Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3130520 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #30200 on: June 14, 2022, 12:06:16 pm »
i wonder could Isaac Mabaya progress to the 1st team. Very quick and can play at full back and in midfield

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30201 on: June 14, 2022, 12:08:42 pm »
United being linked to Vitinha today. Record Portugal say he has a €40m release clause and a prem side are going to activate it.

Wonder if we go for him, there were some tentative links a few weeks ago

Don’t we have first refusal on him? Or is that someone else.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30202 on: June 14, 2022, 12:10:47 pm »
I highly doubt we'll stop after Nunez. Given that he's our 'replacement' for Mane, that would suggest we had no plans to strengthen the squad this summer. Carvalho and Ramsay will be decent squad options and have a handful of appearances, but I'm pretty sure we will make another signing.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30203 on: June 14, 2022, 12:10:47 pm »
Liverpool are looking at signing Jobe Bellingham in September as well as trying to hijack a deal for Alejandro Garnacho (already negotiating extension with United), but face a lot of competition.

Two very highly rated youngsters

https://twitter.com/DHardayal/status/1536645376941383681

Announce Jobe, loan him back to Birmingham for another season to get Championship experience, then give him a loan to Dortmund the year after before he comes back here and bosses it.

Oh, and announce Jude for next summer.

Seriously though, is anybody familiar with Jobe? I have no idea about him, is he a midfielder like his brother or a forward/defender?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30204 on: June 14, 2022, 12:10:48 pm »
Liverpool are looking at signing Jobe Bellingham in September as well as trying to hijack a deal for Alejandro Garnacho (already negotiating extension with United), but face a lot of competition.

Two very highly rated youngsters

https://twitter.com/DHardayal/status/1536645376941383681

Who is Dinesh and how reliable is he?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30205 on: June 14, 2022, 12:10:57 pm »

I remember a story did the rounds but think a Portugese paper denied that was true

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30206 on: June 14, 2022, 12:11:25 pm »

That was supposedly Vieira

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30207 on: June 14, 2022, 12:12:39 pm »
Nunez has scored every penalty he's taken which is a nice little bonus too given Milner won't play much, Mo might be gone in a year. Be nice to have another ultra reliable taker along with Fab.

Meant to aask the other day if he'd missed any. Great stat. Took some great eys on the keeper til last second penalties last season and a couple of nice ones for Almeria on highlights, but obviously they wouldn't show a missed one on a highlight.

So someone else to help compete with Fabinho (and Milner if on), also potential Salah replacement

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #30208 on: June 14, 2022, 12:15:20 pm »
If you have to find someone on loan, perhaps.

How likely is it that you can find a player available for loan that has the attributes you desire and the quality needed to play in 1 of the current 3 best teams in World football?

I’d like us to get a midfielder. The pursuit of Tchouameni almost confirms that the club does too. What we also know is that the club will only go after players they really want. Sometimes that’ll be 1 specific player (Alisson, VvD). Other times they’ll be going for 1 player out of a small pool of identified targets (Salah, Mane as examples). What we don’t know is whether Tchouameni was a unicorn type player we’d identified or was one from a small pool of midfield targets.

What we do know is that the club are happy to wait to get the right target, at the right price. The biggest example of that is Konate. Not buying a centre back for +15M in January 21 but waiting for Konate and his release clause in the summer was the prime recent example that the club/Klopp will put long term gain over short term pain. Virgil, playing Milner at left back for a season, there’s other example if you go back further.

I’m sure the club want a midfielder. But it needs to be the right player, at the right price. That’s why I wouldn’t want to guess either way if we’ll sign a CM this summer or not.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30209 on: June 14, 2022, 12:16:15 pm »
I highly doubt we'll stop after Nunez. Given that he's our 'replacement' for Mane, that would suggest we had no plans to strengthen the squad this summer. Carvalho and Ramsay will be decent squad options and have a handful of appearances, but I'm pretty sure we will make another signing.

