Author Topic: Football 'bantz'  (Read 8199 times)

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Football 'bantz'
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 10:51:56 am »
I thought they where united fans ???
Evertonian couple. She posted that photo of her dad last year with the “Kopites are Gobshites” thing in the background, got people calling her out in it and then started spouting “always the victims” and all that tiresome stuff. That then became the latest “typical Liverpool fans attacking an old man online” blah blah blah blah

The epitome of anti-Liverpool “bantz”.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2020, 10:52:27 am »
i find it bizarre from any fans using those taunts and then you see where there from and think bet they don't know what the place is actually like
Because they’ve seen/heard it on social media and think they need to adopt the same tired opinions to fit in.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 10:52:52 am »
i find it bizarre from any fans using those taunts and then you see where there from and think bet they don't know what the place is actually like

That’s why you just ignore it really. Dumb fucks.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2020, 10:53:27 am »

Actually, that’s another bugbear, the fact that all the ‘bantz’ we get is all so unoriginal. About 10-15 years back most of these insults about us only cake from United fans. Now every virgin with a keyboard is calling us a bin dipper or a murderer and all the other pathetic shit. It doesn’t offend me, apart from in its complete unoriginality.

If we have fans back by December you can bet the Mancs will still be singing Feed the Scousers, completely oblivious to the insult it would be to Marcus Rashford and the work he has been doing.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2020, 10:53:50 am »
I thought they where united fans ???

Female evertonian from Cheshire apparently, also a terrible c*nt

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 10:56:18 am »
One thing that hasn't been missed at empty stadiums.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2020, 10:56:28 am »
Just what ever you do, don't find yourself in the "league vs league vs league" arguments. It's horrific, and keeps coming up on my trending page on Twitter.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2020, 11:13:12 am »
Female evertonian from Cheshire apparently, also a terrible c*nt

Ah i see didnt know
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2020, 11:24:01 am »

Great post and sums up my thoughts.

I've got a low tolerance for virtually everything put out by mainstream media, especially when they build a story around how twitter has reacted to something.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2020, 11:36:47 am »
Robbie at AFTV is a master at it, completely exploiting his fanbase and Arsenal's "troubled" times.

People still think that AFTV are genuine. There was a live stream during the Europa League final where they got battered 4-1 and they got caught on camera laughing about how Arsenal lost yet they still made £200 in donations whilst streaming.

They're masters of playing the fool. Create an image designed to be laughed at and not taken seriously, do things to make people laugh at you and earn thousands in ad revenue. Or get the keys to Downing St...  :jester

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2020, 11:55:34 am »
I think some of this is a sign of the global reach football has.  When you see this stuff on social media, half the time it's people from countries that don't have a traditional football culture and so what they see on Twitter is what they think it's about.

Not trying to make that an OOT thing, or make it a UK versus foreigner thing.  I'm an OOT myself.  Just that for me football is a real thing that happens, I can go to Anfield, or I can watch my local team.  I can play the game or talk about it with my mates.  If you're in a country where you don't get the opportunity to play the game, watch it, or talk about it face to face with real people, then you're connection with the game is different.  If your only opportunity to talk about it is online then you're going to end up talking in gifs or shite online tropes because that's the only example you have to learn the culture.  Your opinion about players is going to be based on their FIFA rating and their Youtube videos rather than what you see with your own eyes.

This is probably true to an extent in the UK with kids being priced out of actually going to the game and with fewer opportunities to play it because of the state of grass roots as well.

Completely agree with this and it's very well put.

I'm from Liverpool but have lived in different parts of this country and abroad for a small time. What's undeniable from my personal experience is that Liverpool fans in Merseyside that I know or have known (and that's a pretty broad spectrum of people), generally follow and view the club in a different way than most Liverpool supporters I've come across elsewhere. I'm aware that's a pretty broad generalisation but in general terms it's true in my personal experience.

I personally think it's because of the day to day living and breathing of football and Liverpool Football Club that is impossible to escape from if you live in Liverpool. You can't escape it, even if you wanted to. You also understand the culture of the City and club better because of this. Pretty much everyone talks about it all the time whether you are at home, with friends, with family, at school, at work in the pub etc..

I don't think that's necessarily the same when you live elsewhere. It's a more diluted version. That doesn't make that supporter any less valuable or worthy but are certain fans having that immersion in the culture of the club and city in the same way as someone who lives there. If you go the game week in, week out then I think you probably do over time and probably understand it more than a lot of Reds from the city. But in general terms most people probably don't. It's exactly the same for me, when I'm talking NFL. I love San Francisco 49ers and have followed them for over 30 years. Been on trips to US to see them that have cost me a small fortune. I've lived in San Fran. There's still no way I understand the culture of that city and that team as much as someone brought upon the city, who lives and breathes the sport and that team everyday. DO I think I'm any less of a supporter? Probably not. But I do have the awareness that I don't understand the culture of the team as much as others.

Somewhere like RAWK helps. People on here understand the club and the culture of the club and city pretty well. Other social media less so. The more successful we are, the more fans from all parts of the World will follow us. Most will have little or no connection with Liverpool as a city and will probably need time to really understand the club. We are lucky that most of fans from around the World become immersed in the club and grow to love it. But there's definitely a growing section of fans who don't. I suspect that there only real interaction is watching the game on TV and interacting on Twitter or other social media platforms. That's not necessarily the best breeding ground for 'getting the club'.

