Author Topic: Liverpool sign Emre Can  (Read 206046 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Liverpool sign Emre Can
« Reply #480 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:44 pm »
Utterly ridiculous.  He's looked great, not fat
The way he moves about the pitch, the power in his runs....

Watch Anderson when he was at Gremio with Lucas, and there are comparisons.

You can see why people saw potential in him... Anderson just has the brain of a chimp, and a diet of Big Macs to ruin his talent!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: July 24, 2014, 06:26:04 pm »
Never once saw him do this

quite clearly intentional that, look how he set nani up  ;)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: July 24, 2014, 06:41:26 pm »
Here is a 5 mins clip of his performance vs Roma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0BzOkvjyw

And vs Preston North End

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhNwkFW9Qzw

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: July 24, 2014, 07:26:12 pm »
Beast!! I love me a real German General in the center.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2014, 07:28:07 pm »

Beast!! I love me a real German General in the center.

Ahem,Turkish General!;)

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:06 pm »
Ahem,Turkish General!;)
Pretty sure someone born in Frankfurt is German mate ;)

Offline sklfcs

• Main Stander
« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:24 pm »
Yeah. Sharn, Charn, Sian. However you want

Jan. In Turkish, C is a j sound, Ç is ch and Ş is sh.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:57 pm »
Ahem,Turkish General!;)

Sorry mate  :( ;D
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »

Pretty sure someone born in Frankfurt is German mate ;)

Pretty sure someone with both Turkish parents and both Turkish names is Turkish too;)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2014, 07:33:37 pm »
Pretty sure someone with both Turkish parents and both Turkish names is Turkish too;)

He's more German than Turkish and he's chosen to play for Germany.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2014, 07:35:51 pm »
He is a bit of a tank of a man considering how young he is. Will be interesting to see how he progresses as already he looks like he will add some strength to a light enough CM.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2014, 07:36:50 pm »
Beast. Going to be a marshall for us.
YWNA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2014, 07:41:09 pm »
My biggest prediction for Can, is that at some point in the season, someone is going to try to square up to him, and come off looking like a fly getting swatted by a giant :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:34 pm »
Looked quality last night. Looking forward to seeing a midfield of can Gerrard and Hendo this coming season. Got a bit of everything in there.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:47 pm »
He's more German than Turkish and he's chosen to play for Germany.

That's for career purposes though.

After yesterday's match,first thing he did was to walk to Salih Ucan (Rome's Turkish youngster) and told that he is proud of him.

There are many American basketball players who played for Russia,Italy,Lithuania national team but they are still Americans.
Serge Ibaka of Oklahoma Thunder represents Spain in Olympics but he is still from Congo.

But Turkish or German or both,glad he is a Liverpool player :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:46:44 pm by elsewhere »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #495 on: July 24, 2014, 07:45:34 pm »
Looked quality last night. Looking forward to seeing a midfield of can Gerrard and Hendo this coming season. Got a bit of everything in there.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we actually saw that for a few games. You lose a bit from the top end though because you'd have to pick 3 out of Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Remy and Markovic.

I love the way he drives forward. He just brushes players off with his strength.
YWNA

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: July 24, 2014, 07:46:51 pm »
My biggest prediction for Can, is that at some point in the season, someone is going to try to square up to him, and come off looking like a fly getting swatted by a giant :D
Big fuckers ain't he ,like a Yaya Toure with more muscles and energy.

I think he will destroy this league at times next season.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #497 on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:15 pm »
Needs to bulk up.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #498 on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:55 pm »
Beast. Going to be a marshall for us.

Signing I'm most excited about so far. Well a toss up between markovic.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2014, 07:48:08 pm »
Needs to bulk up.
;D

He's maybe one who will escape that accusation
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: July 24, 2014, 07:50:29 pm »
I like that he has that competitive edge and angriness when needed. His response when he was fouled was nice for instance.

He had that "I am the boss here" attitude when needed and I think as a team we need this especially in the defensive end,
so I hope Lovren is a bit similar in that regard too.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:52:58 pm by elsewhere »

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: July 24, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »
Signing a good, talented holding midfielder to play in front of the backline in the medium-to-long term would really help Can I think. It would enable him to concentrate on developing his own place within our squad. He has the talent to be an excellent player for us, it's just about promoting and assisting that.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: July 24, 2014, 08:13:42 pm »
Jan. In Turkish, C is a j sound, Ç is ch and Ş is sh.

We should just ask Emre Can how to pronounce it. I bet even then people will be telling him he's pronouncing it wrong.

Seems some people did just that:

1) "Emre told me his surname is pronounced SHARN. As in Sian. If that makes sense?" Simon Hughes

2) "Emre's surname is pronounced 'Chan'." LFC

Still relatively unclear, the thing they both seem to agree on is that it isn't "Jan".

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: July 24, 2014, 08:22:04 pm »
Seems some people did just that:

1) "Emre told me his surname is pronounced SHARN. As in Sian. If that makes sense?" Simon Hughes

2) "Emre's surname is pronounced 'Chan'." LFC

Still relatively unclear, the thing they both seem to agree on is that it isn't "Jan".

