Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112434 times)

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #840 on: January 9, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »
Not sure if it has been mentioned but one of the commentators on ITV said something along the lines of "Mr Ferguson is one of those managers that has always treated the FA cup with respect"... rewriting history a tad methinks.

Then I thought off Leeds last seaosn
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: January 9, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »
All I want to say about the game is well done to the traveling kopites - they were brilliant.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #842 on: January 9, 2011, 05:08:08 pm »

Oh dear, Howard. Oh dear...
*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #843 on: January 9, 2011, 05:08:37 pm »
Penalty? No fucking chance.
Red card? Yes, if that was a Liverpool player who got crunched I'd want a red card.

The penalty decision was an absolute disgrace, did the linesman in a better position give a penalty? No. Did Howard "I fucking love Man Utd" Webb give it from 30 yards away? Course he did, couldn't wait to.

We were frustrated from then on, Gerrard did a silly challenge that I thought he'd grown out of and we were on the back foot for most of the remainder of the game, we stood strong and held out.

Completely robbed.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: January 9, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »

Offline wilburkop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #845 on: January 9, 2011, 05:10:32 pm »
When watching the replay, Webb IMO seems to have a pretty poor view of the incident. He's facing the wrong way to start with and turns his head towards the tackle at the very end. His head is facing at the corner flag, approx. 15/20 degrees short of the tackle when it happens. How can he confidently produce a red card for it?

It IS a red card offence but frustratingly how can he produce a red for this when he hasn't a clear view as well as giving a penalty for a similarily poor view. Suggests poor refereeing
[/quote

i have to agree i went through it frame by frame on sky plus in didn't see the full tackle

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #846 on: January 9, 2011, 05:10:54 pm »
Whats SMH mean?

Shaking my head not shake my head lol
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #847 on: January 9, 2011, 05:10:58 pm »
Fair play to KK with the younger players, here's a man bold enough to have a go and not worry about media reaction. Bring on the Blueshite.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline malaujai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #848 on: January 9, 2011, 05:11:12 pm »
Maybe it was just me but did anyone notice when Nando came off and KK came to meet him at the touch line, they tapped each other on the back of the head... Always see the manager acknowledge the player with a tap, but rarely the other way around as well!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #849 on: January 9, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »
Kenny Dalglish spoke of his desire to 'bring back the happy memories' for the Liverpool fans who today welcomed his return with rapture.

Chants of 'Dalglish' could be heard throughout our 1-0 FA Cup third round defeat to Manchester United - and the man himself admitted he was overcome with emotion to be back after 20 years away from the Liverpool dugout.

"The reception of the fans was unbelievable," said Dalglish. "It crossed my mind to do a Mourinho or a Gary Neville and run down the line to their corner but I never made it!

"But the fans have always held a special place for me and my family and thankfully they've got a long memory of those happy times. I hope we can bring them back. Their support for me today was superb.

"I cannot see into the future. All I can do is promise the same as when I signed in 1977 - 100 per cent commitment from Kenny Dalglish.

"The next six months will be fantastic for me. If we put as much effort and commitment to the cause as we have today then we should be alright.

"It's my responsibility to encourage the players and improve them, and hopefully we'll get better."

Asked what his old adversary Alex Ferguson said to him before kick-off, Dalglish replied: "He said 'Welcome back'. I thought he'd be up here first to warm you up before I came in to be honest!"

Liverpool lost 1-0 following a controversially awarded penalty after less than a minute of play, Daniel Agger making the slightest contact with Dimitar Berbatov.

Ryan Giggs duly converted, and though the Reds initially looked good for an equaliser, their task was made all the more difficult by the straight red card flashed by referee Howard Webb to Steven Gerrard for a strong challenge on Michael Carrick.

Dalglish added: "Obviously I'm not going to be pleased to lose a match but the most important thing for us is what we got out of it - that we had a great deal of effort and commitment from the players. Their endeavour and enthusiasm and commitment to the cause was matched by the supporters and if we get everyone pulling in the same direction we'll have a good chance to improve things going forward.

"I don't think any one of our players could be faulted for effort and commitment. Yes, they might pass it better or finish it better but this is a hard place to come.