One last thing that boils my blood is the "Top Reds' shout. Anyone who defends or backs the club is called a "Top Red' by a small section of fans on social media.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2020, 01:16:46 pm »
Agree with all of this but I'm still going to call Pep a bald fraud at every opportunity
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2020, 01:35:24 pm »
Agree with all of this but I'm still going to call Pep a bald fraud at every opportunity

Obviously. That’s based in fact rather than bantz.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2020, 01:38:59 pm »
One of the worst things to happen to football.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 01:41:18 pm »

One last thing that boils my blood is the "Top Reds' shout. Anyone who defends or backs the club is called a "Top Red' by a small section of fans on social media.

And it's usually used against people who have the temerity to actually read the publicly available information about the club rather than spouting ill informed bollocks. Case in point, all the "how can we be skint, when we've just won the league" etc.

That's the thing the whole bantz culture. Everything's an extreme and labelled as such with no shades of grey.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 01:43:30 pm by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 01:57:16 pm »
I hardly ever see these things, so maybe I could give you tips on how to avoid it (that is, if I knew how I was avoiding it!)

Tip 1 would seem to be minimise your use of twitter and youtube.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 02:00:51 pm by Skeeve »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2020, 02:01:12 pm »
Your the archbishop of Banterbury Fitzy.

That's not bad... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2020, 02:35:14 pm »
Everything is summed up when that bellend Jamie Vardy automatically became a legend/cult hero for saying 'chat shit got banged'.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 02:37:15 pm by mattD »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2020, 03:31:53 pm »
Yet more evidence of the wholesale dumbing down of society.

Lamentable.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2020, 04:49:03 pm »
Obviously. That’s based in fact rather than bantz.

;D
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2020, 04:51:31 pm »
It's hardly new, just an evolvement of the shock jock / football phone in radio shows.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2020, 05:06:35 pm »
It's all utter shite.  Social media was a mistake.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2020, 05:07:37 pm »
It's hardly new, just an evolvement of the shock jock / football phone in radio shows.
I think it is quite new in terms of its current incarnation. Certainly more extreme.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2020, 05:10:05 pm »
I think it is quite new in terms of its current incarnation. Certainly more extreme.

I've heard a load of absolute shite on certain radio stations on the way back from the match over the years, sometimes deliberately argumentative to spark discussion / debate / calls, other times just the ramblings of idiotic hosts and guests.

I think the latter are being allowed more of an airing now as opposed to the former, but it's not a huge deal different.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2020, 05:13:21 pm »
I've heard a load of absolute shite on certain radio stations on the way back from the match over the years, sometimes deliberately argumentative to spark discussion / debate / calls, other times just the ramblings of idiotic hosts and guests.

I think the latter are being allowed more of an airing now as opposed to the former, but it's not a huge deal different.

The manner in which people talk to others these days is definitely new and a product of the social media dependancy we have.  You've got kids who don't know shit, rushing online to give us their "hot takes" and then verbally abuse anyone who doesn't agree.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2020, 05:22:57 pm »
The worst part of it is that if anyone replies to the absolute shit they all talk, they just replies with memes or gifs and have no ability to converse.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2020, 05:26:57 pm »
It might not be for me, but if it is popular enough that the creators get to do it as a job, hats off to them I say.

There's an absolute fuck-tonne of morons out there. There's no shame in monetising them.

Tory manifesto?

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2020, 05:52:59 pm »
The worst part of it is that if anyone replies to the absolute shit they all talk, they just replies with memes or gifs and have no ability to converse.

Yep and the cycle continues.  Pure mind rot.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2020, 05:53:47 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2020, 06:21:01 pm »

There’s a Spurs fan (I think) who is one of the first to post in reply to the club’s official Twitter with Atlético Madrid gifs. Barca fans do it too. Do they really think that stings the way is beating them hurt them? Clowns!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2020, 06:30:52 pm »
There’s a Spurs fan (I think) who is one of the first to post in reply to the club’s official Twitter with Atlético Madrid gifs. Barca fans do it too. Do they really think that stings the way is beating them hurt them? Clowns!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2020, 06:35:28 pm »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2020, 06:41:56 pm »
"Banter" is just an excuse for bellendry

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2020, 07:17:06 pm »
It's all utter shite.  Social media was a mistake.

Using the internet beyond military and business applications was a mistake.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2020, 07:57:42 pm »
Using the internet beyond military and business applications was a mistake.
All problems in the world are caused by man’s inability to just sit in a room and read a book.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:17:12 pm by Fitzy. »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2020, 08:39:35 pm »
Words/expressions that should be banned:

"We are gargantuan"
"Generational talent"
"W"
"Take the L"
"Top bins"

And a whole host of others I've forgotten. Cringey as fuck.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2020, 08:42:50 pm »

Words/expressions that should be banned:

"We are gargantuan"
"Generational talent"
"W"
"Take the L"
"Top bins"

And a whole host of others I've forgotten. Cringey as fuck.

"There are levels to this game"
"The streets aren't ready for..."
"You love to see it"
"Name a better pairing"

FUCK OFF!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2020, 08:44:24 pm »

"You love to see it"
"Name a better pairing"

FUCK OFF!

“We need to talk about”

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2020, 08:51:37 pm »

"You love to see it"
"Name a better pairing"

FUCK OFF!

Any word followed by "merchant" (unless it's Natalie, I'll allow that). Oh and replying with a picture of that guy from AFTV and a text along the lines of "a dub so big..."

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2020, 08:54:07 pm »
To be honest, I see a lot of the points mentioned in this thread occurring on RAWK more and more as well.

I think it's just something we have to accept. If we are looking for intelligent debates, you have to go to into the News forum and occasionally the Media and Arts sections to find it. For football discussions itself, it's better just to go offline and discuss with other people face to face now. Otherwise, it becomes all too much.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow