Author Topic: Liverpool sign Emre Can  (Read 206036 times)

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
Re: Liverpool sign Emre Can
« Reply #320 on: July 8, 2014, 06:09:38 pm »
If anyone can replace Carragher....

Emre Can
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: July 8, 2014, 06:21:12 pm »
He is quite good looking... How long before the "Gay for Can" posts start? ;D

I think they just did?

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #322 on: July 8, 2014, 06:38:22 pm »
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Coutinholycow

• King Midas. If he pays £50m for a single tomato, that tomato is worth £50m.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: July 9, 2014, 06:09:59 am »

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2014, 06:24:44 pm »

Poor Joe. Looks like he's about to pass a boulder trying to keep up and Emre's just there just contemplating the complexity of life.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2014, 06:32:36 pm »
He's a big unit  Emre.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »

Poor Joe. Looks like he's about to pass a boulder trying to keep up and Emre's just there just contemplating the complexity of life.
What that picture doesn't show is the very technical way in which Joe resolved the situation.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:43 pm »

;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2014, 12:20:01 pm »
I feel he could for a cracking partnership with that Wilfried fella we are after

Bony Em'

'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2014, 12:25:57 pm »
I see Allen is already playing catch up on Emre.

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2014, 03:13:05 pm »
Built well that Emre . Imagine Henderson and Can pressing the hell out of the opposition.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2014, 04:32:52 pm »
Feckin excited by this kid, big, strong, fast, technical. He may well turn out to be the signing of the summer for us.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »
I think he'll suit our pressing game extremely well.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2014, 05:23:07 pm »
Not sure how I feel seeing him wearing the number 23. He looks a beast though.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:51 pm »
 Shocking boots :puke2
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2014, 11:19:54 pm »
Probably the signing that most interests me so far.

From the limited times I've watched him play mainly on YouTube he seems like he's got bags of energy and enjoys the physical side of the game.

I don't think our defence was totally to blame last season for the amount we conceded and hopefully he'll help address that. The reality is while we may have lost Luis we're still going to be a good attacking side and I can't really see goals being a problem.
We may not score over 100 again any time soon but if we can tighten up the amount we concede we won't have to.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2014, 12:02:16 am »
Has anyone seem his sublime nutmeg on Rooney at 3:59 http://www.youtube.com/v/v1rAC7UnJPk&t=3m59s  its a joy to behold

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2014, 12:20:44 am »
Has anyone seem his sublime nutmeg on Rooney at 3:59 http://www.youtube.com/v/v1rAC7UnJPk&t=3m59s  its a joy to behold

Looks like he flicked the ball over Rooney's left peg to me.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2014, 01:09:07 am »
Looks like he flicked the ball over Rooney's left peg to me.

Had another look and its definite megs

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2014, 01:51:11 am »
Interest me cause never seen him play.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2014, 01:56:00 am »
Think he'll play a part today?

Offline xx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #341 on: July 16, 2014, 01:59:55 am »
Hopefully we get to see him today. I'm probably more excited than most to watch him. Think he can be Henderson good for us, which basically means I think soon he will become vital to our midfield as Henderson has.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: July 16, 2014, 02:10:30 am »
Think he'll play a part today?

Definitely.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: July 16, 2014, 09:33:16 am »
Not in the squad apparently?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2014, 10:37:45 am »
Had another look and its definite megs

It's definitely a flick over his leg.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »
Did can not play today?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »
Did can not play today?

Nah. Twisted his ankle yesterday so they're saving him for Saturday.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: July 16, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »
Did can not play today?

No, slight injury

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »
No, slight injury

Thanks, can't wait to see him in action.

Offline coutinho92

• Kemlynite
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2014, 11:41:20 pm »
Excited! Wonder how much game time he will actually get

Offline olihaukur

• Main Stander
  • Ordinarily special
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2014, 01:18:25 am »
I'm very interested to see what his role is going to be for us in the coming season. He's kind of versatile player and he looks to be the kind of player, technically and physique wise, a good manager can mould into whatever he likes - be it center back, fullback or various midfield roles. As you can see from his time at Leverkusen he did very well in few of those roles and at Bayern they believed he'd end up as one hell of a center back.

The question is how does Rodgers see this exciting player and what are his plans for him? Is he going to try him out in various roles to see what fits him the best or has he earmarked him for something already?

I always imagined him playing as a deep midfielder, kind of an more athletic understudy to Steven Gerrard. He doesn't have the distribution of Gerrard, although he looks to be able to pass the ball pretty nicely, but he offers that pressing, defensive abilities that you'd think would suit nicely in that sort of role. That might be his role for us but seeing some reports/rumors about the club looking for a deep lying midfielder might put that theory to bed. Lucas, Gerrard, Can and a new player could be pretty crowded for that role.

