Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch  (Read 152735 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch
« Reply #200 on: September 4, 2023, 03:34:42 pm »
Finally a good Dutch player  ;D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 4, 2023, 04:00:40 pm »
What a guy

Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal
·
1m
Gravenberch staying on Merseyside to "focus on his new club"

#LFC

Lovely stuff, a green flag , no panic shelf at aldi kind of fella.
No time for caution.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 4, 2023, 04:05:59 pm »
 ;D

Ooh he ain't happy.

Michael Reiziger on Gravenberch:

“I don’t like his choice to stay at Liverpool & I have told him this. If you can join the national team, you do this with your heart, and don’t think about yourself.”

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 4, 2023, 04:11:17 pm »
Blue Ron now.  :wanker

Koeman: "We are not happy with Ryan Gravenberch refusing to play for his country."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: September 4, 2023, 04:11:54 pm »
;D

Ooh he ain't happy.

It's the U21s. Who gives a shit. They shouldn't be calling him up anyway.

Koeman: "I believe you are obliged to play for your country".

Also: "Koeman quits Netherlands to coach Barcelona".
« Last Edit: September 4, 2023, 04:14:19 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #205 on: September 4, 2023, 04:12:14 pm »
Think their U21s will cope just fine without him.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 4, 2023, 04:13:51 pm »
Retire from international football Ryan lad. You know it makes sense.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 4, 2023, 04:15:49 pm »
I wonder did these clowns say anything when he was picking out splinters from his arse sitting on the bench of Bayern Munich?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 4, 2023, 04:21:39 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 4, 2023, 04:27:57 pm »

Noice!

Two weeks training with most of his new team mates. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #210 on: September 4, 2023, 04:33:18 pm »
;D

Ooh he ain't happy.

It’s incredible how people can look for a negative in everything.
He’s 21, he’s just moved to a new club after spending over a year getting very few chances, they should be supportive of this - as long term it surely benefits the dutch team.  They can cope for one international break without one player. Talk about an unecessary bitchfest about what is a sensible decision. Making drama for no reason other than to shitstir in the press.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #211 on: September 4, 2023, 04:36:40 pm »
He’s 21, he’s just moved to a new club after spending over a year getting very few chances, they should be supportive of this - as long term it surely benefits the dutch team.  They can cope for one international break without one player. Talk about an unecessary bitchfest about what is a sensible decision. Making drama for no reason other than to shitstir in the press.

It's just part of the way everything has to be absolutist these days. There seems little room for considered, thoughtful reactions that take context and other factors into account. A lot of it is driven by 'optics' a notion so dumb it was clearly devised by someone who had been at the other type of optics.

Hmm, does that sound a bit absolutist?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #212 on: September 4, 2023, 04:44:05 pm »
Noice!

Two weeks training with most of his new team mates. 

Won’t most of his teammates be on international duty?

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 4, 2023, 04:51:04 pm »
Finally a good Dutch player  ;D

Good one Robbo  ;D

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #214 on: September 4, 2023, 04:55:43 pm »

Fat fucking nonce

(him, not you  ;D)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 4, 2023, 04:58:57 pm »

The same Koeman who fucked Netherlands off for Barca.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 4, 2023, 05:05:37 pm »
Well in Ryan - one weekend in and he's caused an international incident. Love him already

National FAs - every single one - can all get to absolute fuck. I'll never understand the masochism from footballers as a whole, with the collectivism available to them with their unions, that they still in 2023 tolerate being lorded over by a bunch of old men in suits who never played football.

They're throwing their toys out the pram over not having a substitute available for their Championship level group games (despite dropping him for shite at the world cup) - no sign of compassion from any of his managers (former players too) for him having just arrived in a new city for a new job.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 4, 2023, 05:07:35 pm »
Won’t most of his teammates be on international duty?

I know our team is good, but there must be still a few lads knocking around the place! ;D

No need for pressure on the young lad though, it's pointless.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 4, 2023, 05:29:43 pm »

Especially as it *isn't* the Dutch national team that he has pulled out of, but the freaking Under 21s.  I'd have agreed if they called him up for the main squad, but he is already one of the oldest players who was called up - and he isn't going to learn anything playing up against and with younger players, and will not be able to play with them soon.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 4, 2023, 05:30:31 pm »
Especially as it *isn't* the Dutch national team that he has pulled out of, but the freaking Under 21s.  I'd have agreed if they called him up for the main squad, but he is already one of the oldest players who was called up - and he isn't going to learn anything playing up against and with younger players, and will not be able to play with them soon.
Im pretty sure he eligible for the u21 Euros in 2025, Same with Harvey Elliott

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 4, 2023, 05:32:31 pm »
Nice watch, was nervous just watching him have to go around and settle in. Like first day at a new school when everyone else already knows each other.

Sure he'll feel like he's at home in no time though!
nice to see him go and introduce himself to the ladies at the other table as well.  nice lad.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 4, 2023, 05:32:49 pm »
He will be 23 at that time!  How on *earth* can someone 2 years older than 21 be eligible for an Under 21s tournament!  Absolutely mental if true

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 4, 2023, 05:39:42 pm »
"On 6 February 2018, Koeman was appointed manager of the Netherlands national team on a four-and-half-year contract up to and including the 2022 FIFA World Cup. [...]
On 19 August 2020, Koeman left the national team to become manager of Barcelona."

