sort of an eastern European gypsy look with the beads, necklace and the tatty skirt, I think its fantastic. They can always have her in a more traditional outfit afterwards too, so its a brilliant early glimpse at what they will look like.

Ant-Man pic is from the comic-con footage that was leaked, so not a new one per-se, but still its a proper crisp look at him and I think, again, Marvel have fucking nailed it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Marvel have released the first ten minutes, for those that like that sort of thing.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66585
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?