"To concede a penalty in the first minute and get a man sent off was always going to make it difficult for us but the boys stuck to the task. Up until they hit the post late in the second half they had the penalty shot and very little else. If we can restrict the top teams to that then it bodes well for us."

Dalglish substituted Fernando Torres with 14 minutes remaining.

Quizzed on the striker's form, he said: "We couldn't have got any more from Fernando in terms of effort and commitment. He ran himself into the ground. It's a great sign he's determined to get himself back and silence any critics he's got. He did everything that was expected of him on the day.

"When you look at the lads, it doesn't matter how good a player you are - you've still got to have a bit of confidence. And we've got to get that confidence back in him.

"We've got to get the players confident and believing in themselves. Once we get that then we'll move forward."

The Reds had to do without Glen Johnson, whose wife fell into labour.

"The lads were thrown into a wee bit of turmoil yesterday with Glen Johnson's wife going to have a baby and it's 100 per cent proper that he wants to be with her," said Dalglish.

"Young Martin Kelly comes in and he's as good as anyone on the pitch. That's great encouragement for Martin and for all the young boys out there. Jonjo Shelvey came on and was a wee bit ambitious with his free-kick, but at least he's looked up and noticed something."

Dalglish was asked if he would appoint any new coaches to help him turn Liverpool's season around.

He replied: "I don't know - I've only just turned up. If there are people who have left positions then obviously they'll have to be filled."

Regarding possible new signings, The King added: "If somebody had said to me, this is your squad of players, would you take the job? I'd have said yes with the squad of players we've got. I've got no pre-conceived ideas of players I have in mind to bring in. Whether there are other targets there that the club had in mind before I came in, I don't know. And I shouldn't know because I wasn't in a privileged enough position to know."

Reporters wanted to know more about how Dalglish's return came about.

He told them: "I was on a boat, I was happy! Then I got a phone call from John Henry and he said 'Do you want to come and look after the team until the end of the season?'

"Being a professional athlete I was at the bar!

"It's brilliant. It's amazing how quickly the memory comes back to you. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was in the dressing room.

"It's a club that means a great deal to me and my family."

Author: Jimmy Rice at Old Trafford

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-s-united-press-conference

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: January 9, 2011, 05:11:25 pm »
Shaking my head not shake my head lol
Smart arse. :D

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: January 9, 2011, 05:11:37 pm »
Fans were great, was praising them to my City supporting mate in the pub. Loved hearing them blast out while United fans sat on their hands. Was never a peno was it? Rough luck, a horrible dive (contact or no contact). Gerrard was careless, couldn't really argue with the red I'm afraid. We were playing OK with him on, though quite deep and not connecting with Torres.

Second-half was gutsy, really gutsy. Defended well, battled hard. Love Kelly, hope his progress continues apace. Reina's saves too :D

Not a bad first game, could certainly have gone worse but the half-time team talk seemed to do a decent job!

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: January 9, 2011, 05:11:45 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
#hey http://plixi.com/p/68909575
3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Say what you want about the lad but its fucking hurting him this loss.  Good fella that I've always liked if not rated.

Edit: Oh yeah, very silly of him to put that up but fuck it.

The lad is truly true a Liverpool man. Thats good enough for me.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: January 9, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »
Lucas Leiva's Twitter:

"Thanks for all messages. It isn't the best birthday but let's to be positive and move forward !#YNWA you are the best !"
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #854 on: January 9, 2011, 05:12:29 pm »
But he only pulled out of it to an extent (though he still played the ball) because Rafael shaped to take his legs off by jumping with two feet off the floor. So why wasn't that a red if Gerrard's was? Meireles did Rafael a favour indeed (although I think he was looking to do his own legs a favour more than anything else), but why did Webb not take action there? He bottled it, he was all over the place. Then another strong challenge goes in and suddenly it's a red, despite not even giving a free kick for Rafael's challenge, and despite not blowing straight away or not seeing it properly. I'm only surprised he didn't help them kill the game off later on when Kelly cleanly challenged Evra in the area.

Nail on head WelshMike. Webb is a bottler, especially at Old Trafford, he wouldn't want to give any decisions against the mancs that might  upset Taggart now would he?

