Author Topic: I hate him, I hate him....But Placcy Ronaldo  (Read 31163 times)

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I hate him, I hate him....But Placcy Ronaldo
« Reply #80 on: May 4, 2008, 05:55:11 pm »
RedCafe is a fucking mongfest full of twats who have never even been to Greater Manchester, nevermind Old Trafford.
Nice to see we agree on something. :D
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #81 on: May 4, 2008, 06:41:11 pm »
What 'Big games' has Torres scored this season...

None agaisnt United.
1 Inter (I think, maybe 2)
Chelsea - 2 I think in 4 games
Arsenal? I'm not sure....

He's scored against every big team - and in most big occasions - we've played, except versus United. Tool.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #82 on: May 4, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »
RedCafe is a fucking mongfest full of twats who have never even been to Greater Manchester, nevermind Old Trafford.

You do have some sense of reality.
JFT97

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #83 on: May 4, 2008, 06:56:50 pm »
Thank you, someone else realises....

Whoever says that Ronaldo has 'hardly scored agaisnt big teams this season' it's bollocks, abs bollocks...top goal scorer in the worlds best club competiion.

That same tournament where we so kindly cleared the table of good teams for you while you played a toothless Roma 4 times in 3 rounds for the 6th year running?

None agaisnt United.

That's coz they kicked the shit out of him with full protection from the ref, Mr. Ferguson, and the press. He got a yellow card for asking the ref for protection after getting fouled 3 times on one possession, before he got subbed full of fucking bruises.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #84 on: May 4, 2008, 07:19:35 pm »
No doubt about it IMO Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the World at the moment.

Offline FrankGallagher

• Kemlynite
« Reply #85 on: May 4, 2008, 07:22:32 pm »
That same tournament where we so kindly cleared the table of good teams for you while you played a toothless Roma 4 times in 3 rounds for the 6th year running?
That's coz they kicked the shit out of him with full protection from the ref, Sir Alex, and the press. He got a yellow card for asking the ref for protection after getting fouled 3 times on one possession, before he got subbed full of fucking bruises.

Just like Ronaldo gets "kicked" out of every game. The amount of decisions that go against Ronaldo are a joke.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 4, 2008, 07:32:11 pm »
Gerrard's got previous in big games

Champs League Final'05
FA Cup Final'06
UEFA Cup Final'01

Ronaldo hasn't, hence people not mentioning Gerrard bottling big games.
Look the lad is 23 and if he played for anyone else you wouldn't let the fact that he plays for that shower of shite blind you. As a footballer in the world game he is only gonna get better, as a person on the pitch he comes over as a little kid sometimes but as a football fan you've got to admire the things he does and the speed he does them.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #87 on: May 4, 2008, 07:33:11 pm »
Just like Ronaldo gets "kicked" out of every game. The amount of decisions that go against Ronaldo are a joke.

I've not seen him get booked for wailing like a fucking banshee on every one of those occasions either.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 4, 2008, 08:27:54 pm »
Look the lad is 23 and if he played for anyone else you wouldn't let the fact that he plays for that shower of shite blind you. As a footballer in the world game he is only gonna get better, as a person on the pitch he comes over as a little kid sometimes but as a football fan you've got to admire the things he does and the speed he does them.

I was just pulling you up on your "where was Gerrard against Chelsea" comment

Yeah he might have had a quiet game but he's done it enough times in big games not to be labelled a big game bottler. Ronaldo hasnt yet. Yeah he probably will turn up one day but as of now he hasn't.

Its nothing to do with who Ronaldo plays for - I happily admit Keane V Juventus in 99 was as good a performance - and in a massive game - as I've ever seen.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 4, 2008, 08:29:20 pm »

He HAS cut the diving out of his game

Nonsense.

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #90 on: May 4, 2008, 08:35:42 pm »

None agaisnt United.
1 Inter (I think, maybe 2)
Chelsea - 2 I think in 4 games
Arsenal? I'm not sure....
1 against Arsenal
2 against Chelsea
1 against Inter
Marsille away when we needed to win
Porto home when we needed to win
Winner in merseyside Derby

Not bad for a first season. Tit.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #91 on: May 4, 2008, 08:47:22 pm »
bumping this, cos it keeps the mancs in one place.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 4, 2008, 08:52:04 pm »
Messi plays for the team and gets around 15 assists Ronaldo has 6 all season.

