Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 102345 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Jarrell Quansah
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2023, 02:50:54 am »
He's an academy player, went on loan last year to Bristol Rovers (managed by Joey Barton) and did very well, played in pre season and didn't look out of place

Not what Rovers fans were saying. Not that it matters. He’s with better players and coaches here obviously! And hopefully can put in some good performance.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2023, 04:04:47 am »
Fewer mitstakes than Billy...much faster and stronger than Rhys and Sepp.

In fairness to Sepp, he looks good too. He just had a bad injury last year.

Yeah, real shame about Sepp's injury, everything I've seen and heard about his Preston loan sounds very promising. Just the kind of profile we could use - 6-foot-4, pretty quick, can play CB or RB. It'd be interesting to know whether Sepp and Jarrell are part of the reason we haven't loaded up on defenders this window. It'd make a refreshing change from the mingebag narrative.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2023, 08:17:31 am »
As a completely geeky aside, he's the first player whose name begins with a Q to play for Liverpool and thus completes the 'set' that someone with a name beginning with every letter of the alphabet has played for the first team. OK - as you were...

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2023, 08:47:01 am »
Could it be that Quansah is why the Club did not sign a CB yet this window? I hope he will prove good enough as we havent had a CB come through from the youth set up into the first team set up since Gomez.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2023, 08:56:34 am »
Watched Quansah since he was with the U18’s. Definitely a better prospect than Rhys Williams in my opinion. Has a very good size now (noticed that he is almost as tall as Jurgen) and is quick enough. This season should be his first team bed in season, play in the early rounds of Europa, Carling and FA Cups and the odd league games here and there. Good enough to be a squad player but we should get another centreback in to be sound
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2023, 09:38:59 am »
Jarrell was part of the England u19s team that won the Euros last summer and was part of the u20s that qualified for the WC finals this summer.

He's done well and hopefully will keep improving and gaining lots of experience in the 1st team.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2023, 09:39:50 am »
Like a new signing.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2023, 09:42:01 am »
As a completely geeky aside, he's the first player whose name begins with a Q to play for Liverpool and thus completes the 'set' that someone with a name beginning with every letter of the alphabet has played for the first team. OK - as you were...
;D
Are you still updating that LFC history DVD you had years ago mate?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2023, 09:53:02 am »
Not what Rovers fans were saying. Not that it matters. He’s with better players and coaches here obviously! And hopefully can put in some good performance.

He was highly thought of by most of the fans (none of us really care what barton thinks).  He looked rash at times and there were a few heart in mouths moments early on (his debut was just hilariously bad for all number of reasons) but he was normally fast enough and strong enough to recover.  League One is a really physical league, full of journeymen who try and bully younger players, it's why I'm personally an advocate of players going there on loan for at least a season, it's invaluable experience, he probably learnt plenty regarding his comical sending off, that was essentially an old pro winding him up and it worked.  He was Bristol Rovers best defender, but I guess that's like calling someone the tallest dwarf, our defense was shocking before he got there, slightly better with him, and not so great again now.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2023, 09:56:45 am »

What about our Aussie Harry Quell?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2023, 10:30:36 am »

Well, what were they saying?
Was quite an impressive debut for the youngster.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2023, 11:25:04 am »
;D
Are you still updating that LFC history DVD you had years ago mate?

I'm still updating the excel spreadsheet of Liverpool stats, although I haven't got round to starting this season yet. I'm such a Geek!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2023, 12:26:21 pm »
Watched Quansah since he was with the U18’s. Definitely a better prospect than Rhys Williams in my opinion. Has a very good size now (noticed that he is almost as tall as Jurgen) and is quick enough. This season should be his first team bed in season, play in the early rounds of Europa, Carling and FA Cups and the odd league games here and there. Good enough to be a squad player but we should get another centreback in to be sound

Remember when Trent rocked up in the first team and everyone said he looked like he might get a few games.
Ended up a regular within weeks.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2023, 12:27:50 pm »
I'm still updating the excel spreadsheet of Liverpool stats, although I haven't got round to starting this season yet. I'm such a Geek!
NERDS!!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2023, 12:38:04 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2023, 12:50:56 pm »
Well, what were they saying?
Was quite an impressive debut for the youngster.

I live in Bristol and go to quite a few Rovers games - I thought he looked a top prospect and whilst there were a few errors here and there, which is totally normal for a young loanee, he was in general excellent and everyone I go to the match with would have had him back in heartbeat this season.

His distribution is also great, and he was regularly pinging ‘Van Dijk’ diagonals from back to front, which isn’t often a feature of League One football!