Anyway, no point in getting angry over a hugely predictable result, the writing was always on the wall the moment he blew for Berbatov taking a dive. The only thing I'm angry about is the buffoons on ITV giving Berbatov MOTM - if they had to give to a manc then I'd say Giggs was far more deserving, as foul as it feels to type that sentence.

Result aside, I feel so proud of the team today, much more spirit about them and far more organised, in spite of the fact they had to double up after SG's moment of madness - not that I though it was a red, it was a good old fashioned 50/50 hard nails challenge. I'm actually wondering what kind of view that the manc's no.12 had of the incident - could he clearly see that both feet were off the ground. From what I remember I think not, in which case was it the linesman who gave it? I don't remember seeing a flag, might be wrong though.

In any case, this was much more like it, and I'm looking forward to the Blackpool game, with Kenny having a few days to really stamp his mark on the team and get the fire in their bellies roaring even hotter. Let the press have their little giggle that we lost on KK's first game back, but I'd bet that there won't be many more of those during the rest of the season.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #855 on: January 9, 2011, 05:12:50 pm »

It's difficult not to use excuses when you see the referee mach such a glaring mistake as that. It was never a penalty, even at Castle Greyskull.

It wasn't a mistake. It was obvious he would fuck us over at the first opportunity, and he did.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #856 on: January 9, 2011, 05:13:12 pm »
dalgleish on the radio.

fuckin boss !

Who is Dalgleish? Never heard of him. Now Dalglish he is a Proper Legend!
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: January 9, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGDjn9U-qSE

Indeed, this is so obviously not a penalty

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: January 9, 2011, 05:13:25 pm »
I thought Lucas was excellent for first 65 mins or so until tiredness set in, both him and Kelly were quality as well as Reina. Who took over captaincy when Gerrard got sent off btw? Wasn't sure if it was Pepe or not.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #859 on: January 9, 2011, 05:13:33 pm »
"Mr Ferguson is one of those managers that has always treated the FA cup with respect"

Like when they pulled out of the FA cup to play in the world club thingy...
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: January 9, 2011, 05:14:55 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
#hey http://plixi.com/p/68909575
3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Say what you want about the lad but its fucking hurting him this loss.  Good fella that I've always liked if not rated.

Edit: Oh yeah, very silly of him to put that up but fuck it.

Hah. Considering the FA are more interested in punishing dissent than incompetence it's dumb but I do like his spirit. Wish we had more like that

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #861 on: January 9, 2011, 05:15:02 pm »
What about rafael's two footed jump?  I'd argue his was worse, as he jumped straight at the player, whereas Gerrard came in alongside the player.  No surprise anyway, happens all too often with this ref at this ground.  Pen and sendings off are as routine as throw ins with this baldy bastard.

Best ref in the league?  Doesn't say anything about the rest does it.  Except of course he's not, he's awful, as evidenced by his display in the WCF.
Did you even read the rest of my post?

That Webb is inconsistent, and that Man U get away with that kind of stuff, ESPECIALLY at OT isn't news to anyone except fans of their club.

But we KNOW THE SCORE. We can't control Webb, or what Utd do, but it sure as hell IS in our power NOT to make off the ground two footed lunges - which by the rules are RIGHTLY a red card challenge regardless of contact with the ball - contact that Gerrard didn't even make.

Gerrard shouldn't be making that challenge in ANY game. A 'perfect' ref would give a red for that EVERY time. Yes, it's bullshit that the Mancs get away with that, and that's a thing worth moaning about, but it was still a red card challenge that should have been given a red and should always be given a red no matter who the ref, what the fixture or whether there's contact or not - the rules are crystal clear about it.

The penalty I'll get pissed off at Ref about because the dive was bloody obvious and it was so early in the game. That Rafael didn't get sent off (though I didn't see it) I'll moan about if it's as bad as you say it is, but I'm not going to start moaning about Gerrard getting sent off for a blatant red card.

By all means attack Webb, by all means moan about the blatant bias and inconsistency, but don't try and tell me that Gerrard's challenge didn't deserve a red, or wasn't a red card challenge, because it really was, all day long and twice on Sundays.

