Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 449036 times)

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #3840 on: June 12, 2013, 09:32:33 am »
Well stuff you all, I think it looks great.  I love the design and style of it.

Offline The not so lazy.boy

• Suspected Naturist Shoplifter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #3841 on: June 12, 2013, 09:46:11 am »
The OS is nice to use and a good UX, but from an aesthetics perspective I think the base icons are a disaster... it's all a bit inconsistent.
Same shit, Different day!

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3842 on: June 12, 2013, 09:53:33 am »
How are you lot installing ioS7?

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3843 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46:25 pm »
Nail in coffin for iPhone. From being the innovates, they are just copying from other platforms now. The vibrance of the colours are way too high as well.

Offline cevans16

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3844 on: June 12, 2013, 02:17:26 pm »
Had a look at iOS7 earlier and think it looks terrible, much prefer the look and feel of the current OS, I won't be upgrading.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3845 on: June 12, 2013, 02:28:43 pm »
Nail in coffin for iPhone. From being the innovates, they are just copying from other platforms now. The vibrance of the colours are way too high as well.

Right? Looks like a total ripoff of Windows based phones to me.

Won't be upgrading either.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3846 on: June 12, 2013, 02:54:17 pm »
Nail in coffin for iPhone.

You don't actually believe that do you?

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3847 on: June 12, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »
You don't actually believe that do you?

Nope ;-)

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #3848 on: June 15, 2013, 11:12:02 am »
Had a look at iOS7 earlier and think it looks terrible, much prefer the look and feel of the current OS, I won't be upgrading.

Will it the usual you do not need to upgrade stuff?

Have an iphone.

Dont want change.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3849 on: June 15, 2013, 04:01:15 pm »
Updated my 3gs before having just ignored it for a while, was hoping it would fix my external sound problem. It hasnt. Its also deleted EVERYTHING. Just reinistalled itunes on my laptop after I restored that a while back and it says its syncing but when I go to devices fuck all is there.

Pissed off! Need to text/ring people but have no-ones number!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3850 on: June 15, 2013, 04:36:20 pm »
Did you create a back up before updating it?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3851 on: June 16, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »
Anyone know how I can transfer music from a Android phone to a iphone 4s ,can't be arsed buying music when I've been able to download free on android

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3852 on: June 16, 2013, 03:29:13 pm »
Anyone know how I can transfer music from a Android phone to a iphone 4s ,can't be arsed buying music when I've been able to download free on android

Do you know how to get it off the Android device and onto your computer? If so then all you do then is load it onto iTunes and sync your phone.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #3853 on: June 16, 2013, 04:31:53 pm »
Do you know how to get it off the Android device and onto your computer? If so then all you do then is load it onto iTunes and sync your phone.
just downloaded a song from my HTC to the laptop but not sure exactly where it ended up going to (im shit with computers ;D) once I figure that out will iTunes let me move music over to them, thought they would stop things like that being allowed so people buy more songs off them?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: June 17, 2013, 07:23:18 pm »
Did you create a back up before updating it?

Yeh I did, but I reset my laptop and got rid of itunes and now I cant find it, completely vanished.

and whoops, just realised Id posted this in the wrong thread anyway ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #3855 on: June 17, 2013, 07:24:21 pm »
just downloaded a song from my HTC to the laptop but not sure exactly where it ended up going to (im shit with computers ;D) once I figure that out will iTunes let me move music over to them, thought they would stop things like that being allowed so people buy more songs off them?

No just drag the files into the main window (where it lists all your music) on ITunes and it'll import it all.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3856 on: June 17, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »
Yeh I did, but I reset my laptop and got rid of itunes and now I cant find it, completely vanished.

and whoops, just realised Id posted this in the wrong thread anyway ;D

Have you got auto backups to the cloud turned on?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: June 17, 2013, 07:44:03 pm »
Have you got auto backups to the cloud turned on?

I didnt back up anything to the cloud. Or does it automatically do that? Because ive only just 'registered' to the cloud.

edit: narh, I didnt have auto back up on. Always looked at the cloud and though I should probably back everything up, but I never thought Id lose everything as that update had been waiting for months and I didnt want to update it (phone was jailbroken). But for some reason I woke up one morning and decided to update. What a tit. Lost all my contacts and all my photos :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:49:54 pm by Spanish Al »

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #3858 on: July 9, 2013, 08:23:15 pm »
Just discovered Dragonvale and it's the first game that I've bothered getting GameCenter to work for. Amazing game in all honestly, never been much for the "fantasy" type games, but this one's very good. Nice social aspects, can play it for a long time and never get bored and from what I've seen there's been at least monthly updates with new dragons to collect and such. It pretty much revolves around breeding dragons together and trying to collect all of them. You start with one island, but from what I see you can add up to 8 I think. It's freemium, but the paid currency can easily be gotten if you have friends playing the game.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #3859 on: July 10, 2013, 07:11:19 am »
Just discovered Dragonvale and it's the first game that I've bothered getting GameCenter to work for. Amazing game in all honestly, never been much for the "fantasy" type games, but this one's very good. Nice social aspects, can play it for a long time and never get bored and from what I've seen there's been at least monthly updates with new dragons to collect and such. It pretty much revolves around breeding dragons together and trying to collect all of them. You start with one island, but from what I see you can add up to 8 I think. It's freemium, but the paid currency can easily be gotten if you have friends playing the game.

