Author Topic: Joe Allen  (Read 304934 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Joe Allen
« on: December 5, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »
Played well last night, I thought. Pressed well, won the ball back, had a cheeky nutmeg & almost scored a goal. Also bailed out Skrtel on that horrible pass.  :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:07:36 pm by Santa's Pansy Helper »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Joseph Michael Allen
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2013, 04:09:50 pm »
Its all going to end in tears, banning's, mutes, tantrums, titty lips and a locking.

He did play well though, however there is room for improvement.

Let the sewage works commence........
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2013, 04:11:02 pm »
What's wrong with just calling him Joe Allen?

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
Joseph Michael Allen
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »
Gutted that shot never went in for him.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »
Played well. Didn't need Lucas last night, stick Allen in there. Right game for him.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »
Not worth FIFTEEN pounds let alone FIFTEEN MILLION

Welsh? Welsh!!!

Lucas > Allen

Played OK drop him now please, played OK though (but drop him)

TOO SMALL

TOO WELSH

--

That's most of the thread. Had a good game last night, robbed the ball a few times and very unfortunate to be booked. Onwards and upwards.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #6 on: December 5, 2013, 04:15:11 pm »
Yep played well indeed and shame about that shot - would have shut up a lot of nasayers that
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7 on: December 5, 2013, 04:16:42 pm »
He's the best Welsh player at Liverpool.  Step up Harry Wilson.....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #8 on: December 5, 2013, 04:20:39 pm »
To be honest thought he played well last night and had us playing with a faster tempo , just feel the lad looks to to be lacking confidence in  himself most of the time, looks  almost scared .
« Last Edit: December 5, 2013, 04:22:35 pm by rocco »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9 on: December 5, 2013, 04:21:37 pm »
It's a good job he's not a 'Saint,' like St. John or St. Ledger.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #10 on: December 5, 2013, 04:23:39 pm »
To be honest thought he played well last night and had us playing with a faster tempo , just feel the lad looks to to be lacking confidence in  himself most of the time almost scared .
Whole team lacked confidence until Suarez's first and considering the leathering that he's got for being a massive c*nt and missing a sitter (apparently) it's not surprising that he looked shakey. But he did grow into the game.

Much room for improvement but i'd start him against west ham, let him grow back into the team and squad. Lucas could really do with the rest as well.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #11 on: December 5, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »
Like Flanagan he had a solid game. Happy for the lad.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: December 5, 2013, 04:27:06 pm »
To be honest thought he played well last night and had us playing with a faster tempo , just feel the lad looks to to be lacking confidence in  himself most of the time almost scared .

He did early on but grew into the game I thought and became more comfortable as the night went on.  James Pearce said in the Echo that last night was Allen's first start at Anfield for a year so perhaps some initial nerves are understandable. 

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2013, 04:32:50 pm »
Why are we middle naming him for? He played well last night.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »
Doesn't have a welsh accent. He's a big fat phonyyyy.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2013, 04:38:26 pm »
Looked a little rusty early on, but grew as the game went on.

Would have loved to see that shot go in which would have been a  huge boost to his confidence.

Perfect game for him last night, would like to see him play against the hammers too.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 5, 2013, 04:39:06 pm »
I'm liking  the full names as title threads. Long may it continue.  ;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #17 on: December 5, 2013, 04:41:02 pm »
Played well. He gave the ball away in dangerous areas a few times through being hesitant but that's merely a confidence issue. He combined well with Stevie in the middle and released the ball quickly and often into feet, something Suarez and Coutinho thrive on. Will probably keep his place for the weekend and rightly so. Big few weeks for Allen, and Lucas for that matter, as you feel we'll dip into the market for a midfielder come January.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 5, 2013, 04:46:02 pm »
What's wrong with just calling him Joe Allen?

Some sort of strange gravitas I think.

Can't wait for the Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre thread.

Offline haste

• Main Stander
  • actually likes the third kit
« Reply #19 on: December 5, 2013, 04:49:38 pm »
Some sort of strange gravitas I think.

Can't wait for the Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre thread.

We already have one...?

I like it. 

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »
He did early on but grew into the game I thought and became more comfortable as the night went on.  James Pearce said in the Echo that last night was Allen's first start at Anfield for a year so perhaps some initial nerves are understandable.

I saw James Pearce post that, did he mean league starts because I'm sure he started against Zenit at Anfield in the knockout rounds of the Europa League

Offline Not A Scouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »
 I thought he played well except for a couple of horrible give-away passes just in front of our defence and that is a pretty big except. It's those sort of moments that remind me how consistently Lucas keeps the ball in those risky situations.

Further forward I thought he was excellent, moving the ball crisply and with purpose.  I would like to see him play more, but this requires Gerrard, Lucas and/or Henderson off the pitch.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2013, 04:55:53 pm »
I thought he played well except for a couple of horrible give-away passes just in front of our defence and that is a pretty big except. It's those sort of moments that remind me how consistently Lucas keeps the ball in those risky situations.