Diaz was a planned summer signing don't forget. That's not to say we won't sign another, but four players in one window while losing one regular is normal for us.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30210 on: June 14, 2022, 12:17:07 pm »
Matheus Nunes' price tag is between €40-45m.

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2022-06-07/derbi-de-manchester-por-matheus-nunes-o-preco-definido-pelos-leoes/944454
I'd pull the trigger on that. Not a huge fee in this day and age and outgoings would most likely cover the cost.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30211 on: June 14, 2022, 12:20:40 pm »
It was very positive indeed - he seems to be a real 'all rounder' decathlete type specimen. Faster than Salah, strength like Div or Torres (and aggressive in using it), stamina and lactate testing numbers like Milner. The only question mark is how he develops in the build up side of things really, although as Mr D outlined yesterday, Mane gave the ball away more last season than Nunez did.

Seems mad to imagine he could be a top fiver in endurance as claimed, in the lactate tests. Would absolutely love if it turns out to be true, but just doesn't sound right in a squad with Milner, Robertson, Mo, Sadio - as I write this I realise I don't have a fifth potential person. Maybe Hendo. Probably missing someone!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30212 on: June 14, 2022, 12:23:31 pm »

Diaz was a planned summer signing that was brought forward to January.  So, we did have plans to strengthen in the summer.  Also, Carvalho and Ramsey would also be strengthening the side even though they are relatively cheap buys. 

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30213 on: June 14, 2022, 12:24:14 pm »
Matheus Nunes' price tag is between €40-45m.

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2022-06-07/derbi-de-manchester-por-matheus-nunes-o-preco-definido-pelos-leoes/944454

Wasn't he close to joining Everton last summer? I seem to remember they were going to sign a young Sporting midfielder but it fell through. Might have been him.

Certainly a lot of exciting players in Portugal right now.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #30214 on: June 14, 2022, 12:34:49 pm »
Is Marko Grujic not returning from loan? He's the future.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #30215 on: June 14, 2022, 12:41:56 pm »
Announce Jobe, loan him back to Birmingham for another season to get Championship experience, then give him a loan to Dortmund the year after before he comes back here and bosses it.

Oh, and announce Jude for next summer.

Seriously though, is anybody familiar with Jobe? I have no idea about him, is he a midfielder like his brother or a forward/defender?

From what I've watched of Jobe he's a very languid player; almost asleep on the football in how relaxed he seems to play the game. He's got a frame that he needs to grow into which is normal but he's got great close control and a lovely eye for a pass.

Of course he's not 17 until September I believe, so very very young still. But a lot of potential there.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #30216 on: June 14, 2022, 12:44:49 pm »
From what I've watched of Jobe he's a very languid player; almost asleep on the football in how relaxed he seems to play the game. He's got a frame that he needs to grow into which is normal but he's got great close control and a lovely eye for a pass.

Of course he's not 17 until September I believe, so very very young still. But a lot of potential there.

Yeah I thought the same after some customary YouTube scouting.  Doesn't look to have any urgency in his game, which might be at odds with how Klopp likes things to go, but there's definitely talent there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #30217 on: June 14, 2022, 12:46:09 pm »
Yeah I thought the same after some customary YouTube scouting.  Doesn't look to have any urgency in his game, which might be at odds with how Klopp likes things to go, but there's definitely talent there.

Zidane had a similar style, so obviously we're signing the next Zidane. Sorted :D

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30218 on: June 14, 2022, 12:47:11 pm »
United being linked to Vitinha today. Record Portugal say he has a €40m release clause and a prem side are going to activate it.

Wonder if we go for him, there were some tentative links a few weeks ago

I like him, him or Vieira would be great buys for us I think.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30219 on: June 14, 2022, 12:49:52 pm »
Can't remember seeing much of Vitinha at Wolves. Wasn't their option to buy almost half of what's being quoted now?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30220 on: June 14, 2022, 12:55:16 pm »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30221 on: June 14, 2022, 12:55:30 pm »
I attended a jubilee street party and found out that one of my neighbours' son who was there is a coach for the Birmingham U-18's. I totally forgot to ask him if Jobe Bellingham is any good.