Says it all really.

Great stat. Ronaldo has scored 40 goals. Who gives a fuck if he doesn't pass that often. They're both amazing players. Main difference is Ronaldo is a total classless c*nt.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 4, 2008, 09:02:01 pm »
Ronaldo is on a different level to everyone else right now. Everyone.

If only we hadn't asked to take him on trial...
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Bobbins

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: May 4, 2008, 09:02:40 pm »
Led Portugal almost single handedly to a European Championship final and and 4th in the World Cup.
lololololol. You didn't watch those tournaments did you?

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #95 on: May 4, 2008, 09:15:14 pm »
he's a good player whos very very effective in that united team, he could become a great player, thats pretty much it. Done no need for further arguments.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 4, 2008, 09:23:16 pm »
It's like a Playstation game on easy when he gets the ball. He thrives on the fact he's up against sides without any tactical discipline/arrangement though. He wouldn't have scored the amount of goals he has had he played in Serie A or La Liga. He'd be a success, but managers and defenders would definitely deal with the threat he poses a lot better. He's not the sort of player who will ever completely dominate a game from start to finish. You watch Kaka or Messi on a regular basis and you'll see them control matches. They'll have it in the palm of their hands and they'll persistently pose a problem to the opposition throughout the course of the 90 minutes. Yet they won't produce as much danger as Ronaldo and that's where you have to take your hat off to him. Had it been Ronaldo who had thundered in the goal against Barcelona, it would have summed things up. Messi was easily the best player on the park, but he didn't penetrate United's defence anywhere near as much as he could have done.

Offline legendzuk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #97 on: May 4, 2008, 10:18:53 pm »
1 against Arsenal
2 against Chelsea
1 against Inter
Marsille away when we needed to win
Porto home when we needed to win
Winner in merseyside Derby

Not bad for a first season. Tit.

Everton, Porto and Marsille shouldn't count, since they're not MASSIVE teams in Europe - going by the logic on here that is.

Torres - 3 against the other top 3, in more games. ( I think)
Ronaldo - 4 against the top 3...

Therefor, this argument is null and void.

Offline Dutchgeezer

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: May 4, 2008, 10:20:17 pm »
Ronaldo vs Messi in the barca games:

From the telegraph stats, Ronaldo received 22 passes from team mates in total from both games against Barca whereas Messi received 87 passes from his team.

Messi had 4 times as much of the ball as Ronaldo, did he provide any end product? Can't help but think Ronaldo would have murdered Manchester if he played in the barca team, he has unbelievable efficiency.

You'd have to say, Messi performed better because Manchester are playing negative shit football against the bigger teams and leave him on an island....

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #99 on: May 4, 2008, 10:28:55 pm »
Everton, Porto and Marsille shouldn't count, since they're not MASSIVE teams in Europe - going by the logic on here that is.

Torres - 3 against the other top 3, in more games. ( I think)
Ronaldo - 4 against the top 3...

Therefor, this argument is null and void.

Torres hasn't even completed his first season in England yet, you nincompoop. Ladyboy has been mincing around here for how long, four years now?

Go suck eggs.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #100 on: May 4, 2008, 10:29:52 pm »
Toss up between him and Messi...but you cant argue with Ronaldo's record, absolutely phenomenally good this season

hate the c*nt with a passion but fuck me he is quality, 40 goals for someone who isnt a striker in a season, you may never see the likes of that again...

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #101 on: May 4, 2008, 10:37:09 pm »
Toss up between him and Messi...but you cant argue with Ronaldo's record, absolutely phenomenally good this season

hate the c*nt with a passion but fuck me he is quality, 40 goals for someone who isnt a striker in a season, you may never see the likes of that again...
United don't play with 'strikers' as such, in a traditional 'Ian Rush' type sense. Ronaldo is their main goalscorer, and therefore should be regarded the same as Torres for comparison, even though they are very different players. As for the last part, I certainly hope that is true in Ronaldo's case...
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 4, 2008, 10:40:25 pm »
Everton, Porto and Marsille shouldn't count, since they're not MASSIVE teams in Europe - going by the logic on here that

Haha.. Porto shouldn't count but Roma should? Christ almighty.