Further forward I thought he was excellent, moving the ball crisply and with purpose.  I would like to see him play more, but this requires Gerrard, Lucas and/or Henderson off the pitch.

Probably Henderson, at least in games at home when we are forcing the issue.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #23 on: December 5, 2013, 04:56:49 pm »
I saw James Pearce post that, did he mean league starts because I'm sure he started against Zenit at Anfield in the knockout rounds of the Europa League

Must have done.  He started against Notts County in the League Cup as well so it must be a year since he started at home in the league.  Hopefully last night's performance will have helped him to regain some confidence and he'll get a run of regular football now.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 5, 2013, 04:57:40 pm »
Keeps the ball moving so well, much better than Lucas in that regard.

Should keep his place against West Ham, Lucas has been poor.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 5, 2013, 05:05:06 pm »
Probably Henderson, at least in games at home when we are forcing the issue.

I think Allen could slot in well in a midfield '2' alongside Lucas, with Gerrard further forward in the '3' in a 4-2-3-1. Henderson on the right & Coutinho on the left. Albeit, Coutinho looked very good as the 10 last night.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2013, 05:10:00 pm »
I thought he had a decent game last night, a lot of people were slating him around the ground though and afterwards because he misplaced one or two passes.

Pressed well, tackled well and kept it simple with the ball. Think him in for Lucas in those sort of games is key to us winning these games. To speak in sort of FM terms (sorry!) Lucas is more like an anchorman who just sits in front of and protects the centre backs. Allen is good at playing the role of a ball winning midfielder, winning the ball a little bit higher up the pitch and playing off a simple pass to another, normally more creative player.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2013, 05:10:03 pm »
Not to rain on his parade already, but I do worry about him being the main defensive midfielder against Nolan/Diame and Co. on Saturday, he's not fared well against big bruisers before.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2013, 05:10:44 pm »
I think Allen could slot in well in a midfield '2' alongside Lucas, with Gerrard further forward in the '3' in a 4-2-3-1. Henderson on the right & Coutinho on the left. Albeit, Coutinho looked very good as the 10 last night.

Absolutely, I said the same thing in the Gerrard thread. Hopefully we'll see it on Saturday against West Ham.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2013, 05:11:16 pm »
Lucas is a better player but unlike him at least Allen is not dead on his feet last 20 minutes every game. Wouldnt mind seeing Allen keeping his place in the team.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #30 on: December 5, 2013, 05:24:48 pm »
Lucas is a better player but unlike him at least Allen is not dead on his feet last 20 minutes every game. Wouldnt mind seeing Allen keeping his place in the team.

It might be because the lad has run himself into the ground for this team, you ingrate.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 5, 2013, 05:27:18 pm »
Think Allen could potentially work better than Lucas at home from now on.

Whilst Lucas might offer more in terms of interceptions and tackles, Allen can move forward more freely and cover more ground.

Seemed a bit rusty in the first half at times but grew into the game, and it was pleasant not having our DM give away what seems like multiple dangerous free kicks a game
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 5, 2013, 05:36:33 pm »
Last night he did pretty much everything that Lucas has been doing all season. And with a run of games to get his fitness and confidence up, there's a good chance that he could offer more than Lucas, imo.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 5, 2013, 05:47:19 pm »
Had a decent enough game last night. Against Norwich. At home. For the bigger games I'd have Lucas every single time.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #34 on: December 5, 2013, 06:14:12 pm »
Really wish we could fit both him and Lucas in the team. Good chance to give Lucas a rest but I still feel like defensively we're suspect against better teams, more so without Lucas in the team. Nice strike though, something you wouldnt see from Lucas, even if it didnt go in.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #35 on: December 5, 2013, 06:22:56 pm »
Think Joseph found it a bit hard to get into the game in the first half an hour, with Stevie always coming back to pick the ball up and do the quarter back thing
(not necessarily long balls, but picking it up off the central defenders) which left Allen a little bit lost.
After we'd gone a couple up, Stevie went more and more in search of a goal, leaving Allen to play more the role he'd been picked to do - that's the way I saw it.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 5, 2013, 06:46:38 pm »
He did okay I thought.

He hasn't played much football recently so it will probably take a time for him to get up to speed. Don't think it is fair to judge him until he gets more minutes under his belt.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 5, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »
Had a better game than Sterling or Henderson

Offline Nebnotsew

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: December 5, 2013, 07:00:58 pm »
He had a decent game. I don't think I've ever seen a Liverpool player get robbed of the ball as many times as him though, seems to happen every match.
Quote from: Rafael Benitez
I was born Spanish, I am no longer as thin (the anxiety doesn’t help), and yes, sometimes I help serving the dinner.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 5, 2013, 07:06:13 pm »
He had a decent game. I don't think I've ever seen a Liverpool player get robbed of the ball as many times as him though, seems to happen every match.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720231/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Liverpool-Norwich

Dispossesions and turnovers register at zero each here. He gave the ball away a couple of times and he was beaten to it by a couple of underhit passes by my memory. I don't recall seeing him often get dispossessed.