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2023, 04:02:40 pm »
Remember when Trent rocked up in the first team and everyone said he looked like he might get a few games.
It is much harder to get games at Centerback at his age then another outfield position considering the how much mistakes at that position get magnified.
Teams dont rotate or sub Centerbacks much too so it hard to get the experience. I know trent was when it was 3 subs but it was still him at 18 rotating games at RB a good amount with Gomez(who then moved to CB)

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2023, 04:16:33 pm »
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2023, 04:21:03 pm »
It is much harder to get games at Centerback at his age then another outfield position considering the how much mistakes at that position get magnified.
Teams dont rotate or sub Centerbacks much too so it hard to get the experience. I know trent was when it was 3 subs but it was still him at 18 rotating games at RB a good amount with Gomez(who then moved to CB)

And wasn’t Gomez eased into the team as a left back when he first arrived?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2023, 05:20:04 pm »
And wasn’t Gomez eased into the team as a left back when he first arrived?
Yea He played position in the back line. I wont want to see Quansah at Full back, so makes it possibly harder to find playing time too

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2023, 06:19:03 pm »

That’s probably accentuated by the injury to Clyne. Otherwise Trent would have been bedded in slowly. And it’s right back as opposed to centre back. Having said that, I will be more than happy if Quansah progresses quicker than expected
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2023, 06:40:26 pm »
There is enough games in the Europa League group stages, League and FA Cup, for him to develop. Hopefully we won't need to use him in the league.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2023, 11:39:40 pm »
I live in Bristol and go to quite a few Rovers games - I thought he looked a top prospect and whilst there were a few errors here and there, which is totally normal for a young loanee, he was in general excellent and everyone I go to the match with would have had him back in heartbeat this season.

His distribution is also great, and he was regularly pinging ‘Van Dijk’ diagonals from back to front, which isn’t often a feature of League One football!

Sounds quite promising then! Honestly,  first time I heard of him was during this past summer in the exhibition games. Looked quite promising but then again, I've thought the same of a few of our youngsters over the last decade or so, and the one I was on the fence about ended up our rightback for the past 4 years and foreseeable future ;D

He might have a chance to show his qualities and I'm eager to see what level he can consistently play at this stage of his career.

Appreciate the inside info :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2023, 11:52:37 pm »
I hope he plays regularly in the Europa League. I think he definitely has the potential to be a first team player but needs to be bedded in first.
#JFT97

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2023, 10:53:57 am »
Probably the best Jarrell to have ever played for us?

Did we not try and sign Superman's dad once on a free?  ;)

fc

Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2023, 11:03:39 am »
It was more to do with the roughness of the league than Quansah's ability though
https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/21040/quansah-new-clarke-salter

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2023, 12:15:04 pm »
I hope he plays regularly in the Europa League. I think he definitely has the potential to be a first team player but needs to be bedded in first.

Depends on how many other changes he wants to make IMO. Say for arguments sake he picked a side where 7/8 regulars from the league matches played (and I'd be amazed if he did that) I think it's much easier to bring the likes of Quansah, Doak, Bradley etc. Even in the groups though it's going to have to be more than a League Cup side we'd see against lower league opposition, we'll be playing some decent sides. I think Doak and Bradley are two youngsters who will actually start/play in the group games, but I'd still be weary of too many changes. Ideally we win the first three games and then we can basically give anyone a game.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2023, 04:32:11 pm »
What is a nerd?

Nerdterp?

(How awesome is that I have seat on this flight with no one in my row)

Online Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2023, 09:42:20 pm »
https://theathletic.com/4811776/2023/08/29/jarell-quansah-liverpool-prospect/?source=twitteruk&access_token=2829609&redirected=1

Sounds like we've got a talent here.

With the current situation regarding VVD & Konate, the lad could make a claim for himself over the next few games. Seems to have bags of potential.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2023, 10:28:27 pm »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2023, 02:15:09 am »
Probably the best Jarrell to have ever played for us?
Just wait till he has a son, he'll be super, man!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2023, 02:17:12 am »
It's probably for this reason alone that we ever bought Abel Xavier and Christian Ziege. #thinkingahead
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2023, 02:21:37 am »
I get there was an element of "needs must" to bringing him on, but the obvious trust and faith that Klopp showed in him brining him on in that game, in that environment, speaks volumes.  The comparison the way Klopp brought TAA into the fold is certainly apt at this early stage.  Let's hope it has a similar outcome for the lad.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2023, 02:24:46 am »
Didn't he play a couple of really nice, between the lines type passes? One of which led to Darwin's first?
We are Liverpool!

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2023, 02:25:58 am »
One of the things I remember most about Trent coming through is that most people (those who didn't watch the Academy games) were expecting Ben Woodburn and maybe one or two others to be the breakthrough players that year and so Trent seemed to appear out of nowhere. Next thing you know he was a regular.

Not saying the same will happen here, but imagine...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2023, 02:34:37 am »
Didn't he play a couple of really nice, between the lines type passes? One of which led to Darwin's first?
He did but the one for Darwin's first was a Trent pass who was at CB at that point.
The Athletic article posted in here highlighted his passing too.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2023, 04:20:42 am »
Yeah he did some nice passes. Defensively I felt he wasn't tight enough at times which allowed Newcastle players to get shots off too easily. Also had an ill advised sliding tackle that allowed them to cut through us, but later did a nice jockey on Wilson. Looks promising but also plenty to work on.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2023, 06:09:41 pm »
Are there any clips of him from the match?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2023, 11:13:18 am »
Klopp sees him in training very day, and the fact that we're not getting another CB says something.