Face it. He's done well when we've needed him except against United. His record in big games for a first season is more than acceptable. I wonder if he'll be waiting for his first goal against United - as Ronaldo is against chelsea and was against Liverpool - in 4 years time? The odds are against it.

Offline legendzuk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #103 on: May 4, 2008, 10:43:27 pm »
Haha.. Porto shouldn't count but Roma should? Christ almighty.

Face it. He's done well when we've needed him except against United. His record in big games for a first season is more than acceptable. I wonder if he'll be waiting for his first goal against United - as Ronaldo is against chelsea and was against Liverpool - in 4 years time? The odds are against it.

Did I say Roma should? No, didn't think so.

Probably won't no, but for the first 2 years was he playing as a right/left winger, hardly 20 and not starting everygame...nope.

At the end of the day, he's the best player in the world - anyone who says Messi is just being bitter to be honest.

Offline Dutchgeezer

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: May 4, 2008, 10:47:37 pm »
United don't play with 'strikers' as such, in a traditional 'Ian Rush' type sense. Ronaldo is their main goalscorer, and therefore should be regarded the same as Torres for comparison, even though they are very different players. As for the last part, I certainly hope that is true in Ronaldo's case...

When is the last time a free-roaming 'attacking midfielder' scored 30 in one of the top 3 leagues? There probably aren't many out and out goalscoring predators that have done that, never mind an attacking midfielder who drifts about.

He doesn't sit in the box to lurk for goals, he doesn't play up top, he usually comes from deeper positions and creates loads of goals for himself...

Offline Dutchgeezer

• Main Stander
« Reply #105 on: May 4, 2008, 10:51:13 pm »
Torres hasn't even completed his first season in England yet

Ronaldo was 18 when he came to England, but became top class at 21 going 22 last season.

Torres was 23, now 24.

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #106 on: May 4, 2008, 10:51:47 pm »
Hey dutchgeezer, who's better, Ronaldo or Kuyt? :D
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline Dutchgeezer

• Main Stander
« Reply #107 on: May 4, 2008, 10:54:05 pm »
Hey dutchgeezer, who's better, Ronaldo or Kuyt? :D

Pointless post. As a football lover, I enjoy watching great footballers in action. Ronaldo is one of my favorites, just as Kuyt is.

Offline gogetta

• I wish I had some friends.
  • Kopite
« Reply #108 on: May 4, 2008, 11:33:07 pm »
I wonder if he'll be waiting for his first goal against United - as Ronaldo is against chelsea and was against Liverpool - in 4 years time? The odds are against it.

Who cares? Ronaldo's main job isn't to score. Anything over 15 is a bonus from him.

Torres is a centre forward who has played through the middle his whole life. Don't compare the two.

By the way, it wouldn't surprise me if that turned out to be the case, the only goals your lot have scored against United since Benitez came over has been a John O'Shea own goal at Old Trafford 4 years ago.

And Roma and the Stadio Olimpico is a far more important place to score than Porto.

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #109 on: May 4, 2008, 11:34:36 pm »
Who cares? Ronaldo's main job isn't to score. Anything over 15 is a bonus from him.

Torres is a centre forward who has played through the middle his whole life. Don't compare the two.

By the way, it wouldn't surprise me if that turned out to be the case, the only goals your lot have scored against United since Benitez came over has been a John O'Shea own goal at Old Trafford 4 years ago.

Don't forget Crouch's goal in the F.A cup. Nobhead :)

Offline gogetta

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: May 4, 2008, 11:37:13 pm »
Don't forget Crouch's goal in the F.A cup. Nobhead :)

Still a pathetic record. :)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #111 on: May 4, 2008, 11:37:45 pm »
'Cut the diving out of game'

'easily the best player in the world' after watching Messi take the piss out of all of them on Tuesday

Got to be taking the piss you
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 4, 2008, 11:38:12 pm »

His main job isn't to score? Must be having a god awful season then, 'cos he's got less assists than David Bentley ::)

... I don't think it was me who did that initially, it was another manc - surprise fucking surprise - who did that. Apparently the fact that Torres hasn't got a good goal record in the big games (but he does so far :)) makes up for the fact that Ronaldo is awful in them.