The next thing I'd imagine seeing him play is as a 'Henderson'. Energetic, high pressing, athletic type of a box-box midfielder like Henderson has been playing recently. I think those two roles seems like the most likely ones but none the less, I'm very excited to see what plans Rodgers has with him. Same goes with Lallana, does he see him out wide or centrally?

He's a very exciting young player and I can't wait to see how he'll progress with us. Could become one hell of a player, don't expect he'll play a 'major' role in the team yet but having him in the team clearly increases our options. He seems to be a German Jack of all trades.
@olafur_tomasson

"At Liverpool we never accept second best" - King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2014, 05:47:41 am »
I like the way our midfield is shaping up. Allen, Hendo and now Can are all capable of playing literally anywhere along midfield and while they have similar attributes and are technically gifted, they also each possess more unique abilities too. Can is a real physical specimen with a lot of flair; Hendo can run and run and run and run; Allen can dictate the tempo of the game while never losing the ball...add in Coutinho, Lallana and Gerrard too and we have some real top class quality as well as flexibility and variety there.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #352 on: July 17, 2014, 05:50:37 am »
I'm very interested to see what his role is going to be for us in the coming season. He's kind of versatile player and he looks to be the kind of player, technically and physique wise, a good manager can mould into whatever he likes - be it center back, fullback or various midfield roles. As you can see from his time at Leverkusen he did very well in few of those roles and at Bayern they believed he'd end up as one hell of a center back.

The question is how does Rodgers see this exciting player and what are his plans for him? Is he going to try him out in various roles to see what fits him the best or has he earmarked him for something already?

I always imagined him playing as a deep midfielder, kind of an more athletic understudy to Steven Gerrard. He doesn't have the distribution of Gerrard, although he looks to be able to pass the ball pretty nicely, but he offers that pressing, defensive abilities that you'd think would suit nicely in that sort of role. That might be his role for us but seeing some reports/rumors about the club looking for a deep lying midfielder might put that theory to bed. Lucas, Gerrard, Can and a new player could be pretty crowded for that role.

The next thing I'd imagine seeing him play is as a 'Henderson'. Energetic, high pressing, athletic type of a box-box midfielder like Henderson has been playing recently. I think those two roles seems like the most likely ones but none the less, I'm very excited to see what plans Rodgers has with him. Same goes with Lallana, does he see him out wide or centrally?

He's a very exciting young player and I can't wait to see how he'll progress with us. Could become one hell of a player, don't expect he'll play a 'major' role in the team yet but having him in the team clearly increases our options. He seems to be a German Jack of all trades.

From what I've seen of him, the player he reminds me most of in terms of style is Dembele. A combination of ball-winner and ball-carrier rather than a distributor. I've always wanted a Dembele-type player, although hopefully Can have more end product in time.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2014, 06:09:10 am »
An athletic Gerrard? At his age Gerrard was a athletic freak of nature. He'd run the full length of the pitch at full speed on the 88th minute after doing it for the past 87.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2014, 08:26:34 am »

I think you're probably right. I'm guessing he'll compete with Henderson and Allen in the beginning, possibly covering for Gerrard at times.
However, there is also a far fetched possibility that he will be used as a right full back. He has played quite a bit as a left FB, although he's right footed. He's strong and technical. The competition for a spot in the first eleven is less severe there. Some quality youngsters before him has played RB before settling in the central line.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2014, 08:38:09 am »
An athletic Gerrard? At his age Gerrard was a athletic freak of nature. He'd run the full length of the pitch at full speed on the 88th minute after doing it for the past 87.
Agreed. Think the comment is in regard to what Gerrard currently brings to the table.

Offline olihaukur

• Main Stander
  • Ordinarily special
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2014, 11:47:43 am »
Agreed. Think the comment is in regard to what Gerrard currently brings to the table.
Yes, that's what I meant.
@olafur_tomasson

"At Liverpool we never accept second best" - King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2014, 04:34:15 pm »
From what I've seen of him, the player he reminds me most of in terms of style is Dembele. A combination of ball-winner and ball-carrier rather than a distributor. I've always wanted a Dembele-type player, although hopefully Can have more end product in time.

His distribution off his weak foot is better than Demebele's strong foot...

Sky is the limit for Can. Could become one of the best in the world.

Offline gorwar61

• Main Stander
  • "Facta Non Verba"
« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2014, 11:17:15 pm »
Sorry to state the obvious but his song should be in tune to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtIyMb6yuE

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #359 on: July 19, 2014, 03:56:06 pm »
Hope he recovers soon, I like the look of him. Can's really imposing on the ball