Hypocrite, much?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 4, 2023, 05:44:45 pm »
He will be 23 at that time!  How on *earth* can someone 2 years older than 21 be eligible for an Under 21s tournament!  Absolutely mental if true
Because it about turning 21 before the start of 2023 year not being 21 at the time, it so you play in qualifiers and the tournament then

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #224 on: September 4, 2023, 05:50:13 pm »

Milner played in the u21 Euros when he was 23. Which seemed weirdly on-brand for him even at the time, really started the old man shtick early.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 4, 2023, 05:51:35 pm »
Because it about turning 21 before the start of 2023 year not being 21 at the time, it so you play in qualifiers and the tournament then

Ok - it is still absolutely stupid!  Especially as by the age of 23, 95% of players who are destined for the top should be better than starting piddling U21 games.  If the idea is that they should be able to play all the games - then make it genuinely under the age of 21 at the start of qualifying (or even better under 20) - qualifying matches have barely started and players are already 21! 

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 4, 2023, 06:10:18 pm »
I wonder did these clowns say anything when he was picking out splinters from his arse sitting on the bench of Bayern Munich?

I'm sure if Jurgen turns him into a world class player they'll be quite happy to have him in the national team.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 4, 2023, 06:31:33 pm »
I don’t know I guys I think the Dutchies might have a point, I’m sure it would be much more beneficial for Ryan to go and learn what it’s like to go and play against some true powerhouses.

You can only really begin to judge a player when they go up against the might of the Moldova and North Macedonia U21’s.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2023, 06:35:21 pm by Rosario »

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #228 on: September 4, 2023, 06:48:42 pm »
I don’t know I guys I think the Dutchies might have a point, I’m sure it would be much more beneficial for Ryan to go and learn what it’s like to go and play against some true powerhouses.

You can only really begin to judge a player when they go up against the might of the Moldova and North Macedonia U21’s.

Pass to the Dutchie on the left hand side.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 4, 2023, 06:51:13 pm »
The Dutch are just absolute bellends towards their players. Virgil and Gakpo have both been torn to shreds by them in the last year. They're talking about a player who left Bayern Munich to get more game time, and has chosen to spend the two weeks getting up to speed with his new club. That's a great mentality if you ask me. Weirdos.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 4, 2023, 07:01:48 pm »
Signing day video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Uho2aV36zqc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Uho2aV36zqc</a>

The canteen lady asking him his name was brilliant  ;D

Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 4, 2023, 07:04:37 pm »
Ok - it is still absolutely stupid!  Especially as by the age of 23, 95% of players who are destined for the top should be better than starting piddling U21 games.  If the idea is that they should be able to play all the games - then make it genuinely under the age of 21 at the start of qualifying (or even better under 20) - qualifying matches have barely started and players are already 21!
Those Euro tournaments are part of being Olympic qualifiers which is u23, I think one of the years is. Most of the england u21 team avg age was like 22.
It just the norm for this.
Gravenberch has played for the senior team 11 times before that where more of his future lays inside of the u21

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #232 on: September 4, 2023, 08:39:39 pm »
I like him already. Fuck international football.

They can complain all they want, but if he's doing well for us then they'll call him up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 4, 2023, 08:40:29 pm »
Eat a dick Koeman. In fact, eat two!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #234 on: September 4, 2023, 08:46:50 pm »

It is stupid. Most players in that under 21 tournament have been playing first team football all season and then get packed off for the summer to play there. Kone then picks up an injury which arguably costs him a big move this summer.

I don't get the point of 'under 21' competitions unless everyone is genuinely UNDER 21 anyway. The last youth age should be under 19s or maybe under 20. Once players turn 21 (or are capped by the senior side) why are they even playing youth football?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 4, 2023, 09:21:52 pm »
Van Basten sticking his beak in now.

Marco van Basten: "Gravenberch refusing the U21 National Team? It's unacceptable. I can understand his reasons, but you just can't do this. It's inappropriate towards Dutch Football, towards the Dutch squad."

Just waiting for the ghost of Rinus Michels, ghost of Johan Cruyff, Ruud Gullit, Johan Neeskens and Frank Rijkaard and my mate Shark to have their say now.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2023, 09:23:50 pm by Samie »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #236 on: September 4, 2023, 09:23:01 pm »
Hahaha all these dutch twats sticking their nose into it.

Fuck off you fossils. 

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 4, 2023, 09:25:46 pm »

Yeah, he's just joined a few days ago, it makes sense if he wants to acclimatise and get up to speed as soon as possible. Like you say, it's more likely to be beneficial for everyone, including the Dutch.

Good man Ryan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #238 on: September 4, 2023, 09:26:35 pm »
I reckon Kuyt will stick up for him

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 4, 2023, 09:26:51 pm »
Van Basten sticking his beak in now.

Just waiting for the ghost of Rinus Michels, ghost of Johan Cruyff, Ruud Gullit, Johan Neeskens and Frank Rijkaard and my mate Shark to have their say now.

If Sharkman and Sonny Silooy start moaning about it, I'll be very disappointed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.