Don't forget Crouch :wave

And we'll see, won't we? Maybe when someone starts tapping Fergie's phone calls we won't been up against 15 men. :)

And Roma and the Stadio Olimpico is a far more important place to score than Porto.

Not really. Not when you take the context of our match with Porto into account. If he hadn't have scored, we'd have been out, Rafa out of a job and so forth. The comparison was about the level of the team as much as the occasion. Both occasions were pretty big.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #113 on: May 4, 2008, 11:39:59 pm »
Still a pathetic record. :)

Agreed sadly. And yes I know he's a manc boys and girls but he does attempt to talk sense at least
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dutchgeezer

• Main Stander
« Reply #114 on: May 4, 2008, 11:40:30 pm »
'Cut the diving out of game'

'easily the best player in the world' after watching Messi take the piss out of all of them on Tuesday

Got to be taking the piss you

Has to do with Manchester being rubbish. Messi played for the better team and received 4 times more passes than Ronaldo did, as the stats pointed out. Ronaldo received 22 passes over the two legs, Messi 80+... Messi created no end product, I'd bet Ronaldo would have destroyed Manchester with the passing of Barca... much more efficient.

Offline ChineseKop

• Main Stander
  • to the Barack
« Reply #115 on: May 4, 2008, 11:42:05 pm »
But Ronaldo is more effective?

Yes,,like Lampard more effective than Xavi and Kaka a couple of years ago.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D YOU DONT WATCH THIS GAME.

Ronaldo does not have the grace,beautiful football techinique and poise on ball to be mentioned in the same breath as Messi,Kaka or Zidane,Ronaldo or Pele,Maradona. Good winger,in form of life and still can only perform against shit defence,no more.
Riise is going to cost a goal here,fking shite.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #116 on: May 4, 2008, 11:42:26 pm »
Ronaldo's main job is goal scoring, no doubt about that.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline ChineseKop

• Main Stander
  • to the Barack
« Reply #117 on: May 4, 2008, 11:43:55 pm »
C.Ronaldo is like Tottie,small fish. But we can at least call Totti footballer not a sprinter.
Riise is going to cost a goal here,fking shite.

Offline Dutchgeezer

• Main Stander
« Reply #118 on: May 4, 2008, 11:44:27 pm »
Assists are the worst stats ever. All the threat, brilliant interplay and more good work before the final pass (which might as well be a two yard pass because the player(s) before you did amazingly well) don't count?

Ronaldo goes past players, creates space for others with 2-3 defenders on him and plays a good allround game whenever I watch him. He's put rooney through for 2 yard sitters quite a few times as well too, but they all can't finish for shit at Manchester...

Offline gogetta

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: May 4, 2008, 11:45:36 pm »
His main job isn't to score? Must be having a god awful season then, 'cos he's got less assists than David Bentley ::)

... I don't think it was me who did that initially, it was another manc - surprise fucking surprise - who did that. Apparently the fact that Torres hasn't got a good goal record in the big games (but he does so far :)) makes up for the fact that Ronaldo is awful in them.

Don't forget Crouch :wave

And we'll see, won't we? Maybe when someone starts tapping Fergie's phone calls we won't been up against 15 men. :)

Not really. Not when you take the context of our match with Porto into account. If he hadn't have scored, we'd have been out, Rafa out of a job and so forth. The comparison was about the level of the team as much as the occasion. Both occasions were pretty big.

Ronaldo has not got as many assists as last season simply due to the fact that his team mates have pissed around too much, Rooney and Tevez aren't particularly good finishers, if they were they'd be on similar tallies as Torres and Ronaldo. And Ronaldo would have a ridiculous number of assists to go with his 40 goals. :)

And yes, both occasions were bit, I didn't play down the importance of that goal. Just said that Ronaldo's was more important, quarter final, away to the 2nd best team in Italy, a stadium as hostile as the Olimpico. And what a phenomenal goal it was aswell.