Maybe in 10 years time when we have another jubilee party Ill find out and report back.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 01:09:51 pm by killer-heels »

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #30222 on: June 14, 2022, 01:06:09 pm »
Why aren't we for Bissouma is it because of his attitude or something ? £25 mill for him seems like a steal

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30223 on: June 14, 2022, 01:06:13 pm »
Wasn't he close to joining Everton last summer? I seem to remember they were going to sign a young Sporting midfielder but it fell through. Might have been him.

Certainly a lot of exciting players in Portugal right now.
Not sure but they were definitely in for Díaz last season.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30224 on: June 14, 2022, 01:08:32 pm »
Why aren't we for Bissouma is it because of his attitude or something ? £25 mill for him seems like a steal

Legal difficulties more likely. If what he is accused of is true then its much much worse than a bad attitude.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #30225 on: June 14, 2022, 01:08:37 pm »

Was arrested in a nightclub a while back but no one seems to know how that ended.  Also has a couple of fines for speeding, seems like a bit of a twat.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30226 on: June 14, 2022, 01:08:55 pm »

Agreed. He never rushes, always waits for the right moment, shows a lot of patience.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30227 on: June 14, 2022, 01:09:01 pm »

I think Spurs have taken advantage/risk of the fact there's a sexual assault accusation against him hence the reduced price.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #30228 on: June 14, 2022, 01:12:03 pm »

You have to assume that we have other/better targets. Plus I’m not sure his off field antics are something that we would want.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30229 on: June 14, 2022, 01:13:39 pm »
I attended a jubilee street party and found out that one of my neighbours' son who was there is a coach for the Birmingham U-18's. I totally forgot to ask him if Jobe Bellingham is any good.

Maybe in 10 years time when we have another jubilee party Ill find out and report back.

The Queen will be 106. Good luck with that party.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30230 on: June 14, 2022, 01:17:29 pm »

Or maybe when Charlie finally ascends to the throne, which could at any time.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #30231 on: June 14, 2022, 01:20:29 pm »
The Queen will be 106. Good luck with that party.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #30232 on: June 14, 2022, 01:20:35 pm »

I remember once I went to Morrisons and nearly bought a loaf of bread. Anyway next time I go I will definitely buy a loaf.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30233 on: June 14, 2022, 01:20:46 pm »

What comes after platinum?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30234 on: June 14, 2022, 01:21:26 pm »
I like him, him or Vieira would be great buys for us I think.

Both are tiny though,you'd think they offer different things than the ones we've been reliably linked with,Tchouameni and Sangare.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30235 on: June 14, 2022, 01:21:38 pm »
didnt know Julian ward has connections in portugal from listening to the AI podcast. kind of a familiar with the market hence the diaz and soon darwin transfer

kind of hilarious that benfica guys were sure that he will end up at man u when we swooped in. similar to the diaz to spurs deal.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #30236 on: June 14, 2022, 01:24:57 pm »
What comes after platinum?

Well 75 is 'diamond'

You'd normally view a diamond (75) anniversary higher than a platinum (70), but I expect they're fearful of her reaching 75 years (or, even if she does, she's going be even less mobile)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30237 on: June 14, 2022, 01:28:01 pm »
BTW on the AI podcast, Simon Brundish relayed scuttlebutt from the Benfica coaches on the data from his training, as he has a contact there. Ooft. 12 minutes in on the podcast or thereabouts.

I'll take a rapid Batistuta. A great listen and his thoughts on Nunez's previous injuries is encouraging

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30238 on: June 14, 2022, 01:31:07 pm »
the physical stats seems incredible.
Nunez should add a new dimension to our pressing with the pace & strength he has and the ability to run in behind.
He could be a huge benefit vs City in particular

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30239 on: June 14, 2022, 01:36:21 pm »
Is Marko Grujic not returning from loan? He's the future.

He’s in the queue behind Alou Diarra. He’s got first dibs to nail down a place.