Comparison with the De Jong challenge are nonsense as well because it's a totally different type of challenge - the rules on the lunge Gerrard made are crystal clear, as they are with, for example, elbows to the face. As far as I know there is no such crystal clear directive when it comes to high feet in an aerial challenge - as Skrtel can attest. Again, not that I'm saying De Jong shouldn't have been sent off, but it's a pointless comparison because it's a different type of challenge.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #862 on: January 9, 2011, 05:15:02 pm »
Lucas Leiva's Twitter:

"Thanks for all messages. It isn't the best birthday but let's to be positive and move forward !#YNWA you are the best !"

Happy B'day Lucas - you're Boss !!
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: January 9, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »
I thought Lucas was excellent for first 65 mins or so until tiredness set in, both him and Kelly were quality as well as Reina. Who took over captaincy when Gerrard got sent off btw? Wasn't sure if it was Pepe or not.

I think so. I looked for other players to have the band but couldn't see it, so it must have been Pepe. Thought Lucas also had a good game, another thankless task for the poor lad on his birthday

Offline ScouserMichael

• Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King!
« Reply #864 on: January 9, 2011, 05:16:32 pm »
Proud of the lads. They did well considering it was 12 vs. 10 on the pitch, but I'm fucking fuming. Fuck off Howard Webb ya twat!

Martin Kelly man of the match. He was simply brilliant today
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/  -  Justice for the 96!

Proud Member of Spirit of Shankly
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #865 on: January 9, 2011, 05:16:57 pm »
I wish there were a more intelligent and mature way of me articulating my feelings that Howard Webb should go fuck himself with a knife. Unfortunately there aren't, so I'll leave at that.

Still for the first time in a while it's a defeat where it's the positives that stand out. Way above the negatives.

"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »
...and Ferdinand's view: "To be in the 4th round is what we wanted and what we got, such a great feeling to win against one of our fiercest rivals. Definate penalty."
You trying to merk us, you bellend?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #867 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »

Kuyt
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGDjn9U-qSE

Indeed, this is so obviously not a penalty

Funny thing is, Sky will actually package a video such as this in the same way.

Anything to do with Man United, they slow down, show in "SKY'S GLORIOUS HD" and add theatrical music too. Oh, and they add Andy Gray saying "out of this world" too. C*nts.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:31 pm »
Awwww Lucas just said he has no doubt we're the best supporters in the world.
Love him.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #870 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:38 pm »
Did you even read the rest of my post?

That Webb is inconsistent, and that Man U get away with that kind of stuff, ESPECIALLY at OT isn't news to anyone except fans of their club.

But we KNOW THE SCORE. We can't control Webb, or what Utd do, but it sure as hell IS in our power NOT to make off the ground two footed lunges - which by the rules are RIGHTLY a red card challenge regardless of contact with the ball - contact that Gerrard didn't even make.

Gerrard shouldn't be making that challenge in ANY game. A 'perfect' ref would give a red for that EVERY time. Yes, it's bullshit that the Mancs get away with that, and that's a thing worth moaning about, but it was still a red card challenge that should have been given a red and should always be given a red no matter who the ref, what the fixture or whether there's contact or not - the rules are crystal clear about it.

The penalty I'll get pissed off at Ref about because the dive was bloody obvious and it was so early in the game. That Rafael didn't get sent off (though I didn't see it) I'll moan about if it's as bad as you say it is, but I'm not going to start moaning about Gerrard getting sent off for a blatant red card.

By all means attack Webb, by all means moan about the blatant bias and inconsistency, but don't try and tell me that Gerrard's challenge didn't deserve a red, or wasn't a red card challenge, because it really was, all day long and twice on Sundays.

Comparison with the De Jong challenge are nonsense as well because it's a totally different type of challenge - the rules on the lunge Gerrard made are crystal clear, as they are with, for example, elbows to the face. As far as I know there is no such crystal clear directive when it comes to high feet in an aerial challenge - as Skrtel can attest. Again, not that I'm saying De Jong shouldn't have been sent off, but it's a pointless comparison because it's a different type of challenge.
A good post. Sums up my feelings. Every decision must be made on an individual basis, Gerrard was the guilty party, make no lunge, and there's no decision to be made.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline canadianscraggledog

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #871 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:38 pm »
Better performance from the team, not great but pretty good. I'd say we did better than the mancs for large portions of the game. Most had a good game except Maxi and Torres not so much. Kuyt harried well but lost the ball and possession far too much again.