It's like "Jon" of "Jonathan" or "John" of "Johnson", I don't know how to express :)

It's a very common Turkish name,i have cousin and friends with same name.
i am pretty sure he would laugh if people say Sharn,Shan or Chan; just like when I call my cousin and friends Sharn or Chan :)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: July 24, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »
He is a monster in the making.

Offline sklfcs

• Main Stander
« Reply #505 on: July 24, 2014, 08:26:32 pm »
It's like "Jon" of "Jonathan" or "John" of "Johnson", I don't know how to express :)

i am pretty sure he would laugh if people say Sharn,Shan or Chan; just like when I call my cousin and friends Sharn or Chan :)

Exactly. LFC website and Simon Hughes are wrong. Simple as that.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: July 24, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »
Exactly. LFC website and Simon Hughes are wrong. Simple as that.

Yep,just like you described in your post "Jan. In Turkish, C is a j sound, Ç is ch and Ş is sh."

When I watched yesterday's match clip and each time I heard "Shaun", i actually got excited for a second because I thought we had a new player from Liverpool youngsters that was named Shaun or something ;)

Offline sklfcs

• Main Stander
« Reply #507 on: July 24, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »
Yeah, there were about 5 or 6 different pronunciations during the game yesterday. I seem to remember Dean Saunders start an attempt and then give it up halfway through  ;D

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #508 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:47 pm »
I was impressed with this lad yesterday. If he was surrounded by Lallana, sterling, or sturridge he would have been praised as a world class midfielder by his passes. I like his no non sense attitude, he got fouled once and immediately reacted in defense. That kind of attitude is needed at this club, not in a sinister way but in a passionate way. His passing, his technical ability, his speed, and recovery is great! I would love seeing his play next to gerrard or even a little ahead of gerrard.
Completely agree. I really enjoyed seeing Hendo berate Giggs last season as well as Coutinho standing up to that mug N'zonzi. Its been too long since we had strong personalities who give opponents a piece of their mind (and then some) so its really refreshing to know that this could become a regular occurrence, especially with a Sheriff like Can in the team now :D

Its like having a more bulky version of this guy patrolling the midfield:  ;D

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: July 24, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »
This is Can explaining to LFC website and Simon Hughes how to pronounce his name:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lz0IT4Uk2xQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lz0IT4Uk2xQ</a>

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:25:44 pm by Packalacky »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #510 on: July 24, 2014, 08:59:21 pm »
Signing a good, talented holding midfielder to play in front of the backline in the medium-to-long term would really help Can I think. It would enable him to concentrate on developing his own place within our squad. He has the talent to be an excellent player for us, it's just about promoting and assisting that.

Yeah that's the thing - he was labelled a DM when we signed him - don't see that being his best position at all

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #511 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:33 pm »
Yeah that's the thing - he was labelled a DM when we signed him - don't see that being his best position at all

I don't think we'll play with a dedicated DM though, in the way most people understand it. We'll play with one player having overall responsibility, but ultimately, it should be a fluid triangle in midfield with each player capable of doing the job. Even Gerrard there isn't an actual "DM" - he's a deep-lying central midfielder. Almost a midfield sweeper, in the way a true defensive sweeper is - playing behind the line, but not really having the same tasks as the players in front.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #512 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:54 pm »
Here is a 5 mins clip of his performance vs Roma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0BzOkvjyw

And vs Preston North End

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhNwkFW9Qzw

Similar to Henderson, maybe a little more inclined to bomb on in possession.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:24 pm »
No I don't either, I think he could be a great all-round CM. A player who holds the space between the CMs and the backline, controls that space and links play from there would help him concentrate on his own role. Gerrard is not going to be their long term and has weaknesses playing there anyway (which he does make up for by his strengths), Lucas I don't think will be here next season, so I think Rodgers will be looking to reinforce that area over the next year anyway.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #514 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »
For me, the most exciting signing of the summer, and looks very suited to the Premier League.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #515 on: July 24, 2014, 09:14:54 pm »
All very early for declarations about his quality. However, his general style, presence and technique looks like he will work out in the PL. Hopefully he can live up to the early hope.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:46:55 pm by Fitzy. »

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2014, 09:34:34 pm »
I don't think we'll play with a dedicated DM though, in the way most people understand it. We'll play with one player having overall responsibility, but ultimately, it should be a fluid triangle in midfield with each player capable of doing the job. Even Gerrard there isn't an actual "DM" - he's a deep-lying central midfielder. Almost a midfield sweeper, in the way a true defensive sweeper is - playing behind the line, but not really having the same tasks as the players in front.

So would a DM in the normal understanding be a player who has the sole responsibility staying back, moving the ball mostly laterally and breaking up play?
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:49 pm »

i heard his mother is french and his real name is Emre Jean
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #518 on: July 24, 2014, 09:54:06 pm »
Impressed me running with the ball but also off it, couple of good 1-2's rather than staying static and admiring his work, should be an obvious quality for someone worth 10m but still...

Also liked where he let it run through his legs to turn and set up the attack

Surprised as others have said that I thought he was a proper DM but last night showed he is very versatile, really looking forward to seeing him develop

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2014, 10:02:26 pm »
i heard his mother is french and his real name is Emre Jean
Other rumor says he is cousin of Jackie Chan hence Emre Chan