Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester United (FA Cup) Sunday 17th  (Read 16884 times)

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United (FA Cup) Sunday 17th
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2024, 07:52:25 am »
I think the team picks itself with the exception of whether Konate makes the match and if Klopp goes with Gomez or Robertson.

Not sure it picks itself. I think there is a valid argument that Elliott should start ahead of Szboszlai.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2024, 08:14:50 am »
Any bars In Manchester that everyone is meeting up in?

The Manc Knobhead.

It's a famed Bar in Manchester, famous for it's frequenting by Mancs and Knobheads and also Manc Knobheads.

Every now and then, if you are lucky, you will also find Knobheads who are Mancs.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2024, 08:22:14 am »
Well! I'm awake*1 and Bright*2 and bushy-tailed*3 and ready*4 for the game today against our illustrious*5 opponents*6 and ready*7 for an early start*8

*1 Fuck me, I'm knackered

*2 I may never drink again

*3 Oh noes! It fell off :(

*4 Not ready in any sense of the word

*5 Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ah. Ha ha ha

*6 Wankers

*7 Nope. But. I might have a cheeky pint early on to steady the nerves!

*8 Ah fuck it. Going out now. Up the Mighty Fucking Reds! Stay safe everyone. Have a wonderful day. If you go to the leaky pit of doom, stay stafe and sing your heads off for me. Love you all. Kiss. Kiss. Kiss. Off for a pint. YEEEAAARGGHHH. Wish me luck :D

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mckeown07

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2024, 08:37:59 am »
The Manc Knobhead.

It's a famed Bar in Manchester, famous for it's frequenting by Mancs and Knobheads and also Manc Knobheads.

Every now and then, if you are lucky, you will also find Knobheads who are Mancs.

Thanks ya dildo!
A mate is flying over by himself from Ireland that’s the reason I’m asking.
Your a gentleman.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2024, 08:41:45 am »
I think this will be tighter than a lot of people expect and we shouldn’t pressure the lads by saying we will win easy. 6-1 to the mighty Liverpool! Come on reds, get into these early on and they’ll shit themselves!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2024, 08:44:16 am »

More than welcome. For more exciting Manc news today see 'The Manc urgghh!' and the unfailing and enduring 'Manc wobble bellend'

Both fine establishments.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2024, 08:45:13 am »
I think this will be tighter than a lot of people expect and we shouldn’t pressure the lads by saying we will win easy. 6-1 to the mighty Liverpool! Come on reds, get into these early on and they’ll shit themselves!

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2024, 09:07:11 am »
Well! I'm awake*1 and Bright*2 and bushy-tailed*3 and ready*4 for the game today against our illustrious*5 opponents*6 and ready*7 for an early start*8

*1 Fuck me, I'm knackered

*2 I may never drink again

*3 Oh noes! It fell off :(

*4 Not ready in any sense of the word

*5 Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ah. Ha ha ha

*6 Wankers

*7 Nope. But. I might have a cheeky pint early on to steady the nerves!

*8 Ah fuck it. Going out now. Up the Mighty Fucking Reds! Stay safe everyone. Have a wonderful day. If you go to the leaky pit of doom, stay stafe and sing your heads off for me. Love you all. Kiss. Kiss. Kiss. Off for a pint. YEEEAAARGGHHH. Wish me luck :D
You, sir, are a nutcase :-).  Have a magical day.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2024, 09:13:33 am »
Early goal will be key here these Utd players give up way to easy longer it stays 0-0 will end up being a scrappy game and they could be dangerous on the counter. Let’s just Sparta Prague them 4-0 in 10 minutes job done !
150 IQ never wrong.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2024, 09:37:03 am »
The Manc Knobhead.

Rumour has it Tierney has a loyalty card with his own booth.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2024, 09:47:01 am »
Not sure it picks itself. I think there is a valid argument that Elliott should start ahead of Szboszlai.

Elliott has a lot of minutes in his legs.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2024, 09:49:27 am »
The Manc Knobhead.

Is that Mick Hucknall’s place?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2024, 10:08:15 am »
Really looking forward to this. It doesn’t feel as pressured as PL matches so hopefully that allows us to play our game and be brave.

Revenge is a shit word in football but on another day, we win at Anfield quite easily but didn’t get the deserved break.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2024, 10:10:23 am »
Really looking forward to this. It doesn’t feel as pressured as PL matches so hopefully that allows us to play our game and be brave.

Revenge is a shit word in football but on another day, we win at Anfield quite easily but didn’t get the deserved break.

To be fair if you were going to go down the revenge route I’d be looking at 1996 and 1999 rather than a 0-0 a few months ago:

Still not over either of those results.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2024, 10:13:01 am »
I’m watching with my Utd supporting mates. I’m hoping for a giddy 0-0 at half time before we blow them away in the second half.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2024, 10:28:07 am »
Not really nervous about today for some reason, we’re better team and that will show.

Think I’ll be far more nervous for league game.

I’d go Elliott over Dom, with Endo & Mac.

Front 3 picks itself and either Robbo or Gomez at LB, would go Gomez.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2024, 10:31:51 am »
Get these twatted. Think I'd prefer City in the semi too, bit awkward after a Europa game but they have Real Madrid whereas for the final they get a free midweek and we'd be exhausted after title celebrations on the sunday then Europa final and celebrations on the wednesday. Better for the final to be a stroll v Chelsea or someone.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2024, 10:36:08 am »
Any bars In Manchester that everyone is meeting up in?

Try this place for some working class solidarity, an organic wine and Lancashire cheese with homemade sour blackberry chutney

https://phm.org.uk/open-kitchen-cafe-and-bar/
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2024, 10:39:14 am »
I’m watching with my Utd supporting mates. I’m hoping for a giddy 0-0 at half time before we blow them away in the second half.