The ref sucked. Webb's PK was ultra soft, little contact and Barbatov fell too easily. The SG red was insane, since it was a clean tackle in my opinion, went in strong got the ball and little of the man. Not sure what the hell Webb was thinking. Those 2 calls go our way and the game is much different.

We still have a way to go, but with Kenny I think our league and especially away performances should get a lot better. Plus Kenny looks like he'll be giving youth a chance and everyone playing in their "most effective" positions.

Not too disturbed we're out of the FA Cup, less games and can focus on the league and taking maximum points. Need to get the hell away from the relegation zone.

YNWA
60% of the time, it works all the time

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #872 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »
Who took over captaincy when Gerrard got sent off btw? Wasn't sure if it was Pepe or not.

Kuyt!

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #873 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:42 pm »
Sorry, but no. We've got one of about 4 genuinely top, top class attacking right backs in the world - and for my money Johnson is potentially the most talented of the lot of them. I've no objection to him being tried at RW, being played there occasionally, and i'm delighted that Kelly has done so well, but the truth is that Kelly isn't miles better at defending (unless it's a backs to the wall job), while Johnson is hugely better going forward. Kelly's worked his tits off to be effective, but as an attacking RB he's limited - just like Arbeloa was, quite possibly more so.

Johnson as a RB is a component we'll be glad to have if we evolve as we should over the next two or three years - Kelly at RB with GJ in front of him is limiting ourselves tactically, tying ourselves into a more restrictive 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 type approach, and limiting how dangerous we can be in attack. For some games it might be the best option, but really our problem SHOULD be what it was under Rafa - how to break up the shitty bus parkers. For that Johnson at RB is an absolutely crucial aspect, and Kelly at RB a limiting factor.

I just reckon Johnson still has yet to deliver in any meaningful way. We've havn't got the time for him to maybe live up to his potential. I think he's technically excellent but his positional sense, concentration, and for a big lad, his heading ability are medicore at best.

Anytime I see Kelly in that position he looks composed in defence and looks comfortable bursting down the line. With some games under his belt his composure will develop. Also, I've seen him put in a few excellent crosses in the past.

I do like Johnson I'm just running out of patience with him a bit lately and see no reason for Kelly not to retain his place.

Plus I don't think we have to worry to  much about teams coming to Anfield to park the bus at the moment. Every team we play is trying to beat us, home or away. So I'll take defensive sturdiness over potential attacking threat for the time being.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: January 9, 2011, 05:17:51 pm »
what is ryan babel twitter account?

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: January 9, 2011, 05:18:00 pm »
...and Ferdinand's view: "To be in the 4th round is what we wanted and what we got, such a great feeling to win against one of our fiercest rivals. Definate penalty."
You trying to merk us, you bellend?

Can't even spell "definite".

Fucking moron.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: January 9, 2011, 05:18:09 pm »
Spoke to a mate, few seats from the stands.
15 arrests inside the ground for damage
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline chinesereds

• Main Stander
« Reply #877 on: January 9, 2011, 05:18:24 pm »

I give a perfect ten for this dive  :no

Offline Scouse_12

• Main Stander
« Reply #878 on: January 9, 2011, 05:18:38 pm »
Here he is the "Munich" chanter...if anyone knows him, can we get him reported?

Offline bruce64

• Main Stander
« Reply #879 on: January 9, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »
I hate man united ,  how come we couldn't stuff it to them , i hate there smug fans , i hate how howard ALWAYS gives Man u the benifit of the doubt , it was howard webb v liverpool , man u didn't even have to play i'm soooo sick of sky sports telling everyone how great man u are , I'm sick of it , i know this just a rant but where else can one rant , makes me mad and who does anything about it  NOBODY what happens to howard webb now ? NOTHING !!! something has to be done there was only one team on the field that was Liverpool we were playing the ref and we knew it man of the match Steven Gerrard excpept he should have taken out the ref and not Carrick . Damn , if only i could swear !!!but i'm not going to !!!