Been playing this for a bit, it's a bit of fun. The breeding can be very hit and miss, you think you have the right mix for a particular type and you get something you've had 4 or 5 times before so that can be frustrating but at least you can sell the duplicate eggs
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3860 on: July 10, 2013, 06:08:54 pm »
Anyone know what happened to the promised Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy iOS app? Much furore and then poof, no news.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #3862 on: July 10, 2013, 08:39:08 pm »
Been playing this for a bit, it's a bit of fun. The breeding can be very hit and miss, you think you have the right mix for a particular type and you get something you've had 4 or 5 times before so that can be frustrating but at least you can sell the duplicate eggs
True, but that's part of the fun I think. It makes getting the one you actually wanted feel a lot more rewarding.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #3863 on: July 11, 2013, 02:35:18 pm »
Read from page 80 over the past few days and picked up some awesome apps. New Star Soccer is ridiculously addictive, Waze is awesome and is alot smaller in size than Navfree which is what i had before and Zombie Highway is another good one.

Of the apps i have which havent really been mentioned, Flick Football really good and is quite addictive and easy to spend 10 minutes in the toilet in work  ;). Flight Control is awesome, basically trying to guide planes onto a runway but again its good to waste about 10 minutes. Stick Cricket is one of my favourites and i regularly spend an hour or two playing that at home.

Out of the non-game apps i really like MyBus (shows bus times at each bus stop in the UK), Shazam (lets you tag music you hear but don't know), On this Day (tells you useful facts that happened on each day) as well as the NASA app.

Not a massive fan of the Google Earth app as it's not the easiest to navigate even on an iPad. It's annoying that alot of my main iPhone apps don't have an iPad equivalent. The screen looks really stretched otherwise and isnt as visually impressive,
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3864 on: July 11, 2013, 10:19:38 pm »
I've been playing Kingdom Rush recently, and I have to say it's outstanding. Wonderful game design. Everybody should spend the 69p it takes to download it.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #3865 on: July 12, 2013, 07:00:59 am »
Angry Birds Star Wars now free

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3866 on: July 12, 2013, 04:30:07 pm »
It's annoying that alot of my main iPhone apps don't have an iPad equivalent. The screen looks really stretched otherwise and isnt as visually impressive,

What apps don't have an iPad app these days? I rarely find one these days which doesn't have one.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #3867 on: July 12, 2013, 04:54:27 pm »
What apps don't have an iPad app these days? I rarely find one these days which doesn't have one.
The apps work on an iPad but its optimized for the iphone screen if you know what i mean. The instagram app for example still opens up on the ipad as the same size as an iphone app. you have to enlarge it to fill the screen but then the display doesnt look as good.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3868 on: July 12, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »
The apps work on an iPad but its optimized for the iphone screen if you know what i mean. The instagram app for example still opens up on the ipad as the same size as an iphone app. you have to enlarge it to fill the screen but then the display doesnt look as good.

Yeah the Instagram one is the only one I have which they don't have an iPad one for, god knows why.

I don't have any others though that I can think of off the top of my head, and have a lot of apps on there between play/work apps. Was just wondering what yours were seems you said a lot of your main apps.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #3869 on: July 12, 2013, 05:56:43 pm »
Yeah the Instagram one is the only one I have which they don't have an iPad one for, god knows why.

Cos they know that people taking photos with an iPad look silly ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #3870 on: July 12, 2013, 06:11:55 pm »

I don't have any others though that I can think of off the top of my head, and have a lot of apps on there between play/work apps. Was just wondering what yours were seems you said a lot of your main apps.
Here's a few: -
Apple Store
Google Maps
Met Office
Lloyds Bank app
BBC Sport
Vouchercloud
Zoopla

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3871 on: July 12, 2013, 06:17:33 pm »
Here's a few: -
Apple Store
Google Maps
Met Office
Lloyds Bank app
BBC Sport
Vouchercloud
Zoopla

You sure you're downloading the right ones, as the App Store (that comes preloaded on iPads) is definitely an iPad app, as is Google Maps IIRC.

I don't use the others but are loads of good weather apps if Met Office isn't full screen, same for sport apps if BBC is shite.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #3872 on: July 12, 2013, 09:35:13 pm »
You sure you're downloading the right ones, as the App Store (that comes preloaded on iPads) is definitely an iPad app, as is Google Maps IIRC.

I don't use the others but are loads of good weather apps if Met Office isn't full screen, same for sport apps if BBC is shite.
It's not the app store app mate. It's the other Apple Store app where you can buy stuff (ipods etc) on.  :wave

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3873 on: July 12, 2013, 09:55:27 pm »
It's not the app store app mate. It's the other Apple Store app where you can buy stuff (ipods etc) on.  :wave

Oh, get you! Didn't realise you had an app for that - doesnt surprise me they don't have an ipad app as don't even have a mobile friendly website!

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: July 26, 2013, 01:00:45 pm »
My bird is going on at me to find her cheats for Simpsons Tapped out for unlimited donuts. Wouldnt have thought this possible with it being an online based game?

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #3875 on: July 29, 2013, 05:43:37 pm »
Is your phone jailbroken?
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: July 31, 2013, 09:50:49 am »
Woke up this morning and somehow flung my iPod off my bed. Even though I have one of these cases my power button is stuck and cannot be used. This is the reason I bought a fucking case. Anyway what can I do?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3877 on: August 9, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »
Dropped my IPad 3 and cracked the screen.

How much does it cost to repair?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #3878 on: August 9, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »
Dropped my IPad 3 and cracked the screen.

How much does it cost to repair?

However much you're prepared to pay to get it done properly. I got a 'cheap' repair and suffer from dust under the screen. :wave

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3879 on: August 9, 2013, 10:47:36 pm »
However much you're prepared to pay to get it done properly. I got a 'cheap' repair and suffer from dust under the screen. :wave

Oh really mate.

Did they check to see if it was working correctly also?