The half time thread alone .....
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2024, 10:57:59 am »
To be fair if you were going to go down the revenge route I’d be looking at 1996 and 1999 rather than a 0-0 a few months ago:

Still not over either of those results.

1996 was a shocking experience at Wembley.

1999 felt like the final nail in the coffin in terms of United getting away from us. I don’t even mean them winning the treble. Just the 2 goals injury time after our captain asking to be subbed with a slight knock
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2024, 11:00:29 am »
I think the team picks itself with the exception of whether Konate makes the match and if Klopp goes with Gomez or Robertson.

I’m not sure on that. Think there’s a few decisions at centre back and both full back positions. 3rd midfielder is also open for debate. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Gakpo start and Salah/Nunez on the bench.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2024, 11:05:12 am »
Can I just shock regular readers of this column... totally chill whatever the team is
Normally you'd make an argument that progressing here is damaging for the league, which it is, but the draw makes that redundant - vs United is a game our club always has to fly into

Only hope is that Elliot starts - he deserves to own the jersey now and others have to try and take it off him, he's been out best AM in the second half of the season

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2024, 11:06:03 am »
I’m not sure on that. Think there’s a few decisions at centre back and both full back positions. 3rd midfielder is also open for debate. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Gakpo start and Salah/Nunez on the bench.

He's been going strong recently, I think he will go strong again I just can't see Nunez and Salah on the bench.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2024, 11:16:05 am »
Just hope the ref does the decent thing and goes in the dressing room before the game to give us his definition of the rules. He could also describe to us the types of goals he feels deserve to decide the game.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2024, 11:17:34 am »
Just hope the ref does the decent thing and goes in the dressing room before the game to give us his definition of the rules. He could also describe to us the types of goals he feels deserve to decide the game.
Yeah, we need to know if a bit of Kung Fu is allowed.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2024, 11:24:48 am »
Whatever other teams may think, this is it. This is the true rivalry. Let's batter them
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2024, 11:53:17 am »
I was cautious going into the Anfield league game, which was borne out, but I am bullish today. I don't think we're going to see anything silly like 0-5 but I think it will be a comfortable 2-3 goal win for us.

The team DOES pick itself - to me the single only questionmark is RCB. If Konate was fit then it would be him, but assuming he isn't then IMO it's a toss-up between Gomez and Qanseh.

Kelleher

Bradley   Quanseh/Gomez VVD   Robbo

Szobo        Endo         Mac

Salah       Nunez       Diaz

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2024, 12:04:25 pm »
Kelleher, Gomez, Quansah, Virgil, Robbo, Szoboszlai, Endo, Macca, Salah, Nunez, Diaz

Think that will be the side.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2024, 12:09:52 pm »
A win would be also good to send them into melt down ahead of our league game with them

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2024, 12:09:58 pm »
Kelleher, Gomez, Quansah, Virgil, Robbo, Szoboszlai, Endo, Macca, Salah, Nunez, Diaz

Think that will be the side.

Given that’s what the team leaker said it’s probably correct.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2024, 12:11:48 pm »
Can I just shock regular readers of this column... totally chill whatever the team is
Normally you'd make an argument that progressing here is damaging for the league, which it is, but the draw makes that redundant - vs United is a game our club always has to fly into

Only hope is that Elliot starts - he deserves to own the jersey now and others have to try and take it off him, he's been out best AM in the second half of the season

same here. he has been constantly available when our midfield injuries hit.

does anyone still view him kind of a super sub squad player or trust him enough to create an impact from the start?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2024, 12:15:14 pm »

Haha! I hadn’t said that or even checked

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2024, 12:15:53 pm »

;D

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2024, 12:19:13 pm »
Has it been pissing down up there ?

Got the feeling it’s going to be a mad match.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2024, 12:22:02 pm »
https://twitter.com/CBF_Futebol/status/1769144924002234832

Casemiro is injured. They might play Amrabat🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hope so, Casemiro would try and kick anything that moves but obviously he's still far better than Amrabat who looks Championship quality (goes to show once more that international football is practically another sport). Surely United's midfield is a big worry. Once again I feel like all we need is Endo/Mac Allister to turn up and the rest will take care of itself.

If this was at Anfield I reckon it'd have the potential to be four or five again. I know many said that in December as well but we're playing much better football now and I think there'd be less pressure to get that first goal as there would be in a league match. It should also give us an idea of what to expect when we go there in the league soon enough. I am always a bit nervous about playing them away but we should really have too much for them. Feels like we've not seen Salah/Nunez/Diaz in ages so if that clicks again today a lot of teams are going to be in trouble before the end of the season.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2024, 12:25:17 pm »

Wasn't he wrong with one of the teams?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2024, 12:30:59 pm »
Fuckin arseholed already . 
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2024, 12:46:26 pm »
 If their midfield 2 is really amarabat and mainoo I think we’ll score 3+

Mainoo is the most over hyped, over rated player in the last 5 years … he might turn into a player but right now he’s a total liability at this level
And amarabat was never at this level

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2024, 12:50:52 pm »
If their midfield 2 is really amarabat and mainoo I think we’ll score 3+

Mainoo is the most over hyped, over rated player in the last 5 years … he might turn into a player but right now he’s a total liability at this level
And amarabat was never at this level

Won’t he play McTominey ?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2024, 12:51:32 pm »
Wasn't he wrong with one of the teams?

I have no idea, I only found out about him few games ago so not much of a sample size.

Haha! I hadn’t said that or even checked

Or your real name is Scotty and you’re in disguise!  :shocked
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A